PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Archie P. Valdez

Arc80
02-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Archie P. Valdez is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9604)

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: just keep going
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148490979_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3575681#post3575681)

xric7
02-28-2006, 04:26 AM
haaa,finally u entered.can't wait for more spamming.

'journey of spammers'hahaa:twisted:
have fun bros.:bounce:

MichaelZHsee
02-28-2006, 04:33 AM
great~u've join.enjoy the entry and have fun~goodluck:thumbsup:

beelow
02-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Wassup archie! Welcome back dude!:thumbsup:

Slav
02-28-2006, 06:05 AM
just curious whre the journey will start here?! better make it a good one... or ELSE! :D

NinjaA55N
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I wish a good luck and lots of creative energy to all of my buddies from previous challenges :D Dont be mad coz I'll post the same first reply to all of u, but wishes r sincere.. I just wanna to sign up to ur thread. Once again best of luck!

Arc80
02-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys. I guess the regular crowd will be here as well and i'm glad.
I might not be able to start doodling till next week, but i'll try. I'm still gonna spam everyone's thread though, MUAHAHAHA.

I'll check what you guys are cooking.
cheers and goodluck again to all.
Lets have fun :bounce:

nebezial
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
woohoo..and another challenge with u in it lol good luck mate:thumbsup:

walrus
03-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey, Archie, looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time... good luck, and especially, have fun! (and no changing carts in midstream... find something fantastic and stick with it! :)

-mike

ArtisticVisions
03-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Subscribed - looking forward to your work, Archie. :)

Arc80
03-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Nebz- yeah, this is going to be fun mate.

Walrus- hehe, i'll try my best not to. I'm actually thinking of doing two just to make sure
that doesn't happen again and again, hahaha.

ArtisticV- Thanks mate, i'll be seeing your progress as well.

Right now, just busy with other works. I'll start something out next week.

peace for now and i'll be dropping by often

Vahn
03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
hooraay! found you! welcome m8 .. have fun and lets rock :D :arteest:

TheFirstAngel
03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Yay my crazy Bro is rockin this along with me too, cant go wrong this time :) have a great journey mate, lots of fun and best of luck :beer::cool::wip:

Arc80
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
VAHN - Waaasup bro! Let the fun begin.

SACHA - WOOHOO! Now we can start the fun, yeah :buttrock:

Okay, i can't resist it anymore. I'm gonna sketch out a newly design characters. I think i'm gonna work on the same idea that i had for the previous challenge. I'm gonna revise the story of the "The Sword, the String, and the Shuriken". I think it'll definately be appropriate for this theme.

So see you tonight. No more sleeping, HAHAHA

Arc80
03-02-2006, 01:40 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141267235_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141267235_large.jpg)

aaarrrggg, i couldn't take it anymore, my hands were itching, so here are the new character design from an old theme of mine. I'm revising my idea of the sword, the string, and the shuriken and show the beginning of their journey. AND I PROMISE, I'M NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE STORY THIS TIME. I'M GOING TO STICK WITH THIS ONE, heeheehee....

Gonna do some quick colour later tonight.

be back again.
cheers

W-I-L
03-02-2006, 04:27 AM
cool little doodes matey... have fun!

ozhaver
03-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Looking good already! Good luck and LOADS of fun! :)

Vahn
03-02-2006, 08:39 AM
ah nice .. cool you bring out that trio again :D

ArtisticVisions
03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Nice designs; kinda reminds me of characters that would appear in the Naruto manga (don't know if that was part of the inspiration or not).
Looking forward to seeing more. :)

MichaelCTY
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
hey ,nice to see u again in the challenge:)
heard alot about you from xric7
cool characters u done
waiting to see more mate
good luck and cheers

Faras
03-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Like the skecthes, hope to see more of em!

cheers

Slav
03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
there is a FFesque feel to your character concept with a hint of grandia... mind you both are great styles but anime is not my cup of tea :P

i really like the bridge scene man. :) good stuff.

i just wish you had some kind of a detailed memo of what direction you want to take this... i admire your work and love to see its progression. keep pumping out those sketches. :arteest:

Arc80
03-02-2006, 07:29 PM
WIL - Glad you like it mate. More design of the characters to come and i final two
composition that i want to tackle.

OZ HAVER - Thanks for dropping by mate.

VAHN - Yeah bro, i want to really work on them this time :buttrock:

ARTISTIC V - You know, i've been following Naruto lately, but i didn't get the inspiration
from there. I got my inspiration from Disgaea actually, hehe. i love that
game.

MICHAEL C - Thanks for dropping by mate. Hope you follow my progress.

FARAS - Thanks mate

SLAV - I do have a sort of anime/manga to my character designs, but hopefully i inject
some originality and twist to it. I'm still trying to figure out a good composition
for the bridge scene. I'm going to do two different composition this time (Just in
case i pull another fast one, change things at the last min, HAHAHA).

Thanks again guys. More drawings to come and i think i'm gonna be tackling the line art first, before moving to colour comps....thats a BIG MAYBE :arteest:

cheers :buttrock:

Mordalles
03-02-2006, 10:43 PM
i bought my ticket, and got on the bus, and i must say, the sightseeing is better than what they advertised. although, we haven't seen any bears yet. but what a journey it is.

good luck with the challenge.

Arc80
03-02-2006, 10:51 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141343470_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141343470_large.jpg)

Okay, some thumbnails.
I think i'm leaning towards number 2. I'm feeling that more for the Bridge scene that i want to do. What do you guys think?

