PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Stéphane Brouty

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

soapy
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey great updates the model is looking great. No crits really. Woooo.... She's beautiful! And so is the armor... maybe not so comfortable, but very stylish :)You know that gets me thinking it might be good to put a comfy velvet backing under the armour, it could shown here and there at the edges and would nicely set off the metal.

ThierryS
03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi Stephane! glad to see your work again on this new challenge!
Totaly great modeling on that girl, and superb concept! So all the best till the end of the deadline. Will follow your steps of course! :bounce: :thumbsup:
See ya man!!

alancamara
03-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Woa, great progress, I loved. The anatomy is so good and of couse she's beatiful. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Alan

gpepper
03-09-2006, 09:36 PM
C'est de toute beauté !
Nice modeling Steph ! She's cute !
Some ZB stuff would have been cool for the jewelery...

Agamemnwn
03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
great modelling stephane thanks for showing the wireframes as well for the model. learning from your modells.

Zapan
03-09-2006, 11:38 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1141947528_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1141947528_large.jpg)

Update of tonight ...
Still some details are missing on the pants ... a little bit too rounded I think ... and also boots ...

Let me know what you guys think of.

Oh btw , was kind of lazy to merge the 2 half bodies this time ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
03-09-2006, 11:46 PM
@ Elendil le Grand : Thx a lot Nico !

@ shakes : Thx a lot John !

@ medunecer : Ahah , thx a lot , glad you like her !

@ authentic : Hey Vincent , thx a lot man !

@ daWinky : Wheehee , thx a lot Sabie , yep the RK 's class was a good experience , I find a really cool way of modeling (nurbs converted to polys) working for me pretty well in this one too !

@ agou : Hiyya la Sophinette ! , thx a lot !

@ thierry2005 : Hiiyya Thierry ! Great to see you , thx a lot man , feel proud that you're following me this time too !

@ alancamara : Thx a lot Alan !

@ gpepper : Thx a lot Gilles ! Zb wouldn't be cool , it would change my life :surprised !

@ Agamemnwn : Thx a lot Aggie , I'm honored then ! thx a lot , happy it helps in some ways !

cheers everyone ,

-Zapan

Rebeccak
03-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow, Steph, really amazing work! It makes it easy to chear for you! :bounce:

Chears, :)

~"Beckie"

BobbEr
03-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Wow!! Very cool & clear modeling :applause: I really like it! Waiting for updates! :)

se7enthcin
03-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Strong start. I think you are doing well with the anatomy as well as the structure of the face. Keep going! :buttrock:

Cleveland
03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
hey zapan,
great concept and a great modeling start. to my eyes maybe her bustier is a little low, by an inch or two, it's reaally the only crit i can find so far. question: how do you create the decorations??

cleveland.

blueferret
03-10-2006, 01:22 AM
She is filling out very nicely....xellent work http://www.blueferret3dfx.com/favicon.ico

ziriguidum
03-10-2006, 01:36 AM
ouch! your model steal my heart :beer: Nice job, man. see you later!

monsitj
03-10-2006, 03:34 AM
hey! can't comment anything!! man! your modeling skill is awesome!

Stefan-Morrell
03-10-2006, 03:50 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

very impressive modeling skills you've got here,the cloth work around the legs looks awesome(even as a wip)
hope to see some wires if you get a chance

keep going :)

Cheers

kreuz
03-10-2006, 04:26 AM
nice modeling so far,especially the ass of this girl ..is really sexy and amazing :love:
keep up , show more progress and developments of your work , i am going to learning somethings:thumbsup:

rattlesnake
03-10-2006, 04:45 AM
:drool:wow!.. ill buy one of these suits to my girlfriend...of course i need to find a girlfriend first but i love the design:applause:, and of course modeling is really awesome

Lemog
03-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Great and "balaise" work Cadet... beautiful anatomy and especially good design for clothes... the only crit to do, it's "again" about the legs decoration... always a not so much stylish shape... and that seem not in the same scale than those on her breast... after few minutes of observation of her, I can only see these shapes...

Gunilla
03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Ohhh... you're modeling skills kills me - so beautiful. Great bodyshape and the folding of the clothes are just terrific :thumbsup:

Going hunting with a naked butt doesn't seem very practical - but it's cool in many senses :)

So, when are you going to enter snailmode? :D

Elendil_le_Grand
03-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Hé bah si tu continue comme ça tu vas nous faire une image qui déchire toi :)

makaron
03-10-2006, 08:25 AM
ahhh... so this is your version of leopardbikini for elfs... a de luxe design ala Snail :p

looks good otherwise the ornimate on the legs are a bit to "clumsy" and what Gunilla said about the butt is soo true :p

Zapan
03-10-2006, 08:32 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1141979527_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1141979527_large.jpg)

Forgot to post the wireframe the last time (to tell the truth , was too lazy :))

So here they are ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
03-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Morning Friends !

@ Rebecca : Aww thx a lot Beckie for chearing :)

@ BobbEr : Thx a lot mate !

@ se7enthcin : Thx a lot !

@ Cleveland : Thx a lot man , yes I had that feeling too , will check that then ... Thx again and you can see the step by step for the armor here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3321248&postcount=226) .

@ blueferret : Thx a lot !

@ ziriguidum : Ahah , thx a lot , glad you like her !

@ monsitj : oh oh , Huge thx Monsit !

@ Stefan_Morrell : Thx a lot , here they are ... :wavey:

@ kreuz : Thx a lot , you do ? oh I'm the first one glad then !

@ rattlesnake : Ahaha , thx a lot bro , maybe it would be a way to get a new one ... :scream:

@ Lemog : Ahahah , thx a lot Laurent , and I knew it !! To tell the truth , I was not up to make these leg armors ... only some bracelets for ankles but when I was doing it , I thought it would be nicer to get a bigger armor on this area , and then I quickly but the ornement shape to see what it would look like... But yeah it doesn't please me neither now , I'm gonna change it right away ! :)

@ Gunilla : Ahah , thx a lot Gunie , ahahah , I guess we should be a guy to think people are going hunting half naked ! But hey , Conan the Barbarian didn't have much cloth on him ! :scream:
Oh and I'm going to snail soon , pretty one , very soon ... since I won't be here this weekend :) .

@ makaron : Ahaha , thx a lot Mona ... yeah , gonna redo these legs armor ... I feel bad for her butt now :scream: ...

cheers everyone ,

-Zapan

dannyfalch
03-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Super modeling,.

he he, very sexy outfit, hope it will turn in to a worldwide trend, :thumbsup:

gpepper
03-10-2006, 09:08 AM
She is... sexy !

rattlesnake
03-10-2006, 09:56 AM
She is... sexy !

yeah even when shes wireframe..sexy in all polycounts:drool:

SONIC-X
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Thats realy great modelling there dude.

Pooyag
03-10-2006, 11:45 AM
that is impressive as always Stéphane....glad to see you once again!

Selina42
03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
How did you do all that in the short space of time since your last post?! Wow!!! -Keep up the highly impressive work!

Stefan-Morrell
03-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Cheers for the wires Stéphane,it's good to see others workflows & modeling styles,yours is very clean & to the point

I also hope you elaborate some more on the leg bracelets detail,dont hold back man!
keep up the great work

antone-m
03-11-2006, 04:41 PM
hmmm let me see ur work is too perfect that`s very cool keep going :beer:

shakes
03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
wow, superb modelling zapan..you're brilliant! and lovely design too.

BobbEr
03-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Very good & clear modeling here! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

ChewyPixels
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Female elves...done to death but I never get tired of seeing 'em especially when they look this good. Excellent job! :thumbsup:

coochaki
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
very nice !
looking for more... .. .:thumbsup:
:scream: ... .. .

MVDB
03-11-2006, 09:07 PM
wow!
love the proportions on this body..
good modeling skills.. :thumbsup:

madshooter
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey dude its really cool to see you in this challenge:) Very nice concept. Your female model looks awesome, really you have great modeling skills. Nice clean geometry and loops:thumbsup:
All the best for this challenge dude:thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
03-13-2006, 08:21 AM
The wire is so perfect ;)

AIR
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Nicee modeling shown here pal.

