PDA

View Full Version : How to make Gold ?

mrwolfx
12-14-2002, 06:46 PM
i would like to no how to make the colour gold in photoshop, i have played around with it for some time now and still cant get it right :(

please some1 put me out my missory :)

greetz

Nedim_S
12-16-2002, 10:53 PM
It isn't possible to make the color gold.
You can just make this color on a offset printer (or sth liek that, I don't know the eng. word for those HW),
never on a home ink jet or laser jet printer!

fabriciomicheli
12-18-2002, 02:14 PM
AS Nedim_s said, it's no possible get the gold color, because the gold is a very brilliant material.
The only thing you can do is get some textures for simulate gold (if it will be seen in a monitor), or create your object in a 3Dsoft, so you can add glossiness, brighteness, reflections, and so on.
If you need to print, gold is no possible to achieve in a inkjet or laserjet printer (only an orange-yellow colour). If you are going to print it in offset for example, you can use special tints (gold, silver, copper). For example, Pantone Matching System offers a lot of metal colors for offset printing.

Hope it helps boy.:thumbsup:

natski
12-29-2002, 01:51 AM
To simulate a gold colour out of 4 colour process ink, the breakdown I've used for years is C:10, M:20, Y:60, K:0

The basic formula is twice as much magenta as cyan, and 3 times as much yellow as magenta. This will give you a base colour which you can then add highlights & reflections to for a reasonable gold.

tozkera
12-30-2002, 04:25 AM
you could add some lens flare on a yellow surface, to fake it.

bigyou
01-09-2003, 05:11 PM
i agree that it is impossible to print gold, but its possible to recreate, or somehow emulate, its shininess. heres a link to a tutorial on how to make chrome. follow it step by step to obtain to kind of luminosity and reflections you need to make gold. once this is done, you'll only have to play with the hue ans saturation panel to get the coloration you need

http://www.stridingstudio.com/tutorials/gchrome.html

hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.