PDA

View Full Version : Harry Knowles talks to James Cameron

RobertoOrtiz
02-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Quote:
"Now he still doesnít know if it is going to be BATTLE ANGEL ALITA or AVATAR that comes next. You see deep within the N.S.A. like security of LIGHTSTORM, Jim has been constructing a Virtual Production Studio completely unlike anything anyone has ever seen before. Within that space are two separate teams concurrently prepping and getting ready to shoot back to back essentially over a 3 year span, BATTLE ANGEL ALITA and AVATAR. "

"With that we began talking about 3D. The camera he is going to be shooting with is called THE FUSION CAMERA, which is scheduled to shoot a U2 Concert in the next couple of days. I love that he knows where his camera is going. Anyway. Jimís planning on shooting 3D not so much as the stab you in the eye, throw a flaming spear at you type of thing, but as, what he calls, ďA More Lucid Window,Ē through which to observe the worlds that heís going to unleash upon us. "

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22599
-R

Bonedaddy
02-28-2006, 11:59 PM
3 Alita movies?! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dear Mr. Cameron:
PLEASE do Alita next.
PLEASE do Alita next.
PLEASE do Alita next.

I would say wait a bit, until I can get on the crew that's working on it, but... no. I can't wait. Please do it next. I beg of you.

Darrens
03-01-2006, 01:29 AM
whew wee thanks for the info....:thumbsup:

Wizdoc
03-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I wonder how the increase in frame rate will affect the VFX industry. I mean, doubling the frame rate from 24 fps to 48 fps, for instance, will also effectively double the time required to render out shots. That doesn't automatically mean direct doubling of the budget required to complete shots, but it does kick up the hardware overhead a notch.

But I am intrigued of what Cameron does with the tech. Sure, he hasn't done any fiction work since 1997, but his track record is certainly impressive.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.