Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Gunilla
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Ok - this is for the fearless ones :)

Wallpaper 1600x1200 with the adjusted lighting

http://www.bitspin.net/tmp/wallpap.jpg

shakes
05-14-2006, 08:26 PM
wowee! fantastic seeing all those mites up close! superb work Gunilla-such a beautiful variety of textures. awesome.

BlackDidThis
05-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Cool!

I just have another image added to my collection of big picture! (Does that make me fearless?:bounce:)

At this proportion, the image has so much more meaning... all the elements in the background now for us to see!
(Like now we get to see the little hairs at the back too!:))

So does this mean that the next post is going to be you saying "I am done?"
(Embarrassing for me to say... but I wasn't aware of the last update :sad:...
I am so sorry...
Yes, I agree, I am horrible)

If you haven't flattened the layers yet... you may want to sort of blur or slightly erase the base of the feet/claws of a few of them. There are some that seem to be more flying in mid air rather than actually walking on the skin (a something I do a lot with paint effect strokes to integrate them with the surface better)
Or to just sort of darken their shadow a little.

I think I enjoy looking at a little under the centre of the image with all the skin folds the most... that part just looks the best (to me) then suddenly that annoying furmite butts in from the bottom right and catches the attention!
Well guess that's the whole intention right? To BUG people!

Thanks a lot for the trouble of getting us the high res!
(And for the support you have always given!)

Best of luck!

Black

daWinky
05-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Morning Gunie!

A mite-wallpaper:scream: ...well, I'm not fearless but these are not the monsters I'm afraid of:D ! So thank you for this big version, great to see a close-up of the little critters and I agree with the others about your excellent texturing work:thumbsup: !
For me there is nothing to crit now, your adjustments of brightness and contrast are perfect for my screens... Looks like a final version for me, so make just a last decision about the title and than: Good luck!:bounce:

-sabrina

Lemog
05-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Morning dear... thanks for the wallpaper... it's nice to really fall in their mites world... strange not ? :scream: hahahaha...
scratch scratch scratch... :twisted:

rattlesnake
05-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Morning dear... thanks for the wallpaper... it's nice to really fall in their mites world... strange not ? :scream: hahahaha...
scratch scratch scratch... :twisted:

haha some how after reading this i feel like scratching too...
i like the detial on this render u did! the skin look super real in some parts..this image make me feel really small, like i was just next to this mites:applause:

Zapan
05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Morning Gunie !! :bounce:

I've been out of town for a couple of days ... and I'm coming back with a great wallpaper to put on my desktop !! Thx ! :) ... altough my roommate said to me , ewww what's that ? ... that's weird but somehow that's pretty cool ... eww but wow again , isn't ? :scream:

Have a great day Mrs Elam!! :wise:

cheers ,

-Steph

Elendil_le_Grand
05-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Good work :thumbsup:

oceanbluesky
05-15-2006, 08:07 AM
"If you haven't flattened the layers yet... you may want to sort of blur or slightly erase the base of the feet/claws of a few of them. There are some that seem to be more flying in mid air rather than actually walking on the skin"

Two minutes with the smudge tool in Photoshop would take care of this (but you know that...)...the shadows of the two characters on the far right might blur a bit as the shadows move away from your characters' feet and such, but, that may be your call or maybe lighting works differenly at such a micro size?...just thought I'd second Black's opinion since you may possibly continue to muck around with this image in the next two weeks. Hard to believe this is almost over!

Anyhow -- absolutely wonderful image!! Very bold theme! Excellent artwork Gunie...thank you for the full version...makes your subtle shadows and glows that much more enjoyable. Congratulations!

Gunilla
05-15-2006, 03:14 PM
John - thanks mate, glad you like :)

Black - uhm, yes - the middle part is my favourite too, the foreground is not holding the same level of realism, I will tweak it more in PS. And next update will very likely be the final -Jihaaa :bounce:

Sabrina - thank you and arggghh...yes, the title! "mite feed on flesh"? Nahhh, "Mite just go"?

Lolo - "I've got you, under my skin..."
glad you like the wallpaper - feels like I owe you some :thumbsup:

Jorge - great! that is the desired effect - to be at the same level as the small heroes :)

Steph - ahaha, so this could be the good way for you to keep your computer for yourself then :D Thanks for liking... and BTW it's Ms ;)

Nicolas - thank you!

