PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Gunilla Elam

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gunilla
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Gunilla Elam is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9806)

Latest Update: Final Image: Night of mighty mites
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1148306829_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3568335#post3568335)

Zapan
02-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Thank God !!

you scared me for a while !!! Now you're here , I can breath again !!

Let's the party begin people !!

Have a lots of fun and best of luck Gunie !!

chears ,

-Steph

ilusiondigital
02-28-2006, 04:56 PM
My dear Gun, another challenge to enjoy, hope to see tons of good material and ideas, i wish you all the luck, honey.

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D finally . good luck with the challenge gunnie :D

Lemog
02-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Congratulations Gunie... when the mites meet the myth ? that will be certainly an another great adventure, another great journey with you... :)

...all my best wishes are with you...

...go for fun :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
02-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Steph - did I scare you? good - since this probably mean I will be snailing in my Anatomy tread :deal: :D

Victor - hi there! Good luck to you too :thumbsup:

Aggie - eeiii - you too :scream:

Lolo - Ahh - you know me by now... I can't resist a temptation for long ;)
So - will you join us? Pretty please?

OK - this is really one of those "I shouldn't but couldn't resist moments" ... I don't know how much time I will have but I will do my best to come up with something worthwhile.

monsitj
02-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi gunilla! glad to see you again! have fun! and good luck!:bounce::love:

Rebeccak
02-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Go go Gunie!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

makaron
02-28-2006, 06:18 PM
http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/bbbb.jpg så ska de se ut Gunilla...

you go and dazzle us agian... :bounce:

eddieellis
02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
best of luck mate... dont think i'll be in this one, but will keep an eye on your progress and help if i can :thumbsup:

Squibbit
02-28-2006, 06:26 PM
hey Gunilla welcome and have fun girl !!

AIR
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi Gunilla man.Welcome and have a nice trip.

alancamara
02-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Glad see you here, I wish good luck.

Alan

mr_carl
02-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Hej Gunilla :D
Lycka till, hoppas du har tillräckligt med tid.

Carl.

Vedic-kings
02-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Good luck man!

shakes
02-28-2006, 07:32 PM
can't wait to see what you do Gunilla! good luck!

Climax
02-28-2006, 07:48 PM
:thumbsup: Already subscribed! This will be amazing! good luck my friend!

Gunilla
02-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Monsit - hi, this will be fun - looking forward to see your stunning work :thumbsup:

Beckie - Sure will go! :thumbsup:

Mona - yup - will try my best :scream:

Eddie - ahhw, come on, come play with us, it will be fun :bounce:

Squibbit - thanks, you have fun too! :thumbsup:

AIR - thanks, you have a nice journey too!

Alan - thank you ... Are you in? I haven't seen your thread. This will be fun, you can't miss it :)

Carl - Hej! Lycka till du också - nåt litet hoppas jag hinna med i alla fall :)

Vedic kings - thanks and you too!

shakes - Hey John, where's your thread? Cause you will enter, wont you?

Oh my, I love the enthusiasm in a new challenge start - and this theme is calling for some really interesting entries I'm sure.
Hope to have a first concept up tomorrow... it will probably involve mites and a hairy leg ;)

Have a good start all!

Edit: Omar - you posted while I was typing, glad to see you here mate, lets have a good time!

MVDB
02-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Bet it will be good! Have fun! ;)

soapy
02-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey Gunilla good to see you on the challenge grind again! Wha hoo. Bring it on!

sergioKomic
02-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Good luck Gunnie!

Elsie
02-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Best of luck to you Gunnie! :thumbsup: Ha det så bra (or something)!

Zapan
02-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey !! wait a minute ! I think I missed that sentence : Hope to have a first concept up tomorrow... it will probably involve mites and a hairy leg

What the hell ? :surprised :scream:
Eagerly wating to see what it means !! *stares at Gunie withe wide korean eyes*

cheers ,

-Steph

hhssuu
02-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi man, we meet again :) good luck and enjoy:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
02-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi girl......We meet again ;) .... I will look in best I can.....best of luck,and may the poly gods be kind to you......:arteest:

AIR
02-28-2006, 11:17 PM
OMGD..
I just find out that you are actually a nicer sex.
Sorry,I mixed you with someone,And dont say that......
the whole pass challenges I thought you are a guy,,,Lame me,,,what an idiot,,,,soRRy- :argh: :banghead:

But now I KN :lightbulb W

arturro
02-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi there my friend! Great to see you here again!
good luck and have a nice journey :thumbsup:

beelow
02-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Wassup gunilla, Impress us with ur work Again! hehe!:D

mmoir
03-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey Gunilla,

I hope you have the time to come up with another interesting and wonderful image.

ihamid
03-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Hiya Gunilla... once again another cool challenge my friend! the beginning of fun days to come! cheers and welcome! :)

daWinky
03-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Hey Gunilla,

You couldn't resist long:D ...now I have to rethink all my reasonable arguments of not entering myself...I hope you have enough time to develop your vision of this journey, I'm following eagerly!
Have fun and good luck!:)
-sabrina

Lemog
03-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Morning Gunie... already 3 pages... haha... the challenge machine works well again... Have a nice day girl... maybe today the story... and why not... a sketch ? :love:

Agamemnwn
03-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Godmorgon Gunnie,

The spam people are here to poke u :D have a good day and maybe a sketch :D

JurajMolcak
03-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Yeah, don´t chat too much! GIVE US SOME SKETCHES! :scream:

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Ahh! Goodmorning all - this is such a great way to start the day :)

Michaelmotion - thanks, and you too!

Sergio - yep - we will all have fun with this!

Elsie - thanks and hey - good swedish! bra jobbat! :)

Steph - What can I say, some go with elves and other with mites ... remember, there is much beauty in the small world. (did I sound epic and mysterious?) :D

Chi-Han - good to see you on board again! :thumbsup:

Michael - hi!! How good to see you here! Are you joining us for this one? :)

A I R- Hahaha, don't worry - it's a classic! Everyone thinks I'm a man at first, must be my hairy legs :D

Arturro - hey, glad you're in - good luck!

beelow - yeah man, I'll do my best!

Mike - hi - yes, hope to have much time for this, glad to see you here!

Hamid - Hi! And sure - lets' start playing now!

Sabrina - haha, I know... I'm a weak nature, couldn't stop myself. This is like a big candy bowl to me... come on, you know you want to :bounce:

Lolo - morning... and yes, maybe I could do a sketch today. Have much spam that needs to be done first :scream: And of course visit the start for the swedish pavillion!

Aggie - hi and thanks for poking... have a good day too :thumbsup:

I'll see what the day will bring - bad weather outside, good predictions for the computer area.

Lemog
03-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Lolo - morning... and yes, maybe I could do a sketch today. Have much spam that needs to be done first :scream: And of course visit the start for the swedish pavillion!

hahahahaha :thumbsup: I've forgotten to post it :scream: ...

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, don´t chat too much! GIVE US SOME SKETCHES! :scream:

Haha, I was chatting so much I didn't see your post! :scream:
OK - I see what I can do.

Lolo - What?! You forget the swedish pavillion? :twisted: :D

Lemog
03-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Lolo - What?! You forget the swedish pavillion? :twisted: :D
Sorry dear, it's the last time... promised :wise: I'm waiting the whip now :scream: (and don't forget the black rubbersuit, plizzzzzzzzz :scream: hahahahaha :drool: )

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Sorry dear, it's the last time... promised :wise: I'm waiting the whip now :scream: (and don't forget the black rubbersuit, plizzzzzzzzz :scream: hahahahaha :drool: )

Haha! In your dreams, baby! :D

dannyfalch
03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Hej Gunilla

Good luck to you!

Elendil_le_Grand
03-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Good luck for his challenge and i hope that tour idea will be as the last, poetry and original ;)

Zapan
03-01-2006, 10:18 AM
What can I say, some go with elves and other with mites ... remember, there is much beauty in the small world.

Mon Derriere Rouler !!
Right answer , you're the best ! O mighty Queen !

cheers ,

-Steph

makaron
03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
the mite: mites are cute :)
a mite: mmm... we are cute as few, at least on an image...
the mite: I know. humans don´t appricate our nice looks tho...
a mite: nope... but luckely for us, Gunilla is gonna document us :p
the mite: hurray... :arteest: sounds like a journey we never gonna forget...

