Gunilla
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
let me know what you guys think of

Swedish birds says "kvidde-vitt" :thumbsup:

All together now: "kvidde-vitt" "kvidde-vitt" "kvidde-vitt"

DimitrisLiatsos
03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Rebecca Hehehehe... :)

Stephane ...nice work man...i like the way u handle hair in this ...

funkyboss
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
OOoh man... what a great work!
Very good posing, natural stance.
Hairs are coming well, but i'll wait next WIP to crits that:D
Her expression is very convincing too.
A masterpiece is cooooooming wehaaaa!
:thumbsup:
More wips more wips more wips more wips!!!

authentic
03-23-2006, 03:26 PM
That pose is really excellent I think. I've got a little crit about something we haven't done before, her teeth look really... bizarre, kinda like bad teeth and as she's a beautiful girl, it's a little disturbing.

stavrevstefan
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Zapan

if u know the link to the thread with the hair tutorial please send it here,cause i am searchin for hair but lot of things come out.In mean time i will search but if u remember where the thread is please let me know...

And sorry for interupting like this...Wish u best

makaron
03-23-2006, 04:02 PM
"kvidde-vitt" "kvidde-vitt" "kvidde-vitt"
and that pose is great... :thumbsup: looking as good as peanuts taste...
funny this hari-do. maybe the latest elf-fasion.. you can do 3 punk-elfs :p

Elendil_le_Grand
03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Génial .... :)

Zapan
03-23-2006, 04:08 PM
@ Rebecca : Wahahahaha :scream: ... kcc ? new day name ? ... mmh what could it mean .... :curious: :D

@ Gunilla : dammit ! .... can't find any swedish -french translation ... :banghead: :D

@ DimitrisLiatsos : thx a lot Dimi !

@ funkyboss : thx a lot Carl !

@ authentic : Thx a lot Vincent ! ... ahah , yeah , something bothered me too ... I have to check this ...

@ stavrevstefan : Well apparently the thread is down but I found another thread where maps are shown ... Here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=268961&page=3&pp=15) ... I only hope Reiv won't mind ... btw goldmine thread ... thx to him !

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ makaron : dammit !! I have no idea what this means ... but that's funny word :scream:

@ Elendil_le_grand : Thx a lot Nico !

Vedic-kings
03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Amazing!.....amazing!

She looks so alive already and she has no textures yet!

Keep giving us update! :thumbsup:

tuck
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Wow! your face expression is very awesome.:applause: :D

SweD
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
what the mmppffh...you're really a great modeler/rigger ! this entrie is really impressive.
You've catched the feeling, it make no doubt !

and no textured yet...:cry: :scream:

coochaki
03-23-2006, 05:00 PM
wow...:eek:
great man!I love it!
very nice face.
looking for more... .. .

Poonks
03-23-2006, 06:43 PM
You rock my friend :buttrock:

Really nice posing, she looks soooo angry...great expression too!! Buuuutttt... i think the ears seems a little too flat and the teeth looks like "vampire's teeth"... but it's just my opinion...

Keep it up! :bounce:

RenBoW
03-23-2006, 07:27 PM
:bounce:Great stuff...Great modelling...wat can i say?Keep it up!!!:thumbsup:

rattlesnake
03-23-2006, 11:48 PM
man the hair test really works !..the color and shines is very cool..she dont look like gollum mate..theres no way ,she still beauty:thumbsup:, nice nice update!

Cleveland
03-24-2006, 01:09 AM
this last pose is just great. the emotion on her face reads clearly. don't really have anything to crit. i'm avoiding pose deformations by putting them all off until later. think its going to end in tears for me. but you'll be fine, i can tell.

cleveland

shakes
03-24-2006, 02:24 AM
fantastic Zapan..you're spoiling us! brilliant face and expression. just a question out of interst- do you morph the pose, then lock it in the pose and make minor modelling tweaks? Or do you keep it fully rigged?

se7enthcin
03-24-2006, 02:53 AM
To expand on what shakes said. There's no reason to keep it fully rigged if you are just going to use her for this competition, however it might be a shame to do just that. There is always time to re-rig her properly some other time as well. I say delete the rig and manipulate manually or go into zbrush to manipulate the parts that are deformed.

But it doesn't look half bad. Not too many visible deformations. :)

MichaelZHsee
03-24-2006, 04:13 AM
awesome!in my eyes,this is a winning piece of work,so much character in it:thumbsup:

antone-m
03-24-2006, 04:53 AM
waiting for the hair lol

Schun
03-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Waow :eek:
the 2nd elf is better than the 1st ... if it's possible ! ^^
You model exactly the kind of girl I love :D ... (so, i love elf girl :shrug: ...)
élancée, un visage bien rempli mais allongé, un corps de rêve et
une hatitude qui prouve qu'elles en ont dans la caboche

I think I'll soon find my future desktop with your final image !
your modeling, rigging, and also your rythm are amazing !

Just a little remark, like Poonks about the teeth, I have a strange feeling too
mais bon, c'est vraiment histoire de faire une remarque lol

bonne contin' !

Lemog
03-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Waow :eek:
the 2nd elf is better than the 1st ... if it's possible ! ^^
You model exactly the kind of girl I love :D ... (so, i love elf girl :shrug: ...)
élancée, un visage bien rempli mais allongé, un corps de rêve et
une hatitude qui prouve qu'elles en ont dans la caboche
hahaha... very Chris... in fact, to resume... exactly what we want all... but exactly what we haven't... :scream: hahaha... for sure, that will make my day... mdr+lol

daWinky
03-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Morning Stéph!

...I'm a little speechless seeing your last update, this is just great:bounce: !!
I can imagine the problems with the deformation, but I'm sure you'll fix this ...the test with the hair shader is already impressive:thumbsup: ...so good work here...can't wait to see more:) !

-sabrina

Schun
03-24-2006, 07:00 AM
hahaha... very Chris... in fact, to resume... exactly what we want all... but exactly what we haven't... :scream: hahaha... for sure, that will make my day... mdr+lol

hi hi hi
You are wrong Laurent, I found her in last december ! :D

(what is right, is that after several week, she said me she
couldn't continue the story ... arf ... so, not as wrong as I said ... mouarf :shrug: )

But if it was so easy, it cannot be interesting :D

sorry for the spoilution Zapan -->

jddog
03-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't have much to say... I sit here and watch your models ! Wonderfuls ones... Bravo, c'est un superbe travail...

Julien

agou
03-24-2006, 09:24 AM
waow, it's a wonderful work!!! And there's a lot of guys who are in love with them...it's Charlie's angels, no Charlie's elves in fact! :D
But I'm part of the elf-fanclub for sure!

Continue,continue!!!

:bounce:

vader
03-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi Stéphane,
excellent model, no critics. :buttrock:

DaddyMack
03-24-2006, 11:59 AM
OK... Wellll... Look who's hitting their strengths here... WOW!:eek: and big time YOINKS!!! ZAPAN, I can see you taking this a really long way in the coming weeks and I'll deeply enjoy watching it unfold... Good luck;)

Zapan
03-24-2006, 02:38 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143211130_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143211130_large.jpg)

Hi all !

Not a real update , but just to show to a little korean bird the whole haircut ... huhu ...

I will probably add more plans , it will depends of the final framing ...

Ok texture time now ...

let me know what you guys think of

cheers ,

-Zapan

ps : btw in her right hand she 's holding a torn piece of their clan's banner ...

coochaki
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
great man .really great.:bounce:
nice pose.i love it very muchhhh... .. .
looking forvard to texturing , it will be great!... ..
good luck.

Rebeccak
03-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Steph: Not a real update , but just to show to a little korean bird the whole haircut ... huhu ...
LOL *tweet* oops! :eek: :D Great to see she is not suffering from alopecia, Steph! :scream:
No, but seriously this is amazing, beautiful work! The pose is so naturalistic, it looks effortless! No snailing for you! :bounce:

Chears, :)

~"Beckie" *hands over tiara* :scream:

ChewyPixels
03-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Sheesh...this is looking too good! It's going to be hard to compete against this. :)

I'll be dropping in every now and then to see your progress. Keep rockin'!

BobbEr
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Great model and pose! :thumbsup: Keep it up!

P.S. Hairs looks very cool!

Zapan
03-24-2006, 03:01 PM
@ Vedic-kings : Thx a lot Josh !

@ tuck : Thx a lot mate !!

@ Swed : Thx a lot Cyril , ahah , that's the last update without textures , I promise ... ;)

@ coochaki : thx a lot Mohammad !

@ Poonks : Thx a lot my friend ! right I'm gonna check these areas !

@ RenBow : Thx a lot Mate !

@ Rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge !!

@ Cleveland : Thx a Cleveland !!

@ Shakes : Thx a lot John , well I've become a real maniac of the multiple backup files ... I rigged the whole model , get the pose and then deleted the bones to tweak all parts separatly by hands ... a real pain !! I wish I could do a complex and yet clean rigging but I have to deal with the word tweaking for now !!

@ se7enthcin : yes , totally right , besides I'm a little ashamed to say that my models are really not optimized to rigging and animation ... lot of crazy faces cutting in the cloth and stuff ... I was almsot thinking to make her directly in pose but maybe I'm gonna reuse these models for some others images later so ....