Eric - Thank you and yes, this scale for it reveals a lot of small things to tweak... and this is only half the final size, somehow I got lazy thinking no one will ever see the big one ... so tweaking time it is then.

Thanks all - I will now get a grip and go softening shadows and feet, thank you all for being the most supporting community ever :love:

Zapan
05-15-2006, 04:39 PM
...and BTW it's Ms

oops .....:curious: ... sorry ... :blush: .... *runs*

yes, the title! "mite feed on flesh"? Nahhh, "Mite just go"?

"Mite Gyver " ? :curious: :scream: ....

mmoir
05-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey Gunilla,
Nice looking job hear, I think I liked the background a little lighter so you can identify things a little better . Great job here. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

makaron
05-15-2006, 08:18 PM
the mites growing big I see... sure you don´t feed the with something else than skinflakes? love that green family, they are sooo cute... :)

the mite: yeah... we are such cuties, even in close-up...
the other mite: nice to see all this nice colors we have... and our lovely shades...
:bounce:

Poonks
05-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Hi Gunilla,

nice progress here, it's hard to find time to follow every WIP, but your is really interesting. Like the atmosphere... great job :thumbsup:

antone-m
05-16-2006, 05:36 AM
thanks for the back ground Gunie :scream:

Try
05-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Utrolig bra Gunilla!:thumbsup:
When I first looked at your concept drawings fore this I thought….
She will never pull this off. The perspective is just too crazy. :)
But I must say, you pulled it of nicely

Only comment I have is that the little critters are floating a bit.
Some stronger drop shadows should fix that problem.

Gunilla
05-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Steph- "Mite Gyver"...really? :rolleyes: ;D ... and don't run - it's always nice having you here!

Mike - thank you, and yes - the general lighting have been tricky, but I think I'm pleased with it now.

Mona - I think they feed on GPs too :twisted: :D, thanks and soon they'll be on the loose.

Lavanche - thanks a lot :thumbsup: and yeah, it's hard to be everywhere, so much good work to follow...

Tony - glad you like :)

Try - I was thinking the same thing myself... what on earth was I thinking? :D I'm glad you like how it turned out and yes...arrggghh...flying mites will be fixed!

So, I still have some detail tweaking to do, maybe I have one more update before the final then - thanks all!

ThierryS
05-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Haha! so funny, they're eating some human skin :scream: :thumbsup:
Will I ever see my bed the same way now? I don't think so, your picture will always be in my mind before I go to sleep :scream: , anyway... I'll have a giggle before the millions of them I probably have under my cover eat me alive!

Great illustration and a fine perspective work! The microscopic type of effect works really well.
Seems like the next update could be the last one. Congrats for this hilarious picture Gunilla! :bounce:

Gunilla
05-18-2006, 12:34 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1147955641_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1147955641_large.jpg)

Made some minor tweakings, mostly on the mites feet and shadows... I think this is it. Anything that I need to fix before submitting my final?

shakes
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
i can't think of antything- it looks fantastic..creepily beautiful Gunilla, you've done a superb job!

antone-m
05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
hmmm let me see

1-dinomites.............checked
2-jelly bug...............eaten:shrug: ahm ahm checked
3-small bugs.............checked
4-hair......................checked
5-poor man...............scratching:twisted: lol checked
all is done :thumbsup:
everything is great Gunie :eek: no still one thing left :bounce: .................the final image lol and ah don`t worry
I won`t forget ur present :scream: :deal:

Lemog
05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm watching... I'm watching... I'm watching...

...and the result is very homogen... well done... good average between all elements... perfects tones... for me it's okay... no problems... that works at 100%

Go dear... I'm proud of you... much progress since the previous challenge... go for the story and the final post :thumbsup:

:love:

Try
05-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Looks good Gunilla!
Go fore it!:)

MT-Cup
05-18-2006, 03:42 PM
itching, itching, itching! Looks great, Gunilla! :thumbsup:

daWinky
05-19-2006, 04:57 AM
... I think this is it.