Lemog
03-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Haha! In your dreams, baby! :D
It's my turn to have some unrealized dreams :scream: hahahaha...

I'll focus me on the mites now... better... less hot... but more scrapping :bounce:

flaeticia
03-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Good luck Gunilla ;)

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Danny - thanks and to you too!

Nicolas - thank you! I will have lot of fun with this I think :)

Steph - haha, I love it when your derriere rouler :thumbsup: :scream:

Mona - NOOoooo! The acting mites, already!! I can't keep it up :banghead:

Laurent - less hot? Wait and see ;) I might do some crab louse instead :D

flaeticia - thank you! And you too!

next: Concept story

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141217754_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141217754_large.jpg)

Some references for my heroes, the mites

and the story:

When the night comes and the darkness settles a small group of adventurers gathers to start their long and dangerous journey. With great risk for their lives they need to climb the highest mountain to harvest what they need to survive - scrapes from human skin.

Who will make it and who will die a fearsome death? Who will bring back the harvest to rescue the lives of the starving clan?

Might change concept later but this was the first that came to my mind. You like it?

theuni
03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi pal,

good to see you back in one of these challanges :) I like your story... looks as it`s gonna be a nice camera angle...

gpepper
03-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Woo woo woo !
Excellent concept !
I reminds me an advertisement for shampoo or something like that...
I was joking!

Have fun Gunnie ! I will follow that with great interest ! :applause:

Zapan
03-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Holy lord !! Sometimes I swear , you're scaring me !!! And definitely that makes you so special !!

When you talked about mites I did thought you were joking ... and now not at all ! :scream:

And obviously I love that idea , I vote for the most original concept around !!!

Run for it sweetie , it rocks !

cheers ,

-Steph

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141220239_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141220239_large.jpg)

OK - here's the first (very) rough sketch.
This shows the general scenery I will go for. The heroes are very sketchy since I've not quite decided what style they will have yet, cartoony or more realistic? Something to think about for a while..

EDIT: hmmm ... to clearify - the sketch shows the contour of a sleeping body and some small mites about to climb it.

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Stephan - hi! thanks - and I hope to find some good twist for this. :)

Gilles - Haha, thanks - glad you like it :thumbsup:

Steph - I scare you? Again? How's that? :surprised
And by now, you should now my weakness - I love the microlevel drama :)
And I count on your support for making these heroes the most emotionally captivating around! How's that for a challenge? :D

So next - I will have to pounder on the mites for a while... I've no diea on what style to go for ... much can change here. Thanks all for your interest!

makaron
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
me love that story :)

Zapan
03-01-2006, 01:49 PM
And I count on your support for making these heroes the most emotionally captivating around! How's that for a challenge?

Apple breasts !! :cool:

cheers ,

-Steph

Lemog
03-01-2006, 01:49 PM
All agree me for the moment... story, but that, you already know... the little beast... very enticing...
...and the sketch... that seem interesting base of compo... even if I don't understand the picture in the first time... but after... that was better for me... well... nice beginning... in the good habitual challenge rules... :wip:

Elendil_le_Grand
03-01-2006, 01:54 PM
It seems good for the moment and i'm waiting for the next ;)

Cgkoko
03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Really funny idea. I think you should consider using the body and bed more like a landscape, rather than defining it. I'll make a concept later if i have the time. Good luck!

MVDB
03-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks promissing.. creepy, but promissing.
A Journey for some dilicious skin, how 'bout that! :)

CryingHorn
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141217754_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141217754_large.jpg)

From most of your art it seems like you love sss and falloff :D
Welcome Gunilla, have fun on this one and good luck :scream:

soapy
03-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I like it, very kool concept. It has tons of upside!

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141236249_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141236249_large.jpg)

Blocking out a rough - and started to test to do a mite... for some reason I always rush this first steps and then regret it later. Ah, well.

makaron
03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
a mite... :eek: but the little thing has a nice shape...

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Mona - thank you! Glad that you do :)

Steph - haha, interesting idea :thumbsup:

Lolo - I already begin to realise how difficult this will be... sorry, about the sketch - I hurried so maybe it was unclear - Do the blocking makes more sense?

Nicolas - thank you, good sir ;)

Konstandinos - thank you, and that is the plan even if it doesn't come through yet. Great comment! :)

Michael - haha, and think about that it happens every night - on your skin :twisted:

Andrius - Hmm, yes that's true, I'm a deep lover of the microworld... could it be because I'm so tall? :D

soapy - thanks! I just hope I can do it justice (in deep water here I think)

Mona - not that creepy, huh? I hope to make them more like ... noble and heroic, if that's possible.

So, now that the first dreaded steps have been made I will do some try outs to see where I will go with this. As usual I haven't planned what style to go with yet, this time I will try to find a good workflow for me with ZB and Max ... and also the usual modeling practise. That's the goal of today anyways.

shakes
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Go Gunilla! what a great idea! are you going to do it in that microscopic look, like you showed in reference? would look great I think, and you would pull it off very well, I think.

Zapan
03-01-2006, 06:32 PM
OMG you've already launched ZB ... ? :surprised
Modelophobia who ? :D

Yay Speedy Gunie , w00t :bounce:

cheers ,

-Steph

glenn23
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
That's a mitey fine concept!

medunecer
03-01-2006, 08:22 PM
hey Gunilla! Nice to sse you here again! I'm going "micro" too! Good luck my friend!

alancamara
03-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Uhhhh!!! You've already started with ZB? I'm waiting to see more... :bounce: Nice concept too. Keep it up.

Alan

Gunilla
03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
John - well, that's the question right now... by doing the blocking I realised I will run into some serious scale issues if I go with the more realistic microlook. I love doing that kind of style though - perhaps I can rework the scene to make it work. The other option would be to make a more fun, cartoony scene. That could be fun since I hate to repeat myself to much... ahh, decisions, decisions :shrug:

Steph - yay, speedy me :) The truth is I launched ZB yesterday while thinking about wether to enter or not... just couldn't stop myself. :D

Glenn - :D I hope it mite turn out well, thanks!

medunecer - cool , I have to check your thread right away!

Alan - now, where is your thread?? You should enter you know, it will be fun!

OK - as usual I've jumped in head first without having a clear picture of where to go - that only makes it more fun I suppose. Will try some different routes in the days to come. Three months is a looong time. good luck, all :)

Lemog
03-01-2006, 10:01 PM
The concept seem always very clear and talker...

...and already a kind of mite, you are running miss. Maybe that will be very important with this block to prepare a very good compositon... more precise... really near of the final framing... especially if they're only few part of the body will be visible. The spectator must understand quickly the situation and the story.

Claireabella
03-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Hello my friend. Good luck with the challenge and enjoy the party! Hopefully I will get to complete this challenge............ :thumbsup:

daWinky
03-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Morning Gunilla!

I see you jump in with both feet, great! And a very unique concept of course:thumbsup: ...would be surprised to see anything else!
I understood your rough sketch at the second look, I only have problems with the proportions:shrug: ...wouldn't it be easier to show just a little body part? I'm not sure what I see in the blocking out (besides the mite, that's clear to recognize:D )...but I'm eagerly waiting for the explanation...

Have a great day!

-sabrina

Gunilla
03-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Lolo - thanks, and yes - the comp has to be revised... clearly at this point I have a problem with the scales if I want to combine microlevel and real world in the same frame. I will continue to try it. :thumbsup:

Claire - hi, good to see you in :thumbsup:

Sabrina - the blocking is actually two versions or angles of the same scene as in the rough - and this makes me even more convinced I can hardly make it work like this :scream:
As Lolo says it has to be clear at first sight. So - I'll try it with a real closeup where the location comes out a bit more vague or else a full body in bed with at magnifier area to get the two different levels. That could make it for some really cool texturing work and give a more "scientific" approach.
Now, dudette - where is your thread again? :twisted:

Lemog
03-02-2006, 07:56 AM
where is your thread again? :twisted:
Same question Sabie... where is your thread ? :drool:

daWinky
03-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Ah yes, I see...perhaps you can actually bring in an old style magnifying glass....