I really appreciate this elwen chick,and the suits,cant wait to see hers texturing..

Keep sharp Stephane..

coolrio
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
i see you're great model, so detail,... can we just model what will be viewed in the camera only...oh..no i guess we can't... :) :thumbsup:

JOURNEY BEGINS (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=325612)

Gunilla
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
But where are the updates!? Are you back in snailmode again?
I want to see elvish hot babes! :cry:

:D

funkyboss
03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Very clean modeling dude!
Great work!
And yes, where are hot elves??? :D
Continue the good work!

Zapan
03-13-2006, 02:38 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142260721_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142260721_large.jpg)

Completed arms ... still missing the sort of cape and the hood ...

I changed the legs armor for something more solid... I'm planning to add some extra details after , according to the texture... I will see.

Let me know what you guys think of .

cheers ,

-Zapan

DimitrisLiatsos
03-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey nut..she is beautiful..just work a bit on her stomach...i can't see 9at least in this angle) the vertical line which devides left from right amdomen muscle..9 i hope i make sence)...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow, Steph, awesome! :thumbsup: That is one verrrry tall elf...:eek:

~"Beckie"

ragdoll
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
don't forget hot and sexy! :eek: :D

-rj

Zapan
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
@ 3d-empire : Hey Danny , thx a lot man ... aha , yeah , agree with that .:D

@ gpepper : Thank you for her !

@ rattlesnake : Thanks mate !

@ SONIC-X : Hey thx a lot Corrie !

@ 3rd user : Hey Pooya ! Thx a lot man ! glad you like her !

@ Selina42 : Hey Selina , thx a lot for your knid words , well , modeling characters is the part I'm the most comfortable with so... But I hope I will go even faster for the other characters ... more than a week on the modeling of one character , I must hurry !

@ Stefan_Morrell : Thx a lot man , yep I changed those , what do you think ?

@ the best : Ahah , far from perfect , but thx a lot !

@ BobbEr : Thx a lot man !

@ Jedi-Juice : thx a lot , yeah that's a well known thing , but I'm glad people doesn't seem to be sick of it !

@ coochaki : Ahahahahah , thx lot ! you mean more cloth ? :scream:

@ MichaelMotion : thx a lot man !

@ madshooter : Hey Roshan , glad to see you friend ! thx a lit for your kind words ... gonna look for your thread right now !

@ A I R : Hey Damir ! Thx a lot friend ! Really glad you like her ... Well don't know yet if I'm gonna start the texturing or continue with another elf ... I will see ...

@ terminus_ad_quem : Thx a lot man , Well considering that I'm not 100% sure of the final pose and such , I guess it's better to make every details ...

@ Gunilla : Hey ! stop yelling at me , you asked me to snail remember ? and you know I can't refuse you anything ! :scream: ... Nah I got a really long and tired weekend , but now I'm ready to get back to the turbosnail mode ! :)

@ funkyboss : Aaha , thx a lot ! Believe me I'm trying to be as fast as I can !

cheers everyone ,

-Steph

Edit :

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Thx a lot Dimi , oh I basically see what you mean , thx friend , gonna fix that !

@ Rebecca : wheeeheee Beckie ! Thx a lot , yep she's tall ... even if I don't like tall ladies (yeah I'm so small) :scream:

@ ragdoll : Ahahahaha , yeah I should remember that :scream:

Gunilla
03-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Wonderful modeling as usual - she looks powerful :thumbsup:

Thx a lot , yep she's tall ... even if I don't like tall ladies
Hey, I heard that!
I'm tall - but on the other hand I mite not be a lady :twisted: :D

Timeus Noble
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Simply stunning. Wow.

sergioKomic
03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Nice start on the modelling!

alancamara
03-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Hy Stephane, better and better my friend, she's very beatiful, I loved the cloths too, congrats.

Alan

makaron
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Zapan she is looking far better now... with the changes you done... :bounce:
but, she still can´t sit down anywhere and rest, without to get splinters on her but* :p and were is the leopardpattern?

Zapan
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
@ Gunilla :

Hey, I heard that!
I'm tall - but on the other hand I mite not be a lady

I'm sure I can make and exception here ... but just because you're a weirdo :love: :scream:

@ Timeus Noble : Thx a lot , really glad you like it !

@ sergioKomic : Thx a lot Sergio !

@ makaron : Aaaaaaaahhahahahaha :scream: .... oops I forgot the leopardpattern ? :banghead: Can I make up this with tigerstripes ? :D NYARK ... and no I'm not weirdo enough to get two username :scream:

chee/ears ,

-Steph

Stefan-Morrell
03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
:applause: nice work

& a huge improvement on the boots too,I can't wait to see you texture it

Cheers
Stefan

antone-m
03-13-2006, 05:47 PM
how can u do that she is very beautiful :thumbsup:

se7enthcin
03-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Great update, I will be looking for more! :)

mmoir
03-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey Stephane,

You have done an excellent job on her,:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: No crits here, great job .

gpepper
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Je vais faire mon chieur mais j'ai l'impression que les bras sont un peu courts...
Balances-y donc une vue de face pour voir ...

The arms seem a bit too short, is it possible to have a front view, please mister scar-go ?

shakes
03-13-2006, 07:23 PM
it's a real treat watching you model. she's really fantastic and expertly done- congrats!

soapy
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Great work Zapan, nothing to crit. Your modeling is coming along very nicely. cheers.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Last Challenge i had glued in my mind that "YOINKS" from DaddyMack...i think i ma going for the "NYARK"...now....hahahaha...how do u guys come up with these words?..hahahaha

Nyaaark Yoinks! :bounce:

makaron
03-13-2006, 08:21 PM
NYARK... NYARK... ok then... you can go with tigerstripes :p will do for this challenge... ;)

a-papantoniou
03-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I thing the last model update is just great. I like the clothes. Also the anatomy of the model is very harmonious.

beelow
03-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Looking good so far steph look out I am coming for ya haha!:D almost done with school, almost finished with cutting my reel for class!:D

Zapan
03-13-2006, 08:53 PM
@ Stefan_Morrell : Ah yes , Thx a lot Stefan ! Glad to hear you like the new boots ... Still don't know if I start another chick or if I should continue this one with texture and rig ... :shrug:
Have to take a decision soon :scream:

@ the best : ahahah , really don't know ... :scream: thx man !

@ se7enthcin : Thx a lot man !

@ mmoir : Hey Mike ! thx a lot friend , glad you like her !

@ gpepper : Ahah , yeah I noticed that , and I was hoping nobody will notice until I fix it ... :scream: Yep they are too short not so much but they are ... gonna fix that !

@ shakes : Thx a lot man for all these compliments !

@ soapy : Thx a lot Jim !

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Aahahahaha don't really know where it comes from , but it's really easy to come up ... in no time ... NYARK ... see ? :scream:

@ makaron : NYARK ... peanuts bikini ? :curious: :scream:

@ a-papantoniou : Hey thx a lot , hope You're gonna like the next characters too :)

NYARK ,

-Nyark ... see Dimi ? :D

EDIT : @ Beelow : ahahahah , thx mate ! Good news you're done with school ... maybe some polys then :D cheers !

makaron
03-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Zapan... NYARK comes from the last challenge... it´s kind of Hello in GP-talk... :p or peanuts... can´t really remember now.. haha...

and peanuts in bikini? naaa... an elf in a snailsuit ... that would make my day... :D

coochaki
03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
great work here...:thumbsup:
really nice details.
looking for more man... .. .
:scream:

Squibbit
03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
nice modeling there, dude,
only the face from what i could see
from the closeups, could do with a little
more ladylikeness, not sure what to
change tho, sorry :)

agou
03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Hiyaaaa le steph'!

Jsut a quick word to tell you I like your modeling, it's really really really nice - maybe arms are a bit too short? :D

By the way you are the fastest snail I know !:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Vedic-kings
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Awesome and sexy!

The modeling looks good to me:)

sonicstrawbery
03-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Wow just loving the details here, nice proportions and attitude of this girl, very nice work !
continue comme ca c'est vraiment chouette :love:

Climax
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
:thumbsup::scream: She is really comming nicelly! good job! :applause:

SONIC-X
03-14-2006, 06:07 AM
This is realy great modelling dude.I'm also doing a female figure but I suck at organic stuff,so I'm going to look at your work for some guidens.If you know of a good tutorial please let me know.

