PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Bryce Smith

Pages : 1 [2]

beelow
04-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Walrus- thanx for the tips bud. I will make the changes and make it a little more accurate!

GonzaloGolpe- Thanx dude, glad u like it this way!:thumbsup:

anbeejieh- thanx dude, nice Idea will do, I am also gonna add skulls and here and there, animals, humans I don't know yet. I will find something though!:thumbsup:

Zephyri- Thanx Sam, yeah I am gonna a lot more to increase the drama in this image! I am also worried that I can overdo it, and I do not want to do that as well! Thanx!

MikeTheHunter- Thanx I will pay special attention to that, thanx again!

Arc80- Thanx, ArchieP! Yeah I will continue with it! I may have to revisit the color pallete again, what u think?

Queensoul- Thanx Queenie! I will do my best!

makaron- Thanx, mona I will, try to step it up even more!

sergioKomic- Thanx surge for the support! We still got to do the Exploration, hehe!:D

Jose-Pardo- Thanx for dropping by bud, I will make the revisions dude, I am still unhappy with it, damn!:banghead:

gpepper-Thanx dude, I will try to get it much better!

MrFreeman- Don't worry dude. I don't trip! But there are still a lot of improvements that I have to make!

AWaqas- thanx dude, I am glad that u dropped by!

Cyberone- Yeah I know, so I am gonna try to make revision on that, thanx Simon!

sean-a-murray- Naw it isn't. I shot reference for it! So no worries, I can make the changes now that I have what I want kind of, hehe! I may have to saturate the foreground a bit, still a lot of work to do! Thanx for catching that with with the guy in the middle ground. I can't believe I missed that, haha!

mmbenya- Thanx dude. I am gonna revisit the colors, to get it a little better!

vader-thanx vader, I try hehe!

ramy badie- Now I got give it a little more realism, now, and give my characters life!

adonihs-Pretty much what I am going for!:thumbsup:

Slav-Thanx slav, I am still going to make revisions final stretch hehe!

I will update as soon as I start working on it again!:D

DeeVad
04-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Hello Brice,
I finally find your thread and took time to watch the complete evolution, your color sheme is really original and I hope you will preserve it till the end. The main characters have a hard perspective and position to draw, If I would have a projet like this I surely have to use a 3D Dummy or some photo of friend reference to had mouvement to pose. I will come back to watch how you will detail your backround and finish characters.
Keep good work in progress ! ;)
- David

NinjaA55N
04-09-2006, 05:06 PM
As I said before on private chats, I think that this "new" composition is great, more adventure like the previous one. As I suggested, there could be a third bridge in the distance, to make a better introduction of a depth of the environment. Im waiting for ur new character paintings. Till than, be good! :)

Arc80
04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmm... the colour pallete... i kind of like it actually. There is something unique about using a more muted colours and its helping the mood of your piece a lot. If you feel you need to add more contrast in colours, i would take advantage of your characters outfit and back up laggages (props and what not). That might help a bit on the eyes to wonder around. But for the environment, i really like the muted colours right now. It just has a lot of mood to it.

Saying that, i think you just need to start cleaning up your contrast and how your light sources are affecting each materials. And be carefull about your clouds repeating the partterns of your rocky mountains ;) Oh and the lamp that he's holding, it feels a bit too exaggurated in terms of perspective. Its pretty close to the camera, so i think you can get away with having a bit more straight line to it.

Oh and just a small suggestion, maybe add some flock of birds flying on either the distance or coming out below the bridge. It'll give it more movement for your picture. Just a suggestion, that's all :D

other than that, composition is really bloody nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

peace bro and be back.

paperclip
04-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I really like the coloring so far...only crit is that I would make the rocks dark blue/grey right now, as the red/orange just doesn't gel somehow.
Also, the guy's arm looks awkward, rather out of perspective. But the clouds and sky are looking really good!

All in all, you're getting there! Keep going, Bryce! (Did your parents name you after a terrain generating program??)

arcfire
04-10-2006, 03:48 AM
One of the nicest pieces I've seen so far. If it's in need of anything maybe a bit more detail.

Otherwise very good.

arcfire

warpy
04-10-2006, 08:30 AM
yo beelow, more deatil, more depth. less dark. :) keep up the good work man !

umbrellasky
04-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Oooo wow! So much has changed since I last visited. I really like this composition and the perspective. Nice colours so far!

Awsome work, I can't wait to see the next update! :thumbsup:

beelow
04-11-2006, 07:37 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144741070_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144741070_large.jpg)

Just for shyts and giggles, come on guys I gotta have a bit of fun, Mwahahahaha!

Slav
04-11-2006, 07:47 AM
AHH dude that guy looks bloody EVIL! no way i would follow his ass ANYWHERE!

*holds the baseball bat close... STAY FROM ME!*

jeromoo
04-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi Bryce, be careful when painting the mountains. There are too many green highlights and very bright they are. Instead of making a straight wall, try having varying shapes on the mountains that will result in interesting shadows and lightplay.

I simply don't trust that man in the foreground! :)

beelow
04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144749998_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144749998_large.jpg)

Here is the next step, I am not really feeling the green moonlight, let me see what u guys think, b4 I move on!

paperclip
04-11-2006, 10:45 AM
You have a lot of different light sources, all with different colors- you need to think about which one you want most focus on and downplay the others, otherwise they'll all conflict!