Now, dudette - where is your thread again? :twisted:

Still not sure if I can enter at all...but I actually have some support...when my husband heard that the challenge started, he immediately went out and bought a ton of frozen instant food:D (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)...so I will see if I can make up my mind at the weekend:wavey:

-sabrina

just seen your question,Laurent...the answer is above, I still don't know if I have the time to enter...:blush:

Agamemnwn
03-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Godmorgon Gunnie :D ,

already started modelling ? Z-sphere me baby :D the blocking is looking good and the s-spheres for the mite are nice . are u going to edge loop areas on the adaptive poly from the spheres or do u have enough geometry to start sculpting?

Elendil_le_Grand
03-02-2006, 08:28 AM
The concept seems always good ;)
I want to see more ...

dannyfalch
03-02-2006, 09:32 AM
nice concept.

hmmm,. now i'm off til clean the house, take bath, clean house, take bath, clean house.....:scream:
evil little critters.

Zapan
03-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Morning Gunie ! Crap almost noon !

Just droppin' by for some scratch cheerings ! How the friendly micro bugs are going ?

Have great day !

cheers ,

-IYD,B .... scratch, scratch

sergioKomic
03-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Z-brush eeh?

A-ha! Nice concept, I tottaly (otally) agree with cgkoko about using the body as a landscape...

claudiojordao
03-02-2006, 10:41 AM
My dearest Gunilla, I'm so happy you're on this one too. Great start.

gpepper
03-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Nice ZB Bug !

Gunilla
03-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Same question Sabie... where is your thread ? :drool:

Good, let's join our forces - We want Sabie in!!! :D

Sabrina - Amazing, where do you find a husband like that!? If you decide to enter he will probably give you backrubs and fresh drinks while you work... no reason to hesitate, I'd say :D

are u going to edge loop areas on the adaptive poly from the spheres

Hmm, take that in swedish and I might follow you... still very fresh with ZB and newly recovered from modelophobia :blush: - in other words - I don't know!

Nico - thanks, me too :) Not sure what and when the next step will be - be patient...

Danny - haha, I've always hoped that my art could help in making the world a bit cleaner :rolleyes:

Steph - Hmmm - it seems like people are beginning to feel a sudden itch when coming here. Hope it doesn't turn into a rash to rush out :D

Sergio - ZB is the plan this time, yes. We'll see what I can make of the landscape. Glad you like the concept :)

Claudio - Hey! Did you really think I could stay away? Well, I tried ... for a whole day. I'm glad you're in too :)

Gilles - thanks! I hope it will be cool once done!

OK - some annoying work from my soon not-to-be employer have arrived. I don't know how this will go. But I will continue as planned, or should I say unplanned? :D

Gunilla
03-02-2006, 06:27 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141324067_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141324067_large.jpg)

Tryibg with a new angle here - will maybe work if I make it even more extreme.
Maybe this is the mood I'm looking for.

More test will follow for sure.

Zapan
03-02-2006, 07:21 PM
So that's the furry leg ... isn't ? :scream:

Looking good Gunie , the perspective works fine with the action ! :)
But aren't the heroes a bit big ? maybe I'm wrong , but they look like big spiders now ... scary !

cheers ,

-Steph

Gunilla
03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Steph - ahh, yes - it's the leg.
And sure they are now waay to big - still have a lot of scale trouble ... I don't think it will be easy to have a close up on them while seeing what it is they're going to climb. Maybe I just make a slope with some hairs :shrug:
I will have to lower the camera and see if that works... hmm.. wonder how to do that in PS? :D
Thanks for the evening chears!

JurajMolcak
03-02-2006, 08:51 PM
So, here we go. Concept is already on! Heh, I was expecting something biologycal from you... and this is pretty close :thumbsup:
So, clear your macro-lenses and keep up good work!

Rebeccak
03-03-2006, 05:45 AM
Morning Gunie, :)

Looking forward to an update from you! :)

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Lemog
03-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Good morning Gunie... yes... this framing seem to work well... I like... with the ray light too :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
03-03-2006, 07:20 AM
godmorgon gunilla :D i like the new angle but maybe a more close up to the characters and a DOF to see the figure they are up to :D

Gunilla
03-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Morning all,

Oweron - ha yes, I try to find a concept fitting well in my portfolio :) And the mircolevel becomes me well.

BeckieBot - Another update? We're not all mini-me's around here :D - I'm the current snail, remember?

Laurent - thank you, and angle will change for sure - this is just a way to force me into getting used to the Wacom - I'm so lousy at painting with the computer!

Aggie - Yep, good advice - that's what I try to achieve!

Have a great day all :wavey:

daWinky
03-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Morning Gunilla!

Another nice sketch, I see the idea:) , but still curious how you plan to solve the problem with the scaling...
perhaps just take a smaller part of the body ...!?
Your idea with the slope of hair seems to be good, in a size that you can see the single hair with structure...:shrug:

ah, btw:
Good, let's join our forces - We want Sabie in!!! :D
I don't need more pressure:twisted: ...I'm already persuaded, just need more time:scream: ...

-sabrina

Zapan
03-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Hej du !

Really tricky problem , agree with Sabie here , maybe a smaller part , more recognizable could situate the spectator on the body ... like the foot , or even a toe ... with the nail and some fur ... I don't know... :shrug: ...

Hope I will be able to come over with new ideas ...

cheers ,

-Steph

Lemog
03-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes Cadet... disgusting toes is certainly the "idea" of the week :thumbsup: :scream: hahahaha... so great... and I can send some refs :twisted: huhuhu moahahaha...

Poonks
03-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I just find your post... i really like your "medical" work and i find this concept really interesting i hope to see an other great pictures from you..

I'm so "impatient" (i don't know if it's the right translation... my poor english..:D ) to see the bugs..

Good luck..

Zapan
03-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes Cadet... disgusting toes is certainly the "idea" of the week :thumbsup: :scream: hahahaha... so great... and I can send some refs :twisted: huhuhu moahahaha...

Aaaaaahhhhhahahaha , maybe Gunie want a korean one ? :scream: ... except , I don't have fur ... :D

sonicstrawbery
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Gunilla ! Nice to see you here again, i always enjoy your strange and funny concepts, this one will be ton of fun i'm sure, i like the mite idea and looking forward for more about it, good luck to you ;)

wesa
03-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Great concept! I like the new view better. More spectacular...
Skall bli spännande att se hur det blir...även om du inte har tid :)
Lycka till!

Gunilla
03-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Sabrina - yes! Best news today - you're entering ( I knew you couldn't resist) :thumbsup:
And yes about the scale thing - I will probably have to go for just a small slope of hairy skin... can't see how I can fit the body in :cry:

Steph - yes tricky... a foot? A yes, now I remember - you're a foot fetischist :scream:
But yes, it still a problem to solve.

Lolo - idea of the week? :surprised:shrug: I must have missed something...

Cedric - thanks for the nice words - and I hope to find the right direction for them soon :)

Steph, Lolo - Hey boys, you can chop off all the toes you like and send to me - I'm used to gory references :D

Cipher - thanks mate, good luck to you too :thumbsup:

Jonason - tack ska du ha och nåt ska det nog kunna bli :)

Just got back from a client meeting - it didn't go as expected so I'm a bit down... but it means I will have more mite-time.

"There's no time like mite-time"TM

Off we go!

Lemog
03-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Steph, Lolo - Hey boys, you can chop off all the toes you like and send to me - I'm used to gory references

Your wishes are command honey...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/lemog/toes480.jpg

Just got back from a client meeting - it didn't go as expected so I'm a bit down... but it means I will have more mite-time.
:shrug: just take a look another time to the picture at the top... usefull to feel better :)

Gunilla
03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Bouahhahaha - that is the best reference ever! thanks honey :thumbsup:
And so cool - you can almost make ponytails on your toes :D

makaron
03-03-2006, 02:02 PM
the mite: jummie!!! :bounce:
2nd mite: hurray... lookie.. dinner is served...:twisted:
the mite: yeah.. lovely feets and toes for dinner to night... :scream:

flaeticia
03-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Your wishes are command honey...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/lemog/toes480.jpg

:shrug: just take a look another time to the picture at the top... usefull to feel better :)

nooooooooooooo

im dreaming (ist a nightmarre :p) ?

thats yours ? :p

LOL (t un grand malade :p quand le chat est pas la les souris dansent :p je te laisse trouver le chat :p c'est pas forcément celui ā qui tu penses LOL :D)

Gunilla
03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141401438_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141401438_large.jpg)

OK - I've not given up on this yet - with a more extrem angle I think it might work - lots of DoF in the end of course. And another framing I think, more like the previous.
What do you think?