Zapan
03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Morning all !

@ makaron : See you can't remember too !! Bah even if we don't know what it means , it's still a funny word ... I like those :scream:

@ coochaki : Thx man , more comes soon ... I hope !

@ Squibbit : Hey Squib ! thx man ! yep something bothering me too but I can't figure it too .... Well I'm gonna tweak that now on pose so I hope I'm gonna fix it ... thx man for droppin' by !

@ agou : Hiyya La Sophinette !! Thx a lot , yeah they do are a bit short ... I fixed that !

@ Vedic kings : Thx a lot mate !!

@ cipher : Thx a lot Seb !!

@ Climax : thx a lot Omar !!

@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot Corrie !! Well I don't really know tutorials ...
But without any arrogance or whatsoever I did an anatomy thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=305159&page=13&pp=15) for my topology research on the anotamy forum maybe you can find something usefull there (despite all spams :scream: )
I used the exact same way to model that elf model ...
Otherwise Stahlberg opened a thread on the female topology here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=108412&page=1&pp=15) ...
Hope it helps !

Ok finally I'll con'inue this one for a while by rigging and posing and move to another one after that ... yep that's the plan !
Huge thx to all of you for your great support and kind words ! Have great day !

cheers ,

-Zapan

ThierryS
03-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Fantastic modeling Steph!:eek: Twisted work! she looks so good.

Keep up that standard:beer: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#) It's taking everybody on higher grounds!

burpy
03-14-2006, 11:16 AM
All your sketches and modelling is looking amazing! The body and proportions look great and the armour detailing is too good.:applause:

Something bothers me about her face, however, and somebody previously mentioned that she could look a bit more feminine as well. I think maybe perhaps part from the nose to her jaw seems a bit long, and her chin a little wide. It could be just the angle, since I didn't notice it as much on the earlier shots...

Keep up the great work!:)

SONIC-X
03-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the links dude.I have read through your hole anatomy thread and now I feel inspired to attempt modelling a figure for the challenge soon,I just have to get time to do a concept sketch first.

Thanks again.

tuck
03-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow!
really good modeling already beautiful!!:bowdown:

rasamaya
03-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Great job with your modeling. This sounds bad but her breast look a lot better now. This thread is almost as popular as 2d works. oh .. and thxs for the anatomy thread.

See ya Later!

Schun
03-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Woaw the last update is amazing ... the body and the clothing are both perfect
but why do modelize it together :D
For the head, it seems to me that you are in the good way : elf have a more
elongated face than humans ...

yes, a second elf now :)

Ludal
03-14-2006, 05:53 PM
C'est du bon modelling ça ! ;)

medunecer
03-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Great model! She's really a beauty!

Poonks
03-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Yoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyyo my friend :buttrock:

Really beautiful elf! So sexxxxxyyyyyy :love:
But some points IMO...

As Gpepper said the arms are a little too short, i find the nostril a little to high, rib cage is a little too much ahead and the breast area is too flat... on the profil vue especially..

Thats all :scream:
Keep it up the great work Steph :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-15-2006, 12:07 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142381240_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142381240_large.jpg)

Gave her the pose ...
Some areas are still a bit "bumpy" due to the skinning ... Have to fix that ...
Now I have to focus on the face and tweak it to gave her a sad expression ... and then move to another character which I hope will be faster to create since I'm gonna use that same body mesh ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

makaron
03-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Nyark! for that pose you earn a peanut... :p

think she gonna be great when you fixed her face expression... :bounce:

and me faster than any snail... haha

Vedic-kings
03-15-2006, 12:15 AM
I think it looks good!

Zapan
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi all , quickly here to post the evening update ...

@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry , really glad you like her , thx for the kind words !

@ burpy : Hey mate , thx a lot , yep some issues you said have to be fixed ... gonna take care of it soon !

@ SONIC-X : Hey Corrie , well I'm really glad you found something usefull there , thx a lot , and I just can't wait to see your model ! ...

@ tuck : Aaaahhh , zillions of thanks mate !

@ rasamaya : Ahah , thx man !

@ Schun : Thx a lot , aha , second one should start soon , some work on her still have to be done and then I'm gonna move to another one !

@ Ludal : Merci beaucoup !

@ medunecer : Thx a lot mate !

@ Poonks : Thx man , yep I tried to fix that with the pose , still have to tweak the face tho ... Thx for crits ...

I'm gonna make my spam session on your threads tomorrow ... tonight I'm a bit zzz zzz zzz ... Thx again everyone !

cheers ,

-Zapan

Edit : @ makaron : fast little blond GP !! :scream: thx for the peanut Mon' !

@ Vedic Kings : Thx man !

collings
03-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi Stéphane, just wanna tell you that this elf girl looks pretty nice! you've made a great work on the modeling! The next characters will be way faster to model for sure ;)
Keep it up and good luck man :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
03-15-2006, 12:43 AM
man this is good..i really dont see that "bumpy" thing u said, i see it very good..but youre the master:thumbsup:

about the pose i see a bit strange the feet posture..seems like that way she cant handle her weight, but maybe this is just because the camera angle...you rocking dude:buttrock:

shakes
03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
stunning work mate- really super impressive!

kreuz
03-15-2006, 12:55 AM
really nice modeling:thumbsup: can't wait to see more of it >"<

dannyfalch
03-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Very nice work.

Good pose!,
she is so sad and not up for any long journeys:scream:
looking forward to seeing the other charactor!

medunecer
03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
As I said: I love this girl!

alancamara
03-15-2006, 01:40 AM
The pose looks great, very sex remember catwoman :D and you've made a nice work with cloths, is great Steph, no crits so far :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Yup...she is great..i wonder if the camera could pan down a bit on left though :D ..errr...ok i shut up...lol....sorry ..Nyaaark ..can't help it nyaaark...u see.. again...Yoinks Nyaaark...it's like hickups ..when i think something dirty...lol..egh-Nyark :argh: :argh:

monsitj
03-15-2006, 06:05 AM
wow! nice model and great pose man! you don't disapoint me ! good job man!

Gunilla
03-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Beautiful! just... stunning, I'm so impressed :bounce:

So - for texturing - what color will she have? I see her a slightly pale blue, or is that un-elvish?

SONIC-X
03-15-2006, 08:54 AM
That is a great pose and i just love these models of yours.

monks
03-15-2006, 09:44 AM
very good modeling ! and nice posing ! :)

gpepper
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Nice pose, very expressive !
keep the good work Steph !

Zapan
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM
'Morning friends ! :wavey:

@ collings : Hey Nico ! Great to see you , thx for your kind words , glad you like her !

@ rattlesnake : Hey Jorge , thx a lot my friend ... And you're also right about the pose , somebody told me too yesterday that she couldn't stand up like that very long ... I think that's pretty much a feet placement ... gonna fix it ! thx a man !

@ shakes : Thx a lot John ! :)

@ kreuz : Thx a lot man ! more is coming soon ... I hope !

@ 3d-empire : Thx a lot Danny ! other characters are on the way ... I guess ...

@ medunecer : Ahaha , thx a lot , so I hope you're gonna enjoy the next ones !

@ alancamara : Thx a lot Alan , really glad you like it !

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Ahahaha , you mean like this (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/frombehind.jpg) ? :scream: !! Rebecca called me thongtastic one day I guess she was right ... I bet people won't ever see it (especially considering we will see her from her front) but I know it's here so I feel a lot better ! :scream: .... so ... NYARK again ? :D

@ monsitj : Ahh thx a lot Monsit , really glad I don't !! :bounce:

@ Gunilla : thx a lot my little Gunie (wait ... tall Gunie :scream: ) ... Well I planned to give an overall color for each one ... red for the anger one , green for the surprised ... and blue/dark blue for this one ...sadness ... But the 3 of them will have pale skin ... What do you think , sounds correct ? :)

@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot Corrie !

Ok spam session starts now ! be prepared ! :)

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT : @ Monks : Thx a lot Gregory !