I'm a woman and women avoid conflict. :D

Norberg
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Like the progress, you really start to feel the depth in the scene.
About the light in this pic. Itīs hard to read the different sources. You might wanna make one source more dominant.
Keep it up!

beelow
04-11-2006, 12:17 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144757852_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144757852_large.jpg)

Here I am working it a bit making the environment light more dominant! I will work it out some more, I may switch again, Hehe! trial and error to the fullest! :)

elgrozni
04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
These blue color scheme looks better to me.
But I think that shadow of the bottom part of that lamp is a bit to hard - I'd make it a bit smoother and put some blues in the part of path lit by that lamp too.. not such a saturated brown/red color as it is.
Nice concept, I realy like that guy, hee looks realy misterious, makes me think if I'd follow him there :thumbsup: :D

Zephyri
04-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey Bryce, definitely prefer the new sky colour, and would agree with whats been said on the different lighting you have in here. I am curious as to why that shadow on the bridge is there.. surely the light from the lamp would be illuminating it? Or, hang on.. is that the shadow cast from the base of the lamp? Mountains look much better now too, with a variation in shapes and planes. Looking good though, keep at it and thanks for your feedback on my own piece!

jeromoo
04-11-2006, 02:07 PM
I prefer the latest sky. Has more impact this time. Not so sure about the green light coming from the bottom. Like everyone says, there are too many light sources here. I'll drop the green light part. Blue and orange are complimentary colours, so they work well together.

Okay, now its time to add the details to the whole picture, man.

Keep going at it!

EdP-Art
04-11-2006, 10:49 PM
It's got great depth. The journey ahead looms large and trickey.

Like they said, the lighting needs attention.

Lookinng forward to your updates.

*Ed

KangarooMan
04-11-2006, 11:02 PM
The composition is really progressing along great! :buttrock:The choice to move to the new blue clouds seems to work really well too. I liked the old green clouds though, I felt that they gave a really good atmosphere.

Matt :)

Tremoside
04-12-2006, 03:14 AM
Whoooaaa. That' what i call atmospheric perpectivity! :bowdown: Promising!

Muttonhead
04-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Yeah man, the foreground character is much better... the hand, the head, it's working nice now. Very creepy.

-Sean

Atris
04-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi Bryce!

I really like your idea! Our ideas have something in common. I like the green moonlight. But I'm not sure that I'm right. :)
Glad to see you! And good luck!

makaron
04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
I like the green light... can you maybe do a blend of green/blue? and now when you change the face of the frontman, Iīm not so sure I wanna write, or feel... wait for me!... anymore. he looks spookey... :D

beelow
04-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Deevad- Sorry, I did not perserve it, I am not used to working with green in my pallete and was getting a bit frustrated with it. It did not feel as natural as I wanted to feel! But thanx for the support!

Ninja55n- Thanx, bud, u really helped with the success of this image! Thanx again!

Arc80- thanx, sorry for the late reply! Yeah I changed it I know, but I feel that this will work better. Plus I can work with that green! Lets see how well I can work with this one!

Paperclip- thanx theresa! Yeah I kinda wanted a night scene now, I change the color pallet, again, made it a little more saturated, to make it a bit more interesting!

arcfire- Yeah I will, I also don't want to overdo it though! Let's see if I can bring it to life!

warpy- thanx dude, let me see what I do now, I changed it around a bit.

enialadam- thanx, I am glad that u like this, I am still trying to work it and make it better as I changed the pallet. I am gonna rely on my feeling on what I initially wanted! thanx again for dropping by!

slav- U like that huh, hehe!:D

jeromoo- let me see if I can fix it up a bit, I know I want the green in there somewhere, though! As I still want to give the feeling of danger, I am gonna add some other elements to hightend the mood.

paperclip-Yeah ok whatever, my woman gives me conflict hehe!:D Thanx, I am making changes as of now!

Norberg- Thanx, I will do that!

elgrozni- I will tone it down a bit, I am pulling hella references to help it feel like night!

Zephyri- yeap casting shadows. I may have to decrease the intensity some more as I want the moonlight to be the most dominant! Thanx for the good eye!:thumbsup:

jeromoo- I may just make it green mist! Yeah I think I may drop the green light source if I can't work with it, thanx again jeromoo!

EdP-Art- Thanx dude, I will make the changes, trial and error!

mmbenya- Yeah, I decided to go for the blue more, as I did not feel the green to be natural. So I made the change. But I may go back to that, hmmm... I don't know, hehe!

Tremoside- thanx a bunch tremoside, I am glad that u dropped by!!

sean-a-murray-thanx sean! Yeah I was gonna eventually, shoot reference, it was only a matter of time, hehe!

Atris-Hey atris, glad to see that u stopped by dude, thanx a bunch! I may make the change back, It is almost like tetor-toter, hehe!

makaron- I will try it out to see what I come up with! Thanx again mona!:thumbsup:

beelow
04-12-2006, 08:15 AM
oops double post!!

beelow
04-12-2006, 08:15 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144829715_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144829715_large.jpg)

Here is the next step, I am still trying to figure out the green I may x it completely! I am just gonna make color changes close to the end, if I need to, hehe!

beelow
04-12-2006, 12:32 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144845163_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1144845163_large.jpg)

Here is the next update!

Srulo
04-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Cool concept. I do have one suggestion. On an old wooden bridge you can always expect to see some missing bars, maybe some moss on the sides...Of course if it was depended on me I would make a none relevant character to fall of! So you can ignore the suggestion...

APHA
04-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Journey Begins 2D
HERE IS MINE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3435042)

Katea
04-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Very nice :) However I'm not exactly sure if I like it that the man invites the viewer into the journey. I think I'd like it more if the viewer remained just a viewer. I mean if it was a happy picture then the viewer would feel like they wanted to join the scene, but here it's different. As a viewer I'd rather stay outside, uninvolwed. The journey seems difficult and dangerous, I don't really like the guy who invites me to join him there ;)

shattered-fx
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey Brice, nice work here.. so far so good ! keep it up buddy!

makaron
04-13-2006, 04:54 PM
me like that green light under the bridge... gives a -magic in a way- feeling :)

Samanthie
04-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I like how you are developing this far. Keep going. Maybe add just a little detail in that very dark area on the back of the hand to make it look less flat. I like the concept here because it is so unique to involve the viewer to go along on this journey.:)

Pat-Piper
04-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Hello Bryce...it's good to see that your piece is coming along nicely. I do feel that the sky is a bit too bright. Colorwise, I like the blue more but then it looks a bit monotonous, so maybe u can add a bit of the previous green in it? dunno what that will make it look really...just a suggestion. :)

LexLe
04-14-2006, 08:24 AM
wonderful color & composition
good work! :thumbsup:

beelow
04-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Srulo-We'll see about adding moss I can do the broken bridges though! I still have to do my 3d entry, and time is ticking!:eek:

APHA-Thanx for dropping by dude!