@ MichaelZHsee : Thx a lot my friend !! really appreciate your support Michael !

@ thebest : lol !

@ Schun : ahaha , thx a lot ! Glad you like her !

@ Lemog : ahahah :scream: ... so true ... unfortunately

@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabie !!

@ jddog : Hey Julien !!! Thx a lot , glad you like the work and you keep following this !

@ agou : Hiya Sophie !! Thx a lot !!

@ vader : Thx a lot !!

@ DaddyMack : And yoinks thanks Dadda :scream: :bounce:

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ coochaki : thx a lot ... again :)

@ Rebecca : tweet... tweet :scream: ... Thx a lot Beckie *hugs* ... I got a tiara too ...w00t :bounce:

@ Jedi-Juice : Thx a lot mate , you're welcome here anytime !

@ Bobber : Thx a lor Roman !

daWinky
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey Stéph!

You're exceeding yourself with this:eek: , outstanding work:thumbsup:
...no crits, no advice, I'm just impressed:) !

-sabrina

monsitj
03-24-2006, 03:35 PM
yet another nice update dude! nothing to crits , your modeling skill is top! keep goin ! :thumbsup:

alancamara
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Fantastic update my friend no crits too

Alan

Nothingness
03-24-2006, 03:55 PM
this just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter.

I'm a bit on a slump right now but after 1 day of work i got about 9 days to speed up my progress.

Hope to here some more crits then.

cheers

gpepper
03-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Putain, c'est même pas drôle !

Nothingness
03-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Putain, c'est même pas drôle !

is this to me?
cause i understand french!!

Gunilla
03-24-2006, 04:17 PM
What? No bowl haircut? :surprised

She's looking fine anyway - as other have said, the pose is great - very natural. And the face expression so alive even before texturing. You're doing just great here :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
03-24-2006, 04:36 PM
man i really like the hair..good job there!..no crits at all, i find this character flawless

AIR
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Talking about detailing,hmmm.
Man,cant wait to see more of it.
We got two months now,,its now or never. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GI-JOe2k
03-24-2006, 07:33 PM
just wow my friend! amnazing job ! keeeeeeeeeep it up! ;)

Vadonia
03-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Very nice job ! and i do like it!!

shakes
03-24-2006, 08:54 PM
@ Shakes : Thx a lot John , well I've become a real maniac of the multiple backup files ... I rigged the whole model , get the pose and then deleted the bones to tweak all parts separatly by hands ... a real pain !! I wish I could do a complex and yet clean rigging but I have to deal with the word tweaking for now !!

heh..glad you say that..exactly how I do it! I agree, I'd love to get the rigging 100%, but often for stills it's alot quicker doing it this way.
I'm speechless, yet again, at your modelling and character design-brilliant!

antone-m
03-25-2006, 06:03 AM
coool hair waiting for moooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee

se7enthcin
03-25-2006, 08:40 AM
@ se7enthcin : yes , totally right , besides I'm a little ashamed to say that my models are really not optimized to rigging and animation ... lot of crazy faces cutting in the cloth and stuff ... I was almsot thinking to make her directly in pose but maybe I'm gonna reuse these models for some others images later so ....

It's nice to leave your options open. I debated that same thing with my character as well. I thought about modeling him in his pose but I thought it be better to leave my options open. :cool:

Keep moving forward! I love the update!

nelsonteixeira
03-25-2006, 05:38 PM
You work is awsome... the only thing that bothers me, and I know it´s just a preference of mine, is the size of the ears, it looks something evil to me, I preferer the size they used in LOTR.

Zapan
03-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey friends !

@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabie !! :)

@ monsitj : Hey Monsit , always so great to have a comment from you , thx a lot my friend for your kind words !!

@ alancamara : Thx a lot Alan !!

@ Nothingness : Thx a lot man , sure , I will follow your steps of course , and I will try to C&C as much as I can ... cheers , oh and I'm really sure the gpepper's comment wasn't for you ;)

@ gpepper : ahahaha , thx a lot Gilles !

@ Gunilla : Thx a lot my dear Gunie ... do you really think a bowlcut would suit her ? she 's not looking asian enough me think :) ...

@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge ... ahah I perfected the art of hiding ugliest areas under other things ahaha ...

@ damirg : Hey Damir , thx a lot mate , great to know you like it ... btw what happened to your AIR nick ? I wasn't sure it was you at the first read :)

@ GI-JOe2k : Hey Joe , what's up my friend ? thx a lot , and it's great to see you :thumbsup:

@ Vadonia : Thx a lot mate !!

@ shakes : aha , thx a lot John for all the compliments ...

@ thebest : Thx Tony !

@ se7enthcin : Thx man , yup that's the idea ... unfortunately , I had to rework some areas to correct the pose , so if I reuse the model , I will only have the mesh without unwrapping and textures and such ... bah whatever ... :shrug: :)

@ nelsonteixeira : Thx a lot , yeah I had some thoughts about it at first ... but even if I'm a really huge LOTR fan , it's pretty much too realistic kinda style for this picture ... I tried to find a comics kind of look for the whole design and I would say that the long sharped ears works better for it ... I checked Blizzard or GamesWorkshop artworks and they have even longer ears tho .... bah , personal tastes I guess ...:)

Ok I've unwrapped the first chick today , so I guess I'm ready to start painting , if things are going well , I believe you'll see the textured version of her in approximatively sixteen years ...
oh well ... :argh:

I would like to thank again you all for this splendid support you're all giving to me on this project and one more time , I really hope I won't disappoint you for the next ... I'll try to update as soon as possible ... You guys rock !

Have a great weekend everyone ! :wavey:

cheers , ... and w00t

-Zapan

Rebeccak
03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Hehe, I still think it looks like she's shouting, "Hey Steph! I asked for Leather, not Pleather! What's an elf got to do to get a little quality clothing around here! Bah!!" :scream:

Erm...carry on...:blush: :D

~"Beckie"

Zapan
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
:scream: :scream: :scream: ....

you think she need more cloth ? ... knit , good women , knit ,knit :scream:

Rebeccak
03-25-2006, 10:27 PM
It's not what I want, Steph. It's about the elf. :wise: :scream:

Chears!

makaron
03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
knit leather? :p naaa.. Zapan... I have a better idea... a big, warm furcoat... :D

Zapan
03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Me vs all the ladies :scream:

I swear , right after the challenge , I'll take them 3 to shopping ... you girls want to come with us ?

A little help you guys here ? :D

makaron
03-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I swear , right after the challenge , I'll take them 3 to shopping ... you girls want to come with us ?

:D

well I guess we have to, in order to get them some clothes... If you take them shopping they just come home with leopardbikinis and that for wintertime clothes... or? :p

Rebeccak
03-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I agree, Mona, Elf thongs are so 2001! :rolleyes: :scream: BTW, Steph, what do snails wear? Snail thongs? :scream:

Vedic-kings
03-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Looking real good man! :thumbsup:

ChrisD01
03-26-2006, 07:41 AM
only one thing, absolutely fantastic :eek:

antone-m
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
poor steph:twisted: he is alone vs all the ladies:eek: hope u will be still alive :wise: after the challenge lol :bounce:

monks
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
hey zapan,

very good work here...as usual ! nice posing, i really like her hairs and her expression.

CharlesVarenne
03-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Wow your modelling look great. i really like the pose and all the details. Thats nice. :buttrock:

I am wondering. How did youd do the hair?? It looks like spline hair (like Shag hair or shave hair cut or whatever...), but on your pic you can c clearly that it is model hair. Or perhaps a mix of both?

Gunilla
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Me vs all the ladies :scream:

Sure, I'd like to go where they get there jewelry. Umm, and I can show them where to get some good shoes for running in the woods :rolleyes:

OK - I know, I'm a day late to jump on that joke but what can I do? Can't miss a ladies gang meeting, right? :D

Oh - and I hope you had a pleasant UnWrapping :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
@ makaron : Elves are always hot ... yep :wise:

@ Rebecca : so we are talking about fashion here ? or is it just about old ladies underpants ? :scream: ... and snails doesn't wear anything otherwise they can't move ... we should never talk about that again :scream: ...

@ Vedic-kings : thx a lot Josh !!

@ ChrisD01 : thx a lot Christophe :bowdown:

@ thebest : it's getting worse ... and worse , I'm scared :D

@ monks : Thx a lot Gregory !!

@ Charles-Ho : Thx a lot Charles , no no hairs are just nurbs plans mapped with alpha maps ... :) ...

@ Gunilla :
Sure, I'd like to go where they get there jewelry. Umm, and I can show them where to get some good shoes for running in the woods
ahahaha , my god women , I'm crying :scream: ...

Ok I spend my whole afternoon doing crappy tests but at least I found something nice for their jewelry , I found a way to create a sort of velvet shader based on a falloff material and mix of bump , like that it seems way more comfortable to her skin :D ... Steph, barbie dresser :scream:

cheers ,

-Zapan

tuck
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Awesome again !Can't wait to see some shaders :thumbsup:

Selina42
03-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Your model totally nails it! Absolutely sooooo impressive! Most of I'm loving her face and facial expression. So emotive! Just stunning!