Me too!:) Great work with your scene, Gunie:thumbsup: ! I see no need for further tweaking and waiting...I agree with Lolo, just write the story and than: uploading!:bounce:

-sabrina

Gunilla
05-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Morning all - it's a rielefe to see that no big errors seems to be in!

Thierry - thanks, and it's funny... I never thought I could creat bed times phantasies like this :D

John - thank you a lot - and thanks for your great support here :)

Tony - haha, thanks for checking the list! ... and you can send the bugspray by email, right? :D

Laurent - I'm so glad you like it - your opinion is always important to me. Progress? thanks, I guess this means this old dog can still learn new tricks? :D

Try - thanks nabo, I will! :)

MT - thanks, glad you like it!

Sabrina - thanks, and since you all thinks it's enough now I will just tweak the story a bit and then... how about a lazy icecream?

You guys and girls are the bast, thanks again :thumbsup:

JurajMolcak
05-19-2006, 08:39 AM
I want to be the "bast" as well :sad:
He he he, Hello my sis´... I was somehow waiting for this "maybe final"... Lighting is superb! Scene composition is great! What is kinda tickling me is your "journey concept"... Ha ha, I can call it maybe "trip break with som food to refresh us... I mean them..." Oh, It is almost party... let´s play our song Mr. DJ - 1 2 3 : This _ is _ an _ itchy itchy _ furmite _ mini _ hairy surface _ clawthings skinny...

makaron
05-19-2006, 09:23 AM
once upon a time it was a couple of mites... http://www.alpretec.com/prova/esp/images/mite.gif

just waiting for the story now then... hitt på en bra en nu Gunilla... :thumbsup:

Zapan
05-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm gonna sit in the corner , ready to jump and wait for the ultimate word : Final image ... :bounce:
and also the very expected and well thought title.... huhu

cheers ,

-Steph

antone-m
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Tony - haha, thanks for checking the list! ... and you can send the bugspray by email, right? :D

hmmm well that`s new :bounce:

melkao
05-19-2006, 04:27 PM
the bug looks pretty ugly!....nice work on that revolting escene...good luck with the final!:thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gunilla (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=78228);
Made some minor tweakings, mostly on the mites feet and shadows... I think this is it. Anything that I need to fix before submitting my final?Hmmm...

Yes... now that you mention it (Scratches his head);
I think the whole thing is wrong!

They should have been on the head... No the eyebrow in fact.
And we should have seen part of the eye in the tip of the canvas.

Actually... WAIT!
Now that I think of it... make it a martian! That would be SO perfect!
Wouldn't it?

aaa Gunilla (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=78228)?

You there? Hello?!

Well naa... I think there can never be enough to do on an image. I am a firm believer that the act is a never ending journey and mus tbe put to rest by it's maker :)
All looks great! Thank you for sharing your journey with us, expecting the final soon I guess.

Black

Gunilla
05-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Juraj - Ha! Well... better "bast" than "bastard" I suppose? :D
Sorry for the typo, can I blame the keyboard?
The Journey concept... you're touching a soft spot here since I don't think it's very strong presented. Ahhh, maybe next time?

Mona - Oh yes - the story will be short... the title is more troublesome. Can't decide :shrug:

Steph - hmmm, yes... the title :banghead::banghead:

Tony - just kiddin of course ;)

Carlos - thanks a lot for the well wishes... I will need it :)

Black - hmmm, someone's trying to get popular here? :twisted:
Haha, promise - I don't think I ever will do a martian... at least not in this one...or...maybe? :D
And sure you're right - I could still do a lot on this, mainly improving the mites, but I have to finish it sometime and now seems to be a good point.

