PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping around text

Eclyps19
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Would bones really be the easiest way to wrap a snake around some text? Do any of you have any other suggestions on how to do this? It's really harder than it seems to get it looking right... =\

Giacomo_M
03-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah, it is pretty hard.

You might be able to use the normal deformation tools (unless you need to animate it) but from what you've described, this is one of those situations where you just need to be patient and careful.

GM

Maxx
03-03-2006, 03:21 PM
You might want to look into SplineTranform (I think that's what it's called) for the deformation. I think it's standard with LW now (sorry - I've unfortunately been kept from my LW for far too long by other work) - if not, run a search on Flay.

erikals
03-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi, for animation or a still?

If for still then I guess rail extrude the shape.

If for anim, use Shift Spline Transform,.. also I think Proton had a video-trick using bones and a morph... sorry I can't recall where it is though :/

(maybe not what u look 4 but interesting read, http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8810)

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2006, 11:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.