ThierryS
03-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Excellent posing on a beautiful model, Steph that's so promising for what will come next! Just can't wait for more. Hurry up! haha:thumbsup: :bounce:

Lemog
03-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Et ben... j'suis sur le cul...

Very good pose... near to the perfection... I really appreciate... nothong to crit... in this case, I can only be a spectator... bravo Cadet... tu assures à donf :thumbsup:

Poonks
03-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Waouh çà déchire!! :buttrock:

Je trouve juste que les cheveux on un peu trop de volume... mais çà c'est mon avis apres hein... :shrug:
Overall it's looks really perfect, we will have a new "Ardeche's masterpiece" :p

Keep it up my friend, it's awesome!

Lemog
03-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Je trouve juste que les cheveux on un peu trop de volume... mais çà c'est mon avis apres hein... :shrug:
mais peut-être qu'elle le vaut bien ? :scream: hahahaha (la semaine commence et les conneries aussi...)

Sorry... impossible for me to translate :shrug:

Poonks
03-27-2006, 09:18 AM
mais peut-être qu'elle le vaut bien ? :scream: hahahaha (la semaine commence et les conneries aussi...)

Sorry... impossible for me to translate :shrug:

MOuahahahahaahahaha....:scream: yes u right it's really impossible to translate...

antone-m
03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
@ thebest : it's getting worse ... and worse , I'm scared :D

oh God be with u :D

Zapan
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143493743_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143493743_large.jpg)

Hi all !

Here's the first test for the textures ...
Don't pay attention to the very early skin shader , I just dropped the basic sss skinshader from maya to see the global color balance ...

err... at least it's a start ...

Let me know what you guys think of .

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
03-27-2006, 09:19 PM
@ tuck : ahahah , thx a lot mate , but now I'm scared :scream: ...

@ Selina42 : thx a lot Selina for all these kind words !

@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry .... I'm hurry I swear ... almost as fast as a snail could be :D

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent , but you know me , that's now the moment when things are becoming tricky to me :argh: :)

@ Poonks : thx Da Poonks ! ... in fact there is a hood in her back so that's why hairs have so much volume ... well I 'll check that on the final framing to fix weird things ...

@ Lemog , poonks : ahahahaha , french spam session .... vindjuuuuuu :scream:

@ thebest : I'm afraid that even god won't be able to do something against these girls .... wait did I say that loud ? :scream:

cheers everyone,

-Zapan

soapy
03-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Nice progress on the model! The textures are really starting to bring her to life. The pose and expression are very natural. Splendid model. cheers.

Rebeccak
03-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Sweet, Steph! I like the muted reds and greens. Who says Elves don't have pizzazz? :D

(Beats the granny underwear, too, methinks!) :thumbsup:

~"Beckie"

rattlesnake
03-28-2006, 01:24 AM
man ..honestly i find this perfect..once update the skin material she will be gorgeous!

the other textures are very cool...gogogo! friend..youre rockin tha house:applause:

daWinky
03-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Morning Stéph!

It seems that nothing can stop you now!:eek:
Not a lot of words necessary for your update...it's just...great:thumbsup: !

-sabrina

stavrevstefan
03-28-2006, 05:40 AM
It is wonderfull...

I can't crutiqe anything cause i know that u will make textures more detailed ...

So i will wait for next update

By the way, how will u texture the skin ? maybe zbrush?

Good luck bro and keep it up

makaron
03-28-2006, 05:50 AM
hej Zapan. and see looks little more dressed now when the cloths have colors. I give you that ;) and seems like you of to a good start, nice colors you choosen... :applause: it it the pale green that you will change on next elf? or the all the dresscolor? Nyark...

antone-m
03-28-2006, 06:06 AM
@ thebest : I'm afraid that even god won't be able to do something against these girls .... wait did I say that loud ? :scream:

ahm ahm now to work :p I feel that something strange in her expression u know she is opening her
mouth but her cheeks look flat look at this pic
http://www.jockmcdonald.com/images/stock/location/kids/medium/laugh.jpg
"she is laughing but I think it works "

Gunilla
03-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Oh yes, very nice, harmonic colorset :love:
Looks really well, and to have something to suggest...if you want to add a detail, maybe some tiny blue pearls or something, for contrast?
Can't wait to see them all together now, are you going to name them after your fangirls? :rolleyes: :D

Hahaha, you're really asking for it, aren't you? :twisted:

flaeticia
03-28-2006, 06:59 AM
excelent !
I love the fabrics shader which it carries well I think !

gogogo ;)

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

antone-m
03-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Hahaha, you're really asking for it, aren't you? :twisted:
oh boy u got ur self trouple here steph :bounce:

Elendil_le_Grand
03-28-2006, 07:32 AM
It's really great :)

Versiden
03-28-2006, 07:52 AM
looking good, save for the hair - looking a bit wispy and the ends

your updates are coming along nicely, looking fwd to more

ThierryS
03-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Very nice colours and textures Steph!! Yeah, just a quick touch up on these hair!

Zapan
03-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Morning friends !! :)

@ soapy : Thx a lot Jim , glad uou like the model !!

@ Rebecca : whee !! :scream: thx a lot Beckie ... bah , you're talking about women as food ? :curious: ... kinky !!! ahahah... maybe that's the whole asian culture :scream:

@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge , I was all afraid about that texture step ... but now I guess I'm little relieved !! cheers , my friend !

@ daWinky : whee !! morning Sabie ! Thx a lot for the word !! ouh I saw you're taking part of the new OFDW , I will definitely follow your progress there !! yay !

@ stavrevstefan : Thx a lot , glad the model pleases you , nope , I will paint the skin texture with photoshop ... I guess...

@ makaron : Thx a lot Mon' , yay , I'm happy you girls like the colorset ... I was kind worried about it .... mmh for the others , I think I will keep the brown leather and the pale green ... but I will change the whole gold thing and also the red parts ....

@ thebest : yep I had that feeling too ... I have to fix that ... thx man !

@ Gunilla : Thx a lot Gunie !! Blue pearls ? , ouh yeah sounds great !! mmh I have to make some tests of it ... where could I add them ? ... maybe on her armor parts ...
Fangirls ? Do I have some ? You think one of these elve could wear your name ? Does it mean you like elves now ? :scream:

@ flaeticia : Thx a lot Laeticia !! :bounce:

@ Elendil_le_Grand :Thx a lot Nico , glad you like her :)

@ Versiden : Hey Martin ! Thx a lot , yeah I noticed that about hairs... I usely double maps to prevent that issue ... Well I will be careful of that on the final framing , thx a lot for dropping by ! :)

cheers everyone ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ thierry2005 : Ah yes , thx a lot Thierry ... yeah I have to fix the hairs :bounce:

jddog
03-28-2006, 09:13 AM
wow, il est ouf stéphane... dit donc... is simply wonderful what you are doing here... i continue to follow your steps ;)
jdd

adonihs
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
cool model so far, good luck man!

Lemog
03-28-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm totally with you Cadet... your art comes to be great... great skills... I can't wait to see the next step... I'm sure for this challenge you will be able to explose the high scores... :thumbsup:

kfc
03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Zapan,
u are unstoppable.
:banghead:

makaron
03-28-2006, 11:47 AM
gunelf, beckelf and sabelf :p yeah Zapan... there you have name on the bunch... and about the blue pearls... that would boost the look I think...

nyark and peanuts... :bounce:

stavrevstefan
03-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Zapan how old are you man?

You r really good...

Lemog
03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Zapan how old are you man?

You r really good...
Hahaha... do you really feel that Zapan is very old ? :scream: :thumbsup: mmmhh...

SONIC-X
03-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey there Master of Elve Maiden Modelling (MEMM)

I have been so busy with work that Ihave mist abit here.

The texturing is looking great.You are doing a great job,keep it up.

Cheers Corrie

stavrevstefan
03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Lemog , so how old is he?

hehe

Zapan
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
@ jddog : Hey , Julien !! :bounce:
Merci Beaucoup , so happy to hear you're still following this !

@ adonihs : Thx a lot , and good luck to you too !

@ Lemog : Thx a lot sir Lemog :) , I'll try to do my best !

@ kfc : ahaha , thx a lot ! cheers :thumbsup:

@ makaron : ahaha , well all goo but there is one missing isn't ? an little Monelf :) right next the snail ...

