PDA

View Full Version : ex-storyboarder turned 3D animator

alchoi
03-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Hey dudes, what's going on?

This site kicks ... thought I'd post some of my stuff for shits and giggles ...

I WAS in the industry for a number of years, but I decided to head back to school and pick up XSI (which is sweet) and I've got another ten months to work off a scholarship over at VFS, but I've met some cool people so far and a great vibe that proves once again that the lines between 2D guys and 3D guys are blurring nicely ...

Until I get my 3D stuff up to speed, check out some of 2D stuff and let me know what you think ...

(This was a photoshop assignment ... I love being back in school ... what a blast ....)

alchoi
03-04-2002, 01:09 PM
By the way ...

Here's the original character design for this dude ....

This one's meant for the model sheet ...

Cheers...

_Icarus
03-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Nice work! Cant wait till you come up with some 3D images

Squash&Strech
03-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Man oh Man I miss Vancouver,

I love BC, Great Sushi, beautifull City, ahhhh,,the good old days. Hey is bret still there doing the Music and sound? He is a really cool guy. I was there for a 6 month MAYA course 2 years ago, Loved it. I like the style of your character, great lines. I like the mix of 2d/3d, keep it up. no real comments at this point exept good job. and I wish I was back in Vancouver, it was such a great city......;)

Squash&Strech
03-04-2002, 07:30 PM
What I ment was, I like it when 2d and 3d mix, not that yours is a mix. and I know what you mean about the mixing of 2d and 3d students there. It was the same in my time too :)

alchoi
03-04-2002, 08:59 PM
Thanks a lot dudes ...

Yeah, Brett's still kicking around here ...

Him and I got along when we were laying the track for my classical film ... so I've got him stoked about my 3D reel as well ...

I was thinking of posting some of my rotations for other guys to model if they want .... I see a lot of requests for model sheets ...

Yeah ... I'm going to recolour my photoshop guy because I had to cheat a few things to get it in on time (like the gun gradient crap ... errrrgh) and some colour tweaks on his shirt ...

In the meantime, check it out ... here's my nurbs shark assignment ... heheheheh ...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.