PDA

View Full Version : Japanese style (anime) animation resources/how to's

lui 2.0
03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
hi. i seem to look for websites that somehow teaches procedures/insights regarding how to make an anime syle 2d animation just like that of inuyasha etc. all i see are those animations made out of flash like dexter's lab and the like. im trying to get insights on how anime movies are made..like frame rate, do they use tweening or they draw frame by frame? anime movies seem to be neat as if some parts of the character's body need not to be redrawn. i bloody need your help please. atleast you can give me online tutes etc.
thanks for the help.

lui

RobW720
03-04-2006, 12:56 AM
my guess would be the good ol fashioned way.

for television 30FPS and cell animation. Hand drawn, no auto tweening just draw draw draw. They might do things on 2's so they make 15 drawings for every second, but Im not sure.

It seems, when watching it, it is a limited animation (like a lot of anime) and there is a lot of moving cameras on still drawings with only animation for the mouths, eyes, and hair if there is a breeze. So for longer dialogue sessions they have one drawing for the body and go nuts with the mouth and eyes.

some action shots in that movie are the same way, with a simple drawing and moving backgrounds... fun, inexpensive anime goodness.

thatís what I think, I donít know for sure. It is one way to do it.

lui 2.0
03-04-2006, 04:55 PM
my guess would be the good ol fashioned way.

for television 30FPS and cell animation. Hand drawn, no auto tweening just draw draw draw. They might do things on 2's so they make 15 drawings for every second, but Im not sure.

It seems, when watching it, it is a limited animation (like a lot of anime) and there is a lot of moving cameras on still drawings with only animation for the mouths, eyes, and hair if there is a breeze. So for longer dialogue sessions they have one drawing for the body and go nuts with the mouth and eyes.

some action shots in that movie are the same way, with a simple drawing and moving backgrounds... fun, inexpensive anime goodness.

thatís what I think, I donít know for sure. It is one way to do it.

hi rob. thanks for the info. and yea i realize that when i watch anime. its like the mouth is the only thing animated when a character talks. so that would mean i have to separate the moving objects (hair, mouth, clothes) to the static ones? should draw em on separate paper? sorry im just a noob in 2danim. thanks :D

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.