PDA

View Full Version : ROBERTO'S BULLHORN: DUNE....So Jay or Nay?

RobertoOrtiz
02-28-2006, 06:43 AM
So do you guys wnat to do this or not?

What special rules should we apply to this, so it does NOT kill the forum?

_R

Princess Irulan:

A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then, that is is the year 10191.

The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the universe without moving. Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah, who would lead them to true freedom.

The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune.

More details soon.

-R

Sneakybunny
02-28-2006, 07:29 AM
ROB NO WAY, man i love the world of DUNE Harkonnen owned (kicked ass). So is this based off Frank Herbert books or the 1984 movie?

oh man i not gonna sleep tonight this is so cool. blue eyes, spice, devistators and Sandworms

Crimsonstring
02-28-2006, 10:30 PM
This should be good...nah, scratch that. This should be great!

mindofka
03-06-2006, 01:12 AM
If you're possibly searching for a duneaddict, here's one.
From Bene Gesserit School, hope you're not one of the Tleilaxu, you......dancing face :D

RobertoOrtiz
03-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Do you guys want a FULL WEEK of topics?

-R

billcunningham
03-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Although I agree with those in the "where is everybody?" thread that feel the weeklong themes got a bit long... I would personally be extremely excited about a week of Dune themes.

Was this inspired by the recent DVD re-release?

Oddly enough, I'm re-reading the novels right this very moment.

djtrousdale
03-07-2006, 03:20 AM
I don't think an entire week is necessary. Maybe pick 2 or 3 or 4 of the best Dune-related topics and do those. Reason is, not everyone has read the Dune series (I picked it up once but never finished it)

CodeNothing
03-08-2006, 01:06 AM
I think 2 or 3 topics a week for 4 weeks. Even if there are people excited about the topic i think they will give the sketches more justice if they are stretched out more. and people who arnt excited about the topic wont take a 7 day break. Just my suggestion. :)

Sneakybunny
03-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Roberto i think maybe post the 2-5 topics at once for dune. So monday you get like 2-5 choices and draw the in order of prefferance. I only saying this because ive spread my spare time around very thin. I want to draw but when it comes down to it, i really like to think about want i draw first. So i think it would be cool if you posted all the topics at once so people can choose what want to draw first (give people more time to think).

all and all i will make an effort to draw the dune DSG when it gets posted

cheer jay

ps i sorry:banghead: about not posts sketches this last week and a bit

RobertoOrtiz
03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
So do you guys wnat to do this or not?

What special rules should we apply to this, so it does NOT kill the forum?

_R

RobertoOrtiz
03-21-2006, 06:40 AM
boinkboink

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2006, 06:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.