PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio Review

swedesigner
03-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm a transport designer by degree, but I would like to try and break into the conceptual artist direction. I've put in my website link for everybody to look at and critique. Is there anything that you may feel could help improve it, or that is currently letting me down?

www.swedesigner.com (http://www.swedesigner.com/)

Thanks,

swedesigner

tingham
03-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Sorry no advice at the moment but your technical stuff is absolutely fabulous. Anyone debating whether or not to hit the link should definitely just click away.

-t

Latitude 34 Studios
03-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Gosh, love your work.

As to the web design - you should have a way for the user to get back to the main page when viewing the larger images. In fact your navigation should always be present on each page.

Great Work though...

swedesigner
03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Cool thanks guys,

As for the navigational aspect of the website, I guess that could be a useful thing to have...

DonX
03-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Im spell bound by your automotive design skills. Considering, I am very interested in persueing a career in Automation technical engineering and Design, I have to ask, what steps did you take to get educated for the transport industry? You are from sweden, have you heard of AIDE (http://www.ppd.chalmers.se/m/ppd/AutomotiveDesign/)?

Your website is simple and quick, although I would suggest giving the background a "boost". Throw in a faded drawing of one of your cars concepts, dont limit yourself. Also, a couple of the picture links are broken or mixed with another. I think you have a solid amount of art work and a good basis for a porfolio site.

Excellent F1 Dream car concept...Keep Exploring that creative talent...:thumbsup:

swedesigner
03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Im spell bound by your automotive design skills. Considering, I am very interested in persueing a career in Automation technical engineering and Design, I have to ask, what steps did you take to get educated for the transport industry? You are from sweden, have you heard of AIDE (http://www.ppd.chalmers.se/m/ppd/AutomotiveDesign/)?

I got my Transport Design degree from Coventry University School of Art and Design. I had to go through a "Foundation Year" first, which was basically an introductory "warm-up" year. This is not a prerequisite, but it is recommended if the University feels that you might struggle to adjust to the pace that the Transport Design course goes at. I adjusted pretty easily, but to be honest, I think I needed it, and hey, it was like going to Art Class every day! As for the rest of the course, its another 4 years, progressively adding on tasks that you have to develop in the design process in real life.

As for AIDE, I've heard of it I think...just looked at the site, and I've known of the Umea institute of design, and that I have heard is a good place for transport design. As for Automation Technical engineering, I am not sure. There are other places in the world that offer transport design courses: France, Germany, Italy, UK (Coventry, Durham, London), Hong Kong,...check out www.cardesignnews.com if you have not already done so, and www.dexigner.com

I hope that answers your question,

Thanks again for the tip on the broken links...:)

swedesigner

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.