Well, i'll do the thumbnails for my back up plan (trust me guys, i'm gonna need a second one. I get bored easily with my works... i know its a bad habbit to have, but it makes me push myself...).

be back again.
peace

jbballaran
03-03-2006, 12:33 AM
And here we go again :P Musta tsongs? Great to have you here again! :) Just wanted to say hi. Be back again nalang. Number 2's composition looks good :)

ArtisticVisions
03-03-2006, 03:01 AM
I actually prefer the 3rd comp: having the character/s move toward the view, I don't know, it just seems very appealing to me. :)

Arc80
03-03-2006, 03:26 AM
MORDALLES - Good to hear from you again mate.

AHBEEJIEH - Naks, sumali narin. Salamat ti meng.

ARTISTIC V - Thanks for the vote, but i think i'm going to scratch this three thumbs.

Okay, dont even bother with this thumbnails, because i think i got a more interesting composition that i just sketched, which i will be posting later on tonight or morning.
Just need to grab some coffee, so be back.

cheers

anzibon
03-03-2006, 03:50 AM
can't wait to see the new stuff.

is there a background story for these characters that i'm not aware of? it sounds like some of the regulars are familiar with your story already. but, then again, i am sick right now and may be hallucinating. better grab a pad and pencil!

~B

Arc80
03-03-2006, 03:56 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141361777_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141361777_large.jpg)

Okay, #2 #3 above or this new one. Man, i am so indecisive... i hate this aaarrrggg.

Let me know what you guys think.
cheers

Vahn
03-03-2006, 05:53 AM
#3 is still the strongest comp .. its well balanced. I like the idea of the topview and one of them walking on the rail but they overlap too much. You wont be really able to show your characters properly with that perspective. One possibility would be to show them from behind ..one looking down at the city, one leaning againts the railing and looking at the viewer and the third on top of the railing :D

jugeras
03-03-2006, 06:29 AM
whack whack whack. been bz at work but theres always time for your thread.

will be back whack :thumbsup:

jeromoo
03-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Hey there Archie! Thanks for dropping by on my thread even when i haven't uploaded anything. I would like to apologise for not being more proactive during the last challenge. Too busy with work. Hopefully I will make up for it this time. All the best to you!

am7
03-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Yo archie! good to see you'r starting early, I like you'r thumbnails! ;) Keep us updated!

Miyagu
03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
welcome archie! good to see you! :bounce:

umbrellasky
03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
:D I like your ideas so far! You think your indecisive, I'm probaly worse haha I'm on my third idea and I'm still not sure where i'm going with it...my problem is that my ideas never seem...amazing enough!

I really like your sketches, you have some great compositional ideas!

Keep it up! :applause:

xric7
03-03-2006, 11:43 AM
nice concept.i prefer the latest update sketch.better focus and can show the beatiful scene:thumbsup: cheers bros.

Arc80
03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
ANZIBON - Thanks mate. Yeah, i like #2 as well. I think i'm gonna try and combine
something. we shall see, hehe.

VAHN - Thanks mate. I see what you mean about #3 and i feel the same way, but it might
be a bit too simple of a composition. That's probably why it feels very balance.

JUGERAS - Salamat pre. So did you enter already? i'll go find that out soon.

JEROMOO - Hello my friend, no need for apologies. We all get busy you know. I'm just
glad to see that you'll have more time on this one. Thanks again.

BENITA - Thanks for dropping by. Glad to hear from you.

AM7 - HAHAHA, waaaup bro. Thanks for dropping by. Lets have fun this time.

ENIALADAM - Yeah, i know. Don't you hate that too, hehehe. Thanks for stopping by.
I think i'm getting something out this thumbnails, we'll see.

THITIPON - Thanks buddy. I dropped by your WIP thread last night, good stuff in there.
I'll comment later and spam you more, hahaha.

Okay, got a good sleep and i think i might try and combine both #2 and the new thumbnail. I'll see if i can improvise with those two. Thanks again and be back later for an update.

cheers

jbballaran
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I like this :) Something playful going on with the characters. Looks fun Tsong. The big characters a lil too centered lang I think :) Hay, inggit ako, di pako makapag sketch! :P Keep pushing Arc!

Arc80
03-03-2006, 07:11 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141416703_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141416703_large.jpg)

Okay, combining the idea from #2, #3 and the previous thumbnails, i think i'm going with this one. Maybe i'll add a bit more space on the top, but i like the balance now and that they are moving towards the camera.

Well, let me know what you guys think. I'm gonna start a line art for this one. If there is any changes i'll just do it digitially.

be back later on. need some coffee

Slav
03-03-2006, 08:12 PM
well i know you didn't ask for my 2 cents but here it is...

i think it might be cool to move the camera or the viewer's eye to where the rail is... that way you can draw the figures on the rail and not have to worry about painting so much wall you have with your current overhand point of view.all in all your image works very well... just that little thing i told you about seems to bother me. should not be a problem to work out. but i seriously think there are better solutions then the one you chose right now :)

calisto-lynn
03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry for not getting here earlier...i forgot how i adore youre style, the sketches are great...and i loved the first one with characters..it really reminds me of final fantasy cloud, and kingdom hearts mixed together...amazing i love it!! cant wait for more!!:D

Mu
03-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh

these are absolutely beautiful character sketches you got there!

Looking forward to see them in the whole setting!

*subscribed*

Arc80
03-04-2006, 08:37 PM
AHBEEJIEH - Salamat pre. Wala nga akong tulog eh. Gusto ko lang magsimula para mas
sigurado sa concept ko. Kita kitz.

SLAV - Hehehe, always good to hear your critzs bro. I actually agree with your comment.
I'm changing the angle a bit and switch the camera's POV. You'll see, i'll post it
tonight. I just started cleaning up the line art, but first, i have to take care of my
other project :banghead:

LINDA - No need to apologize. I'm just glad to hear from you :love: I'll update tonight
for the final comp.