Katea- Initially that is what I want to go for! I want to be a little bit literal with the character in the foreground to include the viewer! But, I understand what u mean, that u don't want to go, but I think this image is successful if it incite those moods, pretty much what I am going for, I am going to make it a bit more dangerous!:twisted:

idyeaah-Thanx for dropping by, bud!

makaron-Thanx, mona u so supportive! How are u doing with ur entry?

Samanthie-Oh! I am not finished with the character in the front just updating to u guys interested!

Pat-Piper- I will I still want green to be in it, I am not used to using green in my pallet! Where to place it should be my question without it looking to funky.

LexLe-Thanx, what I am trying to get right, more than anything the story across!

CoreyArtE
04-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Whahahaha, very scary stuff man. But the composition is bang'n. My only crit would be to work on the guy's face, it seems like his eye are too low on his face. Other than that, keep up the great work. This is an amazing piece, but then again, you allready knew that. ;)

Climax
04-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Looking great Bryce! the sky is looking to monocromatic at this point some more color variation will do :cool:

Stahlberg
04-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Wow, I missed lots of updates I see, it's changed a lot! Looking great! Not sure if you need green in there, and if you do, don't paint literal green, but nearly totally neutral gray. Try it, put some gray lightly and transparently over the more reddish parts.

One advice I'd like to mention is using 3d for reference - now you're getting so complex, there's even an architectural element in there (the bridges). Getting perspective right (down to the finest details, not to mention lighting) would be so much easier if you built the environment in 3d, fairly roughly but with the bridges a bit more detailed, and dummy objects for the people.

beelow
04-16-2006, 09:32 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1145179944_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1145179944_large.jpg)

Here is a little bit more work, not really alot done to it. I will make the necessary changes in the next update and add some more detail throughout the image! Thanx again for ur support!

beelow
04-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Sorry guys, I may have to pull out of the contest, I hope I can finish this entry. But, I may not. Having a lot of personal issues to deal with, so I hope u guys understand, but if all goes well. then. I may be able to finish well see...

black-hand-77
04-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm a little chubby, so when I see the spiral staircase that your character has to conquer it give me the creeeeeps. (and sweats, too)! Great job, pal! Hope seing it finished!

ElectroNico
04-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Nice work ! I haven't seen it before .... I like the perspective and the mood ( nice colors ), it is sad to learn that you might not be able to finish it in time .... i hope you will !

paperclip
04-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Sorry guys, I may have to pull out of the contest, I hope I can finish this entry. But, I may not. Having a lot of personal issues to deal with, so I hope u guys understand, but if all goes well. then. I may be able to finish well see...

Aw!
That sucks, bryce. I hope things will become better for you and that you'll be able to return before too long. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

For what it's worth, your entry is really improving....it's a shame you have to pull out, hopefully you'll be back in the future?

Llynna
04-17-2006, 10:57 AM
hopefully you can sort it all out and all goes well :)

i really would like to see this finish. i love this city scape in the background and the colour gradient from the foreground to the background.

theres only one thing bugging me: the back of his head, it seems a bit too big or rather dont know, have to think over it..... but else good work :)

my best wishes for you.

Neubius
04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
the lighting on the central character is really pushing him in to the foreground , very effective! particually with your choice of colours for the extreme distance.
btw im sorry to hear you have troubles, hope you dont have to drop out, really enjoying seeing your work develope.

CoreyArtE
04-17-2006, 12:08 PM

*Corey shouts to the heavens *
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:scream:

Wont be the same without ya bud. I understand, and hope things work out.

beelow
04-21-2006, 04:45 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1145594717_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1145594717_large.jpg)

Here is the next step. I took Stahlberg's advice and blocked modeled my characters and the bridge to get the perspective right. This saved alot of time from having to guess the lighting and get it accurate on my own, well here it is!

beelow
04-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Looks like I am back in action gang, will be updating again tomorrow! Peace again, and thanx for support the brotha-man hehe!:D

CoreyArtE-Thanx for droppong by corey! Yeah I have dealt with the problem in this update in this update!

Climax-I am going to move the colors around a bit, I usually do that hehe! Thanx dude!

Stahlberg- Yeah I think I update too much hehe! Yeah I want to move a little green in this image, I want to, keep it suttle, so I am still kinda just working, my color pallette right now. I may go ahead and take the green out completely, who knows, hehe. Thanx for the advice Stahlberg, as I was debating on using that technique. I can now paint in this without a problem!:thumbsup:

black_hand_77- thanx, black! I will finish it!

n i c o- Now, I will, just having problems in my life right now, being young isn't easy hehe!

paperclip- I am back now theresa, I am glad that u left some kind words! I am back, just had to deal woth some stuff, situation almost left me computer-less, but I will be able to get back on this, minor draw-back, phew! I will finish my entry, prolly this weekend!

Llynna- Yeah ur right, it was too, big, I fixed it with my block model now I am going to finish it!

Neubius- Thanx bud, I am back and still, black and poor, hehe! I am back and will finish to the end, thanx for the support dude!

CoreyArtE- Hehe, I am back, ur shouting must've worked, thanx again for ur support!:thumbsup:

Srulo
04-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Cool Background. I think you should add some blue light on the left (viewer's left). anyway, keep it up!

makaron
04-21-2006, 07:01 AM
Looks like I am back in action gang, will be updating again tomorrow! Peace again,

yeah... thatīs good news... http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/019094%7E11.GIF

FlaminGlow
04-21-2006, 01:23 PM
nice work beelow, the idea you are trying to make looks like it is comming out clearly the back bluish colors gives your image a very nice composition. keep it up man.:thumbsup:

MrFreeman
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
:) Great work Bryce...really coming along nicely. Love the background..love the use of colour. Very dynamic (sorry can't manage long sentences as I've been comping shots all day and me old brain has had it).

