PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: miroglio nicolas

Ni2ko
02-28-2006, 04:43 AM
miroglio nicolas has entered "The Journey Begins Challenge (3D)".

Yup yup there,
I just wanted to start by saying "Hi" and "Good luck" to all of U in this so interesting 19th theme. I'm really curious to see what will be achieved ... and I hope to learn a lot...

Cheers :)

Ni2ko
03-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Yup yup,

I wanted something different than the warrior/scout who will cross evil in his epic journey. So I first thought of a breakfast scene, with coffee, etc.. and maybe the head of the character reflecting in the coffee, or something like that ... Then I added to my concept a bad wake up idea of my character, head on the desk, computer monitor on, maybe a render view processing, with this coffee cup at the foreground. This could have been the "here we go again journey", hehe !

And then, I red the rules about the challenge and sadly realized that it was something like off topic :sad:, it seems like the challenge is wanting to be the "warrior epic journey begins" ! ... with ... small character in the foreground, large scape with sun rising etc...

Well, I won't follow this way anyway I thought, or maybe can I turn it my way ?

And the concept idea came up ...
What about having this character in the foreground waking up in front of his computer screen, I'll keep the coffe cup thing, but instead of just waking up like "another same journey begins", he could wake up like a "let's get into the image/computer world".

I mean, the epic adventures the character should live today are virtual ones. So the epic scenery, with the scape and all the things, etc ... that the challenge restriction is, will be in the computer screen. And why not with a "start game button", or something like that.

Or maybe the character shouldn't be tired at the wake up, but excited, or, as soon as he has waked up, he will be diving into the screen, this last idea could make a more unreal scene in the facts, and in the composition.

Okay, I think that will be the way I'm gonna follow for this challenge.
Thanks to let me know what U think by adding some comments, advices, or warning or whatever U want...

I hope a 1st sketch will come up soon, when I have the time.

C ya :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 05:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.