PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex , please critique

jamhero
03-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone,

The images below are not the final version. There is lot of details to be added to it. The T-rex will later be textured and animated for a short film.

jamhero
03-04-2002, 01:14 PM
smooth version of T-Rex model, teeth and eyes still to be added.

Br0nZiLLa
03-04-2002, 02:22 PM
very cool dude! When your planning on animating it, you should watch a lot of Jurassic Park vidz for reference :D

Russo
03-04-2002, 02:36 PM
good work, where are the teeth? :D

jamhero
03-04-2002, 02:57 PM
i will be adding the teeth and tongue after adding more details to the head

chrislomaka
03-04-2002, 08:22 PM
looks a lot like the jurassic park plastic model... not that that's bad... i like it.

the gums/cheeks for the jaw joint comes back way too far.

the bottom jaw is too thin and too short. it looks like it were to close it's mouth that it would have a serious overbite...

i know the front arms are supposed to be small, but i think they might be a small bit *too* small...

i know tyrannosaurs are odd... they look all unbalanced w. huge legs and teeny tiny arms and a huge head...

TBKoen
03-04-2002, 08:47 PM
whoa...really awesome..

the lower jaw is indeed too small. u should to try modeling it when his mouth is "almost" closed. maybe you could give the head more detail where the "holes" in the skull are.
and uhm...one thing u could spend some more time on are the feet and legs. to my knowlegde they are just a bit bigger and the shapes are a bit 2 round (expesially the toes). they must be very musculair to hold his weight.

but it already looks good tho.. just a few details;)

diazgl
03-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Nice model!
I'll add some of my own comments if you agree:
::Try to make the skin of the dino "hang" at certain plalces, especially under the neck, and a bit just behind the thighs, right before the little "V" shape his body takes.
::Make him have more "built" muscles on the thighs.

chrislomaka
03-04-2002, 09:12 PM
that reminds me...
you can find dino anatomy books. let me know if you want, and i can recommend a really good one for this...

but the upper leg (thigh) should have a crease in the middle-ish, going from hip to knee... think of the muscles in human legs... there's a set of big ones in front for lifting, and some smaller ones on the side, with a defining crease inbetween...
quicke ascii diagram:
| | |
| | /
\ | |

also, the tail has a triangular muscle that goes from the top of the hips to the bottom of the pelvis, and tapers as it goes down the tail; and then there's a crease from there to the end dividing the top tail muscles from the bottom ones...
um... quick ascii diagram of that:
>------

jamhero
03-05-2002, 05:11 AM
thanx all of u for ur kind ideas.

well i have added more details to the leg and tail and also to some part of the neck but still much is there to go about.

jamhero
03-05-2002, 05:12 AM
another view

diazgl
03-10-2002, 10:39 AM
He looks much better, but those lines are troubling me. Should there be a line from his head to his feet? And the line between the body and the tail. Is that right?

Hmura
03-10-2002, 10:58 AM
Nice model,
I see you used Wings, am i right :wip:

Hmura

jamhero
03-10-2002, 11:24 AM
thanx,

some more details added on head and back, tell me what u think.

Yep i used wings3d and also Maya 4.0 for modeling the T-rex. Some parts i do in wings3d and the others in Maya.

diazgl, actually about that line which u r talking about, i have put it there cuz i have seen it in many of the T-rex illustrations and also T-rex models. I guess its a thick vein.

jamhero
03-10-2002, 11:26 AM
more pic

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.