Thought you were doing a wizard of oz tin man for a minute, but it all becomes clear and a great idea.

Looking forward to the update

Slav
04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
cool stuff i think the 3d bit will really help in defining some of the more tricky lighting and shadows. :beer:

Segvoia
04-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Bryce, your image is coming along great, I have one quick crit - the shadow being cast on the bridge. That is going to be a challenge to depict because you have 3 light sources which all will influence the bridge differently - but I know you can do it :D.

For example, the light from the lamp your fore front character is holding will wash out the strength of the shadow that is being cast by the distant blue light source. Given the height of the blue light, it also seems the railing shadows should be shorter.

Otherwise, love the layout, the color scheme and the concept. You tackle perspective with ease and I can usually tell your work with just a quick glance.

Good luck ;)

beelow
04-25-2006, 01:42 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1145929351_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1145929351_large.jpg)

Here is the next step, slowly getting there! Peace! XD

Atris
04-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Hi Bryce! Very good job! I like it! Only one. It seems to me the gesture must be much more expressive. Now I can't understand what it means. Good luck! :)

jeromoo
04-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey there Bryce, the 3d blocking is a really good way to help detemine the proper pose, perspective and lighting amid a difficult background. The latest update looks really good as the result! By the way, is he swinging the lamp? There's a very strong shadow in front of the bridge where the smaller figure is standing in... I didn't see which structure could cause this. Wait, is it because of the shape of the bridge itself which is bent downwards in the middle? Hey, maybe you want to make the gaps between the planks of the bridge much wider so that the bridge looks rickety and dangerous and also so that we can see the dark(or greenish :P) depths below.

Keep it up!

EdP-Art
04-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi Bryce

It's looking good. Were there other bridges further in the background in some of your previous WIPs? Maybe yer man's arm is covering them. It might be good to put them back as it would give the impression of a longer journey than just the two bridges.
Yer man's hand seems to have a thumb and just 3 fingers, am I right? He may have lost one on his many trecks up and down this mountain :surprised

Your getting there
*Ed

adonihs
04-26-2006, 08:46 AM
looking good bro, i love the new look to it, very defined and rendered well! keep it up man =)

Alouette
04-26-2006, 08:55 AM
going better and better !

your character is great now.
blocks are a good technique to achieve a good gestures and proportions.
i like your color contrast too.
maybe some little blue/green reflection (like on his left eye) on the left of your guy could bring more volume.

MikeTheHunter
04-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Wow, you've put me into shame, man. You're really hard working dude :P Great progress. It's really comming along nicely. :D

domclubb
04-26-2006, 10:56 AM
you've nailed the composition and the colors. good stuff. about the bridge, i would angle some of the planks and make the rope sides uneven with a few of them ripped and hanging. Maybe loose a few planks too. just to make it authentic and rickety. Other than that, great stuff. good luck with the detailing.

jevinart
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
really love your entry, Bryce. excellent emotion, technique and style. also think your perspective and color choices are top notch! very cool work....

Mu
04-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi Bryce,

it's been a long time since I checked the challenge entries and yours, too and I must say I am absolutely thrilled to see the development in your entry!

no crits from me this time. Just sitting back and enjoying your work.

beelow
04-27-2006, 11:26 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1146180414_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1146180414_large.jpg)

Made some changes! see what u guys think!

elgrozni
04-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Added canvas at the top, right?... I think it's better, coz lamp and skylight arent so close together and whole painting looks more free

Zephyri
04-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Lovely updates here Bryce... I'm really really feeling the lighting on it now, the chill blues of the moonlight are perfect, I love how it hits the bridge over the rock and the distortion of the railing's shadow. And the longer composition works much better. Good stuff!

notpill
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
This update rocks!!
:applause:

makaron
04-29-2006, 06:43 PM
me like a lot... :bounce:

Oregano
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm really enjoying the dramatic effect you have going on. I like how you've really engaged the viewer.

Cheers,
~Shane

beelow
04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1146338842_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1146338842_large.jpg)

Here is some details. Going to work the character, bridges and a bit more on the mountains. I am going to flip this so u guys won't keep looking at the same thing! I will flip it back as soon as I do the final image!

MrFreeman
04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Looking good Bryce.... it's amazing how refreshing an image appears when flipped if you've looked at it for a long time...

The character in the foreground is really looking good and you really get a sense of the weight of the backpack from the character's posture. Still feel the left hand looks a awkward, but this is a very minor comment and I think your main character looks great.

I'm glad I'm not climbing up that path...

keep up the great work

Sundance5000
05-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Great stuff Bee! It doesn't look like you've got to much more to finish off. The background you've created is fantastic, it really captures the mood of challenge.

walrus
05-02-2006, 01:27 PM
This is looking great, Bryce. The hilights on the front man's face are great, on both sides of the face. (How 'bout a really sharp specular dot on the eye?) And the other details as well, like the hilights on the rocks.

Another idea: The rocks in the lower left, the ones getting a slightly orange light... If they're being lit by the 2nd man 's lantern, what about a shadow of the sides of the bridge on those rocks?

But that's all I got. Just keep going! :)

-mike

FIDUCIOSE
05-03-2006, 02:14 AM
the one you latese flip is better! But like I say in msn, the clound is still hard and heavy as a rock. When I learn to paint the cloud, I look at the cloud all days for a while to realize what's the right color to catch and what is the right stroke to paint. It's really different feeling to paint the rock and the cloud.

Good luck dude!

cosmicbeanbag
05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
looking good. main characters right elbow could be shaved back a bit and his shirt needs some reference. i personally would like to see more value shift as the mountain leads up to the castle/construct/mountaintop, but it reads fine.

Srulo
05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Going along very nicely!

beelow
05-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Srulo, Mona, Flameglow, David, Slav, Segvoia, Atris, jeromoo, EdP-Art, adonihs, Alouette, MikeTheHunter, domclubb, Jevinart, Mu, elgrozni, Zephyri, notpill, Mona again, Nice to see u Oregano, MrFreeman again(yeah aware of that and will fix it), Sundance5000(u the same sundance from CA?), walrus(great Idea,thanx), FIDUCIOSE( Will try to soften up those clouds for ya:thumbsup: )kyi_72(thanx), Srulo again!