@ gpepper : Thx a lot Gilles !

madshooter
03-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I repeat Very nice pose and a good model, Man you are rocking:buttrock:Keep up the good work and keep rocking:scream: and more updates:bounce:

Lemog
03-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I lost many update... but the progression is incredible... I'm proud of you Cadet... you fly :thumbsup:

a spectator... :eek:

Gunilla
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
@ Gunilla : thx a lot my little Gunie (wait ... tall Gunie :scream: ) ... Well I planned to give an overall color for each one ... red for the anger one , green for the surprised ... and blue/dark blue for this one ...sadness ... But the 3 of them will have pale skin ... What do you think , sounds correct ? :)

Sounds perfectly fine :thumbsup: I would just go for subtle coloring though not making it to strong.
Going to be fun to see!
Oh, and you can just call me Big Gun, that's perfectly fine :rolleyes:
... don't even think about it :D

funkyboss
03-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Can't say more that superb!
Continue like this, it is so promising.
More wip more wip!!!

Selina42
03-15-2006, 11:06 AM
I'd love to offer some sort of helpful crit -but all i can do is give you two thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great work man!

Elendil_le_Grand
03-15-2006, 12:19 PM
really wonderfull man ;)
Good Job :thumbsup:

Cleveland
03-15-2006, 02:08 PM
hey zapan. she's beautiful. wonderfully modeled and i like the pose. it looks just like your concept drawing. but there is something about it that looks a little off. i think her center of gravity may be too much over her rear foot (the bent leg). i think you should shift it forward a little or to my eye she looks like she might be about to fall over. other than that, i'm looking forward to seeing the others. are you going to reuse the anatomy entirely, a bit or not at all??

cleveland.

Rebeccak
03-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow, Steph, this looks so effortless for you! :thumbsup: Nicely expressive, can't wait to see more!

~"Beckie"

coochaki
03-15-2006, 02:57 PM
great modeling , nice pose too...
:p

DimitrisLiatsos
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM
@ DimitrisLiatsos : Ahahaha , you mean like this (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/frombehind.jpg) ? :scream: !! Rebecca called me thongtastic one day I guess she was right ... I bet people won't ever see it (especially considering we will see her from her front) but I know it's here so I feel a lot better ! :scream: .... so ... NYARK again ? :D

> Aahhahahahaha ....Nyaaark! :D

Rebeccak
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM
LMKAOITS!!! I didn't see this post!!! How could I have missed it!!! :scream: :bounce: :scream: :bounce: :scream: :bounce:

Silgrin
03-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Great model! I`m really interested how you will texture her. She`s already rigged and posed! Huge work for so short time...

Poonks
03-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I love this elf :bounce: :bounce:

She looks so sad... :sad: I think u will have great emotions with this sad elves...
Keep rockin' my friend and shwo us ardeche's powwaaaaaaaa :buttrock:

So hop hop hop lets go to work and stop spamming it's time to work my friend

daWinky
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey Stéphane,

I was offline for a few days and now I'm just amazed to see what you've done in this short time:eek: ...
Your fairy is just beautiful and I love how you posed her, very expressive:thumbsup: .
So nothing to crit here...can't wait to see the other elves, or are you going to texture her first?
Anyways, I'm looking out for updates now!:bounce:
-sabrina

antone-m
03-15-2006, 09:09 PM
cool updates

BobbEr
03-15-2006, 10:02 PM
WOW!!! Great character & cool pose! Very nice update!:thumbsup:

Zapan
03-15-2006, 10:54 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142463289_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142463289_large.jpg)

Ok here's the modification on the face ... yep , I didn't change lot of things but I think it should be ok since she should be half hidden by her hand and hair ... I also change the pose of her left foot ...

I need to take a break on that elf for a while so I will start another character tomorrow ... I hope this one will go faster ...

let me know what you guys think of .

cheers ,

-Zapan

makaron
03-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Nyark!

that face is just :thumbsup: well done Zapan... your daily peanut is served now... :p

Zapan
03-15-2006, 11:23 PM
@ madshooter : Ahaha , thx a lot Roshan !

@ Lemog : aww Laurent , so great to see you , Thx a lot for your kind words , makes me feel really proud if you're proud of me !! :)

@ Gunilla : Ah great , glad to hear you're agree with that , sure they will be subtle colors , don't want to make some Power Rangers outfits :scream: ... and ahahahah , I don't think about anything at all ... never ... :scream:

@ funkyboss : Thx a lot Carl ... arf I'm rushing I swear , I can't do faster !!

@ Selina42 : Aww , thx a lot Selina , gladly appreciated those two thumbs up !!

@ Elendil le Grand : Thx a lot Nico !!

@ Cleveland : Thx a lot man , yeah you were right about the pose , I slightely move her left foot to give her more stability ... find it better like that ?
Yes , I'm gonna reuse the same body mesh for the others , because they have totally different poses and POV , so I guess it should be fine ... I 'm gonna make different faces and clothes tho ... Thx for droppin by mate !

@ Rebecca : Thx a lot Beckie ... huhu ^^ chears !

@ Coochaki : Thx a lot Mohammad !!

@ DimitrisLiatsos : :scream: .... :beer:

@ Rebecca again : What ? your panoramic korean eyes had a failure ? :D :wise:
Maybe I could get that butt pic as avatar ... nah every girls would throw stones at me if so ... :scream:

@ Silgrin : Thx a lot , well texture won't appear very soon , I'm gonna model another character before ... And I cheated on the pose , I separated the model in diferents parts to move it independently ... and remerged these and tweaked to look it better ... faster way for me than a complex skinning and rigging for a pretty heavy mesh like this one since I totally suck at skinning and such ...

@ Poonks : Thx a lot friend ... hey I work the much I can !!!

@ daWinky : Hey Sabie , great to see you !! Thank you very much ! no I'm gonna start another one and get back to her for texture ... yep that's the plan ! :)

@ the best : Thx man !

@ BobbEr : Thx a lot Roman ! Glad you like it !!

@ makaron : Ahhaahah , thx a lot Mon ' .... for the peanut , I can go to bed now and sleep well without any worries about by greed for peanuts :) ...

cheers everyone ,

-Zapan

Rebeccak
03-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Wow, this would make a great Tylenol commercial...for elves. :D :thumbsup: :bounce:

~"Beckie"

nelsonteixeira
03-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Really an outstandin job done here... what else can be said?? Keep going!!

SONIC-X
03-16-2006, 05:45 AM
She is just great dude.Keep up the exellent work.

antone-m
03-16-2006, 06:07 AM
hmmm the expression need more working maybe u can make her hand cover all her face like this
http://www.eborg3.com/Graphics/Bible/66-Revelation/Rev18/sorrow.jpg
or make her face like this
http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/04/05/1112683199_3816.jpg

authentic
03-16-2006, 08:53 AM
impressive character. For the pose I would just change a little the hand on the head. I would put it a little more down and would let less hole between the fingers (les doigts plus rapproches).

Good luck for next steps.:D

Poonks
03-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Hey hey great expression my friend! :thumbsup:

I will say the same thing than authentic... surtout le petit doigt qui est trop droit et trop en l'air...

Keep it up :)

asbassie
03-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Beautiful elf. You got talent...No kidding.This is Animazing!!! At first I thought those ears are a bit much, I looked again... and I can't find anything wrong.Your modeling is truly superior.

daWinky
03-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Wow, this would make a great Tylenol commercial...for elves.

I agree with Becca here, she looks like she has a bad headache:scream: , but really good for the situation, very convincing...:thumbsup: ...Great work Stéphane, your character modeling is amazing! Now I'm waiting for the other elves!:bounce:

-sabrina

Gunilla
03-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah - good update, this gives just the right expression. Moody!

Ahahaha , you mean like this (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/frombehind.jpg) ?

Mouahahaha! Didn't see that until now - you're really a freak for details :D :thumbsup:

MacAndre
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
nice char. just need a little work on the face, but in the end you will nail that expression for sure... ;)

tuck
03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Good expression! Can't wait to see some shaders.

newellteapot
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Lovely model, good luck! I'll come visiting this thread again :)

Zom-B
03-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Lookin good. Can't wait to see the other characters.

BobbEr
03-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow! Great pose and face expreshion! Your good clear modeling looks very well here! Waiting for textures!