MR. MU - Thanks for dropping by mate. I'm glad you like it so far. more to come :D

Okay, thanks to SLAV's critzs (which is always at the last min :argh: ), i'm twicking things a bit. It will still be an overhead shot. Just moving the camera around and i'm going for a vertical composition.

be back again tonight.
cheers

Pawlack
03-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi
I like your skethes, and idea. I think you should draw more buildings which belong to city, so the scene would look a bit more hmmm... 'spectacular'? :D:D:D

Good luck ;)

Velarion
03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
It reminds me of a Minas Tirith balcony. Good composition.

xric7
03-05-2006, 02:57 AM
hey buddy,i'll wait to see what will change in ur update tonight.for me i like the single guy on the rail more than 2.maybe another sitting one.hahah just my opinion.
thanks for checking my wip thread.let me check and spam more bro..:bounce:

Arc80
03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141586908_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141586908_large.jpg)

Okay, first of all, sorry for the really bad copy. My printer is busted so i have to use a crappy digital camera.
Anyway, listening to some of your suggestions, here's what i came up with for my final comp. Still an overhead shot, just change the camera's positioning.

comments, critzs, suggestions are always welcome.
Again, sorry for the bad copy. I'll be back later on to check out your threads.

cheers

Arc80
03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
PAWLACK - Thanks for dropping by mate and thanks for the suggestion, because of that i'm about to draw a lot of houses, hahaha.

VELARION - Thanks mate

THITIPON - Thanks buddy. I'll post the line art once i'm done and i'll make sure to make the monkey boy sitting down on the rail. Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

Okay, time to see what you guys got. Working on the line art right now. Hopefully i can finish it by the end of this coming week so i can start some colour comp.

time to spam :twisted:

Slav
03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
i would think this is much better. the perspective really show through now. its alot easier on the eyes. now make with some hight variations for the background buildings and you are set :)

umbrellasky
03-05-2006, 08:37 PM
For some reason I prefer the sketch before this hehe. This one is great but I don't know I just like the other one more. Although saying that you can play around with the perspective much more with this latest sketch.

sorry I know I'm contradicting myself haha.

Great work!

Arc80
03-06-2006, 04:07 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141621652_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1141621652_large.jpg)

Took a break and did some quick colour comps for the three main characters. Still playing around with it, but i'm liking the colour palletes.

well, let me know what you guys think. I'm gonna work on the line drawings for the final composition.

cheers and more to come

bandro
03-06-2006, 04:14 AM
cool characters man very RPG style

Arc80
03-06-2006, 04:15 AM
SLAV - Thanks bro. working on the line art... I'll post it once i'm done. I usually just do line art for projects, but i'll tackle it on this challenge since i've never really done any line arts for the previous challenges. Now you'll see how much i love detailings with pencil, hehehe (well, unless you've been on my website, you'll probably see some farely detailed ones). Oh and i dont draw small, i draw in big papers, so this might take some time :D

ENIALADAM - Hehe, are you trying to confuse me :twisted: I think i'll work with this composition, but i'll create a back-up plan just in case i try to pull that changing at the last minuite thing again, HAHAHA.

BANDRO - Hehe, you posted while i was posting my replies. Thanks for dropping by.

well, be back again. Still working on the line art... :arteest:

cheers y'all and have a good night

LhongJohn
03-06-2006, 06:16 AM
cool stuff, out of curiosity what is the story exactly?

calisto-lynn
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
hiihhiihhi great colours, just like bandro said...very RPG style! great work!!:D

NOOB!
03-07-2006, 07:47 AM
arc is in the house!!! (or where ever he may be at the present time)

nice stuff,whats your story?

jbballaran
03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Hay, buti ka pa nakakalayo na. Di pako makapagsimula dahil dami pa ginagawa. Some CnCs for you pare regarding the composition: Characters are a little too arranged. Intervals nila masyadong equal. And the dude standing on the ledge in the middle is too centered. Love the high point of view though. The view looks great from up where the characters are. Will be back. Keep pushing tsong. Hope we avoid the last minute change in concept tulad nung ginawa natin sa previous challenge :scream: Ingats.

Arc80
03-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks Guys. I got a hectik schedule at the moment and i'm trying my best to make some time for this. I'll see what i can do this weekend and hopefully put some updates.

LHONGJOHN, LINDA, NOOBZ, AHBEEJIEH, thanks for the support and comments and insights. I'll visit your threads this weekend.

cheers

BTW: i'll post the story with the finish line art (hopefully this weekend)

ThierryS
03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi Archie! Hey cool to see you in these pages again :cool:
I'll be following this closely my friend and BTW congrats for your french, you surprised me big time in the last mail. The moving is almost finished, pfiuu, that was a tough one!

So it will be the sword, the string, and the shuriken again, hehe! heard this before, so good luck with it and maybe one day I'll get to know the full story :D
See ya soon!

anzibon
03-10-2006, 01:38 AM
can't see too well from that sketch how the characters are interacting. are one of them screwing around on a railing and scaring the others? is he gunna leap?

i gotta know!!!

looking forward to some more story. i'm hooked, reel away.
~B

Arc80
03-11-2006, 03:10 AM
THIERRY - Good to see you again my friend. I hope the moving went okay. Yeah, i'll let you know about the full story one of these days. I'm still pondering if i should create a full blown story with this... will see... i still have to work on some other few :D

ANZIBON - Yeah, they are sort of around the railings, but not really screwing around.
I'll post the story soon mate.

cheers guys. update tomorrow

xric7
03-11-2006, 02:50 PM
lovely update for the charaters.especialy the boy is really awesome!!:buttrock: keep going mate.i'll wait to c more:bounce:

cok3
03-11-2006, 04:25 PM
this is some pretty cool stuff Arc80. nice character sketches, especially on the guy with the big sword. lookin forward for the lineart and story man. best a luck man! hope u squeeze in more time for this.

calisto-lynn
03-17-2006, 11:54 AM
come on archie!! update! update!!:D

TheFirstAngel
03-17-2006, 06:08 PM
st came to spam a bit :scream: : update update! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kidster
03-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Great characters doode ! Keep it going, it's cool !
Good luck ! I'll keep an eye on ya ! :thumbsup:

Arc80
03-18-2006, 05:33 AM
Wa up peepz,

Sorry for not updating for a while and not keeping up with your threads. Been busy with other projects and my brain is focusing on other matters at the moment.
Anyway, i'll be posting the line art very soon (not sleeping till i see the sun rising today, hehe).