Thanx for the support and crits up until now! Cool stuff guys! Will try to finish this up soon!:thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
I had to spare some good time on your images...

Because unlike most entries each of them carried a great potential and definitely deserved some time to examine. Actually so was your thread... not the usual/casual spam filled thread.
And it was really fun to try to follow you on your thoughts and improvements.

Your image is going very well with a fine brush quality to it. And I like it a lot...
But not to be saying "it was better"... I can't understand why exactly you changed your mind on the earlier 'enclosing' variations... ones like the post#: 136 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3352626&postcount=136)for example.

Once again: I am not asking to say that it would have been better.. it is just that you seem to have gone all this way with particular calculations...
(or I have grown to have a too high impression of you :shrug: )...
I was just wondering why you have decided to go for such a considerable difference and compositional division.

My other question wouldn't come up unless I had noticed the name you had put your work: "Deadly passage"
Well as I examine and try to think of what I feel as I look at the environment.. I can understand the title... but it wouldn't it be so much cooler if the bridge had carried the same feeling in it?
Like as it felt a little less stable/durable some how?
It's because it sort of dominates your journey in this composition.

Hoping I have still not gotten onto your nerves. Your image is going great and everything presented to me with your entry lacks many aspects of a variety of entries that I personally dislike.

All the best for you Bryce (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=129663)!

Good luck

Black

jeromoo
05-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey Bryce. I think you really need to make the bridge look more rickety and dangerous. Right now it looks like a safe tourist area with the main guy our tourist guide.

I think this flipped version is much better than your previous one, so I hope you go with this.

Keep it up, dude!

calisto-lynn
05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
yaay beelow great work!!:thumbsup:

warpy
05-09-2006, 08:42 PM
yo bman, nice story. reminds me of indiana jones for some reason, now go finish it up.

Pierrick
05-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Yeah ! Cool idea and nice colouring. Good luck !!

CoreyArtE
05-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Really like how this is turning out. I love the colors in this piece especially, but you know I have to suggest something. Maybe have the castle at a different angle. You know, like bend it forward alittle instead of using perspective to make it look like its pointing really high up, and make it bigger too. That's just my opinion though, I mean honestly it looks rather sweet the way it is. Oh, and dont forget to add falling pieces of rocks from the canyon to realy make the scene feel animated. Goodluck, one of my favorite pieces here. :thumbsup:

anticz
05-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi beelow,
THis is really coming along. We've got some similar themes going on in our entries. :) THe one thing that catches my eye is the tangency between the foreground characters hand and his shirt. think his hand gets a little lost in there. It's just not a clear siloette. I think your warm/cool color pallete is working well for you. Keep it up!!

beelow
05-17-2006, 02:46 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1147833963_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1147833963_large.jpg)

Here is the latest, not to much to do, just gotta get detail work done, the do some blurring and some god rays that seems to grabs everyones attention these days!

beelow
05-17-2006, 03:10 AM
BlackDidThis- Yeah, actually ur right about the other compos! I would have went with those but, I guess at the time, I wanted to add a bit more, to the image, as I wanted this image to be a mysterious and mencing adventure. I wanted to give the feeling yeah this is the beginning, and there are many unknown dangers ahead. Thanx for the time given to my thread by the way. Yeah, as for my thread I want to make it a learning experience and to give everyone a chance to contribute a bit to the piece, I guess working on this to better control what I do and to be very decisive on what elements I want in this entry. Why I went with this, I wanted this compo to be interesting, plus was a little ambitious, with the help of others giving me a push in the direction that I have come to now. I am beating up the bridge as of now giving it texture, and making it look worn, other have commented on that, as that was already my intent. That was merely a block model to get the bridge accurate perspective, and helped solved some lighting issues that I wanted to get pass without the hassle. I hope that it is arriving at being a little dangerous, Indiana Jones style. Thanx black for dropping by!:thumbsup:

jeromoo- Doing as of now, thanx dood! I will post another in this thread see which one you guys want, one way or the other.:thumbsup:

calisto- Thanx Linda, I try!:D

warpy- will do thanx!

Pierrick- Thanx, I wish was a bit better, I guess it works, next painting!

CoreyArtE-Hmmm, falling rocks, let me try that! not much time paint paint paint!:D

anticz-Addressed and fixed! Thanx for dropping by, cool entry by the way on urs!:thumbsup:

Art2
05-17-2006, 06:10 AM
beelow, looking great man!
You're almost there, have fun detailing.

Stahlberg
05-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Woh, this has changed (again) since I checked last! I must say it's very much improved now! No crits really. Ok let me try to nitpick something just so you can see that I'm trying :)

The rock formation on the upper left seems too smooth and regular in outline. If you back off a bit and squint, it seems to stand out a bit too much because of that.

beelow
05-18-2006, 11:16 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1147994203_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1147994203_large.jpg)

Here is the latest which way do guys like the compo to be? Nearing the end! :)

beelow
05-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Art2- Thanx Marlon!:thumbsup:

Stahlberg-Yeah I see what you mean, at first I was like what the hell does he mean, now I just caught that, Let me break that shape up a bit! Thanx Stahlberg!:thumbsup:

Atris
05-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi!
Very good work!
I like the compo on the left! I don't know why, but such is the case! :) Good luck!

ElectroNico
05-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Wow ! great !! It is much improved since my last visit ! Great work ( The colors, the light, the painting, the composition, the way we are invited to enter in the picture .... ) !! For my part i prefer the version where the guy is on the left.

Art2
05-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I think the left is better too. Nicer flow - hand, lamp, other guy, sky.

Slav
05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
everything seems to be looking in order man. the only thing that still bugs me is the guys hand. i dont know why :( good stuff though finish it up and relax!

Samanthie
05-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I like the one on the left. The image is great! :thumbsup: I agree that there is something about the hand and I think it's the area between the third and fourth fingers.