@ SONIC-X : MEMM ? ahahaha :scream: .... thx a lot Corrie :)

@ stavrevstefan , Lemog :

so how old is he

I'm a SHE , my real name is Stephie I'm 20 years old and I'm Rebeccak little sister....:scream:
nah kidding , I'm a he , 25 years old (http://zapan.cgsociety.org/about/) ... I don't know if it's a good or bad news for you or me or anyone :curious:
:scream:

cheers ,

-Zapan

Poonks
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
SHE[/b] , my real name is Stephie I'm 20 years old and I'm Rebeccak little sister....:scream:
nah kidding , I'm a he , 25 years old (http://zapan.cgsociety.org/about/) ... I don't know if it's a good or bad news for you or me or anyone :curious:
:scream:

Muahahahahaahahaha...cgtalk or the new "Meetic" :thumbsup:
25 years, not very tall, "ardechois" and a big "meche" <--(say to me that you didn't cut it :scream: )

Seriously... I like the last update i'm waiting to see the next with good sss map :thumbsup:
So kkeeeepppp iiitttt uuuuppppp grand father :buttrock:

Rebeccak
03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Steph: I'm a SHE , my real name is Stephie I'm 20 years old and I'm Rebeccak little sister....:scream:
I can hear you!!! :scream: Are you calling me old? :scream: :curious: :scream: :curious: Wait, wait, I have this great picture from when we were young...:twisted:

~"Beckie" *the walls have ears*

makaron
03-28-2006, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Zapan@ makaron : ahaha , well all goo but there is one missing isn't ? an little Monelf :) right next the snail ... [/QUOTE]

hehe... and Monelf in that famous leopardbikini I guess... :beer: nyark...
BTW, what are you gonna change in the goldpart. the gold or the parts?

Zapan
03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
@ Poonks : nah nah , I grew since the last time , now I'm 1,90m tall with blond hairs :D
I've got some issues to setup the sss shader correctly , but I think I'm getting closer everyday :banghead: :)

@ Rebecca :

Wait, wait, I have this great picture from when we were young...

you mean the one when we were at beach , and I burried your legs in the sand ... *whistles*

@ makaron :
BTW, what are you gonna change in the goldpart. the gold or the parts?
aaaaaahahahaha :scream: .... I don't know why but I can't stop laughing on that sentence :scream: ...
well the blue ell will have sliver instead gold on her armor parts ... and the green one .... I don't know yet ... well I'll see when I'll make her :argh: sooo much left to do ...

I really should get back to work a little....

chears/eers everyone ,

-StephieK :scream:

makaron
03-28-2006, 06:34 PM
well the blue ell will have sliver instead gold on her armor parts ... and the green one .... I don't know yet ... well I'll see when I'll make her :argh: sooo much left to do ...

it hard work to design clothes for girls... nyark :p and how about some shade of bronze for the green one... i think that would be nice :)

drummer
03-28-2006, 07:38 PM
cool hair style :)
great work so far ! keep it up :thumbsup:
see ya in the challenge

dagann
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow very impressive.

I love your style! :)

medunecer
03-28-2006, 09:03 PM
So sweet!Yesss!I love this girl...Stéphane, my friend, can I ask you something? Can you post a closeup of her?...Thanks a lot!

centurionit
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Your model is very impressive, it seems like she is moving...Good:thumbsup:

I followed your work from the start, and you wip is beautifull!!!
Go on...I'm curious!!
Good luck for the challenge!!!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330707&page=1&pp=15

DimitrisLiatsos
03-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Nyaaaark...u are moving very fast....i like her very much....i don't crit anything cuase i know u will fix more stuff on next update...arghhh ...nyaaark...i hate ya :beer:.

dannyfalch
03-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Excellent progress!

Very good charactors!
and dead sexy aswell, he he

shakes
03-29-2006, 05:16 AM
looking brilliant so far..great to see some colour on her!

icedeyes
03-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I love her expression... very very nice work... and the model is looking excelent too.

Nothingness
03-29-2006, 03:38 PM
hey zapan,

great looking pose you got there. Only crit i got is about the hair. About the specularity of it. At some places it looks like it's a sollid shape so it gets a bit a fake feeling. Don't know how to fix this since i never done it before :argh:

cheers

Zapan
03-29-2006, 04:01 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143648095_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143648095_large.jpg)

Hi friends !!

Here's a closeup of her face to see the skin shader results ...
I'm still tweaking the skin tones , but it's quite hard to figure it out without being ok with the final lighting .... So I guess I'm gonna leave it like this for while and move to another character ... and then start working on the environnement ... pheww...

Btw : in this one , I doubled the forehead hairs maps to prevent the whisp effect of the hairs ... hope it's better ...

Let me know what you guys think of

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
@ makaron : tell me about it ... thx Mon' , bronze suggestion sounds great ... will make tests for it ...

@ drummer : Thx a lot man !!

@ dagann : Thx a lot !!

@ medunecer : Hey thx a lot Marco , here's a face closeup , hope you like it !!

@ centurionit : Thx a lot mate !! best wishes for you too !

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Yoinks !! I think It's the first time , I feel so happy when someone's saying he hates me :scream: ...

@ dannyfalch : Thx a lot Danny !

@ shakes : Thx a lot John !!

@ icedeyes : Thx a lot mate !!

@ Nothingness : Thx a lot mate , yep you're right , still struggling with that ... well I hope I'm gonna make that right according to the final framing and lighting !! cheers mate !

cheers ,

-Zapan

][ndy
03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
This is awesome! Still nothing negative to crit!
Except her eyebrow, there seems to be a kind of knot in it.

Can't wait to see another character!

Nomad
03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Great texturing :thumbsup:

Good luck in the next parts :bounce:

megabytes2004
03-29-2006, 04:50 PM
great work, love the detail. nice texture and i love the hair. great work!!!

Cheers!!!
megabytes2004

Lemog
03-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Your skin shader appear already very pleasant... and I like much hairs too... that make me think a little bit to those I do for my Knowledge Angel... cool update Cadet :thumbsup:

makaron
03-29-2006, 05:30 PM
later on you can try this...nyark... maybe some wind in her hair would look nice... just a touch of it... then all that fullness in her hair have a reason :)

medunecer
03-29-2006, 05:39 PM
so fine!!! Thaks!

NEOCAPTORX
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Wow, nice skin i love :cool:

antone-m
03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
nice updates keep going

BobbEr
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey, Zapan! Cool character here! I like shading and her face expression! :thumbsup:

Poonks
03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Yoyoyoyoyo nice update my friend :thumbsup:

La forme de la bouche me derange un peu... l'ouverture forme un "U" alors qu'en vrai quand tu ouvres la bouche çà ressemble plus a un "V"...et il manque un peu de couches de cheveux a mon avis

The skin shader is great but i will see more red color on her ears...

Can't wait to see more!

flaeticia
03-30-2006, 06:35 AM
hey cadet !!!

very good work !
your work on the lips as well as the texture of the skin leaves me... how to say :D dreamy :p

excellent work ;)

Gunilla
03-30-2006, 06:38 AM
I totally agree with the rest here... her skin is already working very well, beautiful!
And now, let's see some green elves :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-30-2006, 07:23 AM
@ ][ndy :Thx a lot , very pleased you like it ! yep , something 's weird in her opacity eyebrow ... it's probably due to the highlight above her head ... will fix that thx !

@ Nomad : Thx a lot !

@ megabytes2004 : Thx a lot !

@ Lemog : Merci beaucoup sir Lemog !! yep the color is quite the same ... I was up for a more blond hair , but finally these work pretty well like this ... me think ... :)

@ makaron: wheeep ! yeah I thought about adding some wind , but I don't know yet how strong it could be on the comp ... food for thoughts :) ...

@ medunecer : aaaaahh great Marco !!

@ NEOCAPTORX : Thx a lot !!

@ thebest : Thx a lot !

@ BobbEr : Hey Roman , thx a lot mate !!

@ Poonks : Yoyoyo , you're right for the mouth shape I have to fix that ... for the hair I'm gonna wait to find the right angle of view before adding more maps (le temps de rendu devient lourd avec les maps , donc je vais essayer d'économiser la dessus) ... For the ears Yep I agree , for color contrast would be better ... Thx my friend for crits ! $

@ flaeticia : And she keep calling me cadet !! :scream: ... de qui se moque t'on ici :scream: ...
Thx a lot Laeticia ... I've got a special lipstick for these lips :D

@ Gunilla : Hej Gunilla ! thx a lot , Yep green elves are on the way ... actually the next one will pretty much blue tho :)

I started the textures on the second elf yesterday , maybe I will able to show something tonight ! ... Thx a again everyone !! Have agreat day all !

cheers ,

-Zapan

coochaki
03-30-2006, 07:29 AM
really nice shader!:thumbsup:
do you want to add more details on it?
looking forward... .. .

AIR
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Great model man.
and the textures coming along really great.
But the ear hole,where did it disapeared.?

NACL
03-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Great update. I personally just love the eye and the facial. You did a nice one there, Zapan. :thumbsup:

MichaelZHsee
03-30-2006, 09:53 AM
nice going zapan~just a lil nitpick,i think her eyelashes is alil too long around the end of her eyelid.otherwise,its :thumbsup::thumbsup:

freddylierman
03-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Been following this one for a while now :)
great progress on the character.
Good modeling and the pose looks great aswell.

Good job so far on the texturing aswell.
Keeping my eye on this one :p

Zapan
03-30-2006, 08:55 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143752141_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143752141_large.jpg)

Hi all !

Just the haircut setup ...
Like the previous elf , more maps should be added depending on the final framing ...