Just have to figure out that title now... thanks all, and good luck with finishing your own entrys :thumbsup:

gpepper
05-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Final or not ? :bounce:

centurionit
05-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Gunilla, you know that your image seems really an image in the mycroscope???
You used your renderer very well.....Compliments!!!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330707

sathe
05-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi there, Micropscopic lenses have very sharp DOF falloff rates so behind your characters try using photoshop's lens blur to generate that in post. it doesnt have spherical blooming but octagon should work fine. Hopefully this will help add more depth and scale to the image.
Also do some research on Tilt Lens Photography. Getting a bit of that in the image will show drastic results which you could be aiming for and it is very little work, just do very strong blurs in the out of focus areas such as the extreme foreground and general background.
Hope this helps.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/02/27/fake_tilt_shift_phot.html - found a good tutorial for you on google.
Good luck :)

soapy
05-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Looking good Gunilla. I would say you are pretty well ready to post it looks really good to me. I enjoyed the large size poster, I love the cute little baby green guy in the left foreground. :-)

antone-m
05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Tony - just kiddin of course ;)

hahahahahaha yeah I know don`t worry hahahahahahaha "falling from his chair and then from
the window " hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllpppppppppppp...................boooom "hitting
the ground "

Lemog
05-22-2006, 06:17 AM
Morning Pussycat... just here for the "What's new ?"... no week-end update, no final "final" picture ?
I'm waiting impatiently the final surprise :bounce: :scream: ...

while waiting, have a nice day Gunie :wavey:

Gunilla
05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm very late with replys here - sorry :blush:

Gilles - yep, final it will be!

centurionit - thank you, so glad you see it the way I intented :)

Sathe - thanks, these are all good comments, but for this scene I decidied to soften the DoF a bit to be able to see the background. The difficult here is that it is a mix between micro and reallife scale so realistic was not a possible approach. Glad for your input anyway :)

Jim - thanks - and I'm glad you like babymite. Maybe he will be the first in my planned series of huggable toys? :D

Tony - hey buddy, come up from the floor now - you have some scratching to do here :D

Lemog - Afternoon, Pumpkin ;) And true, no updates for the whole weekend. I will post my final later - I think :D

Gunilla
05-22-2006, 02:07 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1148306829_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9806/9806_1148306829_large.jpg)

When the night comes and the darkness settles a small group of adventurers gathers to start their long and dangerous journey. With great risk for their lives they need to climb the highest mountain to harvest what they need to survive - scrapes from human skin.

Who will make it and who will die a fearsome death? Who will survive to bring back the harvest to rescue the lives of the starving clan?

lotaH
05-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Great!! Cool scene!!

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

BAMU
05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
so, you done it:), congrats man, and Good Luck!
:thumbsup:

glenn23
05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Great Gunilla! You started strong and every update and tweakmade it better and better. Good job!

BlackDidThis
05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
That just about sums it up I guess!! :)
Actually as I read through it... I recalled an expedition in to the depths of an unexplored cave.
Where the aid of oxygen masks were highly needed from the distance it had to the open air.

The expedition was not geographical but on the contrary biological. It was to examine the life forms existing in such demanding depths away from sun light.
Every scientist had to show immense care not to contaminate the cave.
You have to look at it this way: ONE single flake from our skin is like a gross supermarket for the bacterial life forms that have survived so long through savaging.

So there we go taking a step after another as we walk the street.. forgetting how amazingly long a distance travel it is for the poor little Furmites!
A seriously great catch and a Humorous execution!
A pity there were no Martians though :sad: ...

But I guess the results can compensate :bounce:

BEST of luck!!!
:thumbsup:

Black

Lemog
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm glad to see your final pic posted now... I was okay with it design at 100%... terribly Gunilla... like this style wich go more far than the global look... there's something wich talk to our eyes and our mind, and it's fantastic.
With each challenge here, you arrive to obtain something really different, but with each time your incredible personal brainy touch...
...and this incredible part of fun whichmake the difference :applause:

I wish a good future to your picture and an especially good evening for you :wavey:

Try
05-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Gratulerer Gunilla!:thumbsup: En sterk søknad om å få være blandt de heldige som får "fame and fortune"! A tiny and great illustration, and a good clean story (he, he I overført betydning)! :)
Congratulations! And good luck with the judges!

Actually… you could well be the second Swedish girl to win prizes at a cg challenge after Linda Bergkvist!

That would be great!!

:)What do the Swedish guys do by the way? Sit in front of the tv, drink beer, scratch their asses and watch Hockey?:)

antone-m
05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I knew it Guine I knew that u are going to make a very cool Final Image and always remember
you are the boss :thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Congratulations Guniiiiiiii!