Neubius
05-19-2006, 04:03 PM
really glad you decided to stick with it ! :) its REALLY come togther .
( i preffer the one on the left btw )

good luck!
neubius

makaron
05-19-2006, 04:51 PM
the wait for me feeling is back... good work Bryce... and my vote goes to the left one...

adonihs
05-19-2006, 05:22 PM
great job so far man, this is really turning out to be a great piece :] also got your IM on MSN, CA's a little tough on judging, so i need to improve still! :)

but ya, nice pic bro.

MrFreeman
05-19-2006, 06:58 PM
:) Great work Bryce....

Don't want to be Mr unoriginal, but yep, I think the composition with the chap on the left works best....

I think the hand looks a bit strange - probably as it looks like he is virtually straining / stretching his hand as if it hurts or something - if the tendons were less defined and his hand was beckoning more I think it would work better...

But hey this looks really something and you are nearly there - hope you don't mind the thoughts about the hand, but with such a great image, I thought it worth mentioning...

Looking forward to seeing the final high res. version

Dave :)

EdP-Art
05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi Bryce, it's coming along very nicely. For some reason I like the pic on the left. You are a contender for the God Rays club too, they're good.

As I was looking at your pic it struck me that it is showing the opposite side to the pic I'm doing. I've got a Soul looking down a spiral to the depths below, you have us looking from the depths of the darkness to the light above. They might make a good pair. :hmm:

Well done, it's a great pic.

*Ed

hdhcg
05-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Nice idea! Good details. I waiting for continue!

umbrellasky
05-20-2006, 01:09 PM
woohoo! Awsome result. I think the left one, it leads your eye into the painting better in my opinion.

Great work Bryce!!

beelow
05-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Atris-Thanx Sergey!

ElectroNico- Another left thanx buddy!

Art2-Thanx Marlon!

Slav- Yeah I will figure it out dude don't worry! Thanx!

Samanthie-Thanx will fix that problem I am gonna shoot another reference shot to get that right!

Neubius- Thanx buddy, I will drop by your thread to check out your final!:thumbsup:

makaron- Thanx mona, you such a sweetie, another persons thread I got to show some love to, hehe!:D

adonihs- Yeah I hear that, It will only get you better, You should join it, I know that some of the guys drop out if they don't have the time to do it! Good lukc with your entry dude!

MrFreeman-Thanx david, I will lessen the strain and relax the hand a bit! Thanx again!:thumbsup:

EdP-Art- Thanx buddy! Yeah I am gonna have to take another look at your entry, As I did not notice that you have done that. Cool beans!:D

hdhcg-Thanx for dropping by! I will be finishing tonite or tomorrow!

enialadam-Thanx! how are are you doing with your entry btw?

As I have mentioned b4 I will be fininshing mines up! Good luck to everyone,as you guys have been a great help to this image and the improvement of my work, best of luck all!:thumbsup:

Arc80
05-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Wa up bro,
Such improvements on your piece. Colour is great and i dig the composition. I like the left side too for some reason... i think it reads well. I dont know if you are done with the front character yet, but some areas of the clothing looks a bit flat.

Anywho, great job and cant wait to see it done.
cheer

walrus
05-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Myself, I prefer the comp with the man on the left. Then the flow of the painting is from left to right, which is more intuitive (at least for a a speaker of English and many other languages. I'm sure someone from Israel would disagree with me on that! :) )

I also find the god-rays to be extremely distracting. They help to emphasize the light pouring in from the top of the screen, which in turn makes me think, "So why do these guys even need lanterns?" Your earlier versions depicted a darker chasm which was spooky and full of mystery. It's possible that the more light you pour in from the top, the more you're losing that creepy feeling and getting away from your original intent. Instead it feels to me like you've got 2 halves that don't match, a cheerful sunny top and a dark, mysterious bottom.

Also, as we've said several times over, you don't even need to have god-rays in your picture to be a part of the god-rays club. You just need to say the secret password, which is "god-rays," and actually not all that secret, come to think of it. Anyhow, don't mess with your value composition just on our account!

Good luck...

-mike

Slav
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
haha beelow you crack me up man. YOU OWE ME YOUR 1ST BORN! hahah j/k, you do great work and am glad you take the time visit me at all. btw your whole flip thing is like tomato and tomato... i guess it sounds better when you say it ... minor detail.

beelow
05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Archie, Micheal, Slav, Thanx! Yeah Slav I tend to have that effect on people like that! You should meet me in person I am worse hehe!

I will post my final later today, I am going to get some shut eye. thanx again for you guys support! Be back lata!:thumbsup:

Segvoia
05-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Good work Bryce:thumbsup:
Best of luck!

beelow
05-27-2006, 06:08 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1148710085_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9624/9624_1148710085_large.jpg)

"Come on!" he says.

I am thinking I must be outta my mind to even follow this dude, I can't believe this nicca got me out here, on this raggedy a$$ Bridge!

"Come on Brotha! We are almost there, you will be fine!" He says.

Why is the nicca in me telling me to turn back. Get out of this before I get in to some shizznat! But, I am also curious to see what is above those clouds as well. So I follow.

"Now that's the spirit, no punking out Darkness!" He laughs.

I smerk a little! Damn, come to think of it am I that damn black? "Yo, you making fun of me?! I would look in the mirror, cuz!" Damn, black men on an adventure! that is wild! I think to myself. I feel like that crocodile hunter or somethin' like that.

Ok, I hope that little, excerpt is acceptable. I planned to do something that was adventurous, a bit dangerous, and eerie. I hope that I succeeded with this image, in doing that. These guys are have discovered something in the clouds above, the clouds that never move. They are curious and the set out on the adventure! This is their beginning...

Peace ya'll! I had fun! And got a lot of crits, and led to the improvement of my work, I hope to continue to grow with my art and I am hoping that you guys stick around, to witness my growth, I made new contacts as well, and I am honored to have surprise some of the top cg artists around the world. I hope that you guys will continue to follow up on me. That makes me happy. I will devise a list of people to thank later as I did in Spectacular. Again many thanks to the bunch of ya, you guys and gals are great, and to be here with so many that are talented as well! Peace, Fam!