-Roman

shakes
03-16-2006, 07:51 PM
real sense of emotion you got there..perfection mate! the figure is superb

rattlesnake
03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
yeah man..i think this pose is now better, and the expressoins fits very good to the emotions she have about the chaos..good luck with your next character modeling..this one looks really good
:thumbsup:

Zapan
03-16-2006, 11:13 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142550813_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142550813_large.jpg)

I started the 2nd character .. should be the right one with the bow ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
@ Rebecca : LMKAO ! Hey I could use that Tylenol right now ... :argh:

@ Nelsonteixeira : Thx a lot man !

@ Sonic-X : Thx a lot Corrie , really glad you like her !

@ The best : yep some great ideas here , well I'm gonna give it some thinking to improve the pose ... thx for help !

@ authentic : Thx a lot Vincent , it sounds like great suggestions , I surely gonna try that ! thx a lot !

@ Poonks : Thx man , yeah I'll try that , sounds great !

@ asbassie : Thank you so much man !

@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabie , yep started already ... :)

@ Gunilla : Mon Derriere Rouler !! :scream: I guess I got the sense of details for some stuff ... :D
Thx a lot Gunie !

@ mac_andre : Thx , yep , it still needs to be tweaked , gonna take care of it soon .

@ tuck : Thx a lot Tuck , in the other hand , you're freakin' me up here , as you may know I'm not really comfortable with texturing and seeing the fantastic work you've done on yours I got a lot of pressure now :surprised :scream: ... Well I'll try to do my best !

@ monica-taddei : Thx a lot Monica ! you're welcome here anytime ...

@ Zom-B : Thx a lot man !

@ BobbEr : Thx a lot Roman ... and now the texturing pressure on my shoulders just raised a level :D

@ rattlesnake : Ah yes , Thx a lot Jorge , really pleased to hear ... started the other one yet ... no time to lose :beer: :)

cheers everyone ... ,

-Zapan

Climax
03-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Details on face are great, head is maybe a bit wide, the skull is also too large to the back part, Little details, but I would marry her anyway :D:cool:

antone-m
03-17-2006, 04:42 AM
hmmm I think u need to change the face alittle to define each character

SONIC-X
03-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Nice start on second character.You must be running a character factory there by your place.

Keep it up.

Lemog
03-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I really appreciate the side view Cadet... well done... :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-17-2006, 05:49 PM
@ Climax : Thx a lo my friend !! ahaha , you could marry her despite her long sharped ears ? :scream:
I slightely changed her face according to your suggestions , and it works better I think ... thx Omar , I'll post it later with the body update ...

@ the best : you think she looks like too much with the previous one ? that's weird , I used a whole different mesh tho ... Well I hope I will able to improve her face to give her much personality ...

@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot Corrie , well you know characters is pretty much all I do ... I would be way more anxious if someone would asking me to do a car :) ...

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent , really glad to have you supporting me ...

Ok I will start the body clothing since I'm gonna reuse the previous body mesh ... Hope I will have something to show tonight ... Thx a lot everyone !

cheers ,

-Zapan

alancamara
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey Steph, great start with 2nd, she's coming very nice as usual, I'm around my friend

Alan

Gunilla
03-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Oh dear - I'm late on commenting on your last update.
hmmm...welll.... nothing to crit really :D
Just crawling at your feet as usual :thumbsup:

makaron
03-18-2006, 08:56 AM
she looks exactly like me :eek: naaa.. I´m such a liar... :scream:

but she looks very nice... like how you do faces, sharp lines but still a soft apparance...
well done... :thumbsup: your daily peanut is served... Zapan...

and Ninja and Sunny agree with this words ..., .... .........!

Zapan
03-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Ahah , morning girls :) !

@ Gunilla : thx a lot sweetie , oh and I'm late for my daily update too , maybe because I'm on too much useless details ... If you know what I mean :scream: ...

@ makaron : this is you ? with this such huge ears ? :D ... thx a lot Mon' , great to have morning peanut ... I feel like a GP without fur here :scream: ....

See ya later and have a great week end all !

chears , :)

-Steph

EDIT : oops :

@ Alancamara : Thx a lot Alan ... I'm on it !! cheers friend ! :)

ecura
03-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Very nicely modelled face, very big ears hee :). Topology looks is very well set out. A fantastic start!

Zapan
03-18-2006, 02:33 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142692407_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142692407_large.jpg)

Body cloths for the 2nd character ... well ... half-cloths ... I believe there's only hot weather in Heroic-Fantasy...

cheers ,

-Zapan

JurajMolcak
03-18-2006, 02:45 PM
My girlfriend is so angry with half-cloths on Heroic-Fantasy woman´s characters. I am always happy with bubsy half-clad woman´s heroic characters :thumbsup: Your modeling is superb, keep up good work, keep up hot weather.

makaron
03-18-2006, 03:50 PM
@ makaron : this is you ? with this such huge ears ? :D

yeah, but I have long hair so I hide my huge ears... haha...

and now you done my body too.. Zapan... :p haha... ;) nice...

and have to agree it seems like the weather is warm in heroic land... let´s see some legs... :bounce:
here a peanut so you can be back at work... Nyark!

shakes
03-18-2006, 08:45 PM
nice and consistent work Stephane..I must say, you make very sexy women!

antone-m
03-18-2006, 09:36 PM
lol they have very hot weather :argh:
keep going cool updates :applause:

rattlesnake
03-18-2006, 10:03 PM
:eek:good anatomy:drool:.ahh yeah also cloth is cool, but anatomy catched my eye first sorry:scream:

i like your custom designs , great ornamental work on it

schaal
03-19-2006, 04:49 AM
Lovely modelling, so far, congrats.

megabytes2004
03-19-2006, 07:02 AM
I like the design and the way you model the whole thing, I cant wait to see the complete model with textures and hair. Nice modeling u got there, hope to see more post in the future.

Cheers!!!
megabytes2004

Gunilla
03-19-2006, 08:26 AM
And of course she is really beautiful... love the ornaments (and the practical part of me have stopped wondering how those clothes will stay on when she moves) :D
It really looks very cool - great work :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-19-2006, 11:21 AM
:bounce: Yesss...my preciouuuusssss.!....cool ornament work...on a cool body . :bounce:

madshooter
03-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Nice details dude , ornament details looks great:thumbsup: she is hot:) so cheers to her:beer:

Keep going dude:bounce: :thumbsup:

kikkokman
03-19-2006, 12:25 PM
nice model and Good luck kub.

Zapan
03-19-2006, 01:08 PM
@ Oweron : Ahah , I would say that the effect would be very less interesting with jogger pants and a big coat :scream: ... Thx a lot man ... will try to not disappoint you with the next ...

@ makaron : aha , I was thinking make her some red hair but now , I feel tempted to make them blond :scream: ... btw If someday I go to Sweden , remind me to check you ears :D ... nyark , nyark !

@ shakes : Thx a lot John !!

@ the best : Thx a lot Tony !!

@ rattlesnake : Ahahah ! Thx a lot Jorge ... somehow I think our attention is always more focused on the anatomy when there are cloths on than she would be fully naked :curious: :scream:

@ schaal : Hi there ! thx a lot man !

@ megabytes2004 : Thx a lot ! I'm planning to start textures when this will be done ...

@ Gunilla : Mon Derriere Rouler :scream: ... :scream: I'm always fascinated by women 's practical senses ! ... I thought about how is it holding , so I hooked it in her back , but I didn't thought about her moves .... mmmh ... food for thoughts... :wise: ...
Thx a lot dear !

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Bunch of nyark Dimi ... Hey ! you're a mind reader , I thought maybe add some rings or something on their hands :)

@ madshooter : Ahah , thx a lot Roshan !:beer:

@ kikkokman : Hi there , thx a lot ! good luck to you !

cheers ,

-Zapan

reiv
03-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey Zapan,
Good work so far :thumbsup:
Keep it up!

Cheers,
reiv.

CryingHorn
03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah she is beautiful indeed, good luck!

CHAMPWY
03-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Very nice concepts! Wow... I like your style. The modeling is great too. Good Luck Zap :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm always fascinated by women 's practical senses !

