PDA

View Full Version : Delayed wing bend in Xpresso or COFFEE

scott frizzle
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I've got a butterfly that I'm building, and I want to have the wings be somewhat flexible, so when they flap there is a slight bend to them. I've got a vibrate tag controlling the wing motion, and I'm using a bend deformer to create the flexing of the wings. Using Xpresso I've got the wing rotation controlling the strength of the bend, but I'd like to have the bend be somewhat delayed so the motion is more realistic, i.e the outer edge of the wing will trail the inner edge by a certain amount. What type of node(s) do I need between my two object nodes to be able to control the amount of delay in the bend? It would be great to simply alter the vibrate tag and have all the other faux wing dynamics react accordingly.

Also, I though it might be cool to try to create the wing motion using Clothilde for a more exaggerated effect, but I couldn't get that to work either. Any ideas about that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks a bunch!

Srek
03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi,
take a look at the memory node, it allows you to access older values thereby creating a delay.
Cheers
Björn

scott frizzle
03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks a bunch Srek, that did the trick.

My Xpresso chops are crap, but little things like this help a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.