Let me know what you guys think of !

cheers ,

-Zapan

Womgoose
03-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Let me know what you guys think of !

cheers ,

-Zapan

I think it is stunning.
Does that help... probably not but I can't crit work so good :(

Zapan
03-30-2006, 09:01 PM
@ coochaki : Thx a lot Mohammad ... yep more details are planned ... but I must manage the time left ... so much stuff are still on the way in a short time... it scares me a little ...

@ AIRz : Hey Damir , thx a lot mate , ahahah , no no , the ear hole is still here , except it's slightly hidden behind the hair ... you find it weird we don't see it on the current view ?

@ NACL : Thx a lot mate !!

@ MichaelZHsee : Thx a lot Micheal , feel really happy you're following this , many thx my friend ! ahah , yeah I noticed that too ... it looks like Barbie's eyelashes ... :scream: ... I'll fix it !

@ Frederic L. : Thx a lot mate !!

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ Womgoose : ahaha , thx a lot always appreciate those kind words :)

Nothingness
03-30-2006, 09:10 PM
hey zapan!

the hair looks great. Seems your progress is comming fast.

some crits on the hair: it looks a bit to transparent. Like there is not enough hair.
Maybe at the end you can also try to get some more dence locks of hair. At the top the same i think. It's rather difficult to exlain, but it's how i think you could even take this further.

i was also wondering if you could exlain me a bit how you actualy do the hair :blush: ?
maybe a bit on what you actually do in photoshop or whatever you paint them in. :blush:

could be great. When i finish my modeling i'll need to do this too.

cheers

rasamaya
03-30-2006, 09:23 PM
wow, this monster post keeps growing.

Fantastico! Only C&C is her armpits, it doesnt look right, but perhaps you have plans to fix it with bump wrinkles and textures. Thats it. Good Luck to you Master Zapan!

Elendil_le_Grand
03-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Wow really good again :)

shakes
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
awesome Zapan..the hair looks great and I love the pose!

Poonks
03-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Awesome my friend YOU ROCK!!!

Par contre le violet je suis pas fan du tout... j'espere que c'est pas définitif.. :shrug:

Nothing to create for the moment... hope to see the composition with this beautiful elves soon :thumbsup:
So stop spamming every threads and go to work :scream:

Nothingness
03-30-2006, 09:46 PM
So stop spamming every threads and go to work :scream:

spamming could be his work :scream: :argh: :twisted:

][ndy
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Stunning!
I really like the haircolor and the pose.
Sad and beautiful at the same time...

se7enthcin
03-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Sweet updates so far. I'm not sure about the hair. For the amount of hair it seems that there would be more layers. Try layering more shapes! :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
03-31-2006, 02:59 AM
spamming could be his work :scream: :argh: :twisted:
pwhahahaha, very scary. came to spam a bit too!
Absolutly great work, awesome progress and great job on the hair :) keep up the great work mate, and glad you like mine too :)
keep on rocking! :buttrock:

Rebeccak
03-31-2006, 03:13 AM
I go away for a little bit, and I come back to discover more amazing elves with headaches! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:That's great, Steph! Can't wait to see more! Go go turbo snail! :bounce:

~"Beckie"

daWinky
03-31-2006, 05:57 AM
Morning Stéph!

Wow, you're really doing an amazing job with the texturing too:thumbsup: !
Absolutely nothing to crit, so I'm just here for a little cheering: GO Stéph, go go!!!:bounce:

-sabrina

flaeticia
03-31-2006, 06:12 AM
ah oué c'est awesome :D

more seriously I love the hair ! :love:
I find that splendid !
cheer !

Trop foooooort :D ;)

Gunilla
03-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Hair is looking real good and the pose is wonderful - very sensitive... I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated to not being able to give useful crits - but what can I do? You don't seem to need it :)

"amazing elves with headaches" - haha, Beckie - good one! And maybe that could be a good title for the image? :rolleyes:

Zapan
03-31-2006, 06:54 AM
@ Nothingness : Thx a lot ! Yes hairs are a bit transparent , but more plans are planned except , I have to wait to find the right camera angle before adding them , the render time is getting heavy now , so I will wait a little to add maps only where it will need ... You can find a good explaination here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=268961&page=3&pp=15) on how making poly hairs ... I'm pretty much doing the same way except , I'm using nurbs plans ... and also I'm using a ramp shader instead a diffuse map ... that's all !

spamming could be his work

ahahah , I wish :scream:

@ rasamaya : thx a lot , yes armpits are weird , but I'm not worried that much they will probably be covered by the cape are something ... In fact I find the whole chest area very empty ... I will try to find something nice to put on !

@ Elendil_le_Grand : Thx a lot Nicolas !

@ shakes : Thx a lot John !!

@ Poonks : Thx a lot Da Poonks !! non non , rien n'est vraiment définitif ... mais c'est le violet sur les armure que tu n'aime pas ou c'est dans les cheveux ? En fait je voulais un bleu nuit bien profond ... mais je me demande si mon écran est bien calibré :curious:

So stop spamming every threads and go to work

I have to ... it's kinda drugs !

@ ][ndy : Thx a lot , yes sad and beautiful , it's pretty much what I am aiming for ! :thumbsup:

@ se7enthcin : Thx a lot mate , yes , I will definitely add more of these ...

@ TheFirstAngel : wheeeee thx a lot Sacha , and many thx for taking a walk over here :)

@ Rebeccak : you did go away ? ... :curious: why... why .... I mean why did you do that ? :scream:
Thx a lot Beckie ... wheee ... :)

@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabie !! ... glad you like it !! Btw wher is your OFDW ? *whistles*

@ flaeticia : Thx a lot Laeticia !!

@ Gunilla : Thx a lot Gunie !! well I do like to hear your great advices ... and I do love your constant support ... in any case I'm just happy to see that you're still around :love: :) ...

Cheers ,

-Zapan

wesa
03-31-2006, 07:02 AM
This great work Stéphane! I really love your modells, and your shading iss nice on the last modell! Keep it up! Are rebuilding every modell from scratch or do you reuse the mesh? Impressive either way! Can't wait for more great stuff!

Lemog
03-31-2006, 07:34 AM
hmmm... very good feeling with these hairs... much respect for you Cadet... your preogress is really impressive... near... you will be able to fly alone... and other all of us :thumbsup:

Nothingness
03-31-2006, 07:37 AM
thanks for the link zapan! looks great.

funkyboss
03-31-2006, 08:51 AM
I must repeat myself but...it is a soooooooo great work mate!
And posings are very sensitive...
Can't say anything else...
Bravo bravo:applause:

FDPC
03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Yep! really good job!
J'ai hate de voir la suite!

Poonks
03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I spoke about the armor not the hair... i love her hair :love:

beelow
03-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok so I lied. I am falling behind in my 3d forum, but hopefully I can get something up soon, Nice modeling so far Steph! I am watching all the way from the states!:thumbsup:

antone-m
03-31-2006, 12:03 PM
nice hair steph keep going

Zapan
03-31-2006, 01:42 PM
@ Jonason : Thx a lot mate ! I'm actually using the same base body mesh , but after I've to cloth them and pose them differently ... maybe not the fastest way to go tho ... :shrug: Anyway , I'm glad you like it !

@ Lemog : Thx a lot master Lemog ... and no I don't want to fly alone ... J'essaye juste de battre des ailes suffisamment vite :) ...

@ Nothingness : :thumbsup:

@ funkyboss : and thx a lot Carl :bowdown:

@ FDPC : Merci beaucoup !! Glad you like it !

@ Poonks : Oh ok , That's cool then ... sure the armor parts are still on tweaking mode !!

@ beelow : aha , Thx a lot mate , well I guess you're fine considering the great work you're doing on your 2d entry :thumbsup:

@ thebest : Thx a lot !

Ok I'm gonna be off soon for the whole weekend ... :banghead: ... not even able to spam ... awfull :surprised ... But maybe it's not a bad thing to make a short break ... :rolleyes: ...
I won't ever say it enough ... thank you so much everyone , for your support and your interest ! Definitely the best fuel for me to stick me into it and trying to give my best in this ...
Getting back to work on monday ... Have a great and pleasant weekend everyone , you guys rock !

cheers ,

-Zapan

Gunilla
03-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok I'm gonna be off soon for the whole weekend ... :banghead: ... not even able to spam ...

Noooooo!! :cry::cry:

:D Have a great weekend with lots of fun, party?

Lemog
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
@ Lemog : Thx a lot master Lemog ... and no I don't want to fly alone ... J'essaye juste de battre des ailes suffisamment vite :) ...
Fais gaffe... là ça fait ventilateur... car to the fan Cadet :scream:

Ok I'm gonna be off soon for the whole weekend ... :banghead: ... not even able to spam ... awfull :surprised ... But maybe it's not a bad thing to make a short break ... :rolleyes: ...
Hahahaha... the Lemog's method ? :applause: hahaha... no PC the week-end...