Next will be the mites!

Gunilla
03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Mona - mite be a bit hard to swallow for a mite though :surprised

Flaeticia - Hi :)

... and thanks again Laurent for being the ref for this one :D

Rebeccak
03-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gunie: And so cool - you can almost make ponytails on your toes :D
That toe picture must be destroyed! Gah!!! My eyes!!! :scream:

Cgkoko
03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
oh yeah! That's what i was talking about! Maybe put a hand somewhere far away. Great shot!:thumbsup:

makaron
03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
mite be hard Gunilla, true... but the new angel works fur me... that mite be the way to go :)

soapy
03-03-2006, 07:09 PM
The foreshortening in the latest sketch works great, much better than before. Now the scene makes sense in terms of scale. :-)

I seem to be getting itchy for some reason?

Zapan
03-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Aaaahhh yeees !! that 's camera angle works perfectly ! :thumbsup: ...
And now , those babies are looking so happy in the right scale ! yay !

Oh and sorry to hear about the client thing :sad: *hugs* ...

Chears , :D

-Scar~Go ^^

shakes
03-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I was thinking, Gunilla, what about more mites than two? like, lots of them!!

KangarooMan
03-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree with the other opions here, the new angle works really well! :thumbsup: Great concept, makes me itch. :p

Matt :)

Gunilla
03-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Beckie - ahaha - I have a feeling this will become one of those threads again :banghead: :D

Cgkoko - thanks! Somtimes it takes some tweaking to make it work - I hope this will. :thumbsup:

Mona - yep, think so, thanks!

Jim - Agreed - it must have been the hairs helping a lot. And I promise to try and make you all very itchy here :D

Steph - oh no, no babies this time :eek:. Thank you! ... and thanks for the hug, much needed :)

John - Still dwelling on that... it might be good with some brave harvesters at the front with a big crowd of starving mites waiting beside. It all has to do with how the mites will become (they haven't told me yet) :) Good to see you in :thumbsup:

Matt - thank you - and itch is the plan :)

OK - I have some tasks on my schedule now. First, since this will be my first attemot to combine ZB and MAX - I need to figure out how to do that. So, while testing out a practicle workflow I will try to envision my little heroes. Mite be a while before the next update.

jddog
03-04-2006, 12:15 PM
haha another great idea Gunilla ! Good luck for the challenge !
Julien

Gunilla
03-04-2006, 03:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141485250_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141485250_large.jpg)

Just a small update, replaced the blocked legs with the first draft for legs - much remains to be done

Zapan
03-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Hej du !

Someone isn't snailing ! Taking shape really nicely , no problems to see what is going on ... :)

Btw I hope it's a man leg :scream: ...

chears ,

-Steph

Gunilla
03-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Julien - Hi, good to see you -where's your thread? Will you join us this time?

Steph - thanks, beginning to figure this ZB-Max thing out I think :)

Btw I hope it's a man leg :scream: ...

Hehe, I got inspired from the previous ref shot from M. Orteils Bouclés :D
... hope I got that right!

shakes
03-04-2006, 08:31 PM
This should be quite funny I think!

wesa
03-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Nice hairy legs there! This is going to be lot's of fun!

MVDB
03-04-2006, 11:12 PM
A man! you got to be kidding me! 'r' we looking at his crack?
Please change the angle a bit? :D Mhuhahaha!

Zapan
03-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Morning Gunie !

What's is new today ? Good to hear you're finding your way with the whole Zb/Max thing ...
Maybe I will have the pleasure to see something today :)

M. Orteils Bouclés

Aaahhahahahah :scream: ... at least it can't be me ... Poor Lolo :D

Have a nice day !

chears , :)

-Steph

Agamemnwn
03-05-2006, 08:54 AM
A man! you got to be kidding me! 'r' we looking at his crack?
Please change the angle a bit? :D Mhuhahaha!

ahahahahahah good one michael :D

Godmorgon gunnie :D nice update great to see you not snailing like me :D

soapy
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Yikes! Now you've done it, before long there will be mite cams and lawsuits popping up all over the internet...

Rebeccak
03-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Morning, sister gut :D ~ looking forward to seeing your updates...Steph claims he is no longer 'snailing' but I am not so sure...:wise:...of course, I think I am still in the doghouse over the birthday card episode...I will be lying low for a while...:scream:

PS I now have a copy of ZBrush...just gotta figure out what to do with it :D

Gunilla
03-05-2006, 04:30 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141576241_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141576241_large.jpg)

First try for finding the shapes for some mites... let me know what you think - I*m not terribly happy with them.
Basic modeling so far - no displace details.

Gunilla
03-05-2006, 04:55 PM
John - I hope so - at least I'm having fun so far ;)

Jonason - Hehe, hope so - the hairs will probably be different later I just HAD to try it :D

Michael - haha, nope - don't think so! This thread will be only for the brave hearted :)

Steph - see, something is here! I had a long day with first rough modeling in ZB than inte MAX to remove all overlapping polys :banghead: And now back in ZB for detailing. There has to be a better way I think....

Aggie - not snailing very much for the time being but I'm sure I will later :)

Jim - aha, mite cams, now that's a good business idea :D

Sister Beckie - Yayy!! You got ZB! ... what to do with it? Do you have to ask? Guts, of course :thumbsup:

So - this was the first starts for some moites, going for some kind of semi-realistic modeling for them. Maybe they should be funnier, we'll see.
Have a good night everyone ... and if you feel something itch... :twisted:

polygonwarrior
03-05-2006, 05:00 PM
HI GUNILLA .so here we are again in our next challenge.Ur concept looks good.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-05-2006, 05:43 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141576241_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141576241_large.jpg)

First try for finding the shapes for some mites... let me know what you think - I*m not terribly happy with them.
Basic modeling so far - no displace details.

The left one has interesting shape..yup that i like...the other...skip it.. :)

I don't know if it it helps but while u are in search for creatures shapes better hold low the Division of model in ZB...so can faster switch through DRAW and MOVE and at the same time u will keep the focus in the general shape. Also as Meats Meier says in a video tut in ZB/Maya collab....it's better the most specific "brakes" - "edits" in model be done in your 3D app...for example it's better to model a limp of a leg in 3d app than in ZB 'cuase u get the polycount too high.

I hope i helped. Now chop chop...modeling... :bounce:

makaron
03-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I like the left one too... with his little head :p he looks as streetsmart you can expext from a mite... :rolleyes:

shakes
03-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I think they look great so far- ditto the left one. and remember, you still have your lovely texturing to come, which will make it!

se7enthcin
03-05-2006, 07:01 PM
DimitrisLiatsos is right. It's always good to do limbs such as you have there in other programs than ZBrush. However, when I'm working with ZSpheres, you can control some of the divisions by working at the lowest level better. I still recomend doing bug limbs and things like that in another modeling program.

Great work so far. The bug on the left is looking nice. :)

JurajMolcak
03-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Ah, so you go for ZB this time as well! Looking good. Can´t help you with anything about ZB, but prefer to have as much as you can within your real 3D.

Eeeaagrhch... mites... this is going to be very :drool: entry. Haha. Keep it up!

shemosus
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
glad to see you again my friend ,i'll be watching you.good luck:thumbsup:

Zapan
03-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Oooh , they are so adorable ...
If I woudn't know what they are , I would easily ask to adopt one of those :scream:
Sounds really cool that you're going for semi-cartoonish buddies btw !

Oh and you are fast ... Speedy Gunie ... Yiiiiipppeeeee !

chears ,

-Steph ...