Haha - well it's simply like.."hey - cool outfit...I wonder how it would look on me?" If women where practical we wouldn't wear high heels, right? :D

So - just chatting away here - waiting for her legs... and her high heels? ;)

SuperXCM
03-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Hello,

i like a lot your modeling, very clean, and nice characters, you do a great work. :wip:

Keep this way. :beer:

makaron
03-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Nyark!!!

I bet its ducktape :P that her "shirt" is made off... :bounce: so she can run around in the woods without it falls off...

Vedic-kings
03-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Looking great! The hip area looks a little flat, but I may just be the angle.

Zapan
03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
@ reiv : Aaaahhh ... my favourite 3d artist around !! thx a lot man , and thx for coming by over here ! cheers ... :)

@ Crying Horn : Thx a lot man ! best of luck to you too !

@ CHAMPWY : thx a lot for your kind words ! best of luck to you too !

@ Gunilla : Ahahah , even if I have no idea how you look like , somehow it's way more pleasant to picture you with that kind of cloths than a rubbersuit :p ... I know : IYD,B :scream: ...
And oh god I was so lazy today , torn between 2 hours of snailing in front the tv then 2 mins of extruding edges then delete then go back to the couch ... :argh: ... so I guess you will have to wait tomorrow evening to see some high heels here :blush: ... I know : shame on me :banghead:

@ SuperXCM : Hey Lombardo , thx a lot man , glad to hear you like it ... ouh I have to find your thread mate ! cheers ....

@ makaron : ahah , well if we could imagine that there 's only summer in heroic lands , maybe it also can't defy gravity too , isn't it ? and Mr Newton is sleeping quietly in his grave... :D

@ Vedic kings : Thx a lot Josh ... mmh ... I didn't see that ... mmh maybe it's the angle ... wait I have to check that ! thx man ...

cheers everyone ,

-Zapan

daWinky
03-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Morning Stéphane!

Wow, the second character is already half finished, really no snailing around here:eek: !

She's again very beautiful:thumbsup: ...interesting to see your vision of "clothing"...very minimalist, no waisting of fabric:D !

Have a nice day!:wavey:

-sabrina

makaron
03-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Nyark! time to wake up mr Newton then, when you gonna design the 3rd elf... Zapan... haha :p hope you show us "your" legs soon... :bounce:

SONIC-X
03-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Great progress on the second character and thanks for the hot weather.

pierite
03-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Superbe début de modélisation de l'elfe ! me tarde de voir tes prochaines étapes d'avancement. Bonne chance pour le concours !

Elendil_le_Grand
03-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Encore un belle mod en perspective ;)

ThierryS
03-20-2006, 08:38 AM
What to say!... she's so beautifull man, congrats Steph:bounce: . I like the cloth design and she has a perfect body and face. Can't wait to see her in colour!

flaeticia
03-20-2006, 11:11 AM
wOw CrazY boY:scream:

I dont have words enough strong to say all what I think :o
no doesnt imagine anything other :p
I speak just about the organic modeling carried out with success :p
in any case cheer !
Before I manage to do that, I believe that it will be necessary that I rise early (however I already early rise 5 hour of the morning :p)

Keep up the good work Cadet huhuhu :D

Lemog
03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Héhé... your weather way totally agree me... nothing for the trash... I keep her :beer:

Nothingness
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
now that's what i call detail ! :drool:

everything looking just fantastic and clean. Defenitly think you're a great modeler and maybe i could even use your help on something :blush:

You're doing amazing stuff here!

Cleveland
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
hey zapan, keep it up, man. yup, the pose on the first girl is perfect now, especially with the adjustment of the hand, too. for the second girl, well, she's going to be as good as the first, obviously. i'm a huge fan of her, um, thong/bikini type thing. let's hope fashion comes around to your way of thinking...

cleveland

Rebeccak
03-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Heya Steph, :) I'm really lovin' the Victoria's Secret Elf ~ who knew that elves could be panty models? :D :scream: But seriously (if this is possible) great work! :thumbsup:

~"Beckie"

polygonwarrior
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
the female model is coming out good buddy.

Zapan
03-20-2006, 09:40 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142890848_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142890848_large.jpg)

Hi I've completed the 2nd elf ... well almost , some details will be add on the final framing according to the camera angle and to the textures ...

Here's the wireframe ...

Zapan
03-20-2006, 09:44 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142891050_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142891050_large.jpg)

... and renders .

Now I guess I've got enough material to start textures ... I don't have any other choice now ... wait .... ouh , I have to get her on pose before ...

Let me know what you guys think of

cheers ,

-Zapan

coochaki
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
great modeling

Zapan
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
@ daWinky : Ahah , morning Sabie !! (ouh 22h47) and it's finished now , yep no snailing , even dropped the snail avatar ! I would like to make a nice image so no more snail for me :) ... thx a lot for cheering ! ... aha , yep the "less is more" thing works for cloth too :scream: ...

@ makaron : NYYYYAAAAARRRKKKK !!! ahaha , thx a lot Mon' , see even more than just legs ! ... I'm pretty happy of her pirate's boots ... do you have any of those too ? :D

@ SONIC-X : ahah , thx a lot Corrie , and I'm a guy who always live in hot weather ... I just hate getting cold !

@ pierite : merci beaucoup ! , ouh I've to find your thread too !!!

@ Elendil le Grand : Merci beaucoup Nico !

@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry ! ahah , and now I'm scared for the color thing ... I've got Photoshophobia you know !

@ flaeticia : thx a lot Laeticia ! hey you dare calling me cadet ? even if you're younger than me ? :p

@ Lemog : ahahaha , thx a lot Laurent ... good to know you wouldn't throw her to the trash ! :scream:

@ Nothingness : Thx a lot mate ! sure ,well I'm not sure I would be good advice here , but I will try to help you if I can ! Gonna see your thread ... cheers !

@ Cleveland : Ahahaha , thx a lot mate ... Hey if somebody sell this one maybe he could name it after me ... :D

@ Rebecca : Wheeee heeee Beckie !! w00t ! ahahaha , tell me you thought just one second that I could dress her with old granny underwears ... :scream: ... tsss me and my sickness ...
Thx a lot and no ... seriousness is not allowed here ... :wise:

@ CUBISIS : Thx a lot mate !

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ coochaki : Thx a lot Mohammad !

Rebeccak
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
WOW what kind of snail juice are you on, Steph? :eek: Looks like you are Super Escargot now!!! :thumbsup: Beautiful model...now all she needs is some chopsticks and reserve kimchi in a backpack! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Actually I wouldn't mind seeing a snail / elf combo, maybe a snelf? :D

Chears / W00t, :D

~"Beckie"

makaron
03-20-2006, 10:14 PM
as Beckie wrote... Super Escargot ... :eek: with garlicjuice maybe... :p
nyark! Zapan... you are fast now... and the legs are just as I thought they would be... perfect!
here your peanut for the evening is served... :bounce:

alancamara
03-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh my God, She's beatiful. I want kown that girl

Great work Steph

Alan

Gunilla
03-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh - she's beautiful al right! ... and I want a pair of those boots! :drool:

Lovely detailing and for the pose... is she the angry one? Or more sad?
I'm sure you will have it all done tomorrow morning - snail on speed :D

glenn23
03-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Oh yes! She's even elegant and gorgeous in her bind pose. Very strong work!

se7enthcin
03-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Very nice modeling. Keep going because I would be very sad if you did anything else. ;)

Womball
03-20-2006, 11:58 PM
What a model! I love the little details on her! And she has some meat on her too.

DaVee
03-21-2006, 12:14 AM
OK! modeling is perfect.... Wow. I'll comeback next to see posing.

have a good day.

David.

medunecer
03-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Astounding! I have to repeat myself, but I love this girl! ...please, could you post a closeup of her?...thanks...

rattlesnake
03-21-2006, 03:13 AM
wow man youre fast!..are u drinking tnt? very fast and great modeling!..
man i only think that maybe the arrows are a bit small ..also the arrows bag..but u know maybe im wrong so ignore this..lol , the truth is that is looking great my friend:wise:.

rattlesnake
03-21-2006, 03:15 AM
oh yeah shes sexy!..needed to post that..hahaha

kfc
03-21-2006, 03:35 AM
Hey,
Great details on ur model.
I like it's look.
they are just so sexy and make me :drool:

antone-m
03-21-2006, 08:45 AM
hey cool update u know the hair gave her a personality keep going :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Really a wonderfull mod you're impressed me ;)
I want to see the next ...

