PDA

View Full Version : Site Check please

Maxx
12-13-2002, 01:57 PM
Okay - first off, this site is nowhere near ready for an actual (content) site check. However, what I need - if you guys and gals don't mind - is some testers for fonts and load times so far.

If you could hit http://www.cessories.com/tester/md/index.swf and then click the "3d" link, I'd appreciate it. What I'm looking for is this:

1. The font name is "j.d." - does it show up as a handwriting font in your browser? If not, what is the font?

2. Do the preloaders work at all? It's a scale tweened mask that is giving me a bit of a fit in the authoring environment, but I'm not sure what it'll do on other systems.

That's it as far as I can tell. I appreciate any and all help and will do my damnedest to return the favor ASAP.

Thanks!

P.S.- The only link that really does anything other than move the other menu items down is 3d, so feel free to click around, but don't be surprised if it's real boring :rolleyes: .

Rye
12-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Hey maxx

yup the font looks like its handwritten. The preloader worked fine too.

You may have already noticed this stuff, but Web Design is spelled wrong (you spelled it web Desin). Also when you click one of the links and they scroll down, you cannot click on any of the ones that moved down, so you have to click the link agaiun to close it, then you can click on any of them. Also if you are on web, and you want to go to 2d, if you click on 2d everythuing just scrolls back up, so you have to click on 2d again. Its hard to explain, hoefully you know what im talking about :) Good luck

-Rye

Maxx
12-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks for taking a look, Rye. Good to know that the stuff is at least working correctly. And actually, the problem with Web Design is that, in the version I posted i forgot to include the "g" with the rest of the font! As for the rest, it's very much a work in progress still, so I'm working on tweaking, etc. I'm actually trying to figure out how to keep the other buttons enabled and only roll up the ones that are down when you click a different menu item while one is expanded. I think I've got it, but I'm not sure quite yet - hence the having to close the current menu to access any others. Thanks for the notice that that's kind of a pain in the butt or I'd probably have forgotten to fix it!

Again, thanks for taking the time to look.

Maxx
12-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Quick update to the site - still very much a work in progress, but if anyone can take a look and let me know what you think so far, that'd be great! The only section I've got going totally right now is the 3D->Products section.

Stuff I still have to do:

1. Put some kind of graphic on the opening page. It's boring all ... blank.
2. Follow Rye's suggestions and figure out how to fix the main nav menu.
3. Add the rest of the site.

Other than that, it's done! Wee-haw! I think I've been working a little too long on this thing today.

Anyway, Rye was kind enough to let me know that the preloaders worked for him, but I still don't get them working as advertised on my own system (the scribble is supposed to grow as the page loads), so any words on that would be great. Also, if you could take a sec and evaluate the download time and let me know what speed connection you're on, I'd appreciate that much.

Thanks alot!

*EDIT*

D'oh! the adress is now http://www.cessories.com/tester/md

J_A_X
12-14-2002, 06:58 AM
not bad at all...the theme is good in my opinion....
just one thing...try to do the screen thing a bit smaller so that you have better FPS...and also crank up the fps on the flash so that the tweening will be smooth....around 24 fps is good

Maxx
12-14-2002, 12:22 PM
Good call on the fps - I'll be playing with that today. Thanks for taking a look and for the advice!

Michael Chen
12-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Handwriting fonts all the way.

Nice preloader :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.