PDA

View Full Version : advantage of reverse foot rig

virtualmesh
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
what are your thoughts on the advantage of using a reverse foot rig as opposed to a foot rig set up in the same direction as the leg bones with linked single-joint IK solutions through the foot/toe bones ? in what senario(s) would you choose to apply a reverse foot rig ?

I've seen quite a few examples of foot riggs out there, most of them are not reverse foot riggs (forward foot riggs) and was just watching DVD1 of Paul's rigging series where he outlines the steps for creating a reverse foot.

PEN
03-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think that there is an advantage one way or another. I actuly use the forward system more then the reverse. I wanted to show that one as the others had been covered. If you have the control over the foot that you need that is all that matters.

eek
03-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I only use the reverse, when the character needs to leap, or stand on tip toes, tap its feet. Little things that are quick to do. Dual control i find best with a natural foot method.

AsaMovshovitz
03-03-2006, 07:14 PM
I only use the reverse, when the character needs to leap, or stand on tip toes, tap its feet. Little things that are quick to do. Dual control i find best with a natural foot method.

Hi eek,

aaa... whats is Dual control foot control?

Asa

eek
03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
FK control and reverse control, plus natural foot - so when you pull the body to far up the fett naturally curl down. The nice thing with this is that its a side affect of the reverse foot rig.

virtualmesh
03-04-2006, 06:35 PM
thanks for the replies.

coldfuse[ofX]
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
I am pretty new and so i will probably be asking a newbie question. I have been riggin, and basically just trying out stuff, not really getting all the material from books but had a basis.

With a rig i was taught, i applied two ik's. One to bend the knee of the leg, and one to inverse the energy motion back up the foot, when the biped for instance was in a foot roll position.

I then applied a third IK, to see what would happen, and linked this up. What followed was something i was not sure of, and where the control then lied for this extra ik. I know that when the Bipeds ground control was moved down the bipeds toes would curl down. I am guessing from what eek was saying, thats pretty much what i had done, i guess without knowing it lol.

PEN
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Best thing that you can do is post a screen grab of it. I can tell you if it is on the right track.

WMBrown
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes, Please post a screen grab! i'm interested in figuring this out as well.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.