Vedic-kings
03-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow great update! Love the hair!

Is it just me, but the hips look small, but that might just be cause I like wide hips on a girl:D

Keep up the great wook :thumbsup:

authentic
03-21-2006, 09:44 AM
your final modelisation is really great stephane. Very much personnality.

monks
03-21-2006, 09:54 AM
hey stephane,
really nice characters :thumbsup:...very good modeling ! can't wait for the textured version !
allez allez...;)

Lemog
03-21-2006, 10:06 AM
@ Lemog : ahahaha , thx a lot Laurent ... good to know you wouldn't throw her to the trash ! :scream:
... huhu... and now... maybe I want to marry her... hahahaha bon sans rire... tu vas passer au contrôle anti-dopage... you're so fast actually... maybe there's much cadets with you... to be also productive... :scream:
Good continuation... so interesting and impressive thread :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
03-21-2006, 10:09 AM
awesome modelling stephane . u need to make a video tutorial on how to modell characters . plzzzz pretty plzz :D

flaeticia
03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Ure always with the point of organic modeling huhu :D
Ill end up saying like Lolo ! Control anti doping obligatory :D
Goooooooooo junior ure one "cramé" :D

OniricCreative
03-21-2006, 10:54 AM
This thread is looking very good. Love ur sketches amn your modeling looks sweet ... especially the latest one... good work. Cant wait to see the progress of this. Keep it up and good luck!! :thumbsup:

funkyboss
03-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Simply.... stunning!
REally great job here!! Nothing more to say, am on my ***!!!

gpepper
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Speechless...

Zapan
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi all !

@ Rebecca : LMKAO :scream: ... snail juice !! ewwww ahaha.... a snail/elf combo ? a snelf ? Sounds more and more like Steph :D ... mmh but maybe I could include a tiny snail in the picture ... maybe even a korean bowlcut lady ... who knows ? *whistles like someone preparing nasty plans*...

@ makaron : peanut/garlicjuice ... ahah , thx Mon' perfect breakfast !! Glad you like the legs !

@ alancamara : Thx a lot Alan , ahaha , she doesn't have a name yet so that's pretty hard to introduce her ... mmh... have to think about it ...

@ Gunilla : you want the boots too ? Wait let me get that straight ... necklace ... boots ... NOT the panties ... ok , gonna send you all that ...
Thx a lot ... Yep she 's gonna be the angry one , that explains the "lion" style haircut , I will try to post the pose tonight , I hope...

@ Glenn23 : Thx a lot Glenn , so glad you like it !

@ se7enthcin : thx a lot mate , ouh I better be keep going , relly don't want to disappoint you here , I only hope my modest texturing skills won't let you down...

@ Womball : Ahaha , thx a lot mate !

@ : DaVee : Merci Beaucoup ! , I 'll try to post the pose tonight , thx for droppin' by , have a good day too !

@ Medunecer : Ahah , thx a lot Marco , glad to hear you like that one too ! ... Well I will post cloesups when I will have some texture on her , I hope that's ok ... cheers mate ...

@ Rattlesnake : ahaha , huh ? no ... only coffee I swear ... lot of coffee ... Yep maybe you're right about the arrows scale ... In fact when I modeled it , I did them even smaller ... I scale them up but apparently not enough , gonna fix that ! Thx a lot bro , really appreciate your kind comments ... Oh and when the challenge will be done , I'm already planning a couple of images with these girls ... could be something funny ! cheers !

@ kfc : ahaha , thx a lot mate , really glad to hear !

@ thebest : thx a lot man , yep I think that too , well I hope it's gonna be even better with alpha maps on it !

@ Elendil_le_grand : Thx a lot Nico , teh next should appears this evening ...

@ Vedic_Kings : Ahaha , thx lot Josh , well at first she had wider hips , but I wided them down to make her looking taller ...

@ authentic : Thx a lot Vincent ! Really glad you like it !

@ monks : Thx a lot Gregory ! I'm gonna start textures very soon ... ahaha , thx for the support ... but I hardly can be faster you know ...

@ Lemog : boahahaha , you want to marry HER ? what about all the Lemog's furies fanclub you got here ? huhuhu ... Non non je me shoot pas je jure !! , but somehow I've become more and more efficient since the last challenge , and since the tv isn't right next to me anymore:scream: ... Thx a lot Laurent !! and no haven't mini~me yet ... well I'm already mini you know :D

@ Agamemnwn : Thx a lot Jannis , oh and surely not , I couldn't do that with my risible english accent ... Da Shame !! But maybe I will make a whole step by step modeling of a character when I will finally have a decent website .... so approximatively ... never :banghead: :argh:

@ flaeticia : Ahahah ... euh non , pas de dopage , croix de bois , croix de fer , seulement plus rapide qu'avant , bah en meme temps je pouvais difficlement etre plus lent ...

@ Loris_ : Hey ! thx a lot , really glad you like her !

@ funkyboss : Thx a lot Carl !!

@ gpepper : Thx a lot Gilles !!

cheers everyone ,

-Steph

Nothingness
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
auwch, that model rocks!

thanks again for the comment on the head. I improved it a bit and will show it as soon as the body is finished too.

Luckily i chose a different style for my characters cause i defenitly coudn't beat this one

:bowdown:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142891050_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1142891050_large.jpg)

Awesomeness !!! :bounce:

Dervish
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
great modelling, and nice weather conditions ^^ love it.

agou
03-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Hiyaaa le Steph'!

Great great great modeling, I really like it. I like the crying elve, she has a good attitude, you can really feel her feelings. So go on, and keep on doping if you want, with coffee, salad, anything ! I'm looking forward your next update!

:bounce:
(ssschbiing!!!)

Climax
03-21-2006, 06:04 PM
YEAH BABY!! :drool: I hope It is ok to have an harem in the elf land!;)

oceanbluesky
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM
first class modeling, couldn't help clicking on her -- no wonder you're first in replies! Good luck!

grooshka
03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
:eek:well, I'm speechless. no need to comment here. you definitely know what you do and where you are going. I'll be glad if you just could take me with you on this fantastic journey... :D

makaron
03-21-2006, 10:52 PM
you have to put a little tiny snail. "snelf" in the final picture... that´s your trademark now :p

Rebeccak
03-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Steph: LMKAO :scream: ... snail juice !! ewwww ahaha.... a snail/elf combo ? a snelf ? Sounds more and more like Steph :D ... mmh but maybe I could include a tiny snail in the picture ... maybe even a korean bowlcut lady ... who knows ? *whistles like someone preparing nasty plans*...
:eek: You...wouldn't...dare!!! *cracks knuckles* *prepares image editing program* Bring it on!!! :scream: :eek: :scream:

@ Gunilla : you want the boots too ? Wait let me get that straight ... necklace ... boots ... NOT the panties ... ok , gonna send you all that ...
Thx a lot ... Yep she 's gonna be the angry one , that explains the "lion" style haircut , I will try to post the pose tonight , I hope...
Gunie, I think that Steph here has a fascination with accessories, panties, and haircuts...shall you call his mother, or shall I? :scream:

"Hello, Mrs. Brouty? It's about your son..." :scream:

Chears, ;)

~"Beckie"

beelow
03-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Ur moving along rather nicely, keep it up! Will check nack later!:thumbsup:

stavrevstefan
03-22-2006, 03:31 AM
Can u please post wire..

I wanna see the hair...

By the way very nice modeling...

stavrevstefan
03-22-2006, 03:52 AM
I just saw the wire on page 29...

Is that the wire for unsmoothed version? cause if u say that is the smoothed version i must say :

Wooooooooooow

tilite
03-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Awesomeness !!! :bounce:

Yeah... what he said :D

daWinky
03-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Morning Stéph!

Huh, I'm again a little late now with comments, but this is just because you're unfamiliar fast working now:blush: !

The elf is just great, very beautiful:thumbsup: and I say nothing about the practical side of high heels in the forest...maybe your elves are on the journey to Paris, starting a model career...
Looking forward to see the last one posed!:bounce:

Have a nice day!