So be back for an update in a couple of hours and will spend the weekend checking everyones works.

THITIPON, COK3, SACHA, LINDA, KID, thanks for the support and comments. Hope you guys keep spaming me, hehehe.

cheers

beelow
03-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Hey, I haven't seen this thread in a minute, welcome back ArchieP, Yeah I hear ya dude, get something up soon!:thumbsup:

Slav
03-18-2006, 05:54 AM
YEA! do it!

that and you can always resort to coffee... its a good friend in times of ... nvm, by in times i mean all times. anways :wip: :wip:

Arc80
03-18-2006, 08:10 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1142672998_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1142672998_large.jpg)

WOOHOO, finally an update. Sorry for the bad copy again and its not quite finished, but i think i'll submit it for the final line art. I sort of rushed it so i can post an update.

I'll be doing the cleaning of lines and edges in colours and i might change some of the designs and the character post. Just wanted to submit something for line art.

Well, let me know what you guys think. I'll start playing with the colour comps (and my back up plan, heehee). I'll type the story concept later... yawn... time to get some shut eyes.

peace and good morning to some of you

umbrellasky
03-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I adore the lineart, very clean. :D Great work!! I'm looking forward to seeing some colour :thumbsup:

jbballaran
03-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Aba, nagupdate din :) Ayos pare, ang linis. Daming small details, lupit lineart mo :thumbsup: Astig tignan. Abang-abang lang ako. Ingats :)

Slav
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
dude it turned out awesome! good job.

ThierryS
03-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah Archie! nice line art. Very comic like. Maybe the front character needs some more sizing up. It looks a bit smaller right now than the other because of the perspective effect. Just a feeling... What do you think? Cool mix of modern and old architecture. Keep that good work going, I look forward seeing the first colours on it. Cheers man!:thumbsup:

Arc80
03-20-2006, 10:42 PM
ENIALADAM - Thanks mate :D I'll try and work on a couple of colour comps.

AHBEEJIEH - Salamat meng. Hehe, masyado kong obcess sa detail. so ngayon alam mo na :D

SLAV - Thanks bro and thanks for the insights as well.

THIERRY - Thanks for the critzs. You're right, they do need a bit of a sizing up, either that or i could just shrink the one on the right side. I sort of hurried it so i can post an update, hehe.

hmmm... i'm going to add an inch on the top page so i can show some more landscape. I might definately change some of the character posting... i dont know... i feel like a want to do another composition, :argh: (when it comes to my own works, i'm so indecisive :banghead: )

well, i'll start cracking on the colour comps for this one... and i might be back with another composition, DAMMIT!!!

cheers

Arc80
03-24-2006, 05:17 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1143181076_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1143181076_large.jpg)

Okay, here's the second version. I worked on it pretty much most of the day today. I think i like this one better than the previous one. I think it is more suitable for the theme... it has more life and their gesture is improved... i dont know...

let me know what you guys think.
Promise, i will post the story idea with the colour comp. I've just been really busy with other projects.

see you this weekend and in the morning. Goodnight and good morning to some of you.

cheers

adonihs
03-24-2006, 05:41 AM
awesome sword on the main hero =)

anilduran
03-24-2006, 08:59 AM
That scene seems really a bit cut and sad. Some parts of the scene,for example exaggeration on the sober and the village details seems interesting.
waiting for the upgrates...
goodluck bro.

Vahn
03-24-2006, 09:28 AM
wow! that city is awesome :thumbsup:

nice work m8... but couldnt you bring the characters closer to us ? id like to see them bigger :D

jeromoo
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey Archie, I like your linearts! Your latest one, are they going to or coming from the city in the background? Right now it looks like they are leaving the city. It could be nicer if you show what's ahead of them than what's behind them.

jbballaran
03-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Hayops, palupit ng palupit ah :) Mi ilulupit pa ba yan? Kung wala na, ok nayan :thumbsup: Better mood, better composition. Astig yung sword nung mi hawak ng map. Only crit is the way the guy holding the map and the guy sitting look the same coz of the same way their heads are bowed down. They're almost mirroring each other. Repititions bore the eye easily tsong. Perhaps make the guy sitting raise his head up or something. Just a suggestion pare ko! Image looks great already. Sapok lang ng sapok, paganda ng paganda na. Dami ring ginagawa sa office kaya hindi ko matodo yung akin :P Abang nalang :scream:

Paulo-Peres
03-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow... great.

It is being very good. I like munch the city in background.

Go foward!

Paulo-Peres
03-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Wow... great.

It is being very good. I like much the city in background.

Go foward!

Arc80
03-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Fine, fine, fine, I'll do one more line art keeping in mind the suggestions you guys just gave. I cant colour anything right now anyway until april (gotta finish a few other works in colour, :headbang: )

ADONIHS - Hehe, thanks dude.

ANILDURAN - Yeah, i see what you mean about how it feels like its cut (i think its the top area of the page). I will do something about that in photoshop and add more space up there. In terms of the sad emotiion going on, yeah, it ties up with the story. Hey, not every journey begins with a happy note you know...

VAHN - Thanks mate. Glad you like it. I'll see what i can do with the characters being more forward.

