PDA

View Full Version : where the F*** is my nodes 8 /

Ravix
03-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi,, well i was working at in a computer before with shake 3.5 and i had to move my files to another computer with same version. all my nodes from the script wont apper in the new computer . when i open the files in text editor , all the infoprmation is there .

anyone know how to solve this???

Aneks
03-03-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm assuming that the new machine has the same or a newer version of shake installed ?

are you using macros in the script ?
if so, are these macros installed on the new computer ?

a couple of things you might try :

instead of loading the script trying using the add script command.

or copy the text from the text editor and paste it into the node view !

beaker
03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Always launch shake from a shell so you can tell what errors it is throwing at you when something goes wrong.

adreamtraveler
03-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Always launch shake from a shell so you can tell what errors it is throwing at you when something goes wrong.

what beaker said = very important

another thing you might try is highlighting all of your nodes in the node view...creating a new plain text file and hit apple+v to paste it as plain text there. then send that text file over to the other machine and copy the text and paste it into the node view. assuming there are no macros or special nodes, you should be able to move then like that no problem.

i have also had success many times in 3.5 simply attaching the text file to an email (or for small files just pasting the node text into the body of the email) and sending that to myself or another person that i'm working with and they copy/paste it into shake on that computer and work from there. i have used this method many times with no real problems at all as it is a very basic way of getting the text version of you node tree.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2006, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.