Sweet break for you my friend... take the full of power so... :wavey: :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-31-2006, 01:53 PM
I hope so ... I have to think that I'm not leaving my computer for no reasons ... :D
:beer: :beer: :beer: :scream:

Have great weekend Gunie ... :)

chears ,

-Steph

EDIT :

Ahahaha , yep , maybe I could make some gardening too ... :scream: ... wait ... I never said that sentence :D

Have a great weekend Lolo

cheers ,

-Cadet

alancamara
03-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey Steph, great work on hair, no crits my friend

Alan

soapy
03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey nice work on the new elf, I like that blue velvety texture. Are you going to give these elves jewelry? I see the standing one has a headband thing. But with ears like those they could hang some serious earrings. hahah.

dagann
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Nice job Zappan.
Moreover you work very fast.

The face and the hair are beautiful.
But the the nail of the small finger (petit doigt) seems a bit too narrow (or it's because of the perspective view)

coochaki
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
hair looks great!
looking forward... .. .

antone-m
03-31-2006, 07:29 PM
oh we will miss u steph have fun

FlaminGlow
03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Zapan, this is book i can't go throw it all Stephane, very nice character you have made the hair is unique i like the way you made it. keep up:argh: .

amz23
03-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Looking great! Very nice and smooth modeling, also nice hair shader! Perhaps I'll use a similar technique for my other characters (the main one will be bald).

Can't wait to see another character different than the female elf!

Cheers =D!

nemirc
04-01-2006, 03:55 AM
hey there! I really dig the concept and I LOVE that elf woman.
Good luck ;)

dt3d
04-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi stephane, your model is really great,
I hope the last picture is not the final pose (I haven't read all the thread, sorry if you answered already about that), I want to see her really nice face in the final image :)

bon courage

mmoir
04-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey Stephane,

You have some nice characters modeled:thumbsup: and the poses look great. Great job on the hair too.

Cleveland
04-01-2006, 02:43 PM
i can't really seem to find any crits for your work, so i feel a little redundant. but here it goes: fantastic work stephane. even though her face and eyes are mostly occluded, you can really sense her emotion (or how bad her headache is;)). i love the hair too.

all the best,

cleveland

ThierryS
04-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Very nice Steph, love that hair! wish I could know how to do that. Can't crit anything sofar, sorry:shrug: ...

DaddyMack
04-01-2006, 07:35 PM
This thread makes me :cry: She's absolutely stunning Steph... It will be very interesting to see her in context later on... Congrats my friend!

BobbEr
04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Wow, Stephane! Your hairs looks very realistic! :thumbsup: You show us really superb modeling!

Zapan
04-03-2006, 02:14 PM
YAAAY !! Hi friends !! ... I'm w00ting like a crazy on my chair ! :bounce:

@ alancamara : Thx a lot my dear friend !! .... w00t !

@ soapy : Thx a lot Jim !! Yes I wish I could add many things like that , and I hope I will have some time to do that ... mmh In fact I'm gonna try to move on the global picture first , posing , background , these kind of stuff , and then if the time left permits me , then I could add extra funny thingies ... sounds good , don't you think ? ... w00t !

@ dagann : Thx a lot man , yes the pinky (je crois que c'est le bon mot) is a bit weird , I have to fix it ! ... w00t !

@ coochaki : Thx a lot Mohammad ! w00t !

@ thebest : ahaha ... I'm back ... w00t !

@ FlaminGlow : Thx a lot mate !! ... w00t !

@ amz23 : thx a lot !! except for this pictures and several futurs ones there are probably only elves females ... w00t !

@ nemirc : Hey Thx a lot Sergio !! great to see you here ! ... w00t !

@ dt3d : Thx a lot mate !! mmh actually this is the final pose but the camera angle should be a little different , but mostly like that ... I'm afraid we won't see her face more than like that ... But I'm already planning several Illustrations images about these elves (probably in a couple of weeks for the first one ) which will be focused more on the characters ... :) .... w00t !

@ mmoir : Hey Mike !! , thx a lot mate !! ... w00t !

I have to stop w00ting !

@ Cleveland : thx a lot cleveland for all these kind words !! ... w00t !

@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry !! ... w00t !

@ DaddyMack : Thx a lot Dadda !! wee ... w00t !

@ BobbEr : Thx a lot Roman !!! ... w00t !

Today is a w00t day for me ... finally I've got some time to spam all of your threads ... apparently I missed lot of things these days ... lot to catch up ! and tonight I will be able to get back to the elves, gonna start the environnement ... I really have to put the second gear ... w00t again !

Have a w00t day everyone !!

cheers ,

-Steph ... no more coffee for me ...

SONIC-X
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I looked at the last two renders that i have mist and it is realy awesome work.The elve maidens are looking great,keep it up dude.

rattlesnake
04-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Hello friend..i just saw your latest hair update...very cool one..the shape is really good to me, i have a question...u think your hairing technique can work for animation purposes?
amazing results man!:thumbsup:...:bowdown:

Zapan
04-03-2006, 11:46 PM
@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot Corrie !!

@ rattlesnake : Hey mate , thx a lot my friend !! yes I think so ... I tried years ago to animate it ... altough I totally suck at it ... with soft bodies particles system to deal with dynamics and it might work me think ! otherwise you still can use key framing I guess... The last one has about 10/15 nurbs plans so it's not that much to animate ... If I'm not saying crap , Squaresoft used to make some of their characters with a similar technic (I think ... altough I'm not sure ... Cloud in Advent children has opacity maps as hair ) ...

Alright, I finally started the third elf tonight ... in the middle of the very long but still crappy grass tests ... so I guess tomorrow I will be able to show you the head of the last character ... if ... I'm ... not ... zzz zzz zzz zzz ... ...

cheerzzz ... zzz ...

-Zzzz

makaron
04-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Nyark... but Zapeanut... oh no, no sleep when you have grass to do... :wip: chop chop... hehe...

but looking forward to the last of the girlie/barbie/elfs... go Zapeanut go... :bounce:

SuperXCM
04-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Nice progress Zapan, really imrpessive... i like a lot your character, the skin shader look good so far, and the hairs too... keep this way!! :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Good news here... a new born is in the air... I'm waiting to discover the babe :scream: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
04-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah - more hot elven babes for the people :D :thumbsup:
You have to make up for the lost weekend now or the tiara is forever captured :D

daWinky
04-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Morning Stéph, morning spam-team!:wavey:

... I really have to put the second gear ... w00t again !

:) Yes! I'm unpatiently waiting now, can't get enough of your elves!!!:bounce:

-sabrina

Zapan
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144186391_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144186391_large.jpg)

Hi all !

So I finally started the last elf ...
Here's the head ... I'm actually not that happy with the necklace thing , I might have some thinking to find something nicer ...

let me know what you guys think of .

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
04-04-2006, 10:43 PM
@ makaron : arf sorry ... I'm a bit zzz zzz lately ... I trade my speedy snail with Gunilla ...
Grass has to wait a little bit more ...

@ SuperXCM : Thx a lot Lombardo !! :bounce:

@ Lemog : ahah , a new babe .... :scream: ... with long ears !!

@ Gunilla : That's ok , that tiara didn't suit me very well in fact ... :D I'm sure she's so better deserved now ! but yeah I do have to be a little faster the calendar countdown is kinda freakin' me out !! :surprised

@ daWinky : ahaha , thx Sabie for the cheering !! It's surprising that those hot elves chicks are appreciate by women too ... or not ? :scream:

Thx again team !!
Sorry you guys , I have pretty much one eye opened right now ... and not really wide ...
so I will spam you all tomorrow ... ... :)

cheers ,

-Zapan

antone-m
04-05-2006, 12:12 AM
cool updates but as I said before don`t why but they all look like each other "they are all sisters :twisted: aren`t they ? "
anyway for the necklace thing I found this interesting pic
http://www.topearl.com/pimages/fn021.jpg

Cleveland
04-05-2006, 03:29 AM
ooh ooh, can i get a spam too?!

on the modeling note, for some reason this last elf girl si not as cute as the other too. which is trange when you think of it. one thing i see is that her cheek line on the side is like a "(" when it should be more like a backward "s". don't know how else to help, really. still solid.

cleveland.

scootermaya
04-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Nooooooooooooo !

You guys are doing another chalenge without me !:cry:

Nice going Zap' ! Get going ... the modeling is sublime !

Gunilla
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
And the last elf is on the run! W000t! :D
Splendid start - I agree about the necklace, doesn't look very comfortable (shut up now, Gunie!) :D

Lemog
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Nooooooooooooo !

You guys are doing another chalenge without me !:cry:
You can enter now if you want... remain much time again you now... you're always welcome... :beer:

Zapan
04-05-2006, 10:53 AM
@ thebest : Well that's funny because I'm using another mesh and different references pics each time ... :shrug: thx a for the pic buut I'm actually looking more an "armor" piece kind of look , but I'm gonna keep digging and see If I can find or tweak this one on something better !

@ Cleveland : Thx a lot mate , yes something bothered me too , I have to tweak that , thanks !

@ scootermaya , Lemog : Weeee , it's great to see you scooty !! :bounce:
Agree with Laurent , plenty of time left , I'm sure you can make something in the remaining time !! ...

@ Gunilla : Ahh Thank you dear !! yup she 's on the run now let's see if I can win a tiara for her :wip: ... Noooo you don't like that necklace ? me neither , but I have to find something ... let's see ... a cool shape from the elf goldsmith to please Gunie ... :curious: :D ....

cheers ,

-Zapan

Rebeccak
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Ah, good to see the final elf..can't wait to see their palace as well! :D

~Rk

gpepper
04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
ça commence à faire du monde !

