PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus design

XavierG
03-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Wow, been forever.

Anyways, www.gamingartist.com had a cool contest where you had to design your own Colossus, it had to fit unto the game schematics etc etc (as a matter of fact, public voting has begun, you can go here (http://www.gamingartist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831) to check it out.

In any case, heres how my piece ended up looking like, I even made a little explanation:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/parasite_colossus_02_character_scal.jpg

This is the Parasite Colossus, a being attached to the Earth to whom it drains its energy constantly, hence making its surrounding area dry and lifeless. Since it is lacking in the arms department, this colossus attacks by slamming its body unto the ground, making sweeps, etc.

You, as a player will have to try how to reach its fairly visible weak point on his nosal area. In order to do that you have to get close enough to the colossus in order to make him attempt to headbutt you into the Earth. If you are successful , he will be dazed slightly thus giving you a chance to hop onto the platform hanging from his ponytail (his actual head will be out of reach) In mid-climb you will have to jump to the other ponytail in order to advance further, from there you should be able to jump safely to the rest areas by the shoulders (there are various, as evidenced by the art) From there on, with careful timing you should be able to make your way to the front of his face to stab the hell out of his weak magical spot. Be careful though! True to his name the Parasite Colossus will drain energy from the Earth and recover its Hit Points if you take too long to destroy him. Were you to be knocked down, you must repeat the same process to get back up or find some alternate routes around his body (if you look at the art carefully I believe youll find at least one )

walrus
03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice design, and pretty true to something that would fit in the game... though i don't know if i like the idea of it regaining hitpoints. Those things are hard enough to kill as it is! :) But good luck in the contest!

-mike

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.