PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray online workshop - Few space left

Leonard
02-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say that we have a few spaces left for the Mental Ray Fundamentals online workshop with Bart Gawboy from Mental Images.

The course starts soon on 17 March, and enrolments close soon on 11 March so get in now.

>> Course information and enrollment <<
(http://workshops.cgsociety.org/courses/000015/)
Best,

Leo

Mental Ray Fundamentals with Barton Gawboy
Mastering the extensive rendering capabilities provided by mental ray© continues to challenge many CG artists. This powerful rendering tool can be used with the three major vendors in entertainment - 3ds max, Maya and XSI. Each application brings out a unique flavor of integration, using their own shaders, while providing artists with the option to customize. Also, each UI uses a slightly different set of terms, so that even the meaning of the word "shader" can seem puzzling at first. This workshop will break through the veil of confusion and help artists understand how to use mental ray to develop the look they have envisioned, no matter what application or language is used.

Over eight weeks Barton Gawboy, Director of Training and Special Projects with mental images®, will tutor students to use a custom set of shaders that follow a specific "look development philosophy".

By demonstrating these elemental shaders within a highly interactive class structure, Barton will provide students with a way to learn and implement this philosophy. Additionally, Barton will draw on exclusive material from a book being developed by Andy Kopra, of mental images.

MrPositive
03-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi Leonard,

I couldn't send you a PM so I figured I'd send it here. Anyway, I tried to sign up for the course a week ago but it kept crashing and I eventually figured I'd try at work. Well I thought I had until the 11th but it appears closed for registration. I just wanted to see if Barton had one more spot available for somebody enthusiastic. :) If not I understand. Thanks.
Clint
P.S. If you need to email me: I'm at my3bworld@yahoo.com

Leonard
03-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Clint,

I've forwarded this over to Andrew Plumer who's in charge of CGWorkshops, but I think registrations are full for this particular course.

Due to the amount of interest in the course, we're looking at the possibility of hosting another one and will be in touch with everyone if and when that happens.

Best,

Leonard

Andrew-Plumer
03-13-2006, 12:06 AM
I just wanted to see if Barton had one more spot available for somebody enthusiastic.

Hi Clint,
Yes Leonard was right we filled ths course really quickly and all the standby places are taken too! However I am talking with Barton about doing another course later in the year. CGS members receive advance notification of courses via email as well as a discount http://www.cgsociety.org/join/. We also mail out notification of course to anyone enrolled on the CGWS mailing list. Log on at: http://workshops.cgsociety.org/notices.php

MrPositive
03-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Hey thanks so much for the effort fellas! I just really dropped the ball on this one.

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2006, 02:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.