PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Adam Harnett

aharnett
03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Adam Harnett is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=10130)

aharnett
03-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here so I'd like to say hello. I noticed this challenge and decided to take a stab at it. I've had a lot of fun already and I'm anxious to see everybody's progress! Please feel free to post your comments and constructive criticism, I'd really appreciate that.

PSych
03-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi! Welcome to the challenge!
Nice sart, good luck and have fun :thumbsup:

W-I-L
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
great satrt mate.... keep em coming

aharnett
03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks guys,

Do you see any potential in this particular direction?
Should I rework it, change the perspective, throw it away or start fresh?

I normally do realistic landscape paintings so this is definitely a good challenge for me. Is
there enough depth presented in my drawing? I'm wondering if it's too crowded.

I'd appreciate some direction on this one.
All the best,
-Adam

Pawlack
03-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Nice start. I'm not sure about the nose. It looks like trollish one, and rest of face is rather elven. I wish you luck ;)

R-K
03-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I'd recommend you to start with what you do best, that is landscape matte painting. I think they gave directions to have a massive backdrop (landscape matte painting), and then work the characters into that sketch. You don't need line art at all.

JTD
03-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Pencil work is fine but it's hard to know what's going on in this picture because there is no depth. I can't be sure if these are little figures or people that are off in the distance compared to the character on the left. It's a good start that needs more of your personal touch.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 09:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.