View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Erik Fourie
03-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Erik Fourie is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9926)
Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Mouse Work
03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Welcome all, welcome all! Thanks you for joining us. The bar is in the corner. If you will please gon on through so that we can start. Thank you.
Stay, and enjoy your relaxing visit here in my part of the intergalactic thread system, where you can sit back, and feel better about yourselves! For here you will find an insanely detailed and ecclectic (have no idea what this word means, but it was all i could come up with at the time) work of art showing everyone how not to do computer graphics. In fact, we have gone to great lengths and we, quite fittingly, have travelled to the ends of existence to study and learn all there is to know about fatal mistakes in computer graphics, and we hope we can illustrate this in our humble little picture, which will be awesome of course. We will reach previously thought unattainable boundaries, and go far beyond, we will make it our solemn duty to make your eyes bleed out of sure anguish, we will make you cry the words "stop it", and we will not listen, oh no, we will not listen. For we know that it is vital to our continued gratitude towards the leaders of the industry, that we emphasize just how good pretty much everyone is except the author of this thread. Please, bring your family and friends, and share in the moments of laughter and mockings, for where else will you ever see such extraordinary words of people who know absolutely nothing of what they are doing.
And last, when all has been said and done, watch us run and see us deny having anything to do with producing the finished product. oh yes, this will be a journey, and let us begin it together!
And remember, if you ever, at any time, feel bad about your own entry, please, visit us again.
anonymous . . . er, who put my name under my avatar . . . that just about ruins it.
Here follows specific details:
- I will only use a mouse for my entry! Why do you ask. well, simply because my scanner broke in the first week of the previous challenge, and secondly, I don't own a wacom tablet, and thirdly, then I have an excuse for anything you will see on the following few pages.
- I plan to enter the 3D as well, if I finish my 2D picture in the first month and a half.
- I have this really awesome story that I am doing for a 2D 320x200 old school adventure game (that I'm making because I like making games). HOWEVER, I can't give away anything of the story of this game, which is going to be awesome, otherwise i am going to ruin a ending of the game, and that would ruin the whole game. so, that kinda limits the story aspect of my entry as well.
- therefore, in the end i will be relying on hipnotysm (spelling??) to win this challenge. which i will win.
- the title of my picture will be the quote of my game: "A Tragic Journey Awaits." And what a fascinating little title this is, since not only will the journey be tragic, but also the art. How clever of me.
- A lone man on a stolen steed wielding a stolen sword, is on a quest, a tragic quest. That's all I can say. Ohh, the excitement. You must think, that is probably the deepest thing I've ever heard since that deep cavern in which we lost our cricket ball.
03-01-2006, 05:51 AM
With all that talk, you better show us something good, hehehe. Good to see you here again bro. I'll be watching.
03-02-2006, 11:37 PM
hehe, thanks arc80!
well, we have dabbled a bit with concepts here in our totally superior production studios, and we only had to clean the mouse five times. luckily we have one of them lazer ones with the pretty lights.
i haven't had time to upload the concept yet, what with trying to gather up the courage and all.
03-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Nice to see you here again. Don't leave us hanging like that. Put up a concept sketch already. Just joking. Still I would like to see something...
Anyways, before I completely spam your thread, I would just like to wish you good luck with this challenge. I hope you enjoy it and learn as much as you can from it. Good Luck!
03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
as you can see it's a picture of a dragon rising from the smoke . . .
hehe, no actually it's a boy or girl (still to be decided) that goes to sleep, and so her journey begins in her dreams. i want to show her bed and bedside lamp and wooden floor merging into the surroinding woods.
03-07-2006, 11:54 PM
welcome to the challenge nice start.. i cant wait to see some more.. good luck
03-11-2006, 04:33 AM
finally a sketch and a good one too. Night scene is always a good setting for me. So i'll wait for more. It looks like you're still playing around with it.
be back again mate
03-11-2006, 04:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.