-sabrina

Zapan
03-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Morning friends !!

@ Nothingness : Thx a lot man , oh well the real pain for me is gonna start now ...textures ... argh :argh: :)

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Aha, thx a lot Dimi !

@ Dervish : ahah , thx a lot , glad you like it !

@ agou : hiya la sophinette !! thx a lot .... aaahhh , thx for allowing me some coffe and salad dope :scream: ... ssschboing .... ssschboing

@ Climax : bohahahahaha :scream: .... at least they are three ... thx

@ oceanbluesky : thx a lot mate !

@ grooshka : thx a lot , you're welcome here anytime , and every suggestions are more than welcome too ....

@ makaron : ahaha , like "where's waldo" for snails geek ? :scream: ... ok I will hide one in the picture , let's see you will find it ! :D

@ Rebecca : ahaha , exactly like the previous comment , I will hide a beckie in the scene "where's Beckie" for korean geek !! :scream:
"Hello, Mrs. Brouty? It's about your son..."

And you think my parents could understand a single word in english ??? good luck huhuhu ^^

@ beelow : thx a lot Bryce !! ouh I'm gonna check your portfolio w00t !

@ stavrevstefan : thx a lot , no no that's the lowpoly wireframe ... ahah

@ tilite : Thx a lot mate !!

Ok I had some problems with the duck pose ... really difficult pose me think , so I have to rework and edit each part of the model in pose ... so things should go a little bit slower for a while ... But as I'm working parts separately , I will texture them in the same time ...
So see you guys soon and thx everybody for the splendid support you gave me until now , you guys rock !!

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT : @ daWinky : thx a lot Sabrina , yeah isn't that crazy ? , well ,no doubts I'm gonna slow down with textures and stuff ... huhu ^^

exerion
03-22-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm a little aroused, nice work! :applause:

Gunilla
03-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Morning Steph!
Oh yeah, Monas idea of placing a small snail in there somewhere is really good. Should be a good Trademark for your future work

And you think my parents could understand a single word in english ???

Well... I do speak some french, and if they speak korean perhaps Beckie...?

SONIC-X
03-22-2006, 10:17 AM
That is one pretty elf.

stavrevstefan
03-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks god...

Cause if u said that was smoothed wire, i would have quited 3d...hehe

Will be around waiting to see her hair.I have never made hair like that.Usually with paint effects or hair plugin in maya,but it is very slow for render and animation...

So could u give me some directions,maybe some tutorial u learned from or whatever to help me make a hair like that.If i try i would definetly make it, but i just wanna read about the process , to see how other people make it...

I am 17,still have lots lots to learn so Zapan help Bro...

pitiwazou
03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Ca commence a bien déchirer !!!

Very good stuff Zapan, I like your model and the details !

Good luck for this challenge ;)

Wazou

][ndy
03-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Awesome work dude!
I think you could improve, errr, uhhm... well, nothing!
I think you are doing a fine job there, keep it up.
Can't wait to see your texture skills!

Gunilla
03-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Evening, Steph :)
It's been several days without update now... you're not entering snail state, are you?

http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif

Cygnus-X
03-22-2006, 10:14 PM
I just drop by to say "WOW great work" i really like your modeling. keep it up i'll fallow your tread for sure :buttrock:

collings
03-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Excellent work dude, this girl looks really sweet :thumbsup:
Keep it up ;)

antone-m
03-23-2006, 04:44 AM
hey steph time for update :bounce: update :bounce: update :bounce: update :bounce: update :bounce:

Wandddo
03-23-2006, 05:00 AM
work really great!! awesome model !! keep coming guy... certainly the finish will be fantastic!!

ThierryS
03-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Yow, she looks wonderfull! Excellent modeling and design Steph!

centurionit
03-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Your elf is beautiful! 5 stars for me!!!
I like your modeling and proportions.
Is going to be a great challenge for you.
Good luck.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330707

hhssuu
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
WOW that's an alsome model man, very impressive!!!

Versiden
03-23-2006, 09:38 AM
can't see anything to improve on, the model is done very well. Anatomy looks spot on, nice proportions.

cheerz

MichaelZHsee
03-23-2006, 10:10 AM
excellent modelling steph,the proportion is fantasticly accurate and i love the design as well.looking forward to the textured model:thumbsup:

asbassie
03-23-2006, 10:39 AM
How could I have missed this up to now? Your 3D work is astounding. The female Elf is truly beautiful and those details need only compliment...Can't wait to see the final work,so I'll keep watching your progress. WOW.

coolrio
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
insane work!.. man i love your elf:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MY JOURNEY (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=325612)

yeray
03-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Good work men :) nice modelling, good luck

Zapan
03-23-2006, 02:41 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143124878_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9662/9662_1143124878_large.jpg)

Hi all !

Small update to show you that I'm still on it ... and also to show to a little swedish bird that I'm not snailing ...

She still needs a lot of surgery on her arms and legs , but at least I think I'm going somewhere with this.
And since that's a really boring work to tweak all these bad deformations I made some tests on few plans of the hair shader ...

Will come back later for the full pose and also with the whole haircut ... she kinda looks like Gollum with her actual haircut ...

let me know what you guys think of

cheers ,

-Zapan

gpepper
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Putain, tu me déchires ! Excellent boulot ! le rendu est top et la texture de cheveux excellente ! Continue, ça sent l'award !

You really kick my ass ! Great job ! Render and texture of heir are great ! If you continue it will smell the award !

NACL
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Wonderful works. The facial epression is killing. Looking forward for the next update. Thumbs up.:thumbsup:

stavrevstefan
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
I love it ...

Please tell me how did u make the hair?

Paint effects? or just polygons with texture...

And keep up this great work

alancamara
03-23-2006, 02:50 PM
wow, is great. really so good. The pose, expression I liked. Great update Steph

Alan

Zapan
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM
@ [exerion] : Thx a lot man !

@ Gunilla : ahahah, my parents don't have phone :D ... And sure , will try to hide a snail up here ... huhu ...

@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot for her , Corrie !

@ stavrevstefan : Well I think this kind of hair works pretty well for a picture ... but I'm not sure it will be faster to render tho ... I don't really know tutorial about this technic , I discovered this on a thread few years ago ... and then a I spend lot of time tweaking to find a good setting ... but the thing is pretty simple : one hair black and white map on in the alpha channel of the shader ... the same one in the specular channel , and the inverted one of the same in the bump channel ... that's it ...

@ pitiwazou : Hey Cédric , great to see you , thx a lot mate !

@ ][ndy : Thx a lot mate ! well I hope I won't scerw this up with really bad textures ....

@ Gunilla again : ahahaha , thx Gunie for the pink skirt couple !! oh btw really cute blue mite ! Cool kid Gunie then w00t !

@ Cygnus_X : Hey there , thx a lot for coming by and you kind comment !! cheers ....

@ Collings : Hey Nico ! thx a lot mate !

@ thebest : yeah , yeah , yeah I'm here ! ahah

@ Wandddo : Thx a lot mate , well the finish sounds to be really really far !

@ thierry2005 : Hey Thierry , thx a lot , glad to hear you like it !

@ hhssuu : Thx a lot mate !

@ Versiden : Hey Martin , thx a lot for your kind comment ! cheers ....

@ MichaelZHsee : Hey friend , thx a lot for coming by here , and for your kind comment !

@ asbassie : Thx a lot mate !

@ terminus_ad_quem : Thx a lot mate !

@ yeray : Thx a lot mate !

OMG so much feedbacks on that previous update , thx a million everyone , that's the best motivation ever !!! I only hope I will be able to keep that work interesting on the next -and way more difficult for me- steps of this !

Thx a again

cheers ,

-Zapan

EDIT :

@ gpepper : Ahahah , thx a lot Gilles ! Really glad you like !

@ NACL : Thx a lot mate !

@ stavrevstefan : arf crossing posts ... I made you a short description on that post ;)

Rebeccak
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Ahhh she is yelling, 'Give me the rest of my hair, Steph!' :scream: :bounce:

Great stuff...keep it coming KCC!!! :thumbsup:

~"Beckie"