Ps : claims he is no longer 'snailing' but I am not so sure

I heard that ! :scream:

Rebeccak
03-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Gunilla
Ahhhh, I never thought bugs could be so cute! :scream:

Originally Posted by Gunie: Sister Beckie - Yayy!! You got ZB! ... what to do with it? Do you have to ask? Guts, of course :thumbsup:
LOL! :scream: :bounce:

Originally Posted by Steph: I heard that ! :scream:
Snails have ears? :scream: Oops, look who's talking...I'd better lie low...:D

BTW, you guys have to check out this amazing site, and be sure to turn the sound on and view the 'enhanced' experience:

http://www.ashesandsnow.org/ (http://www.ashesandsnow.org/)

http://codex.ashesandsnow.org/

Exhibition at the Nomadic Museum in Santa Monica Pier, CA

Jan 14 – May 14, 2006

Gregory Corbert

Chears, :)

~"Beckie"

Lemog
03-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Morning Gunie...

I understand your thought about this design... I have the same feeling... it's not easy, I know... but finally, your first box-bugs was better and more adapted...
maybe you can follow a way more like that...

M. Orteils Bouclés

DaddyMack
03-06-2006, 05:32 AM
Awesome Buglies Gunilla:eek: Congrats on a great start and :p for getting lured once again...

Good luck!

Rebeccak
03-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Just to let you know, Gunie Guts, :D I have finally stopped snailing...:wise:...*better work this brief moment for all it's worth...* :D

Gogo Gunie Guts!!! :bounce:

Cheers, :)

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
03-06-2006, 06:06 AM
CUBISIS - Hi and thanks! I'll do my best with this :)

Dimi - thank you - this helps indeed! I think it's really fun to model with ZSpheres but I've already noticed how much difficulties it gives with overlapping areas. I guess I have to continue the oldfashioned way for this.

Mona - haha streetsmart :) and also I think he looks a bit like a mole.

John - thanks, but I think I have to nail some kind of expression in the critters before texturing. Also, there will probably be different species of them - or at least that's the plan.

se7enthcin - thank you!I have a long way to go before knowing how to bring the best out of ZB - any and all suggestions are really appreciated :)

Oweron - it will certainly be a lot of twiggling before I find the right itch here - thanks :)

Ahmed - hi there - good to see you again!

Steph - glad you find them cute... my aim is to make them very sympathetic - so you cheer for them on their fearsome journey :D

Lolo - hmm, you don't like them either... then I definitely have to rework them. Thanks for the right push :)

Robert - ahh, so there you are! :bounce:

Beckiebot - ahaha, Gunie Guts - that's a cool name, I mite put it on my business card :D

Morning all - I'm glad to see the light go up for a new week of much fun and hopefully well-placed polys. Have a great one :thumbsup:

daWinky
03-06-2006, 06:20 AM
Morning Gunilla!

I've really missed some nice updates during the weekend! The new perspective is really good now:thumbsup: , that's a good base to work with and I can well imagine this with some dof later...

About the mite design...all will stand and fall with this, so take some time to make up your mind...what is a semi-realistic look? More cartoonish or more realistic...:curious: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)?
And what will they do there, just sitting, or is there some action, a little story to tell...:shrug:
I think it's not so easy, but I'm sure you'll come up with something to surprise us!

Have a nice day!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

makaron
03-06-2006, 06:22 AM
morning Gunilla... "the mighty mitekeeper" :bounce:

a Q... I mite tell you what´s bugs me... between the legs and the body... it´s no end of the body or start on the leg, you gonna do that later, or? they kind of have a look a bit like soft toyanimals.

Elendil_le_Grand
03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Good modeling :)

antone-m
03-06-2006, 10:32 AM
left one :bounce: left one :bounce: left one :bounce: left one :bounce: left one :bounce: left one :bounce: left one :bounce:

Poonks
03-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey nice modeling ^^

But i find it a little too cubic for the moment

I hope this bugs would not meet my bugs... mine are too weakling Muahahahahahaha :scream:

Gunilla
03-06-2006, 12:04 PM
About the mite design...all will stand and fall with this, so take some time to make up your mind...what is a semi-realistic look? More cartoonish or more realistic...:curious: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)?

Really good advice and my intentions are to not jump with this step - have to find a good starting shape, especially since I'm not used to ZB: Perhaps I will go all Max with them.

Mona - They are indeed one mesh now, and the plan is to define the shapes further... I will also try some other options directly in Max.

Nicolas - thank you :)

Tony - Why is it noone likes the right one? I'm beginning to feel sorry for him :D thank for your vote, noted :thumbsup:

Lavanche - thanks, and after the challenge we could perhap have a bug fight? :twisted: :D

OK - so today is one of those office days ... counting down now :)
Updates when new model have been made within Max ( a month? :banghead::banghead: )

Zapan
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Updates when new model have been made within Max ( a month? :banghead::banghead: )

Huh ? :curious: ... :scream:

ODoul
03-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Creepy critters.

wesa
03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
You're doing great! Agree with the guys...the left one is better! Great start on your modell!

Agamemnwn
03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
hi gunnie the left one looks really promising :D great job zbrushing :D

Gunilla
03-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Steph - You know it takes me an eternity to even start modeling in max... ehh, well maybe not a month then ;)

3D_Explorer - Thanks!... I think :D

Jonason - thanks and noted... so far noone like the poor right one :)

Aggie - thanks - only getting started - we have a long spring ahead of us :)

Thanks all for coming by and follow this hopefully soon very itchy experience :thumbsup:

antone-m
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Tony - Why is it noone likes the right one? I'm beginning to feel sorry for him :D thank for your vote, noted :thumbsup:

lol cuz he looks like a small dino lol :bounce: no really I didn`t choose him because he is very boxy if u know what I mean

soapy
03-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Those bugs are great. The poor guy on the right is getting no respect around here... but there are some good parts to him, I like the head and the pinchers. You can always pull some polys out on him of course.

mmoir
03-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey Gunilla,

Well, you have started another very interesting image:applause: . The last concept is really getting there , the sense of scale is pretty good. Maybe have some hairs in the extreme foreground at the edge of the image that are the full hieght of the image and blurred. Just a thought . This mite be a tough image to pull off:rolleyes: , you have probably heard that one before though.

Looking forward to the mites progress.

dannyfalch
03-07-2006, 02:18 PM
nice critters,.

Go with the left one, therapy for the the right one. (poor thing:) )

Gunilla
03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Tony - I see what you mean - a small dino, eh? :D

Jim - thanks for standing up for poor Dinos defense, so far you're the only one liking him :)

Mike - thanks! Yes - I see all kinds of problem with getting this to work - good I started without realising it :)

Danny - OK, that's it I think it's time for Dinos revenge :twisted:

I've a soft spot for loosers ... so I couldn't help but bringing the poor critter in for another round. Hope you can find it in your hearts to like him just a little bit? :cry: :D

Gunilla
03-07-2006, 04:41 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141749688_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1141749688_large.jpg)

Have to give the little poor thing another chance... still just playing with optione here.

Rebeccak
03-07-2006, 04:44 PM
:scream: Ahhhhhhhhhahahaha...*pauses for breath*...AAAAAAAahahahahahaha!!! That is awesome, Gunie! :bounce::scream:

Elendil_le_Grand
03-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Huhu ! very funny this dinomite ... :applause:

daWinky
03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
:eek:

lol, semi-realistic, eh? Ok...I like him :D !

-sabrina

dannyfalch
03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
He he,. The Dinomite!:thumbsup:

Nice return of the poor rightmite,.
now stronger and with a brand new texture as well..
cool,.
right one is back in the game!

Zapan
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
WHEEEEE HEEEEE :scream: !!!

My new pet , ahahaha , I WANT ONE OF THOSE :bounce:
This is too cute Gunie

chears ,

-Steph

Agamemnwn
03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Dinomite is looking great gunnie :D lovely update :D looking good in zbrush :D

makaron
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Dinomite: hey fellows... arn´t I´m the pretty one now?..
Twinmites: naaaa... you just proud for you got some color...
Dinomite: mmm, I´m so happy... and I see you two are green of envy... :p
Twinmites: look who is talking... :rolleyes:

BobbEr
03-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I like this creature! :thumbsup: This is strange, but intresting & unusual! :)

soapy
03-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Kid Dy-no-mite is still kickin! The texture looks great. Are you going to go for that electron microscope look or what they mite actually look like if one could see that small?
Some bones in the legs for posing would be a nice option.

Nakary
03-07-2006, 08:36 PM
HI Gunilla...