Yeah! You're over a challange again with a superb image! Title also rocks :thumbsup: Clean and funny story! :bowdown: :bounce: You did it! Time to relax a bit! It was a fun to follow your thread! :)

"Bra jobbat"

Mark

makaron
05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
the Mites: hurray... now the real journey begin... :bounce:

well done Gunilla...
tjusigt!!!

gpepper
05-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Very nice job you've done during this challenge Gunnie !
Another great progress you've done I think !
I hope to see you soon again ! :bounce: :applause:

shakes
05-22-2006, 08:06 PM
fantastic image, Gunilla- congratulations! difficult subject to do(like your last one) and you nailed it again .textures and lighting are superb, love it! and the story, ha, well you almost feel sorry for them!
I've loved the whole 'journey' of watching your thread..can't wait till the next one. good luck!

Zapan
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee !! :bounce: Finally .... :scream:

CONGRATULATIONS GUNIE .... tadaaaaa ! :buttrock:

Another great great piece .... everything is in here , lots of fun , technics , warm colors , contrast , and with a really original theme but sensitive as well ... clap ... clap... So now the combo max/ZB doesn't have any secrets for you ....

Big congrats ... and best of luck Gunie~Dear

cheers ,

-Steph

ps : I love that title ... :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes..yes...yes ! ....boing !..boing !..boing !..boing !..boing !..boing !..boing !..boing !

She is resting now Ladies and Gentlemen.

YOINKS!

MT-Cup
05-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Yay! Congratulations, Guni! You did it. I will be itching forever now, especially since you offered that lovely wallpaper that is on my desktop. :thumbsup: Rest easy, this is a fantastic scene!

mdavid
05-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Superb result, Gunilla. Well done, and congratulations for finishing on time. How can a picture make you feel happy, concerned, and itchy at the same time? You've done it! Good luck

rattlesnake
05-23-2006, 04:48 AM
Congratulations on your final image man!:bounce:

i like the original idea and u really make an great realization for your entry..

:applause::applause:

daWinky
05-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Hey, I see the magic words: final image! Congratulations for finishing this outstanding work, Gunie!:applause:

You've made again a very unique picture - totally Gunilla-style:thumbsup: ...and it was a pleasure to follow you from the start and to see how you've mastered all the upcoming problems! You know I love the result, so what's more to say...? Enjoy the feeling of "it's done" and of course: Good luck for your entry!:bounce:

-sabrina

Gunilla
05-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Diego - thanks mate!

BAM - thank you and good luck for you too!

Glenn - thanks for liking it and for appreciating my endless tweakings :)

Black - haha, sorry to disappoint you on the Martians!
I appreciate you little story - that's much my thinking behind this too - we're all, small and big, part of the same system and in different ways depending on eachother to survive... good luck with your wonderful entry!

Laurent - Sweet Lolo, always the nicest things to say. Thanks so much for being my constant support and for taking the time to see what I'm aiming at... You know how much I appreciate you. :love:

Per - tackar! A prize is hardly possible here but thanks for suggesting it :) And the swedish guys...hmmm, maybe busy watching football? There use to be several swedes in the challenge but this time I don't know where they are.

Antone - thanks, and you are "the Best" :thumbsup:

Mark - thanks mate! Oh, and good swedish! Have you been getting lessons from your new neighbour? Good! ;)

Mona - tack and good luck for finishing your GPs :)

Gilles - merci copain, and now hurry up, you have to finish this time!

John - thanks buddy, and thanks for being a great support throughout the challenge:thumbsup:

Steph - aahhh, thanks sweetie, to bad we wont see yours yet... thanks for liking the title, you know how much trouble that gave me :D

Gunilla
05-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Dimi - resting? Ahaha, I wish that was true... thanks and It's always nice to see your boings! :D

MT - thanks and I'm really glad you're using the wallpaper :)

Mark - you make me really happy to hear that my image have the wished result, thank you!

Jorge - thank you so much!

Sabrina - thank you dudette! And thanks for being around, I really appreciate it.

