PDA

View Full Version : brazil volume light

visionmaster
12-14-2002, 04:06 PM
hi,
who can help me with the volume light in brazil ?
i dont see the option in the light param..only in the render dial with the "volumetrics bouton".

:)

ZeBoxx
12-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Heya,

Just assign the light to a Volumetric Light entry in the Atmospherics dialog in 3ds max.

That, and more support, for v1.0+ users available from your Registered Users Account page.

Best regards,
Richard Annema

visionmaster
12-14-2002, 05:36 PM
thank you ZeBoxx :)

thats what i done, but the render is very slow, slower than finalrender volum light .. i was thinking that brazil used a specific render for the light.

ZeBoxx
12-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Heya,

Nope.. Brazil r/s doesn't do any kind of specific volumetric light that would replace max's standard one.. seems like an iffy practice to me - better make it a separate volumetric effect :)

As such, it shouldn't be any slower than the scanline renderer (other than that it anti-aliases volumetrics, scanline doesn't).
Of course it may be slower than other volumetric solutions, such as Sitni Sati's ScatterVL / ScatterVL Pro.

I don't know a thing about finalRender besides word-of-mouth and what cebas desires to detail - so I can only wager a guess that they may be using their Bunch of Volumes-style volumetric light in finalRender. That was advertised as being much faster than max's own volumetrics, so that might be :)

I'll leave any official statements on volumetrics plans to the fishes.

Best regards,
Richard Annema

visionmaster
12-14-2002, 06:27 PM
:beer: :beer:

thank you, and your site is very good

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.