I like your concept, I still dont have too clear where are this creatures going... the model looks good already, I do rememeber your previous work too, great.. I can see you are going to be using transparency and SSS again, great, I still need to learn that more... still looking for the perfect skin shading in XSI.
Anyways, thanks for stepping by my entry too, and have a great journey, GOOD LUCK !!!

shakes
03-07-2006, 08:42 PM
what awesome bugs Gunilla...!! just love them. enjoying the progress very much. looove the dino look!!

Gunilla
03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey all - I'm so happy his little makeover did the trick.

Beckie - I guess this one is going in the funny direction now. I keep surprising myself :D

Nicolas - glad you like him :)

Sabrina - haha, OK maybe quarter-realistic then :D Glad you like him and it's good to see you around!

Danny - yep, that's what loosers do when getting teased :) This is only preliminary texturing though - he will have lots of make overs still.

Steph - You want one? Just take a close look in your bed tonight - he's already there, with his friends and family... :twisted:

Aggie - thanks, ZB is a lot of fun - hope I can bring him to live in Max.

Mona - haha, a Dinomite conversation... has to be the first :D

BobbEr - thanks! Glad you like them!

Soapy - Thank you! I plan to at least try doing some microtexture for them, if oit doesn't collide to much with the shape. Could be interesting if I could make it work. Plan is to bone and rig them... other species are on the way - let's not forget Mr. Right! This is so fun I want to do a whole Zoo of mites :D

Nakary - I'm not sure where this is going myself - that's part of the journey. Good luck to you too - I'll be back to check on you :)

John - ha, thank you good sir! I must say that I get so inspired of all the funny critters and crazy toys popping up around here :thumbsup:

This is terribly fun at the moment - thanks for cheering me on

Lemog
03-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Morning Gunie...

hahaha... what an update... dinomite... of course, that can work... especially with the adapted shader... can be perfect... I can't stop to laugh... not easy in the early morning, when eyes are not totally opened... you can't imagine the surprise :thumbsup: nice mite's day miss :)

antone-m
03-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Dinomite :scream:
hahahaha:bounce: lol :bounce:
u got what I mean very cool updates :twisted:

Gunilla
03-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Laurent - Good morning, dear. I'm glad to hear you like the fun/cute approach - I kind of enjoy it myself... going to see if I can make it work :)

Tony - Thanks, and I owe it all to you for finding the name :thumbsup:

Have a good day all, hopefully something will come up here later today.

ChrisD01
03-08-2006, 07:43 AM
hello, really original your idea, and your "Dinomite" are very(hum..) simpathic :thumbsup:

antone-m
03-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Tony - Thanks, and I owe it all to you for finding the name :thumbsup:

u are welcomed at anytime ;) my friend :beer:

shakes
03-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Steph - You want one? Just take a close look in your bed tonight - he's already there, with his friends and family... :twisted:
.....eek! love YOUR bugs, but only yours Gunilla!

Zapan
03-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Hej du !

want one? Just take a close look in your bed tonight - he's already there, with his friends and family...

I took a look yesterday ... and saw some but not Dino ones :sad: :scream: ... ewww but wow :D

Have a nice scratchy day !

cheers ,

-Steph ... scratch ... scratch

Gunilla
03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Chris - thanks, and if I can make them sympathique my goal is reached :D

Tony - :) thanks!

John - ahaha, thank you - let's wait and see what you think when there's a million of them (if I can't stop modeling..) :D
And I looove that new avatar - cruel and cute, just how I like it :thumbsup:

Steph - "ewww but wow" is what I'm aiming for! Have a nice scratchy day too :thumbsup:

So, currently testing some new plugs for ZB to see if I can solve my wished solution for mixing displacemapped ZBparts and Maxpolys. I want to make those critters stunning. Thanks for your interest :)

JurajMolcak
03-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Aaaaah... DINAMITE!!! :arteest: Oh, oh, what is it? Something green on my desk.
This is going to be more cute than I was expecting.

Poonks
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Lavanche - thanks, and after the challenge we could perhap have a bug fight? :twisted: :D

lol... ready to fight:bounce: :bounce:

nice update i like your bugs concept...
I think i will not sleep this night if they waiting for me in my bed :scream:

ODoul
03-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Wow, really freaky creatures. This is a lot of fun.

Rebeccak
03-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Morning, Gunie...:wavey:

I think with your Dinomite might explode with cuteness...better wear some protective gear (http://www.emergency.unsw.edu.au/hazmat.jpg). :deal: :D

~'Beckie'

Zapan
03-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Morning Gunie ! :wavey:

Any new friendly fellow on the making ?

Chears , :)

-Steph

Elsie
03-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Morning Gunnie :)

Sorry I've not been stopping in the 3d forums as much as I would have liked :scream: I'm a bad person hehe, and look what I've missed! Your creature had me laughing and going "Awwww!" at the same time ^^ great name too. Will be back here soon :D

d3coy
03-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey Gunilla, looking good! I like where all this is going, especially this recent twist :)

ThierryS
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Hello Gunilla, finally got some time to browse and say hi! HIlarious creatures you're doing there, it's great to see some work of you again :thumbsup: . All the best for this new adventure and happy Zbrushing!! I'll be using it too for most of my work, when I can sit and work that is...Great concept too! Love those creepy tiny bugs!
Have fun and see you soon!

Gunilla
03-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Juraj - haha, yeah it looks like it's going to be much cuter than I expected too - couldn't resist their charm ;)

Lavanche - thanks, and I'm almost certain they live at your house too ... feel the itch yet?

Raymond - thanks! And yes, this is a lot more fun than my usual stuff. I love trying new things :)

Beckiebot - ahaha - great outfit! But is it for me or the spectators? :)

Steph - I've been making a quite grumpy one - was happy with it in ZB - but I had forgot to check the geometry in max before detailing :banghead::banghead: I have to rework it and the next ones will for sure me modeled in Max and not with ZSpheres - to bad, since I feel more like playing when modeling in ZB. Grumpy one will maybe got her polys in place tomorrow.

Elsie - glad to see you here! Laughing and Aww at the same time is what I'm going for this time, so thanks! And now you reminded me that I need to go checking out the 2ds. Wouldn't it be great if we all where in the same place?

James - thanks for liking, I like yours too ;)

Thierry - I'm so happy you're in and that you're going with ZB too - I can sniff around your thread and pick up some gold I'm sure. Glad you like my bedmates :D

So - a bit of a drawback on the mite creation side... but they will be here, in shape pretty soon.

Zapan
03-09-2006, 08:07 PM
I've been making a quite grumpy one

as Wallace and Grump-mite ? :scream:

immortalx
03-09-2006, 11:14 PM
all the best.give us a journey we ll never forget

SuperXCM
03-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi Gunilla!!:wavey:

Happy to see you on this challenge!! A new one, a new challenge to learn and have fun!!
Sorry for coming so late on your thread, :blush:
Like a lot your concept, and also your Dinomyte!! :bounce:
Can be a good idea and i'm waiting to see what you'll do!!
Keep posting my friend!

:beer:

shakes
03-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey Gunilla..I'm getting eager for more bug action! :bounce:

Gunilla
03-10-2006, 07:59 AM
as Wallace and Grump-mite ?

Haha, I have to remember that, there has to be a Grommite - big eyes and stiff ears, thanks!

immortalx - thanks, I'll try my best :)

John - If you continue bugging me I'm sure there will be:D
Arrgh - bad joke, sorry.

Some annoying office work today but the afternoon is free. Next will be the Furmite

makaron
03-10-2006, 08:07 AM
a furmite :D yeah... hurray... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Zapan
03-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Haha, I have to remember that, there has to be a Grommite - big eyes and stiff ears, thanks!

Oh have got a plenty of new one : yum-mite , cala-mite Jane , Big-mite , Vo-mite , Mamma-mite , Gunie-mite ... :scream:

cheary-mite ,

-Scar~mite

Lemog
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Please... I want to reserved Vo-Mite for today... thanks :scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Me too...2 please..:bounce: ....keep going Lady ..we are watching.! :)

Gunilla
03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Mona - Special for you, buddy :)

Steph - all good! eh...perhaps not the Gunie-mite ;)

Laurent - A poor you... sharing bed with Vo-mite today :D

Dimi - thanks, I think I can keep going now :)

This one have given me real troubles - I had to take it out on someone ... so, there's nothing cute about this babe :twisted:

Gunilla
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1142009453_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1142009453_large.jpg)

No textures yet - just the model and the fur... hope you like her even if she's mean :)

soapy
03-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Wow, that model looks super. The hair gives it an extra creep factor, it totally works. I gotta go get my back scratcher...

makaron
03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
you itch this one nice Gunilla... this mite be my favorite among mites :bounce:

Rebeccak
03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
LMAO that's a funny one funny Gunie sister gut! :scream:

Now...all we need to see is a Lemog~mite...or a Lemmomite? :scream: (But then...it would need extra arms and legs...) :) Maybe some mini~lemmomites?