It feels good to be done with some time to spare - now, nothing will distract me from following your last steps - thanks all and my best wishes to everyone :bounce:

Womball
05-23-2006, 06:45 AM
Ewww! Congrats on finishing! Really nice render, although I'm not a fan of dust mites. Allergic to those little buggers.

antone-m
05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Antone - thanks, and you are "the Best" :thumbsup:

oh thanks for this and many thanks for sharing this great wip with us :thumbsup: :scream:

don`t worry I didn`t forget our deal :deal:

http://www.dickinson.edu/~peterman/insectine1.JPG

lotaH
05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Ei thebest, take care! Not place this here, can kill the scene of Gunilla! lol:scream:

antone-m
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Ei thebest, take care! Not place this here, can kill the scene of Gunilla! lol:scream:
hahahaha lol sorry Gunie have I made any damage lol

JurajMolcak
05-23-2006, 11:57 PM
I saw it many times in my mind before... since begining of this thread. Now I have it printable! You did it in your very personal poetic style. Mood is just there! Great picture Gunnie! Great picture. Thanx for nice journey. Good luck with jury and everything :thumbsup:

Gunilla
05-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Womball - thanks, and sorry to hear you're allergic. Don't worry about these though, they're digital :D

Tony - Ahhh, thanks! My prize!! :bounce: That is possibly the coolest can of bug spray I've ever seen :thumbsup:

LotaH - hmmm, could be a great idea for a sequel :D

Tony - haha, they're resistant to anything except the photoshop eraser!

Juraj - thank you... and thanks for being a splendid company on this journey. Good luck for your final steps!

antone-m
05-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Tony - Ahhh, thanks! My prize!! :bounce: That is possibly the coolest can of bug spray I've ever seen :thumbsup:

ah you are welcomed :scream:

Tony - haha, they're resistant to anything except the photoshop eraser!

hahahahahha lol

lotaH
05-24-2006, 12:02 PM
LotaH - hmmm, could be a great idea for a sequel :D

Take care too!
Therefore they can like ... lol :scream:

http://br.geocities.com/colecionadordequadrinhos/qimagem/fliti.gif

ThierryS
05-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Wow, Gunilla, missed your last post, gee, unforgivable from me:D . So a Biiiggg congrat from me and maybe from some more from tiny Luxemburg too hehe, on closing such funny picture.

(Too many mites eating pieces of humans at night, probably the reason I'm loosing weight....:scream: :scream: . )

Great use of your 3D skills, you've definitely showed some great max and talent use on that picture. So all my best.. scratch...for the.. scratch...voting and scratch... see you... scratch... on the next one:beer: , or most probably before on some other... scratch...scratch...pages.
Cheers!

handlebar
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
congrats on the final image, great concept and great render. Fantastic.

ilusiondigital
05-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Waaaaaaaa, great final image and besutiful render, honey!!

All my best wishes and good luck in judging

mmoir
05-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey Gunilla,

Another very unique image and a well done one too.:thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup: Great job on this , all the mites look very nice if a mite could look nice.:) Good luck with this .

CryingHorn
05-27-2006, 03:29 PM
congratulation on final Gunilla, very interesting image, you have a very unpredictable imagination for sure :thumbsup:

Climax
05-27-2006, 10:42 PM
:bounce:Congratulations on your final piece Gunilla :bounce:
Another great one!
Wish u all the best!
:beer:

soapy
05-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Nice work Gunilla, superb finish! You have come up with a really great image. Good luck with the judges. :-)

Gunilla
05-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Well folks, this have been a fun ride as ususal ... I've had such a good time and learned a lot from all of you.
So, thanks again:

