PDA

View Full Version : Squad Leader WIP, Help needed

smackbringer
02-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm working on this picture. I kind of had a "Grand Space Opera" idea in mind as I really liked the pictures from that contest. This one is a bit more light hearted.

The idea is that the ultra peppy female squad leader of a powersuit division generally annoys those around her.

I could use some advice regarding color. I haven' drawn the background yet but have blocked in the basic colors. Are they working here? How's my lighting, any advice. Also what about layout. Is my layout working with the story and do I need more in the picture to support my story in the way of details. I thought of maybe adding another powersuit squad member, preferrably an overweight one that was having trouble keeping up.

The grey line is just the horizon BTW. I'm thinking of a view high above earth with mostly clouds below.

I appreciate the advice!

smackbringer
03-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Are there any comments at all? I'd like to get a little response or feedback before i finish the peice. Any help is really appreciated.

SylvanMist
03-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Well I don't think there's much to say yet..keep going with it, put in the space background with stars, add more texture (like dirt & scratches) to the metal, add some reflections.

smackbringer
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
oh jeez, i'm stupid. I forgot to mention that its not in space, its on earth, hence the bird and lack of helmet. They're pretty high up but its a terrestrial conflict that they are involved in. Imagine earth and clouds below and blue sky above.

Maybe I will add some texture to the ships. I'll work on that. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.