PDA

View Full Version : about Setup's MultiMorphCtrol

gntnyng
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
hi guys ,
anyone know messiah MultiMorphCtrol ? I use it for first once, but when i add sceond boxmorph, the first don't work :banghead: . so could anyone help me ? I know marks is master on it, could you...

thanks..

Wegg
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I haven't ever used those. Even when I have HAD to use them from rigs made by other people. . . I dug around and found the sliders instead. Those box things make 0 sense to me. Sorry.

Jefe
03-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Seriously though, someone has to know something about using multiple box controllers. This was a major selling point for me, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Our studio just purchased the software, Joe's CD's we've been rigging our first character. Everything was going great until I tried adding a second box controller. Now, the first one does not work.

I tried adding one manually through the armatures tab, but I cant seem to get them work with the sliders. If anyone knows of a good tutorial on the box morph or quad morph armatures, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks for any help from anyone.

Jeff
Ocean Visual FX

Wegg
03-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I think this has slid into a Tech support question. I do really wish I could help but it isn't something I have ever used. Sorry.

gntnyng
03-03-2006, 01:41 AM
thanks for youy reply ,wegg and geffe,

I will study it later.. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon11.gif

AlexK
03-03-2006, 07:44 AM
I have used them extensively on our panther. They are quite easy to setup actually. What exactly are your steps?

Jefe
03-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Alex

Well I appreciate your reply, and I did figure them out. The problem lies in the pre-setup rig they offer you in the setups list at the bottom of the setup menu. For some reason if you add more than one box controller this way rather than manually setting them up in the setup/armatures tab, the latest box controller will be the only one that works.

The process of manually setting them up seemed very straight forward but I was missing a small detail. I had added a new cluster to my base object, then added a slider from the cluster subt tab. I was not properly assiging the box control to channels of the slider, so what I was doing was instead of picking the slider for obj1 and obj2, I was picking the morph target objects I thought I had to preload into the scene.

No biggie. Part of the fun of 3D is learning software through practice and troubleshooting. I was just looking at a deadline and budget Im trying to juggle.

jefe

gntnyng
03-05-2006, 02:10 AM
AlexK,
It's really easy to setup,yes. but why I can't add it more times, eg, i add one boxmorph for mouth pronounth (Ahh,Ohh...), add second boxmorph for mouth expression(Smile,Sad,Angy...), and add others for eyebrows etc. It easy to setup surely,so I found it easy to sue for first boxmorph. but after i add second boxmorph, the first one don't work anymore but the second is normal .

the attatched is project file. please help me to check it for any error with it, thanks a lot,
file://E:/working/z_racoon/wa_Messiah/wa_guans_boxmorph.mpj

AlexK
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
The morph control you get when you double click on the preset is just to show you how it works (or for setups where you need only one box controller).

You have to set it up by had. That is, create a new armature and then select the appropriate action (I don't have Messiah at hand and don't know what it's called but I remember the name was quite obvious). In the actions settings you can pick which clusters to control via a drop down.

I write this all from memory, so there could be errors. If someone has Messiah at hand and knows what I am talking about, please correct me where necessary.

gntnyng
03-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Oh, thanks AlexK
you inspired me, I will do it right away, and report the result of it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2006, 03:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.