PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: mark jenkins

mark-jenkins
02-28-2006, 09:55 AM
mark jenkins has entered "The Journey Begins Challenge (2D)".

mark-jenkins
02-28-2006, 10:01 AM
This is a great challenge, lots of scope for different interpretations. I am hoping that I will be able to actually see this through to the end. I haven't actually taken part in a challenge before, but I have enjoyed watching the past few. It's about time I had a go myself. I am now going off to put my thinking cap on! Good luck everyone. Enjoy!!

mark-jenkins
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I haven't got time to sketch right now but I am still thinking of ideas.

My first idea is based on the poor monkey that the Russians blasted into space to test their rocket. I am going to have to do a bit of research on the subject first but I like the idea of doing a humourous piece that shows the nervous looking monkey in a space suit saying fairwell to his proud parents and well wishers with the rocket and starry night sky in the background.

duddlebug
02-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey Mark... 'Great Minds' indeedy... and a groovy idea from both of us! :)

I may not go with the chimp idea but i did a chimp on a little asteroid as a Spectacular rough and it's been bugging me since. I even bought a domain name for him. So it seems a good excuse to visualise a load of gumpf in my head. But then i may save it for another contest... teehee...

But we can both go with similar ideas and i'm sure they'll come out all different in the end! And i reckon there'll be loads of similar concepts and crossovers in this contest...

Whatever you do, Here's the best of luck!

mark-jenkins
02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Jonny,
Thanks for the reply, yeah I suppose you are right, there are bound to be similar themes. I just didn't want to get disqualified for plagerism (if that is how you spell it!) Anyway while reading up on t'internet about animals being shot into space I discovered that Americans sent chimps into space and the first Russian animal in space was a dog so there is plenty of room for different interpretations. Good luck with your entry and thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Rebeccak
03-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Hihi MarcoJ, good luck! :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 01:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.