PDA

View Full Version : After effects problems

blurgh
03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi guys,
hope this is the correct forums. I have been compiling my demo reel and been having problems RAM previewing/rendering since adding a sound track. I am using a .WAV after finding in previous projects that they render much nicer than MP3s

but now when i RAM preview or renderi often get an error
"opening sound component (-2166) "

(10: :44)

any idea what this means/ how to fix the problem

cheers guys

-Darken

Mylenium
03-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Hi guys,
hope this is the correct forums. I have been compiling my demo reel and been having problems RAM previewing/rendering since adding a sound track. I am using a .WAV after finding in previous projects that they render much nicer than MP3s

but now when i RAM preview or renderi often get an error
"opening sound component (-2166) "

(10: :44)

any idea what this means/ how to fix the problem

cheers guys

-Darken

Sounds like the file is damaged. Have you tried to open it in a wave editor (Audition, Soundforge, Nero Wave Editor and so on) and check it there?

Mylenium

mdurwin
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Have you tried using another audio file to make sure it's the file and not a program problem?

blurgh
03-03-2006, 05:24 PM
i have opened the file in media player.. didnt seem to cause any problems. My friend has instaled my copy of AE on his Pc and is getting similar problems with his... could my Program CD be a bit damaged?

any thoughts guys ?
cheers

-Darken

mdurwin
03-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Try using another audio file in place of the one you question. If you have the same problem, either there is a problem with how you created the WAV or a problem with the program. Alternately if you want to post the WAV, I'd be glad to dump it in my AE and give it a try. I'm working on a project right now so I can pretty quickly give it a try. If it works then you have a problem with your AE. But, I can render an audio QT movie and send it to you. That may work.

beenyweenies
03-03-2006, 06:50 PM
i have opened the file in media player.. didnt seem to cause any problems. My friend has instaled my copy of AE on his Pc and is getting similar problems with his... could my Program CD be a bit damaged?

any thoughts guys ?
cheers

Toby
Maybe the type of encoding in your WAV file is the problem. Try saving it out from a different application (such as Sound Forge or even iTunes) set it at 48khz, and use a different encoding format such as MACE 3:1 etc. I don't know which WAV compression option is best, not my field of expertise! Maybe someone else here can comment on best wav compression algo? Either way, this will eliminate one potential variable.

blurgh
03-03-2006, 10:54 PM
I seem to have fixed this problem by rendering the sound file as a windows audio file then putting it in AE :s

very odd... going to try and get a new copy of AE anyway just to be sure

thanks for your help guys.

-Darken

joviphang
03-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi All,

I do hav the same problem, project that hav heavy layering and effects. But most of the time the ram preview is ok but once I go for ouput rendering it prompt me that.:argh: I believe is memory leak some way in cpu ram or my graphic card ram. Even I render it again the same thing happen. (because conflict of hardware drivers)

My solution:

1) Because of your ae doesn't let go the used memory that is stored in your ram. Do it manually. Purge everything and try again.

2)or Restart ae

3)or Disable all effects and find out one by one that is give u this problem (including your text animation, if u hav) Then try to tune the effect setting again

4)or change your output path to another harddisk different from your ae directory 's harddisk.

5)or disable (Music) layer first.

6)This happen some time back when I m using ae 5.5 with only 512ram, 20gb harddisk.
My working ae kept crashing whenever I start it, which ended me in a panic situation.

I moved all the music files to another folder, causes ae unable to locate these music files. To my surprise, I saved my ae with all my musics' waveforms open that causes ae not able to open my files.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 12:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.