JEROMOO - Thanks buddy. I will definately try your suggestion with my next line art. I'll find a middle ground somehow, so keep in touch. Hey, i havent' seen any piece from you yet... busy as always i guess huh.

AHBEJIEH - Hahaha, salamat pre. Always glad to here from you fellow noypi's out there. Tama ka nga sa gesture nung dalawa. I will try and fix that. Abangan...

Thanks again guys. I will take those suggestions in consideration and work on a last line art for this entry... no matter what i will have to paint all of them one of these days, MUAHAHAHA.

cheers

individium
03-25-2006, 05:42 PM
city is wonderful, world design is wonderful, charecters are beatiful, final composition is really better than the others and thats the greatest greatsword i have ever seen can i hold it =P =))

Arc80
03-25-2006, 11:48 PM
PAULO PERES - thanks man. I'm glad you like it. more to come, hehe.

INDIVIDIUM - Hehe, you can hold it... only for a second though :p Glad you like it man.
One more line art and then i'll decide what to work on for my entry.

thanks again guys.
cheers

FIDUCIOSE
03-26-2006, 02:16 AM
City and landscape looks cool!, what about close up the character to express the feeling of main character and detail, that can focus the eye on character than the landscape.

beelow
03-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Same feeling here AchiePV, characters closer! will be back homie!:thumbsup:

Zephyri
03-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey Archie! Apologies for getting in here earlier... I only just realised there was another challenge afoot two days ago.. duh! When I looked at that line art, i was like.. hey! Thats the sword the string and shiruken! *grin* good to see you making something with these characters, they're worthy of a finished piece! I'm in two minds over the "looking back and looking forward" thing myself... trying to focus on characters faces is hard unless they're looking back! I'll wait to see what you come up with next, before commenting, but I love the linework so far.

Slav
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
this is soo sweet. nice to see air ships :D

i love it <3

ThierryS
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Archie,

I like that new version better, It looks great, nothing to crit so go for it my friend! I look forward to see some color in that super duper composition! That city in the back will be wonderful!:thumbsup: :bounce: Have a good CG day!

Arc80
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
FIDUCIOSE - Thanks man. I'm definately going to change their position and play with it in ps.

BEELOW - Thanks homez.

SAM - Hi Sam! Great to have you back and glad you can join again. Yeah, i'm still thinking... kinda annoying at the moment...I'm wondering if i should just do a third line art or just use the bg and change the characters positioning :argh: I dont know, i guess i need to just do the colour comp in photoshop and see where it goes...

SLAV - I'm glad you like this one better. I'll see what i can do with it.

THIERRY - Thanks my friend :D I'm trying to catch up with the fast ones here, hehehe (that includes you). I'm still thinking about this one... it feels a bit too simple for me... i'm gonna go crazy if i dont decide something really fast.

THanks again guys. I'm gonna start playing with this one in PS. If i like what i see, then i'll just continue on this one, of course, i'm definately going to move the characters around. So update on the weekend.

cheers

am7
04-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow archie! that latest concept is so great! :) I'm really looking forward to see some color tests now! Keep it up, I'd better start doing something aswell soon.. so hectic atm. here.

Arc80
04-02-2006, 04:47 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1143996449_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1143996449_large.jpg)

wa up guys,

okay, i'm doing the colours for the second line art. I'm still trying to figure out if i should do a third, but for now, i'm gonna work on this one.

Added some things on the right side of the page and on the top. I'm changing the position of the sword dude. I'm not sure if i want to change the other two.
Oh and about puting them close to the camera... yeah, that wasn't working at all. so for this scene, i'm keeping them at that range.

well, let me know what you guys think. i've decided to make a demo reel out of this story... so wait for more drawings and finally some animations, WOOHOO.

cheers

spacesnail
04-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Yo Bro,

just a little drop to say hello ! and subscribe to your thread. Will come back a litle later for C&C.

Cheers

Manu

ThierryS
04-03-2006, 08:29 AM
NIce start on those colours Archie! Will be watching for your next updates. :thumbsup:

anzibon
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1143181076_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1143181076_large.jpg)

cheers

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT !!! :scream::buttrock::applause:

great stuff, man. really really nice.
agree that you could blow up the FG a bit to get personal,
but that could only make an already strong piece stronger.

have fun with it.
and don't mess with it TOO much from here. it's good.

cheers,
~B

jbballaran
04-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Musta pare? :) Pansin ko pinalitan mo composition mo tsong. It looks good, coz you made the area bigger, hinting that the land's really that big for them to go on a trip on. Some comments lang dude: masyadong na-isolate yung characters on one side and the town on the other. Can almost see a barrier in between the picture. That hill on the character's side kinda takes away the idea that they're going on a journey rin. Parang pupunta lang sila sa waterfall para sakin. Tsaka pare astig na yung pose nung dude na mi malaking sword na mi hawak na mapa dun sa huling sketch mo!... Either that or nanghihinayang lang ako dun sa lineart mo :) Sayang e, ganda na. But I'm sure you'll come up with something better. Keep it up dude. Balik nalang ako :)

Arc80
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
ATLE - Thanks bro. Yeah, been hectik here too. Hopefully both of us can finish something for this entry, hehehe.

MANU - My dear friend, good to see you back here with the rest of the crazy people, hehehe. Now its definately going to be fun :D

THIERRY - Hehe, yeah, finally got the chance to colour. Been doing a lot of line arts lately. Be back for more.

ANZIBON - Hehe, thank you so much mate. I'll try me best not to mess it up... we'll see :argh:

AHBEEJIEH - Pare, very good points. Salamat. Nakikita ko nga yung mga sinabi mo, so i'll do something about it. About the line art, may reputation ako sa old school ko na punitin yung mga ginagawa ko pag di ko gusto, so huwag kang manghinayan. I personally think i need to change it and i kind of like disattaching them to the city (parte nang story)... guess i'll have to explain it later on.

