PDA

View Full Version : WIP-birdlike fella

Blackarts
03-04-2002, 05:19 AM
a pretty rough WIP shot of a new bird-man type character. enjoy...

-daryl.

InnerVortex
03-04-2002, 05:33 AM
wow.. greatly modeled muscles so far..
the head seems small maybe..
(damit.. those muscles are beautifull..)
keep the great work man;)

Blackarts
03-04-2002, 06:05 AM
ya, from that angle the head does look a little smallish. I'll probably play with the proportions some more.

Dan Dixon
03-04-2002, 06:37 AM
killer work daryl like i said your muscles are better now then what saw yesterday. this is going to be one of your best work yet and i love that you changed it up and did a creature this time. talk later bud

Blackarts
03-04-2002, 10:19 PM
thanks,

will be posting an update probly tommorrow.

Cgkoko
03-04-2002, 11:02 PM
That is really great.But then again i couldn't expect something less from you!;) The only think you could give some thought on is how much bird do you want him to look like?For example most birds(?)don't have teeth and the lower jaw looks like a human's.I surely like it as it is.I'm just saying that if you want him more bird like you should consider changing one of this two

Blackarts
03-04-2002, 11:17 PM
yeah, he's not really going to be a totally birdman with feathers and all that crap. Basically just a 'beak' type thing thats good for pecking people, stuck onto a beastial / man-ape body. If that makes sense....

Anwyay I have a little sketch of this critter I'm working from, so I'll post it up tonight if I remember.

-D.

NukleoN
03-05-2002, 09:50 AM
Looks great so far! I love the bird head too...the small size of the head is not bad at all..you can get by with a slightly smaller head (IMHO) but a head that is too big will suck the heroism right our of your character. Well done. ;)

NukleoN

Threedeemer
03-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Very high quality modeling, the rib muscles look perfect, can't wait to see more of this character as it develops.

Facial Deluxe
03-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Ah shit, just the kind of character I wanted to do...
That's beautifull man, indeed.

Blackarts
03-06-2002, 04:53 AM
alrighty, bit of an update.

here's the original (and rough) concept sketch, and a bit more progress on the model...

cheers,
-D.

Blackarts
03-06-2002, 04:55 AM
oops, heres the sketch..

AJ
03-06-2002, 04:59 AM
Excellent character - and terrifying!

(Like Don King)

:D

Gilgamesh
03-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Wow, dude. That guy is really solid. Great concept, and wooohoo! Look at those muscles. Stupendous work! :) :)

FIREDD
03-06-2002, 07:40 AM
admire you for your fine works!!
:cool:

marioucci
03-06-2002, 08:47 AM
great model!!!
the muscle definition is great .
may i suggest something?
some parts of the body looks too stiff and i think that maybe if you smooth some areas to differ boned areas from muscle mass areas the effect will get improved.
but thats just been annoing ... the model is beautiful.
keep it up,
loggie.

cerreto
03-06-2002, 09:04 AM
damnit you make it hard enough to crit your work dont you !!!!!

anatomy just plain kicks ass ! really like it and think the hair will make a big difrence on the head not crazy aobut the lower beak though the facial detail is cool i think big huge round eyes would be cool though , id love to see a unsmothed wire frame man thats nice anatomy

Blackarts
03-06-2002, 10:21 AM
hmmm...not so sure about the big round eyes. I'll experiment.

One problem is what do i cover his groin with? animal skins? fur? human skulls? I dunno...

suggestions?

[msf]
03-06-2002, 12:13 PM
something with bones in it would be cool. Furd or animal skins will take away from the whole picture I think. Make it some sort of get up to show that he is killing people on a regular basis :)

I dunno get all hannibal lector crazy with it

cerreto
03-06-2002, 12:54 PM
dont leave him / her exposed as detailed as it is it would add to the character i think make it similar to a a royo monster (louis) just a suggestion

Jhonus
03-06-2002, 01:43 PM
I think you should have the birdman coyly cover his genitalia with his hand whilst a slight blush animates across his face. A sweet smell of perfume permiates his handbag.

yep seriously... if you want to keep it primal then he must be naked.

A covering suggests a self awarness that he currently doesn't look to concerned about.... so why cover the hoodilly? The Salami? The sausage frank? The tallywacker?

DWIEMER
03-06-2002, 02:49 PM
really looking forward to see him finished. great sketch and pose!!!

gr. dwiemer

V-A Rautiola
03-06-2002, 03:48 PM
Looks very good. We all would just love see that dude textured. :)

V-A
http://3d.tunneli.com

Jimmy
03-06-2002, 09:35 PM
"One problem is what do i cover his groin with? animal skins? fur? human skulls? I dunno... "

feathers/ bone combo would be intersting

(make him eat his own kind {canabal}.....use a skull shape close to his own) does that make sense?

Blackarts
03-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Hmm, thats kind of a cool idea jimmy. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. If he has any clothes etc, it will probably be the last thing modeled, so i have some time to thin about it.

cool - will be posting another update soon.

cheers,
-D.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.