Gunilla
04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Hmm... how about a necklace in the Viking elvish style?

http://lib.lbcc.edu/images/Vikings/viking_dragons.jpg

http://www.ingebretsens.com/images/R0503.jpg

Could work, non? ;)

scootermaya
04-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Hmm... how about a necklace in the Viking elvish style?

http://lib.lbcc.edu/images/Vikings/viking_dragons.jpg

http://www.ingebretsens.com/images/R0503.jpg

Could work, non? ;)

What ? Elvis was a Viking ??? :eek:

makaron
04-05-2006, 06:02 PM
of course... :) that´s a great idea Gunilla..

so Zapan, do that at once... :bounce:a viking elf design on the new neckless...
or no peanuts for you... ;)

Gunilla
04-05-2006, 06:23 PM

I'm sure he wished he was :)

But now that you mention it... maybe this could be nice for earrings? :rolleyes:

http://www.bradford.co.uk/webautor-data/9/Elvis_Spiral_Ornaments.jpg

gustavotorqueto
04-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi man!!!

very nice modeling... I liked..

;)

collings
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Steph!
The last elf's head looks very nice! better and better man !
Keep it up , always a pleasure to follow your thread :)

nemirc
04-06-2006, 02:46 AM

Didn't you know? His real name was "Heldfiz Prethley" :beer:

daWinky
04-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Morning Stéph!

Hey, the last one is a beauty too:thumbsup: , no crits as usual, I only agree that her necklace looks very uncomfortable...

It's surprising that those hot elves chicks are appreciate by women too ... or not ?
Of course I wouldn't mind to see a male elf... a tall one, with a lot of nice muscles...:bounce:

-sabrina

beelow
04-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Looking really nice, dude keep it up!:thumbsup:

Zapan
04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
@ Rebecca : weeeee Beckie :) ... their palace ? ... ... poor elves :D ...

@ gpepper : yep the harem is starting to take shape :scream: ...

@ Gunilla : yessss !! actually the first one is a bit too "horse" for what I was up to but I definitely could use the 2nd one ... mmmh could be the clan banner sign ... maybe I could add a real necklace like this for each ... I was thinking maybe add this in her cape too like a gold ornement in the middle of the velvet ... mmh sounds not bad at all .... weeee elves walking under a swedish banner !! :D ... thx Gunie my hero :scream:

@ makaron : alright , you won , definitely going to do that .... don't want a peanuts embargo cut off :scream:

@ §pinho : thx a lot mate !

@ collings : thx a lot Nico ! :)

@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabie !! yes I have to change the necklace for a swedish one now :scream: ... arf a male elf .... mmmh ... could be nice ... except I don't really know where I could put him ... food for thoughts...

@ beelow : Thx a lot Bryce !!

@ scootermaya , Gunilla , Nemirc : Oh I see , elvis Portenoik party ! ... and no I won't put elvis blue earrings ... .... :scream: ahaha...

cheers firends ! will try to update later today !

-Zapan

makaron
04-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Of course I wouldn't mind to see a male elf... a tall one, with a lot of nice muscles...:bounce:

http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/bbbb.jpg not me either... hehe...

Gunilla
04-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm glad you like my suggestion for necklace - a viking touch will be great :thumbsup:
I also understand if you don't want to go with the earrings :D
And as for Portenaik - you can blame Scooter - he was the one started it, not me (always totally innocent)

You mite also guess that I'm backing Sabrina totally for her suggestion, seminude male elf is badly needed here!

rattlesnake
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144186391_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144186391_large.jpg)

Hi all !

So I finally started the last elf ...
Here's the head ... I'm actually not that happy with the necklace thing , I might have some thinking to find something nicer ...

let me know what you guys think of .

cheers ,

-Zapan

Great start on this new beauty...im sure ull find a great solutions for the neck lace..Elvis suggestions outthere are very cool..but u also have great designs , so this will rock fo sure...ok man ..im ready with soda and popcorns, cornpops? porncops? dam im confused..ok u got the idea.. waiting for the new updates!!

scootermaya
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm glad you like my suggestion for necklace - a viking touch will be great :thumbsup:
I also understand if you don't want to go with the earrings :D
And as for Portenaik - you can blame Scooter - he was the one started it, not me (always totally innocent)

You mite also guess that I'm backing Sabrina totally for her suggestion, seminude male elf is badly needed here!

Grrrrrrrr, you girls !
and I'm sure Zap' is gona do a special big dude fulla muscles for you :scream:

Zapan
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144344568_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144344568_large.jpg)

Hi friends !

Here's a little update of the 3rd elf ! As suggested by some swedish birds I added a little viking touch on this one :D ...

Let me know what you guys think of ..

cheers ,

-Zapan

Gunilla
04-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Ohhh, that's nice - I bet you did that to make us stop bugging you about the male elf :D

Very cool (in both senses) outfit - and the necklace is of course... :bowdown:

You can now officially have your tiara back!

Zapan
04-06-2006, 06:34 PM
@ makaron , Gunilla , scootermaya : Oh I see and now nobody 's talking about duffel coat and stuff .... no more : "what an elf got to do to have some serious clothing around here ?" :scream: ... mmh Ok I'm thinking about a male elf ... but I'm really not sure about this .... the remaining time will decide I guess ....

@ rattlesnake : Boahahahaha :scream: ... man , you killed me :scream: :scream: .... thx for your kind words my friend .... ahahaha .... porncops , I have to remember that :scream: ....

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ Gunilla : ahahaha , thx a lot for the tiara sweetie , my head was all naked without ! :D

antone-m
04-06-2006, 08:31 PM
salute mon ami
very cool elf u have there ,is she going to have hair ? if yes can u ask her if she is married;) ? lol

monsitj
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
arh! that very nice mate! her costume is very cool! can't wait to see all of your girls in the same scene! :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
04-06-2006, 08:42 PM
hello man..the custom is so great..the sleeves make her look very sexy , your style is unique friend..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:..more thumbs for this great thread

Tranguz
04-06-2006, 10:02 PM
:scream: Hey Zapan! Your perfect modeling makes me feel like I want to grab my workstation and throw it out of the window!:D

really great work so far!!:thumbsup:

BobbEr
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Wow! I like your characters more and more! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

daWinky
04-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Morning Stéph!

:eek: Well, I'm happy to see that you gave her a warm hood to put it on when it's getting cold - no frozen ears, very important:D ...
about the rest, I'm really looking forward to see this minimal clothing style for a male elf...

*serious mode* Great modeling again and very nice details for the armour.:thumbsup:

-sabrina

shakes
04-07-2006, 06:27 AM
you are so quick!! stylish work Zapan..love the little swede necklace! all the decorations are beautiful. awesome modelling yet again! you are a poly machine!

Gunilla
04-07-2006, 08:30 AM
:eek: Well, I'm happy to see that you gave her a warm hood to put it on when it's getting cold - no frozen ears, very important:D ...
about the rest, I'm really looking forward to see this minimal clothing style for a male elf...

Lol! Just Backing Sabrina up again, on both points! And the hood will be very useful if you don't give her hair :D

Tigrenka
04-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi, Stephane ! It another beautiful girl! I'm waiting for final composition...You'll be one of winners :)

Best regards. Olga

Vadonia
04-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Nice but the curve of the character isn't natural ....

The armour gives the impression that it's coming to fall down (elle va tomber) ... sorry for english :)

You should have more tension ...and create a sensation of weight ("armour")

But I like your character Keep Going!:)

scootermaya
04-07-2006, 09:16 AM
I beleive this is not the final pose ! So for the impression of falling, I wouldn't worry so much.

As for the clothing , Bravo my friend ! Good job ! Is she going to a certain night club as well ?(you can give her the adress later on).

I can't wait to see hair on her:bounce:

Vadonia
04-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Isn't about the final pose but on the character, the body itself....

She hasn't any muscles on the arm , the curve around the Hip and stomach is strange ....

That's all :(

Carry on !

scootermaya
04-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Isn't about the final pose but on the character, the body itself....

She hasn't any muscles on the arm , the curve around the Hip and stomach is strange ....

That's all :(

Carry on !

Ok, you mean more hips and more muscles on the arms ? Hmmmm Zap' is that a lighting condition or is it thrue that she might loose her cloth?:scream:

Lemog
04-07-2006, 11:10 AM
The necklace is a great addition... a beautiful touch for your beauty... your work on clothes is really awesome... and clean... I can't crit... just keep the power in your hands Cadet... :thumbsup:

a-papantoniou
04-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Very nice character. I like the clothes and amulet design. Some parts of the clothing seem a bit off, and the posture is a bit out of balance, but I am sure that she is going to look great in the final composition. This is going really fast too!

asbassie
04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
First off - sory for visiting so infrequently. Your work has gained a lot of beautiful details. It seems that you've spent a lot of time on it...Hope you enjoyed every second of it.

More please?