Okay, about to post an update, let me know what you guys think. i'll be back later on tonight to spam your threads, MUAHAHAHA

cheers

Arc80
04-03-2006, 06:58 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144090735_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144090735_large.jpg)

Well, changed a bit of the characters positioning and thanks to AHBEEJIEH, he was right about that waterfall, so i took it off.

anyway, let me know what you guys think. more work to be done.

cheers and be back later tonight

beelow
04-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Maybe a little more variation in those clouds, seems too parallel dude, but this image is coming along nicely!:thumbsup:

Wating for more updates!

Arc80
04-04-2006, 05:09 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144127375_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144127375_large.jpg)

okay, did more works. Started details on the very back landscape mountains which i will post later on. Also worked on the sky and base colours on the city and the hills. more to come

time to get some rest... eyes shutting down....
cheers

individium
04-04-2006, 08:54 PM

i liked both this one and last one but the best thing in this one is city is bigger and frame is perfect but theres a great thing in the last one too the one with the greatsword is looking forward i think you should use it in this one she'll still hold the map but look forward. but last one is good too. :)

and an animation sounds great man if you can do it so quickly youre incredible!

THECLYKE
04-06-2006, 05:46 AM
Looking Awsome As Usual!

I Love The Pose Of The Kid In The Middle..and Great Job On The Town In The Background.....keep It Up Man.

Arc80
04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
BRYCE - Thanks bro. I'll try the variating the clouds like you said.

INDIVIDIUM - Thanks mate. I know what you mean. It just feels a bit too unbalance with the line art. I wanted to bring a more wider backdrop to sort of hint that is a big world out there. No worries, i'm getting another since i'm working on my demo reel. So we'll see. One more month right.... :D

CLYKE - Thanks bro! Glad to hear from you. Saw your line art with the character. It looks cool.

Okay, weekend is here again, so i'll be updating... hopefully a pretty heavy updating.
see you guys later and thanks as always for the comments and advices.

cheers

ramy badie
04-08-2006, 02:16 AM
I'm really loving this so far, looks really great. I feel that maybe the colors could be a little bit moodier, right now they are a little too bright for me, other than that I love it so far.

Arc80
04-08-2006, 04:14 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144469667_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144469667_large.jpg)

Okay, heres a tad bit of an update.

In terms of the sky and time:
A or B or both or none or something else, hahaha!!!

more updates to come this weekend.
cheers

jbballaran
04-08-2006, 05:28 AM
Sunset looks dramatic tsong. It's like the chick is waving goodbye both to the town and the sun. It's got potential for some wonderful sunset colors too. On the other version: that moon looks like it's gonna swallow the characters whole, composition wise. Too distracting. Abang nalang ako ulit :)

ramy badie
04-08-2006, 05:32 AM
I love both of the new skies actually, either way is an improvement. I think I like the cloud structure in B but the sunset from the first one. I don't really like the separated clouds as much on this piece, the big block cloud is more effective if you incorporate some of the sunset colors :)

beelow
04-08-2006, 06:24 AM
I think u can also incorporate some warm colors somewhere in this image maybe in the characters, holding a lantern or something. I like em both as well, Archie! Have to agree with ramy badie about the cloud structures in the background, maybe put that in the first. But, big improvement from the previous update!:thumbsup:

Slav
04-08-2006, 10:52 AM
hmm now that you mention it ... night time would rock hard. but i donno this is purely subjective.

Arc80
04-08-2006, 08:14 PM
RAMY BABIE - Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what i can do, but i might try the night sky for a bit and see where it goes (i do have the sunset under another layer, hehehe).

AHBEEJIEH - Salamat meng. I see what you mean about the moon. Still trying to figure it out. If the night sky doesn't work, then i'll have the sunset as a backup. Masyado lang kase akong mahilig sa night sky eh :argh: Plus i havent done a night sky that i feel that actually works. so will see... abangan

BRYCE - Thanks man. You just gave me a good idea about a secondary light source. Good looking out bro :buttrock:

NIBBLES - Yup, i'll be trying out the night sky. Not a lot of entries are doing a night sky anyway. we'll see... last time i tried doing something at night it wasn't quite succesfull. so i want to tackle it again. Sunset will be my backup for now.

thanks again guys. be back with more updates. cheers

Arc80
04-08-2006, 11:36 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144539360_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144539360_large.jpg)

Hello

Umm... just worked on the sky. Continuing the night scene. So let me know what you guys think. I'm pretty okay with the sky now... i think.

Oh and dont worry, i'll post the sunset once i refine it. Now i need to start working on the grass.... :scream:

cheers and be back later

beelow
04-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Grass would definitely be darker, maybe like a dark green or something. what about moonlight? U may have to pull reference for this dude. Check out Chris beatrice work that should help with ur color pallete dude, looking better, though! Establish ur lght sources b4 u continue though or u will have a headache haha!;)

individium
04-09-2006, 01:19 PM
hey man this is going very interesting i really like the night scene, use the moon (in &quot;B&quot;) its looking great.

the clouds on the right makes me feel like they're going to have a hard journey.

man i always thought of this picture as a morning picture but not sunset; sunrize with earlymorning light, maybe sun at the middle of the picture.

i think there are 3 best times for this : sunrise, midday or midnight but not sunset (although i love sunset:))

but one thing for the midnight if you make a nightscene and put that much balloons that will look weird (for a city like that too much awake and working people) but that wont be a problem for morning concepts. but baloons are very very beatiful and they describe the place.

keep going man!

