PDA

View Full Version : Pages blowing in the wind

Nepse
03-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi

This is my first post on this forum and my first week with blender. (Done some small thing with other applications earlier).

I have a school project, we are going to make a musicvideo for a violin concert written by Mozart. And one of the scenes we are planning includes a conductor that is conducting. And I want to illustrate that the same man (the conductor) has written alot of other pieces. I would like to have alot og paperpages "blowing" around him and in the room...

Someone know how to this, know of some tutorial to make paper blow nicely in the wind. Is softbodies the way to go? I've done som small tests, but it doesent look natural... Anyone who can recomend some tutorials, or blend files that i can look into?

Nicool
03-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't know Blender, but another solution (easier to manage the result than softbodies) would be to draw many curves (maybe you ahve a pen tool to draw them quickly with your mouse) and use them a motion paths for pages. Check an option to have the pages to follow the path in rotation normals too. Make sure the pages are not moving all at the same speed! For now you have flat pages moving, you should use a bend deformer taht you would animate as the page fly. If you know your animtion tool, it shouldn't take much than 3-4 hours to complete the shot.

Hope it helps :p

Rambiert
03-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi

This is my first post on this forum and my first week with blender. (Done some small thing with other applications earlier).

I have a school project, we are going to make a musicvideo for a violin concert written by Mozart. And one of the scenes we are planning includes a conductor that is conducting. And I want to illustrate that the same man (the conductor) has written alot of other pieces. I would like to have alot og paperpages "blowing" around him and in the room...

Someone know how to this, know of some tutorial to make paper blow nicely in the wind. Is softbodies the way to go? I've done som small tests, but it doesent look natural... Anyone who can recomend some tutorials, or blend files that i can look into?

Focus At spiral curve [twister] as a motion path for spherical ermiter of UV mapped pages. To do it more spectacular just put 2-3 relative keys for different geometry of pages with tabulatures. It's 10 minutes of work to create animation structure.

"What doesn't kill you'll make you stronger..."
Arnold S.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2006, 02:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.