PDA

View Full Version : Help...

BradMick
03-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Allrighty...here's my dilema...

Where do I start when wanting to model a head? I'm using LightWave 7 and tried to do the whole model the shape with a cube and then hit tab to make it all rounded....it didn't work...tried splines, I did something horribly wrong there to. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Brad McKinstry

xynaria
03-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Well .. you could start helping yourself by posting in The Lightwave forum rather than here and en route go check out the tutorials at www.flay.com. :)

Felix
03-04-2002, 06:04 PM
allthough you are probably used to box- modelling, because of LW, try a detail-out-approach, where you start w/ mouth, eye and nose and then bring them together. use background templates or some things may get out of hand... try to get the mesh somewhat according to those facial muscles (i attached a pic); this is hard to achieve using box approach.
look at highend3d.com for some tuts. or search in google for maya/tuts/3d something like that. I am slowly creeping up to intermediate - believe me
I FEEL U :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.