PDA

View Full Version : after effects 6.5studio technique byMark Christiansen

mooncry
03-03-2006, 12:24 PM
hi guys, id like to ask if this book is good? how do you rate this book? what other books would you recommend that teaches how to make effects? like ray of lights on text, those kind of stuff:) thanks in advance guys!!

DLangley
03-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I like it, and have learned alot from it. It covers some advanced stuff, so if you are new to AE it may require rereading and looking at other resources as well. I rate it excellent, but it is not a step by step tutorial kind of book. It provides some of that but mostly it gives you effects fundamentals from which you can explore the possibilities.

2a03
03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Its the best advanced book for After Effects that there is... its really excellent but to learn the basics these two should do it for you....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1578202493/sr=8-1/qid=1141400865/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-1946926-4442238?%5Fencoding=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1578202698/ref=pd_sim_b_1/103-1946926-4442238?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

So get those two to learn the AE basics and then the stuff in After Effects Studio techniques will make more sense to you... Good luck!

Btw: I have the same Shuttle and Processor as you... Are you having any heat probs after OC'ing it?

beenyweenies
03-03-2006, 07:55 PM
hi guys, id like to ask if this book is good? how do you rate this book? what other books would you recommend that teaches how to make effects? like ray of lights on text, those kind of stuff:) thanks in advance guys!!

I own the book, and even though I know AE inside and out I learned a LOT (there will always be more to learn no matter how good you get). I then passed it on to my brother who is just learning AE and he too got a lot from it. It is very well written to give advanced users valuable new "chops" but doesn't lose beginners in the process.

Also, as it happens, I worked with the author at the Orphanage and he is definitely a seasoned pro (and a good guy, to boot), so you can trust the info given as practical studio technique used by actual production houses.

Highly recommended!

mooncry
03-04-2006, 01:11 AM
wow thanks guys for the feedbacks, really appreciate it

to 2a03
- thanks for the book recomendation, i saw it has five stars on amazon, id definitely be getting those books as well, anyway about my rig, i havent tried oCing it yet, i guess the power it gives me (without OC) is more than enough for the task i usually do (photoshop, 3dsmax, flash) so far no problems on heat yet, cpu temps always stays at 50 to 54. have you equipped cool and quiet on yours? theres also a utlitiy called speedfan( i forgot the exact link), but theres a thread on shuttle forum about that:) you might want to check it out.

to beenyweenies
-wow, you had the chance to work with the Mark?!!! for sure you definitely learnd more while youre working with him.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 01:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.