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Jim - haha, great! And I guess the cuteness factor just dropped here :D

Mona - You have a good heart... this critter really needs to be favoured :)

Beckie - A Lemog-mite? That would probably be the Vo-mite today, poor thing :)
Maybe a Her-mite?

I finally solved the issues with creating working Normal maps in ZB so now I can play along again. Only have to figure out why the displacements get so strange ... ah, the tech issues - what would life be without it?
Happy weekend all :thumbsup:

shakes
03-10-2006, 08:46 PM
wow...that's scary! looks fantastic with the hair. superduper!

GonzaloGolpe
03-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Ohh what a beautiful little....things:D Yes sir, high jump champions!Good luck my friend!I´ll watch to your progress:thumbsup:

regardsss!

▒Zalo▒

mmoir
03-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey Gunilla,

Well , my skin is already starting to itch, great job onthese little bugs.:thumbsup:

alex.h.
03-11-2006, 08:13 AM
ugly, lovly small devols you got there, det kliar aaaaaa, see you and keep up the great work
and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-11-2006, 08:33 AM
John - thanks! I was going for an elderly mans eyebrows for inspiration for that one. It will need a good texture to get some kind of "facial" expression though - not quite happy yet.

Zalo - hey and thanks! Hope to make them alive in the end - one way or another :D

Mike - good! The itch thing is the wanted result!

Alex - thanks. I hope to raise the itch factor even more ;)

varma
03-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi G;
Bugs with armpit_hair? Hmm.. I dunno! Start wondering what you may choose as "Epic"
backgroung for that type! :rolleyes:
Anyways, I wish you luck and I will follow this thread with joy!
:)

eddieellis
03-11-2006, 09:34 AM
hey mate, looking great so far..... there making me ich already

antone-m
03-11-2006, 04:54 PM
cool new bugs keep going:thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-12-2006, 06:23 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1142144621_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1142144621_large.jpg)

Another type of mite. Textures only temporary.

Gunilla
03-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Mathias - haha, thank you! And the scale of "Epic" will be matching the scale of the heroes :D

Eddie - Hairy enough for you? :D thanks - may the itch be with you!

Tony - thanks, more will follow :)

For this last mite I skipped the ZSpehers and modeled the base mesh in Max, using Shakes excellent start from a sphere method - really fun, thanks John!
This made it mush less troublesome than the previous ones - I mite stick with this workflow - at least for now :)
Next will probably be some playing around with shaders - and maybe some more mites.

shakes
03-12-2006, 06:49 AM
fantastic Gunilla..I can see how this will evolve.fantastic looking creatures. loving every bit..including the fact they're just on the puter screen!

makaron
03-12-2006, 06:57 AM
oh´mite :bounce: this flatmite is cute... love that body shape... and his forarms in a pose like... hey, I´m ready to eat, where is the food?

antone-m
03-12-2006, 08:16 AM
just an idea u can make the things infront of its head look like fangs maybe make it sharber and
white coloured :bounce:

madshooter
03-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey Gunilla how are you:) You got a nice unique concept, I really like it:thumbsup: Flat mite looks cool, I agree with the best of making the fangs more sharper and thinner:)
All the best for this challenge and keep rocking:thumbsup:

Tremoside
03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
AAHHHH Gunni, It's awesome! Defintely, i can't stop laughin...Great. heh, go ahead girl!
:beer:
See ya around is always the color of the day! Just keep'em comin...brrrr
:thumbsup:

Rebeccak
03-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Hiya SisGuGu, (Sister Gunnie Gut) :wavey:

I am afraid of this latest creation...he looks a little sinister...:eek:...hmm, but I wonder what mite guts would look like? :D

Hmm...looking forward to the full mite collection...:bounce:

~"Beckie"

keetmun
03-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Go go Gunilla! I've come a bit late..... I'll watch your thread with great interest my friend! Really cute critters u got there, and l like the way the bump turned out actually.

Cheers!
Keet Mun, your resident pong pong guy
:buttrock:

Gunilla
03-12-2006, 05:12 PM
John - thanks! hehe, yeah - I'm beginning to get a bit uncomfortable with presenting them on skin... a bit creepy :)

Mona - yep - my thought exactly, this one is an efficient harvester, ready to go!

Tony - great idea! I've done some sharpening... not exactly fangs but something more agressive. Will show it later, thanks :thumbsup:

Roshan - Hi and thanks! I will make it sharper and maybe add some sharp details to make it more creepy :)

Mark - haha, glad you like it! And thanks for the sweet words - always good to see you here :)

Beckie - arrgh! Don't mention the guts! :eek: I've totally forgot to make them :D
Does this one looks scary? I believed i just raised the cuteness level around here, so I'm glad to hear :twisted:

Keetmun - Hi pong pong guy :) Good to see you, are you in?

OK - so, since it's so fun to make these critters and there is so many weeks left I will probably continue to play with them and then pick the ones that gets in the comp later... Sort of a Mite Top Model Contest - good idea?

soapy
03-12-2006, 06:00 PM
>>Flatmite working well at lower regions....<< yikes! I dont like the sounds of this one. It sounds like something one might pick up at the no-tell motel...

Good model his bump looks great. His eyeball looks mammilian, should it be?

ihamid
03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
hiya Gunilla, just went through the whole thread, nice cool mites i see, although i never thought of them as such before :D!
cheers !

keetmun
03-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Keetmun - Hi pong pong guy :) Good to see you, are you in?

Unfortunately I can't. :sad: Graduating from school in a few months, and must finish my demoreel and portfolio for graduation show. But I will Pong Pong u on! :bounce:

alancamara
03-13-2006, 02:49 AM
hmmm, very interesting idea.

I liked the models. Do you start the modeling on Zbrush or Max?

Good, I'm waiting for more.

Cheers,

Alan

Gunilla
03-13-2006, 06:51 AM
yikes! I dont like the sounds of this one. It sounds like something one might pick up at the no-tell motel...

haha, yes - i'm sure they live in masses there - that comment also gives me ideas for the environment. All depending on how creepy or cute I'm going to take it :)
The eyes are not the final - I just dropped them in for fun to see if it could work. Think not, thanks!

Hamid - thanks, and perhaps it's time we started to treat our mites as the pets they really are? :D

keetmun - graduating comes first of course. I wish you all the luck with that :)
You're welcome to Pong Pong here as much you can - it will be needed :D

Alan - hi and thanks. The first two was modeled in ZB and the cleaned up in Max before bringing them back for detailing. Flatmite was modeled in Max - much faster that way so I'm going to continue like that.

I'm having problems with transferring the displacement mapping correctly into Max. Seems like all changes are adding to the original volume and none of the carvings can be transferred. I believe it has to do with Maxs function as having black as base level and ZB uses 50% grey... I adjust the map in max but by that I loos all the carvings. Anyone know of a good workaround? I thhink it would be difficult to start with super slim models and the only building up... I must have missed something here :shrug:

Have a great day all and thanks for the interest!

Elendil_le_Grand
03-13-2006, 08:25 AM
I love the furmite :)

AIR
03-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Micro scientist is getting his groove nicely.:)

Keep sharp and clean Elam..

Zapan
03-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Sort of a Mite Top Model Contest - good idea?

You're a genius ! :scream:
Go grab a pen and a piece of paper people , we have some notations to deal ! :bounce:

These last mites are awesome Gunie , even if I'm surprised that Beckie could be afraid be something ... I agree with her , the last one looks a bit scary near the others... you mite be a pro of max/zb combo now !

Can't wait for the next itchy treat ! :)

chears ,

-Steph

Rebeccak
03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Dead Korean Walking: even if I'm surprised that Beckie could be afraid be something
I can hear you! :scream:

So...the next will be a Super Model Mite? Kate Mite? :D Anorexi~mite? Bule~mite? :D

I'll...just go.

