PDA

View Full Version : Brazil/Vray preset scenes/settings

joost_db
03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
I dont really have the time to spend learning the basics of rendering engines such as Brazil or Vray, and need to make some high quality renderings of simple products like mobile phones just sitting on a white surface. Does anyone know where I can find present 3DS max scenes (that contain a lighting setup, rendering settings, and possibly some standard materials) which I could simply merge my objects into, possibly tweak a few settings, and then hit render....I am using 3ds max 7 and have access to Brazil and Vray through work.

If anybody has anything that could help me out that would be great.

Thanks in advance! J

CupOWonton
03-01-2006, 09:36 PM
ChaosGroup is currently gathering information for some kind of render-preset plugin for render settings. It will not place materials for you from what I gather, but it will set up clean render settings based on image size and desired quality, hopefully.

Im hoping they later compile a list of Vray materials as bases for other materials. "Wood,Glazed Cerramic,Metal,Glass,Paper,Plastic" +Varriations of each (glossy/smooth/deep fog) essentialy their own "Vray-Architectural" setup if you will.

joost_db
03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
yea something like that is what i am looking for, i am wondering if anything like this is currently available anywhere?

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.