PDA

View Full Version : ROBERTO's BULLHORN: THE SUPERHERO FIGHT: Is this an impossible challenge?

RobertoOrtiz
03-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey guys For a while I been thinking of doing a challenge based on
a superpowered fight.
I want to see hard core destrucion(people being trown to buildings, craters forming on sidewalks, cars used as missiles, etc.

My concern is the live action part.
But since the challenge would require filming, I am concerned
on the number of entries we would get.

Any ideas or suggestions?

-R

dax3d
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Wow, this would really kick me into gear and joining these challenges. Maybe we can find some nice stock footage of a city scene to use..and use digital doubles? Or I remember VFXTalk had a challenge a long time ago where you brought a still image to life. Reconstruct the buildings from the photo, add effects, animation, etc...? doh! I guess they wouldn't be digital doubles without getting some actors in the first place. :blush:

Just a thought, but cool idea for a challenge.

rquinn
03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Id say it would have to be more of a choreography challenge and animatic type challenge..
and be judged on the overall originality of the battle..

charleyc
03-04-2006, 12:37 AM
I really like the idea as well. I always want to join these, but can never find the time. But that just sounds like too much fun to pass up.

RFX
03-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Sounds interesting, since i now have a video camera, i could participate on this. The scope on this is a bit big maybe, but it could be fun.

jussing
03-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds awesome!

-but I say make it a story reel challenge... just creating a single shot of a car hitting a wall is enough for a full FX challenge... I think this superhero thing - while awesome - is just too huge. It would take every one of us, working on the same entry, and even then it'd take 5 months. :) That's just my guess, anyway. :)

Cheers,
- Jonas

Lolec
03-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I think this superhero thing - while awesome - is just too huge. It would take every one of us, working on the same entry, and even then it'd take 5 months.

well you dont need to make a 5 min fight , can be a 2 hits or something like that :) i love that challenge roberto i think is... perfect :)

Dutchman
03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I'd lóve that theme, Roberto! Some good reason to get a nice team together, find some extras and have a nice day on set! :scream:

The people who are not able to do live-action could be in a '100% CG' catagorie?

Maybe it's also nice to have the rule that you múst have a story? Then the short movies get allot more depth and so?!

Maybe it's also nice if the deadline could be after the 'The Journey Begins' deadline, as otherwise lots of people might get to stress! :twisted:

Keep us up! ;)
-Gijs

Colincsl
03-04-2006, 10:31 PM
I would definitely be interested. I think it might be best for me if it were in the summer though. I am often working on my segments for TV class and wouldn't have much time. I have a 2-minute segment due each week and I usually do visual effects and stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 10:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.