PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Kevin Braun

humanforum
02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Here's my 1st concept...what do you think?

Scrappy the snapping turtle emerging from his egg in the foreground facing the viewer with a perplexed look on his face as is to say, "hmm...that's not what I was expecting at all.." He should look as if he is sniffing the air also, because I remember reading somewhere that turtles use their noses to find water.

There are other turtles in various states of emerging from their eggs. Still others are seen in the background heading away from the viewer towards the beautiful body of water (lake / ocean TBD) behind Scrappy.

A couple themes to explore here. One that I think of is a purely beautiful scene that hints at all the wonderful possibilities this new life has to offer. Another one addresses the D-day aspect of being a baby turtle born in the sand mostly defenseless and needing to run the gauntlet of predators and pitfalls to finally find the relative safety of the water. Maybe I can find a way to combine them....

Best of luck with your entries,

Kevin

adel3d
02-28-2006, 06:15 PM
welome to the challenge
wish you success !:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 06:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.