PDA

View Full Version : <<<< Blimp>>>>

Dan Dixon
03-04-2002, 06:47 AM
I just finished a render of a blimp which is going to be in a short if I ever get around to do it. you know what it like.also posting a lot right now due to that I'm redoing my site it should be up in a day so take a look . Thanks for the comments on my girl .http://alshaheen.net/artists/dan/blimp.gif

Terminal24
03-04-2002, 08:12 AM
I'm a big fan of dirigibles, rigid or otherwise, I like your design here, but it would:
A: never take off
B: never move foreward even if it could take off.

even with the most advanced gas technology and fans, wings, hot air, whathaveyou - they could never lift that iron bucket.

hell even a small jet would have problems.

I'd reconsider your design there a little, either incorporate the bucket into the envelope, and add some extra fans and stuff or make the envelope bigger, make the bucket smaller and add some fans.

without fans, its never gonna move foreward, unless thats what the wings are for, but the accent / decent of the main body is too slow to make wings practical - they wouldn't go anywhere.

nice model - just a lot of real world concerns, the thing could only fly by magic. looks more like an amazing submarine.

Dan Dixon
03-04-2002, 08:23 AM
thank for the comment but there are fan you can see them on the bottom of the model there's two under the wings also at the back there is an engine you can just see a small thruster but it is an fantasy short and most thing don't apply to real world physics. but I'll look at it and try to fix some of the things you talk about in the short. thanks bud

Ls3D
03-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Hi Dan,

Cool zepp! I would like to see a bigger envelope, new shaders for the wing (no obvious tile) and less confusion in the envelope, looks like a raytracer is picking up too much detail and / or the transparency is making it look odd?

Also, exagerate the control surfaces, make them more like a tropical fish or Roger Dean painting (ie. old Yes albums).

Have you seen RezN8's blimps? Inspirational perhaps?

-Shea
www.ls3d.com

FYI:
www.rezn8.com

RoRo
03-04-2002, 08:50 PM
superb!!!! I like returned and textures are very beautiful !! :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.