PDA

View Full Version : TD Reel Critique

csc2h
02-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Just finished...Please critique... :)

http://www.3dcooper.com/2006_ChaseC_Reel.wmv

-Chase Cooper
www.3dcooper.com (http://www.3dcooper.com)

fx81
02-28-2006, 08:05 PM
well, here are some crits on how to improve it i think
you need to pay more attention to skin weights, there are several skin weight issues on your female head model
one example; when you transformed the jaw there were vertices in the nose and back of the ear that moved which is not supposed to happen, at least in this case.
the hand also has lots of skin weight issues.
your rigs need to have more specific set of controllers that are easily understandable so that animators can easily pick up the rigged character and start animating.
ps. try to make a quicktime version, most people wont even download anything other than a quicktime reel.

Nanooo
02-28-2006, 08:33 PM
I have divx, but the file not work, that needs some codec ?

pixelpickle
02-28-2006, 08:59 PM
G'day csc2h, I liked you eye setup and the shoulder blades aren't too shabby :)

Things to work on are the pinching at the corners of the mouth, and the hand...mate...it's a nice idea for a hand rig but, you displayed stuff there that made me cringe. I can't do that stuff with my own hand, even when I force it with my other hand. Limitations are good at times, and this is one of those times :)
And as fx81 mentioned, you need to tweak you weighting a little.

You have some nice stuff there. You just need to hone in on a few of those areas and tidy them up.

I understand you want to show how far your rig can go. But just remember that people know their body limits very well, and when you go well past those limits it instantly triggers unbelievable which i'm sure you don't want to display here.

Good luck :D

csc2h
02-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the critiques... I really made this reel to try and get in internship somewhere so its not like my final school reel, but I think I might touch it up a little just so it gets pushed that extra mile...I welcome all comments...

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.