Chee/ars, :)

~"Beckie"

gpepper
03-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Looks Cool Gunie !
The only critic I have to say is that the eyes seems a little bit too human. Insect, most of the time have 1 overall color.

ThierryS
03-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Funny results on these mites Gunilla! I like the hairy one haha. You also need an exploding mite, that wants to burn everything on it's path, it would of course be a... dyna-mite (dunno if this alredy been done:D ).

You could do some realy creepy texturing work on this theme, and ZB is super good at that. Will wait to see what you come up with.:thumbsup:

melkao
03-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi gunilla....nice modeling but i want more updates!:twisted:

makaron
03-14-2006, 05:28 PM
all mites with one united voice: :scream:
we are courios in what species of mite that mite move in this thread next update... :bounce:
hoppas på snart...

Gunilla
03-14-2006, 05:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1142358995_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1142358995_large.jpg)

Ongoing model - meet the Flubbermite!

JurajMolcak
03-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Is around here anybody else with such a fun within this challenge? Man, we all looks too serious beside you :scream: ( ah, except mona the makaron ). Can´t even give you any of constructive suggestions, I am lost in here.

makaron
03-14-2006, 06:07 PM
all mites with one united voice: :scream: look! we got us a new mite in the gang... :bounce:
he looks fat and wellfeed... we wonder what and where he been eating?... :p

me: can´t help you with that technical stuff... I´m only here for the good looks on all these mites...

Gunilla
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Nico - glad you do, me too :)

Damir - haha, thank you - I'll do my best, sir :thumbsup:

Steph - thank you dear, but I don't feel like a MAX/ZB pro at all... I just can't transfer the displacement right it's so frustrating :banghead:
Thanks for cheering though!

Beckie - haha, well Flubber-mite isn't so far from Bulimi-mite, is it? :D
Where are your updates BTW?

Gilles - you're absolutely right, the eyes will be replaced when I get into texturing.
Do you have any idea why my displacement doesn't work when I transfer it to Max?

thierry - exploding dyna-mite! :bounce: Now - it's getting really scary ... thank's for the idea.
I have a Dino-mite but he doesn't have a violent bone in his body so... hmm... does mites have bones? :rolleyes:

Carlos - Hi and here's an update :)

Mona - so, what do you say about this new type? Flipp eller Flopp?

Juraj - What!!! What makes you think I'm not serious!? :eek:
OK, fine maybe not totally ... :)

Mona - I have a sad feeling he might be eating GP:s...
*running away

So, I have to spend some more time to see if I can solve my displacement issues - if anyone got a clue I'm grateful

makaron
03-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Mona - so, what do you say about this new type? Flipp eller Flopp?

Mona - I have a sad feeling he might be eating GP:s...
*running away

a true Flipp :applause: you can´t resist a fat mite...

and as long he don´t munch on my GPs fur... I like him... :p but you better tell the Flubbermite that he can run but he can´t hide... mohahaha :D
I´m serious too... Gunilla.. have no idea what Juraj talking about there... ;)

ODoul
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
A very nice selection of creepy little crawlies you have here.

Zapan
03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey sweetie !!

Lovely pet again ! Flubbermite ... ahaha :scream: ... it sounds like Power Rangers for feet !! :scream:

ok serious mode on (it's been a while ! )

About your displacement prob ... from what I know in maya , there's an approximation editor to set up max displacement ... negative or positive ... with it you got white for positive and black for negative ... Maybe there's something similar in Max ... maybe in Mental ray menu ...
If you only need negative you still can invert B/W your map in PS ... :shrug:

wait ...

there ... I find something : http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=32020 :)

serious mode off

Yay I wanna have more Mite Rangers !!! :scream:

chears ,

-Steph

shakes
03-14-2006, 07:08 PM
WOWZZA! that's a little beauty! the head is just hilarious, and whatever those things are sticking out! more more!

Rebeccak
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Gunilla~mite: Beckie - haha, well Flubber-mite isn't so far from Bulimi-mite, is it? :D
Where are your updates BTW?
Hehe...hehehe...hehehehehe...:D

Originally posted by FrancoKorean~mite: Flubbermite ... ahaha :scream: ... it sounds like Power Rangers for feet !! :scream:
LMKAO!!! I had a good laugh at that one Steph! :scream:

I like the newest addition to the mite series GM ~ next should be Australian mite, who says, "G'day, mite!" :D

~"Beckie"

Poonks
03-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Great great :bounce: :bounce:

I love the blue one :thumbsup:
this project grow perfectly, hope to see more !!

I can't help you with your displacement i don''t use Z brush :D

KangarooMan
03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey Gunilla, the fur mite is pretty high on the itch factor :argh: but I think my favorite has to be the flubbermite.

Matt :)

dannyfalch
03-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Super mite gang!

thats a lot of mite charactors to put in the scene,
cool to se that they are not all the same.
nice mite work!

Eating GPs,..:scream: ,. i saw on google that people actualy eat GPs somewher in the world,.
with salad and fries,. hmmm

Gunilla
03-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Mona - Ok then, promise to keep him off GPs - seriously :)

Raymond - thank you! I'm beginning to see the small things differently now :D
Lovely pet again ! Flubbermite ... ahaha ... it sounds like Power Rangers for feet !!

Hahaha, so funny! "Flubbermite - where you least expect it!" Maybe it should be a movie?

Thanks for pointing me the right way. I've been going through that thread earlier but now I discovered a Pipeline guide have finally been released (last week). I think I mite be on the way to solve it now - the day will tell :)

John - The things sticking out are of course Flubbers :wise:
I have some really weird refs for inspiration for each model - will post them all later.
Glad you like it

Australian mite, who says, "G'day, mite!"

Hahaha! Or else it's the man in the bed who is Aussie - greeting them that way :D

Lavanche - Thanks, and yes - he is a cutie isn't he? Glad you like it

Matt - Flubber is my current fav too, I think it will be really cool :)

Danny - Hmmm... yeah it's beginning to get crowded, don't know if I can use them all but I just can't stop :) Thanks!

Next step will probably be start exploring possible ways for texturing - else I will creat mites until the deadline. Thanks all for great support and have a great day/night

madshooter
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey Look a new mite, looks cute:)

Lemog
03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Morning dear...

ooooh yes... the fur and blue mites are so cute... well... so good... interesting new way of multi_mites... I can touche your progress... it's visible... I will try to be here to follow more now... :love:

alancamara
03-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Gunie, how are you? Damm... I don't use Max, but I'm sure that have a way to you get it my friend. Keep it up, the model looks great to me :beer:

Alan

handlebar
03-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Gunilla, just had a leisurely stroll through your thread, i think the concept is great, and looking forward to see how the little zmites progress. On a side note i thought your spectacular challenge was wonderful.

daWinky
03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey Gunilla:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#),

Not easy to catch up with your thread after a couple of days not beeing online:D ...a lot of posts and of course many amazing updates, you've made some "cute" little fellows:thumbsup: !
I'm not sure of my favorite, but the furmite is too scary for me, I prefer the flubbermite so far...Hope you get your displacement problems solved!
I'm looking forward to see more variations of mites:bounce: ...

-sabrina

Gunilla
03-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Roshan - thanks! Hard to think someone with four tounges as cute :D

Lolo - ... so good to see you here, you're always welcome :love:
I think maybe it's time to stop new mite models and try to finish the started ones now.

Alan - thank you, and after a long day I think I finally know what the problem is :)

Steven - thank you! It's good to see you around, love your work :thumbsup:

Sabrina - Hi there! :) I think I've figured out the correct workflow now... and it means either to remodel all mites to be able to displacementmap them correctly or skipping displacement and go with bump only, Turned out I didn't had the right kind of geometry to start with ... arrggh! Modeling always gets me into trouble. I had several non-quads that seems to be the ones that's causing the trouble.

I think I can make the Normalmappin work quite good and if I combine it with some manual tweking in Max I think that's the way. If I'm not happy when they are textured I have to start them over.
So, this was a day for testing and practising - just count it to the usual "mid-challenge-tech-problem-drawback" Will be back with a clearer mind and a cleaner mesh :D