Arc80
04-09-2006, 10:14 PM
BRYCE - Thanks bro. I think i'll just go outside tonight and take some picture of the environments at night. I'm definately adding a moonlight and of course, i wont be paiting the grass without knowing where my light sources are, hehe.
Just wanted to tackle the base colours of everything. I usually tackle the effects of lighting last... i don't know why, but its more fun that way for me :D Good looking out by the way. thanks

INDIVIDIUM - Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, that's what i'm hoping the viewers would feel. I sort of wanted to tackle a different side of starting a journey. Hopefully it becomes clear in the end. we shall see, hehehe.
Oh and i'm way ahead of you about the balloons :D I took them off already with the night scene. I'm keeping them on the sunset though :argh:

cheers guys. I'll try and post an update later tonight. I'm taking advantage of the nice weather right now, heehee.

uwil
04-10-2006, 06:42 AM
pre, ok yung comp mo sa A.:thumbsup:
cute characters, keep going...

anzibon
04-10-2006, 07:34 AM
i don't know if this fits in with the personality of your characters, but i really liked the on e with the sword standing in the raod pondering the map whilst the other two got board and are taking a last look at home. just gives them a feel of having really different personalities from one another. where as if they're all on the stumps they feel more like three versions of the same character.

it's also nice to have at least one of your characters up close and personal.

btw, i liked the sunset better... but if they have a lantern or something, that would be really cool too. maybe the shuriken character could be lighting it?

cheers,
~B

warpy
04-10-2006, 08:25 AM
nice start, too moody for my taste. try making it a sunny day.
your story has a lot of potential.

Arc80
04-10-2006, 09:26 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144704391_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1144704391_large.jpg)

Okay, heres more update. Added the moon. Worked on the clouds more. Added 2 inches on the left side, which means more houses to paint (thank you SLAV for giving me more work load!!!)

As for the characters, i will be rearranging them again.
So be back with more updates later on this week.

cheers and have a good week to all of you

Zephyri
04-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Archie.. looking really great! I agree about the latnterns if you go with the night scene, but I'm sure you're probably doing that anyhow. I really like the clouds, they are wonderfully done. Can't wait to see how you rearrange the characters now. Keep on with it, it'll be a cracking piece when it's done!

jeromoo
04-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Hi Archie, great looking clouds! I think the blackness of the sky is a little too much black for my taste so the sky ended up looking flat. try to add a little paynes grey here and there to make the black sky look more interesting.

You can try not to make the moon too bright. Instead, dim it and add some wonderful craters onto its surface to give it more character. The bright part can be in a crescent form where the sun hits it from the right.

Looking forward to see your next progress!

jbballaran
04-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Wow pare. Wala akong masabi. Awesome mood! Cant wait to see how the characters'll look in this! :thumbsup:

individium
04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
looking great man:thumbsup: cant wait to see the other stuff coming

Arc80
04-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys. I'm a bit busy with a bunch of other works at the moment. So i might have to leave this for a few days or so. I am going to try the crescent moon idea by Jeromoo and see what happens. Other than that, just more painting and cleaning up and still deciding about other things...

UWIL - Thanks pre! glad to hear from you again. Kailan ka sasali sa bakbakan?

ANZIBON - Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually going to try and re arrange them again. so will see what happens.

WARPY - Hehe, thanks for dropping by mate.

SAM - Hi there! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what i can come up with. Right now i'm sort of started working on my demo reel. So more storyboarding at the moment.

JEROMOO - I see what you mean about the blackness of the sky. I'll tone that down.
About the moon, hehe, i haven't even worked on that yet, but you gave me a good idea about the waning moon. so i'll try that out. Thanks again man.

AHBEEJIEH - Wow, thats the first time for me. Salamat meng. Glad you're liking it.

INDIVIDIUM - Thanks mate.

cheers guys and have a good week

ThierryS
04-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi Archie!!
Hey nice sky you've done sofar:applause: it gives a great mood. Will you spread the light in gradient a bit more from the moon to the foreground?
This will be a rocking entry. I expect you'll do some great stuff for the characters! Good luck on these houses haha, yes more work with this addition, but it looks already better! :cool:

Slav
05-08-2006, 12:52 PM
i demand an update! :D

calisto-lynn
05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
yaaay this looks great archiiie!! i love it!!:D

xric7
05-09-2006, 02:49 AM
hey archie,very nice mood for the sky.i love it.and the grass with the mushroom is cool too.can't wait for finish image.:bounce:
cheers :buttrock:

individium
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
hey where are you archie??

nice nightscene but 2 week left and heroes must sget ready for the journey right now!

c'moonn wake up

Arc80
05-17-2006, 09:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147902552_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147902552_large.jpg)

Okay, okay. I know i haven't been here in a while. Got really busy.
Anywho, i'm gonna try and finish the challenge. Hopefully 10 days is good enough.

Still the same story, just different composition. Wasn't really happy with the last one. So here it is.

cheers and goodluck to all.

Arc80
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
THIERRY, SLAV, LINDA, THITIPON, INDIVIDIUM, thanks for the continues support. I really appreciate it. I apologies if i haven't been here and been checking your threads. I just really got busy.

Anyway, time to start on this new comp. This is going to be fast, hehehe.

cheers and i'll be spamming later tonight.

Arc80
05-18-2006, 12:08 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147910891_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147910891_large.jpg)

Okay, just begining the basic colour comps.

more to come :D

individium
05-18-2006, 12:21 AM
haha, you're a crazy man archie!
welcome back ! i was hoping you to finish that one but you came up with a new comp.

older one was more clear as a journey but i like this one too.

good luck dude!

penartist26
05-18-2006, 12:40 AM
noypis! wow nice entry mamen. keep it up:thumbsup: i like the sword kinda cloud stryfe brutesword

Arc80
05-18-2006, 04:26 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147926363_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147926363_large.jpg)

Okay, some more adding colours. tweak the contrast a bit in terms of the sky.

more to come :D

cheers

Arc80
05-18-2006, 04:28 AM
INDIVIDIUM - Haha, yeah, i know. I'm one of those people. I never get satisfy with my first few tries, so i always end up making new comps at the very end. weird huh...