(http://member.php?u=78228)
Zapan (http://member.php?u=76009)
makaron (http://member.php?u=129166)
thebest (http://member.php?u=71404)
Lemog (http://member.php?u=60815)
shakes (http://member.php?u=68605)
daWinky (http://member.php?u=190768)
Rebeccak (http://member.php?u=148587)
soapy (http://member.php?u=27903)
Oweron (http://member.php?u=185679)
mmbenya (http://member.php?u=116312)
scootermaya (http://member.php?u=115190)
Womgoose (http://member.php?u=215551)
thierry2005 (http://member.php?u=162280)
gpepper (http://member.php?u=33317)
handlebar (http://member.php?u=110024)
mdavid (http://member.php?u=158479)
Elendil_le_Grand (http://member.php?u=126840)
rattlesnake (http://member.php?u=46956)
oceanbluesky (http://member.php?u=212983)
Agamemnwn (http://member.php?u=118270)
Tremoside (http://member.php?u=76543)
thedirtypaw (http://member.php?u=203500)
alancamara (http://member.php?u=106862)
medunecer (http://member.php?u=175923)
mmoir (http://member.php?u=116113)
dannyfalch (http://member.php?u=79888)
MT Cup (http://member.php?u=176435)
BlackDidThis (http://member.php?u=152512)
DimitrisLiatsos (http://member.php?u=1718)
melkao (http://member.php?u=75224)
Poonks (http://member.php?u=127746)
flaeticia (http://member.php?u=95176)
Climax (http://member.php?u=48606)
varma (http://member.php?u=94617)
DaddyMack (http://member.php?u=85530)
3D_Explorer (http://member.php?u=44110)
TheFirstAngel (http://member.php?u=45629)
ilusiondigital (http://member.php?u=155104)
hhssuu (http://member.php?u=121672)
Womball (http://member.php?u=192021)
AIRz (http://member.php?u=128055)
glenn23 (http://member.php?u=123559)
madshooter (http://member.php?u=78218)
CryingHorn (http://member.php?u=155088)
yunisirees (http://member.php?u=130478)
mr_carl (http://member.php?u=75940)
keetmun (http://member.php?u=86237)
SoniaNotRed (http://member.php?u=138866)
lotaH (http://member.php?u=127787)
Jonason (http://member.php?u=112782)
SuperXCM (http://member.php?u=84880)
Try (http://member.php?u=29439)
MichaelMotion (http://member.php?u=129702)
Vicioun (http://member.php?u=164197)
Cgkoko (http://member.php?u=1607)
Elsie (http://member.php?u=160667)
eddieellis (http://member.php?u=137563)
cipher (http://member.php?u=32364)
d3coy (http://member.php?u=209912)
claudio_jordao (http://member.php?u=60735)
kreuz (http://member.php?u=163705)
se7enthcin (http://member.php?u=145100)
jddog (http://member.php?u=43874)
sergioKomic (http://member.php?u=64629)
CUBISIS (http://member.php?u=190732)
BAMU (http://member.php?u=210272)
a-papantoniou (http://member.php?u=204972)
monsitj (http://member.php?u=10276)
Claireabella (http://member.php?u=94977)
stavrevstefan (http://member.php?u=199937)
Virtuoso (http://member.php?u=3339)
speter (http://member.php?u=88705)
fgdf (http://member.php?u=143261)
arturro (http://member.php?u=114690)
Vedic-kings (http://member.php?u=37527)
dunderdan (http://member.php?u=210413)
theuni (http://member.php?u=63630)
warpy (http://member.php?u=134292)
megabytes2004 (http://member.php?u=107545)
BobbEr (http://member.php?u=169771)
Nomad (http://member.php?u=8750)
beelow (http://member.php?u=129663)
immortalx (http://member.php?u=192598)
alex.h. (http://member.php?u=128981)
ChrisD01 (http://member.php?u=191752)
Sathe (http://member.php?u=160862)
smallone3d (http://member.php?u=1149)
r0bin (http://member.php?u=210802)
Nakary (http://member.php?u=159490)
centurionit (http://member.php?u=135078)
safe05 (http://member.php?u=108201)
alvin_cgi (http://member.php?u=179621)
Le-Go (http://member.php?u=133016)
Squibbit (http://member.php?u=77730)
tuck (http://member.php?u=58070)
GonzaloGolpe (http://member.php?u=153519)
shemosus (http://member.php?u=118150)

It's been great - and see you in another one!

makaron
05-28-2006, 06:54 AM
1st mite: what a long list... :eek:
2nd mite: yep, a lot of people has seen us born and eat away...
1st mite: but... but we have to be famous then?
2nd mite: yep, yep... we mite be famous as moviestars... at least as good looking as moviestar...
1st mite: I´m proud now...
2nd mite: you? naaa... Gunilla should be the proud one... tha manage to make us mites cute and loved by everyone...
1st mite: true.. and I hope we appear somewhere elso soon... :scream:

once again... snygga lusar "vilket det är ont om" och bra jobbat Gunilla

oceanbluesky
05-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey Gunnie! Thanks for all of your support and congratulations on such a wonderful BOLD creative daring image! Really am excited to see what you choose as your next Challenge theme. It is so refreshing to know at least one of the entrants to the next Challenge will be utterly unique, different, and engaging! Best of luck with the judging -- you have created one of my very favorites! Really inspirational imagination and community support! Hope you have a good summer, cheers!