Vadonia
04-07-2006, 07:24 PM
ok :)
keep it up

vfxluc
04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
very nice elfs, mate... you're a strong modeler. good luck on the competition:thumbsup:

sonicstrawbery
04-07-2006, 09:55 PM
The design is so well worked, i really like where your image is going, nice forms, clean and all :buttrock:

Continue c'est excellent ! :love:

dagann
04-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Very nice work.

I'm not sure about this kind of "hook " on her bra.
Not very sexy and not pratical. But that's just my opinion.

Is the her gear body an armour?

Anyway, that's an impressive work.

And adding a male is a good idea if you have the time.

irananimator
04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Woow!!
very nice character
great details .
looking for more!
my work!!
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328957&page=5&pp=15

Rebeccak
04-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Wow, Steph!

Looks like you've been quite busy here! :) Just enjoying watching your amazing progress....

Chears! :)

Eclectic
04-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Wonderfull modeling progress! :)

zdepth
04-09-2006, 01:22 PM
nice modeling. How many polys are youworking with? Seems very high.

Zapan
04-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi friends !! :)
Sorry for being a little late to answer , I had a little problem these last few days , but things are squared away now ... Great to read all your sweet posts , thx to all !

@ the best : Salute ! ... wee she will gonna have hair ... and if you might marry her , but only if you have long sharped ears ... yeah I know , elves have weird tastes ...

@ Monsitj : Hi Monsit ! thanks a lot mate ... well I hope I will be able to do that soon , right after this one will be done !

@ Rattlesnake : Thx a lot for all these thumbsup !! you rock mate ! :thumbsup:

@ Tranguz : ahaha , oh no no no !! don't do that !! I don't want someone charges me for your loss ! or at least tell me where you live , to put myself under your window and catch you machine ! :) Thx a lot !

@ Bobber : thx a lot mate !!

@ daWinky : weeee ! ahahah , I told you it's never get cold outhere ... the hood is only here to hide when they are hunting ! *serious mode on* thanks a lot Sabie !

@ shakes : Thx a lot John for all these great words and your constant support !

@ Gunilla : bahahah ... of course , hoods are useful all the time : no need to have an IP30 cream when the sun burns out ... or when it's raining ... or when you don't want to be recognize ... and of course when you don't have hair ... I'm wearing some all the time ... but not because any of those reasons ...:scream:

@ Tigrenka : Hi there , Thx a lot Olga ! Well I'm really not sure to be one of winners , too many so talented people around , but at least I'm having fun with it and that's the whole it , I guess ! Btw you're doing so great in yours too , I feel a little ashamed to not have seen this before , will surely spam you soon !

@ Vadonia : Hi there Stéphanie ! Thx a lot for crits , and I 100% agree with you for the most of these ! I actually used the same body mesh (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/Journey/Body.jpg) for all 3 and I totally agree that it's really not perfect ... but I was especially looking for something anatomically correct but pretty much light since I was up to posing them after ... I surely will make some corrections depending of the pose and the view , you know ? ...anyway it's great to have your suggestions around , thx a lot ! Oh btw I took a look on your Kanya WIP , really awesome character you got there, spiffy work on the cloths ... will definitely follow your steps there ! cheers !

@ Scootermaya : Hiya Scooty !! thx a lot , you can put her in a nightclub if you want ... maybe as an extra guest or a special theme ... :D

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent :bowdown: !

@ a-papantoniou : Thx a lot Antonis !! yes , I will try to find something interesting as pose for her ! thx a lot for coming by !

@ asbassie : Thx a lot mate ! and no worries , it's pretty hard to follow every threads at the same time , I hardly can follow every threads I suscribed on and it's even more difficult to find new ones !!! Oh and I do enjoy this a lot ... I just hope I'm gonna enjoy it until the end , enough to finish it on time !! cheers !

@ vfxluc : thx a lot ! ahah , yes modeling is pretty much all I do !

@ cipher : Hey Seb , thx a lot mate :bowdown: !! and you're dong so great in yours too !

@ dagann : Thx a lot ... mmh you don't like the bra ? I tried to find something nice and bit unusual as design , but I was pretty sure someone will disagree this part ... mmh I 'm gonna leave it like this for a while and see if with the rest of the body , the textures and pose you still not ok with it ! sounds fair ?

@ iran_animator : thx a lot mate !!

@ Rebeccak : weee !! How you doing sweetheart ? Yeah I was ashamed to become a snail again when everybody's rushing like crazy and crawl in a huge amount of work ... and by everybody I means you !! ahaha ... Btw is it still ok for me to spam your forum since your not a blue cool kid ? :)

@ pedja.k : thx a lot mate !!

@ zdepth : thx a lot !! well approximatively 25k polys unsmoothed for each ... I tried to not going over 100k smoothed because I'm worried already about the render times ... with all the sss , procedural shadings and such ... plus with the paintFX for grass , displace for trees and this just for the foreground ... I'm a bit afraid that my machine is gonna burn again ... :argh: :D

Thx again you guys !! I will try to update the complete body soon ... maybe tomorrow !
Have great end of weekend people !

cheers ,

-Zapan

antone-m
04-09-2006, 08:02 PM
@ the best : Salute ! ... wee she will gonna have hair ...

cool can`t wait for that

and if you might marry her , but only if you have long sharped ears ... yeah I know , elves have weird tastes ...

hmmm:rolleyes: I will see :twisted:what I can do :scream:

Vadonia
04-09-2006, 09:11 PM
@ Vadonia : Hi there Stéphanie ! Thx a lot for crits , and I 100% agree with you for the most of these ! I actually used the same body mesh (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/Journey/Body.jpg) for all 3 and I totally agree that it's really not perfect ... but I was especially looking for something anatomically correct but pretty much light since I was up to posing them after ... I surely will make some corrections depending of the pose and the view , you know ? ...anyway it's great to have your suggestions around , thx a lot ! Oh btw I took a look on your Kanya WIP , really awesome character you got there, spiffy work on the cloths ... will definitely follow your steps there ! cheers !
-Zapan

ok no problem!!!

thanks for my wip!! I'm waiting for your criticis ;)

Keep going !:thumbsup:

dagann
04-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Thx a lot ... mmh you don't like the bra ? I tried to find something nice and bit unusual as design , but I was pretty sure someone will disagree this part ... mmh I 'm gonna leave it like this for a while and see if with the rest of the body , the textures and pose you still not ok with it ! sounds fair ?

I don't say i don't like the bra, but the hook:p . It "breaks" the circular design of the boob and gave the feeling it is slipping down as said Vadonia. That just my opinion. Anyway the design is good and original. I'm pretty sure the final result will be perfect, it's already very good. If i still don't like it i will let you know ;) But if you were supposed to listen everyone, you woul never finish your work :argh:

Keep it up!

oceanbluesky
04-10-2006, 03:40 AM
interesting details, like the added jewelry...just worry about you having enough time to finish the remaining two characters?? Good luck!

Rebeccak
04-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Steph: weee !! How you doing sweetheart ? Yeah I was ashamed to become a snail again when everybody's rushing like crazy and crawl in a huge amount of work ... and by everybody I means you !! ahaha ... Btw is it still ok for me to spam your forum since your not a blue cool kid ? :)
Spam away. :D

SoniaNotRed
04-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Qu'elles sont mignones! :eek: :drool:
Great modeling! I can't wait to see this textured!

ThierryS
04-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Splendid model Steph!:applause: :argh: :cool: :cry:

( juste un petit point de goût personel, l'oreille me semble un peu longue, mais c'est sans doute voulu)
--- so keep that incredible work coming mate! :bounce:

Zapan
04-11-2006, 09:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144786451_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1144786451_large.jpg)

Hi friends !

Alright here's a timid update of the complete body for the 3rd elf ...

Let me know what you guys think of ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
@ thebest : soon mate ... soon :) ... btw is someone already told you I'm a snail ? aha

@ Vadonia : ah thx Stéphanie ! yep of course I'm gonna spam your thread too pretty soon !

@ dagann : thx a lot mate ! and of course any of your suggestions are more than welcomed ! :)

@ oceanbluesky : thx a lot ! mmh... actually the first 2 are almost finished ... I'm just worried about all the background tho ...

@ Rebeccak : you said that , not me ! :twisted:

@ SoniaNotRed : weeee , hey Sonia ! great to see you and thx a lot ! great french btw :D ...

@ thierry2005 : thx a lot Thierry !! :bowdown: well ears are really long , but I was afraid to see them with the whole haircut you know ? ... is it really disturbing for you ? :blush:

cheers ,

-Zapan

irananimator
04-11-2006, 09:24 PM
really really nice character.good luck .watching for updates :thumbsup:

raghavendraachari
04-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi friend ur work is too good i realy love the concept very much

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=338776

shakes
04-11-2006, 10:07 PM
You're a modelling GOD!! Awesome stuff Zapan!

centurionit
04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't have many to say...only: Good work mate...excellent! I liked it from your start and I'm continuing...:bowdown:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330707

makaron
04-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I give you 3 peanuts of 3...

http://www.jillustration.net/img/beans/happy_bean.gifhttp://www.jillustration.net/img/beans/ponder_bean.gifhttp://www.jillustration.net/img/beans/flippy_bean.gif