MichaelCTY
05-27-2006, 06:29 AM
Yo bro,congratz on finishing your Journey, I love the facial expression and the lighting so much,
you know, purple and blue are my fav colours hehe,best luck for you, cheers

makaron
05-27-2006, 07:04 AM
you did it... and you did it in style...:thumbsup: looks great... :bounce:

Smik
05-27-2006, 07:10 AM
It is delightful, shadows, prospect, patches of light, it is very glad for you, success.)

MichaelZHsee
05-27-2006, 07:24 AM
nicely done mate:Dvery welldone,the composition,the colors and the mood,always love the blendings between the cool and warm colors:)good luck in the final judging my friend,i'm off to do the thunderdome challenge now:scream:

adonihs
05-27-2006, 08:55 AM
as we talk, heh, very sick piece bro. i think the lighting at the way top adds a lot more depth to the pictures, and the broken bridge makes me think of Indiana Jones =) and if you know me, thats always a plus. congrats on finishing!

Atris
05-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Bryce!
Congratulations! Very good work! I wish you good luck in the next stage of the challenge! :)

TheFirstAngel
05-27-2006, 10:50 AM
man you went trough such a progress, cant tell you enough how much you improved on this piece. i am amazed and happy you pushed yourself to bring up this bombastic piece and wish you all the best on the finals :) keep on rocking!

paperclip
05-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats on being finished and good luck!

Slav
05-27-2006, 04:49 PM
hey brice great image. i like how the figure turned out... wishing you best of luck with this one man. :thumbsup:

CoreyArtE
05-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Man this came out fantastic, I especially love the bridge. Good luck in the judging man!

TedTerranova
05-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Great job Bryce. Really nice image. This would be a great intro to a video game. Walk across the bridge then it breaks behind you and there's no turning back. Great technique and style. Good luck man.

FIDUCIOSE
05-28-2006, 05:28 AM
Great job dude!! congrat for finishing and good luck in judging

Cyberone
05-28-2006, 09:47 AM
good work on finishing dude,.. :)
youve made some amazing progress since the beginning...and all the changes have payed off...
the 3d props were the best move i think...after that its been all sweet :)

all the best..

CYB

Neubius
05-28-2006, 10:31 AM
stopping by to wish you luck man, its been loads of fun, love your work.

peace out,
A

Mythmaker
05-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Great work beelow! Congrats! - Nice sense of atmosphere - and I like how the character draws you into the painting...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Squibbit
05-28-2006, 07:44 PM
dude, wowz, pretty cool! :thumbsup:

EdP-Art
05-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Lovely pic Bryce, well done and it looks great here in its finished state. The details are great.

It struck me that we could make a story with a number of pics from this challenge. Here's the bones of it...
A Soul gets drawn down into the physical worlds (see EdP-Art (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3580133) )
The Soul gets a physical body and is born (see BlackDidThis (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=351638&page=13&pp=15) )
It goes through many tasks and adventures (here's just a few suggestions MrFreeman (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=323086&page=14&pp=15)
- Omer-n (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=339627)
- Cyberone (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=323443)
- Stahlberg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328432&page=23&pp=15)
- Jeromoo (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3570838#post3570838)
If you have more please suggest them to me.
And finally the Soul finds its way back to its home (see Beelow (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322671&page=1&pp=15) )

Jerome might even put it to poetry :)

*Ed

KangarooMan
05-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey there Bryce, stunning image, you've really packed in the details! :thumbsup: You have done an excellent job with the lighting and mood/atmosphere! Great work and best of luck to you man!

Matt :)

CoreyArtE
05-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Ok, well I'll say the usual good job, blah, blah blah, congrats I really like. Sure you heard that a million times. Anyway I'm really mad at you! Why didnt you tell me about that conceptart.org contest !!! ARRRRGGGGG You're lucky your such a good artist, otherwise I'd have found your address and sent my ninja assassin samurai robots after you for not telling me about that contest and having me wait another year before i can join another one : (

-But nice job finishing..Seriously...nice job

MikeTheHunter
05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Dude, you've evolved by doing this piece, the best artwork I've seen from you :) All three thumbs up! ( well, I'm a mutant... :P talking about X-men fan, eh? :D ) CONGRATS!

And AAAARGH! didn't have time to finish mine :( But I will finish it, just it won' tbe in the concets, unfortunatelly :( And it seemed like a reaaaaly long time.

anzibon
05-29-2006, 12:06 AM
good poop, man. you defnately came a really long way on this one. that's what it's all about, right?

good on ya,
~B

SideAche
05-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Great job Bryce, good luck!

bumskee
05-29-2006, 03:35 AM
job well done!:) best of luck! cheers

Dalton-Muniz
05-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Great work!! Great Image!! Good luck!!:)

beelow
05-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Thanx, everyone for the replies, I will reply personally later tonite! Peace fam!:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Waouww Bryce... I start to follow your 3d realization unfortunetely stopped, but I've totally missed your 2d thread... damned...

...your image is really good man... I like the framing of your composition, and especially tones used... really fantastic, this mood is perfect... then, congratulations and especially best of luck for the final judging step :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:thumbsup:

Norberg
05-30-2006, 07:50 AM
You really pulled this one together. For a long time there was alot of things that didnīt work that well. -The lighting and colors were pretty messed up but I guess that blockmodel did the trick.
In the final the lighting is spot on and the colors works great aswell.
Nice to see such a progress during theese months.
Good luck!

walrus
05-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Way to go, Bryce, congrats on finishing. All fo the lighting really came out nicely, and I really like how you renderred the light on the skin. Great work, and props to you, man! :)

-mike

jeromoo
05-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh man, I didn't notice all the new updates you have made! Finally you achieved what I've been asking you to do:- the details! Nice, nice and really glad you got rid of the god-rays! Now this really looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Sundance5000
05-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Great work Bryce! This is definitely something to be proud of. It's nice to see it finished...I came in on your production a bit late, but I'm glad I made it for part of the ride.