NARDS - Thanks pre! Glad you like it.

Okay, time to spam a little since i havent done it in a while, heehee.

cheers y'all

am7
05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
I never get satisfy with my first few tries, so i always end up making new comps at the very end. weird huh...

Hehe, I'ts the same here! An artist should always challenge himself, to improve his work - even if it means alot of unfinished concepts. :)

I love the colors of the sky, remember that the far distant city should have less saturation than your characters and enviroment in the foreground. But as it's an early basic coloring, I guess you'll get to that. :thumbsup:

As for the bridge, I think perhaps the perspective is a bit off? It seems very thick as it vanishes into the distant horizon. I'd reccon it could add more depth if you would try to tighten it abit. My last critque would be that you could need some more framing elements - that is a 3rd level, the foreground. Perhaps some grass/stones and the beginning of a trunk or something? It would help frame the important parts of you'r picture.

Otherwise I must say that this concept is my favorite you've done, so you'r on the right track! keep it up - only 1 week left now. :eek:

Arc80
05-18-2006, 04:17 PM
ATLE - Thanks for the suggestion bro. I'm glad you like it. Yeah, we do tend to keep changing things a lot i've notice, hehe. It definately keeps us on our toes :D

Anywho, about the bridge, that's actually following the vanishing point that i have. I think i just over painted the area where it's curving, hehe (i'll fix that). As for a foreground, i will be adding one in photoshop (i got lazy with the line art :p ). And yes, that area will definately be less saturated. I just wanted to put the basic colouring... sort of like texture mapping... i think.

Thanks again bro. Good looking out and great advices. 1 week should be enough for the both us to finish :whip:

cheers and be back for more updates

Arc80
05-18-2006, 05:26 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147973188_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1147973188_large.jpg)

More update. Added some bamboo on the foreground and some area on the mid ground. Started cleaning some edges as well.

Let me know what you guys think.

cheers and more to come

jbballaran
05-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Naks, bago nanaman a. Parang patanda ng patanda characters mo a :) Pero mas ok yan, mas astig. Composition looks better in your previous post. 1 week to go tsong. Goodluck satin!

Arc80
05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148247087_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148247087_large.jpg)

Hello,

Here's a little bit of an update. Changed the design of the mountain so it can show a bit more depth. Still cleaning up some edges, where there is a lot a the moment.
Just begin to work on the sky were i'm targeting to finish today... the sky i mean :D
I also cut the bamboo on the forground and took the once on the left ( Thanks AHBEEJIEH ).

I will be adding a few more stuff here and there. So be back with more updates and hopefully a bit more details to show.

cheers and be back tonight to check on peoples thread.

beelow
05-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey, Archie P! Nice interesting compo that you have going on here, best of luck to you!:thumbsup:

Arc80
05-22-2006, 02:18 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148264334_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148264334_large.jpg)

Good evening,

Well, i think the sky is pretty much done. I might do a little bit more tweaking, but i wanna leave it simple.
I also just put the basis for my grass... man, more works to do and still cleaning up bloody edges, jeez.

Let me know what you guys think so far. 1 more week, heehee.

cheers and time to check up what others are doing.

Slav
05-22-2006, 11:48 PM
bump!

just kidding. great work man keep it up!

Arc80
05-23-2006, 02:27 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148351254_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148351254_large.jpg)

Wa up,

Not that much different. Just more cleaning up. Added some design for the bridge (THANKS SLAV).
I dont know if i should add more design on the bridge and over complicate it. I do know i need to add a horizontal bar for the bridge support. Just got caught up cleaning certain areas.

Anywho, be back for more updates and hopefully i finish in time...

cheers and goodnight

Arc80
05-23-2006, 02:30 AM
JOHN - Salamati meng. I'll seriously try to finish it. Kind of iffy right now with that, so will see.

BRYCE - Thanks bro. Glad to hear from you.

SLAV - You know you're not that far from where i live. I can always take amtrax to Montreal and take another train to Toronto and give you a SMACK, HAHAHA (giving you an evil eye right now :D ).

cheers guys, be back for more updates

ThierryS
05-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Wout! another composition..:eek: Faithful to your habits as I see hehe...Looking good man, I kind of liked the one with the highly contrasted forground on the right. But as time is getting short I wish you to finish it like you think is best man! Time for crits is almost gone so good luck for thes last hours of work now, cause I'm sure you'll finish it! Cool designs and perspective by the way:thumbsup: See ya for the last final post then!

Arc80
05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148490979_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9604/9604_1148490979_large.jpg)

Okay, a bit iffy with the time that i have in hands, but non the less, i will try. Started detailing some areas. Still havent done anything with lighting. I'll tackle that when i finish adding details and the bridge. As far as the characters, i'll save that for last. I'll be adding some town people... maybe just hints of them.

Anywho, goodluck to all and hope to put more updates.

cheers

anzibon
05-26-2006, 03:08 AM
ANZIBON - Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually going to try and re arrange them again. so will see what happens.

you certainly did. i almost skipped the thread until i realized it was yours, reinvented... again.

good on ya, mate! you're a brave brave man and it's paying off for ya. only comment would be FINISH!!

good luck, man.
~B

individium
05-29-2006, 01:47 AM
hi archie, its too bad to see that you couldnt make it either, i guess we are the ones that couldnt end our own journeys.

sorry to see that one not complete, i hope to see it in the finished works section.

see you later mate! nice knowing you.

anzibon
05-29-2006, 01:57 AM
great effort, man.
hope to see a finshed work some out of all this.

~B

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 01:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.