PDA

View Full Version : Rendered Frame Window script access?

JHaywood
02-28-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm attempting to create a Maya-like render viewer where you can step back and forth through all of your renders. I just got tired of using the clone button all the time and having my screen filled up with a bunch of tests. I've got the basic functionality working, but I'd like to make it a bit more user friendly. So, to that end, I have a few questions.

1) Is there any kind of scripting access to the Rendered Frame Window (or VFB, as it used to be called)? At the most basic level, I'd just like to close it. But if it were possible to do things like add buttons and resize it, that would be even better.

2) How can I display the alpha channel of a bitmap? I'm using the rollout element "bitmap" to display the render for now (unless I can get control over the VFB), but I can't seem to get the alpha information of a render as a new bitmap image. Here's what I'm doing so far:

bMap = bitmap renderWidth renderHeight
render to:bMap
bMap.hasAlpha (returns true)
bMap.channels (returns #() )

So how can I get to the alpha channel that it says it has?

3) Is there any way to track the progress of a render besides using the "progressBar" option in the "render" command? Using "progressBar:true" doesn't really work that well, the whole screen goes blank, and the bar itself doesn't update acurately. It just fills up repeatedly really fast a number of times and then stays blank until the render is does. So you really have no idea how far along the render really is. I can use "vfb:true", but then I'm left with an extra window on the screen with no way to close it automatically. And the whole point of this is to reduce clutter.

Any help would be appreciated. And I'll post the final script once I'm happy with it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 06:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.