SuperXCM
05-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi Gunilla,

very good final image, :bounce: , the concept is original, as usual, and technicaly well done, good job my friend, and good luck for the vote!! :thumbsup:

Now, take a good beer, you can be proud of your work!!

Waiting to see on the next challenge!!:)

Peace!! :beer:

eddieellis
05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
great job Gunilla, lovely to see it all come togeather :thumbsup:

KangarooMan
05-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, wonderful final image Gunilla I really love all of the detail that you have put into it! :applause: And I had just recovered from last mite induced scratching spell, but when the image looks this good bring it on! :eek: Best of luck to you! :wavey:

Matt :)

alancamara
05-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Aaaaarrrghhh!!! I will not sleep this night my friend.

Great and unique work, great stuff here.

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S and GOOD LUCK with judding my friend

Alan

Lemog
05-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Morning honey...

yep, now it's finish... but the fun could continue... what's planed now as personal artwork ? already some ideas perhaps ?
I'm curious... :scream: another mites story ? the next step ? the final goal of their journey ? the story of the poor guy eaten by mites ? the return of the mite ? the mite's strike back ? :D

Good thoughts and good day :thumbsup:

lolo...

Scied
05-29-2006, 06:42 AM
first of all, congrats on finishing the image! I think it is very well doned! I like the twist in your image/background story. It sounds interesting see the human by the point of view of the parasites! Realy a clever idea! the other thing I think you handled realy well is with proportions and depth of the scene wich in this case must have been extremely dificult, and required lots of microcosmic understand to reproduce the human skin! well done and best wishes!

Epopisces
05-30-2006, 05:24 AM
Excellent work Gunilla, how anything can be so creepy and cute at the same time is beyond me, makes me smile and shiver at the same time. Congrats, and good luck!

Gunilla
05-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Mona - well, if I can be the one to make some mites famous I'm proud ;) thanks, buddy - for ongoing support!

Eric - thanks for the really kind words, good luck and happy summer to you too :thumbsup:

Lombardo - yep, finally some beer time, thanks :D

Eddie - thank you, and hope to see you in the next one!

Matt - haha, well this seems to have caused some skin-awareness around here :D glad you like.

Alan - thank you and hope you will finish your wonderful start!

Lolo - morning dear... next step? haha... maybe termites? Could give me an opprtunity to finally try some architecture work :) If so, I surely hope for your guidance.

Scied - thank you! and thanks for realising what I was up against- this was probably the most difficult persepctive I've worked with - glad you like the result.

Vicioun - smile and shiver at the same time is really good, thank you!

So, this have been a wonderful experience as always. Good luck to all participants!

hhssuu
05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Gunilla :) Congratulation on your entry!!! Always unique and beautiful! I like your interesting persective on each challenge and look forward to seeing you again in the future! I also think you are improving a lot on each challenge :) best of luck with judging!!!:thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
05-31-2006, 12:04 PM
..., i'm so sorry for not posting here earlier, was... distracted with pc problems :p
looooooovely work and i am happy you finished this great and fun piece! best of luck on the finals, loved your mites since i found them :)))

lotaH
05-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Well folks, this have been a fun ride as ususal ... I've had such a good time and learned a lot from all of you.
So, thanks again:

lotaH (http://member.php/?u=127787)
It's been great - and see you in another one!

Tanks... :thumbsup:

Congratulations!

Womgoose
05-31-2006, 02:18 PM
YEEHAA! you finished it!

Great work Gunilla, I really like it :D
Congratulations on finishing.

Rebeccak
06-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Gunie,

I am sorry for not getting here earlier! Congratulations for finishing sis, and I think you did a great job!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Cheers, :)

~Beckie

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2006, 11:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.