Best of luck - (here and there)

-Dan

MoonVisionStudio
05-31-2006, 04:57 PM
WOW, I have been away too long. Great detail and lighting!! Good Work!

vader
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi beellow,
Great work in final image, congratulations! :thumbsup:
and thanks for your tips in my thread. :)

good luck dude

HamsterFly
05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey dude, cool image ! you geting better and better ! :)
best of luck in voting process!

webwings
06-03-2006, 03:59 AM
I love the colour and the lighting effects. Well done!

3dRaven
06-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Wow nice final Bryce :thumbsup: I really like the colors. Nice sharp details too :)

gpepper
06-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Like Britney, you did it again Bryce !
Great job ! Your final picture is really cool !
I wish I would be able to paint like this !

MrFreeman
06-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Great Work Bryce - been away on holiday, so sorry for the delay in congratulating you on finishing

Looks really good and the weight of the backpack, etc. really makes the hand 100% more believable.

fantastic final entry - good luck and thanks for all the advice :) :) ::)

beelow
06-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Segvoia- thanx a bunch! Wish you would have finished your entry.

Micheal 87- Thanx buddy! Hope to see something from ya in thunderdome!:D

Makaron- Thanx, Mona! Yeah I guess I did hehe!

Smik- Tjhank you smik! Hope to see you in the next one!

MichealZHsee- thanx, dude! Will be expecting something from ya buddy! See you at thunderdome!

adonihs- Hey thanx, a bunch dude! Good luck with your entry and see you next contest!

Atris- Thanx, Sergey! Back at you! good luck!:thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel- Thanx Sacha for the help with getting this entry together! I really did improve with this painting! Now on to the next painting!

Paperclip- Thanx, theresa, good luck with yours as well, I hope that you help alot, don't worry I am disappointed in my entry as well, paint on!:thumbsup:

Slav- thanx buddy, I really like your entry as well!:thumbsup:

CoreyArtE- thanx for the support! Major props to you for your image! I hope that alot of people do not show up for the thunderdome so you can be in as well! Again sorry for not reminding you dude. Peace and see you around!:thumbsup:

Novacaine- Thanx buddy! I hope to rock 3d next time around! I said I was going to do this one but never got around to it. I got a little to ambitious again on my 2d! See you next contest!

FIDUCOISE- Thanx dude, for helping me out with my entry, your crits really helped and I am going to try some of your tricks! Peace and see you at Thunderdome!

Cyberone- Thanx for stopping by Simon, good luck with your entry as well!

Neubius- Thanx, bud glad that I am finished! I wish you the best of luck with you image!

Mythmaker- thanx dude, see you at the thunderdome! I saw your name in there somewhere. good luck with your entry!

Squibbit- thanx Panu, I try! I am starting to better understanding of color, now to get good with it is the next step!

EdP-Art- That sounds like a plan, is everyone here in this contest up to dedicating a piece to do this at all? If you step back in this thread let me know what is up!

mmbenya- Thanx Matt, yeah I think I may have overdone it though, But it still turned out pretty good. Thanx. YOu rock the 3d though!

CoreyArtE- Yeah sorry again about that dude. I remember seeing that you wanted to enter and did not give you the word. I hit up people on msn and got them over there. You got msn messenger? Thanx again for the support dude!

MikeTheHunter- Thanx Mike! Yeah, sorry to see you not finish this contest, there will be more! See you in the next one and I will catch up with you on msn! Peace!

anzibon- Thanx! Yeah that is what it is about! growth!

Sideache- Thanx for the helpful crits dude! and good luck to you as well!

bumskee- Thanx bud, see you over in thunderdome!

Dalton_Muniz- Thanx, stop it! you making me blush, hehe!:love:

beelow- YOu take to long to respond to people! shame on you!!!

Lemog- Yeah, I got ambitious with my 2d again and listened to the guys here, hehe! I will finish my 3d one up though and submit it to the final gallery!

Norberg- Yeah thanx! I was having problems solving these things. It can be better though. But, I work this one to exaustion, and am moving on to the next thing. Thanx for stopping by Bjorn!

walrus- Thanx, master Mike! you really helped me with my improvement, and you advice really helped alot. Thanx again Mike and see you next contest!

jeromoo- Thanx moo! Yeah, I overdid it and thought it sucked and lessen that, because it was distracting! mike also clarified that! I hope to see you in the next contest!

Sundance5000- Thanx Sundance! I will see you at thunderdome hehe!

Jose-Pardo- Thanx Jose, where's your entry? I hope to see you in the next contest dude, missed ya here!

vader- YOur welcome dude, thanx for stopping by! good luck with your final submission!

HamsterFly- That's the idea! Thanx for stopping by HamsterFly!

webwings- Thanx Webwings! I hope to see you in the next contest, best of luck with your entry!

3dRaven-Thanx dude for stopping by again, I kinda wished I would have shown up on the 3d end.

gpepper- Thanx Gillies! I think I spelled that right...

But, thanx ne ways! You rocked on your 3d! you pulled it together! I hope that I finish the next one, 3d I mean!

MrFreeman- Thanx David! Glad to see you've made it safetly. YOur entry is solid dude! And thanx for the helpful crits.

Aight I think that is everyone that replied to the finish entry! Now for the thank you list of you guys that stopped by! Phew that was alot of typing hehe! Will be back shortly to do that list for ya cause I care for all of you!:thumbsup: :D

Fahrija
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
the 400th post - hehe.

my congrats on finishing - it was a pleasure to watch the development of this artwork.

best wishes
fahrija

Pat-Piper
06-23-2006, 07:14 AM
wow, beelow, I'm quite shocked to see your finished piece turned out so well! There's so much more clarity and color since the last time I saw it! I really get the feeling that I'm the protagonist in your proposed journey. Excellent job, and good luck in the judging!

p.s. thanks too for your frequent posting to my thread and giving those invaluable comments.

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2006, 07:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.