PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jeannot Landry

KnightSoul
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Jeannot Landry is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9802)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Update, Finaly ;)
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9802/9802_1141277209_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3292517#post3292517)

KnightSoul
02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to say, good luck to all, and most importantly, have fun in this very cool idea and learning experience, for me, its not about winning, its about having fun and learning :)

This topic for this challenge is very very inspireing, I have so much ideas going in my mind!
As soon as I get home from work tonight, I will start looking for reference material for my idea, and possibly start sketching tonight!

I think the time allowd is very respectable, and there shouldnt be any reason to not complete this project!

Most importantly, I'd like to say thanks and give a big thumbs up to CGSociety.org for making those challenges fun and finding very very good topics that gives lots of ideas to artists like us!

Again, good luck and have fun!
Cheers!
Jeannot Landry

KnightSoul
03-02-2006, 04:26 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9802/9802_1141277209_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9802/9802_1141277209_large.jpg)

Hello all, here is an update, I've finaly found an Idea that I'm very pleased with.

It's the Journey of a Feary Warior going to rescue the Queen's Son.

Hope you all like it, It's gonna be quite a challenge to replicate this in 3D with the amount of time given, should be a lot of FUN!!!

Cheers all and again, good luck to all!
Jeannot Landry AKA: Jonny3D

TheJota
03-02-2006, 04:31 AM
That's really good sketch, you are a good sketcher

visit my challenge forum.:scream:

timeless3d
03-02-2006, 04:38 AM
I like the idea of focusing on what he's leaving, and the emotions of those left behind. They look excited and proud, wishing him well. What is he going off to? Why is he leaving, what for? Is there some way to show what he is heading for without loosing the cool vibe you've started?

Vedic-kings
03-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Nice skech:)

Good luck!

KnightSoul
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey all, thanks for the nice comments!

The_Jotha: I'm usually not drawing that much, it took me about 3 hrs drawing that lol, But I took my time, and I'm pleased with the outcome! And yes, I'll look at all the threads and give my 2 cents ;) Thanks!

timeless3d: Those Faery's are Swamp Faery's, and our little dude there, Lets call him "Jago", he's leaving on a journey to save the Queen's son! Now, I wouldnt know what to add to this to make the image show where is going! But, I'll stick to what I have for now, But I totaly agree that he'd be cool to see where he's heading or what he's heading for! Thanks mate!

Vedic kings: Thanks man!

Again, good luck to all, and remember, this is mostly for fun, I'm not aiming at winning anything, if I do, well, cool, if not, well, its still cool ;)

Cheers!
Jonny

larsgehrt
03-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Yo,

this is awesome, loving that whole wool elv thing going on. The young brave one going out to become a man.

Cheers...

Hani Troudy
03-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I like your Idea . . . I can imagine what it would be in 3d
it will be good ..... keep going

RhyderKey
03-02-2006, 03:06 PM
love the skech, just a few things; from looking at the picture frist with out reading i got the feeling we was waving his beloved wife good bye as he was about to go out hunting or something like that. just so you know that is want it was, dont want to be offensive or anything. so i would suggest some that would hint to why be was leaving ie empty crib, and where he was going (fight orc/orge/ex-girlfriends)

Other then that is GREAT and i cant wait to see what you going to do with it, its a great idea dont change it just work on it

KnightSoul
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
RhyderKey: thanks for the tip, well, the girl on the left is, as a mather of fact, his wife. Now I'm not sure what I could add to make him look like he's going on a journey to save somebody, I wanted to give him a back pack, but the down side is that he's a Faery, and it would block the wings... So, not too sure what I can do... There is still a lots of time left on this anyway, I'm sure I'll come up with something!

Thanks again for this constructive crits! ;)

Cheers!
Jonny

Blue Sin
03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Nice work :scream: Best of luck :thumbsup: .........

Kyan
03-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Great sketch, I'll be watching this one. :)

KnightSoul
03-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks Blue Sin ;)

Ok, well, as for the character, I think I know what to change to make him look like going to rescue that kid!

Simple, modify the pose of the character a bit more, instead of facing forward, I'm gonna put him kinda backward, and his gonna have a more confident look to him. Adding an armor made of Turtle shell of even Tatou shell could do the trick, and I'm gonna change the bow for a staff! I'm gonna modify the swamp a bit more tonight, adding more lienn ( not too sure if thats how we call this :P) I'm gonna make his wife on the left , instead of making her wave, make her looks worried!

That should do the trick, over the next few days, I'll refine this concept a bit more, and then start making my character sheets and so on!

Thanks again for the tips guy's, its apreciated!

Cheers ;)
Jonny

rasamaya
03-09-2006, 02:31 AM
THis is a great concept. What happen to the queens son?
As great as this challenge is, very amazing, it can still be difficult to tell what this journey will be. I lucked out, because a lot of people know my story, but some dont so I still need to make it more clear.

Good Luck!

Tigrenka
03-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Very interesting idea, good luck :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.