PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: yaroslav Kravchenko

Slav
02-28-2006, 04:59 AM
yaroslav Kravchenko is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9601)

Latest Update: Final Image: Thorn Princess - Final
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148729549_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3585013#post3585013)

Arc80
02-28-2006, 05:19 AM
WOOHOO, great to see you again. I just got the notification today. Hope to see some great piece again from you buddy.

I'm definately spamming your thread once again :D

cheers and goodluck

xric7
02-28-2006, 05:28 AM
hi mate,i'm looking forward to urs.:bounce: good luck and have fun

MichaelZHsee
02-28-2006, 05:32 AM
best of luck to u slav~i love ur previous entry.can tell that this will rock as well:thumbsup:

Slav
02-28-2006, 07:10 AM
thanks alot guys... i guess you are all the regulars as i see... sadly i wont get to start the challenge till the 26 of march. i have an interview @ Sheridan collage this Saturday and OCAD on the 25th of march. so from now till then ill be p*ssing blood, of course i dont mean that literally, to get my folio in order. :( 8 works down and 7 to go for this Saturday LOL i am sooo screwed. XD

MichaelCTY
02-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Hello ,welcome back, dont know you know me or not from last challenge
Hope u have fun
and lookin forward to ur works
:)

Squibbit
02-28-2006, 07:22 AM
welcome slav, have fun dude!

ozhaver
02-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Best of lucks! Have fun!

*another thread to stalk!* :cool:

beelow
02-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey Slav, welcome back buddy!:thumbsup:

Slav
02-28-2006, 05:39 PM
yay more people coming back :D *waves* i want to work on this too T_T

and i have a cool idea for this one. i guess we shall wait and see what else brews in the meanwhile.

ps... damn i am REALLY falling behind on my post count ahahha... gotta up that stuff. :)

paperclip
03-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Go Slav Go!

Good luck with this-- another subscription, I'm afraid. I won't be able to move for all the blue checks on the forum page, lol. At least I can see where everyone I know is!

PSych
03-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Best of luck for u :)

Lync
03-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Good Luck Slav. I loved your image for the last challenge, and am looking forward to seeing what you do with this Challenge. :)

Slav
03-01-2006, 01:43 PM
hey guys, yea paperclip i will have to go update my subscriptions as well... lync thanks but it can always be better. :)

best of luck to you guys as well. but for now work and food calls so ill take my leave.

LexLe
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
come back!:)
good luck!;)

Slav
03-02-2006, 04:41 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141274471_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141274471_large.jpg)

the main idea i am going to be focusing on is a thief's journey of escape. ill write a little background story later on, so i hope you all will enjoy concept now :)

might work on it more change things around... move things... donno. *shrug*

W-I-L
03-02-2006, 05:56 AM
looks very atmosperic.. i fear from this though that it doesnt look like begiining journey.. more middle of journey or just archological expidtion... i say this becuasde in the brief it is supposed to be clear with no descrption needed.. anyway the concept i like alot and sketch is excellent show me more

Squibbit
03-02-2006, 06:53 AM
lotta cool stuff in dat.. :thumbsup:

LexLe
03-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Interesting idea!
I think it it is necessary to continue
:)

paperclip
03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I love the idea and the mood, but the man on the horse looks really small beside the skull...

Still watching this thread! :thumbsup:

umbrellasky
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I like your concept sketch! I look forward to hearing more about the story.

Good luck with the challenge!

Slav
03-02-2006, 04:24 PM
i was not able to respond to wil's comment before but here goes.... i think if you have to make something that simplistic it will look like allot of other works out there... and i think that is more of a problem then making something that will evoke a bit of thought in someone as to what you are trying to convey. as for the journey on the one hand you might be right, but since the outlook on travel you have is that of the current day and age you are thinking a distance like that is huge... while on the other hand you can look at how much he has travelled and wonder if this is the beginning how long of a journey he has left to travel. there are no cars and in their particular time frame their race can achieve little more the beast riding. i will have to work on portraying more of a settlement in the cradle of the remains of that huge beast. i am still not sure if i should go with vegetation or what not i think only sand will kind of make things dull. i will revise the composition a bit more it doesn't quite sit right with me. at least for the moment.

i did some horse studies the other day... so i think i might want to make the front figure the main subject... its been so long since i painted animals... and i think it will be fresh and fun to see the image give birth to a horse rider.

thanks allot for dropping by again guys sorry again for not putting out as much work but i am kind of still doing my portfolio while doing this in my breaks or spare time i can find in any moment in between.

Arc80
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Well said Nibbles :D

The only critzs i could give you is that, honestly, i think this composition is too easy for your skill. I'm actually expecting more from you this time bro, because i personally think you can do this kind of composition blind folded. So maybe play around with the composition a bit more (no pressure from me by the way, hehehe). I'm thinking of something complex in terms of leading the viewers eyes... just a thought

The story sounds interesting so far bro. I'm just wondering how you will convey it in terms of how the viewers eyes move on your pallete. So be back to check your next move bro.

cheers

MichaelCTY
03-02-2006, 05:55 PM
the sketch looks good so far.........haha I will pay attention on your thread man
wish the best to you
and waiting for more great works from you

Slav
03-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Archie, that's awesome man. well i wouldn't want to be going back wards and thanks for making me aim to wards something a bit more challenging i appreciate it. i am going to scrap this concept i am not digging it at all. i need to figure out what elements i want in the image then organize them in a way that is pleasing for the viewer. i just wish i had more time to work on this i still have to do 2 more life drawings for my portfolio, which will probably be in water color because its a rather fast medium to work in... but i have a pastel work i have to finish which will take a good chunk of the day. thanks Micheal i do hope you come back soon. :) sadly like i said before i think this concept is scrap.

a problem i am having is what kind of presentation i need for my story i am really not a writer and to write a back-story for an image is just as demanding as creating the image itself. i hope there is a layout example for that kind of stuff. :|

Arc80
03-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, think about the motive of your thief. If you want the basic then its usually tied down to the most biggest treasure or relic they can steal and how hard it is to steal. For a thief, location and the process of stealing is very important. They have that mentality of "expect the unexpected" and never trust anyone.

Just to throw an idea, in my opinion, i would probably make the thief standout in an over populated town, city, or conurbations, and really show the busy area with all this complex pathways and alleys. Because its always interesting to see how a thief would manuever to get in and get out without getting notice or caught.

I dont know, just trying to help you out bro. Goodluck on your life drawings by the way. Watercolour should be an easy medium for that depending on how youre going to treat it.

be back again bro. hope i help you somehow :argh:

marcoracer
03-03-2006, 06:00 PM
A good start. I'd make sure the main character is emphisized a bit more.

bandro
03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I think the feeling of a thief, somebody trying to hide, to evade its missing, the character is creepy but it only reads as a "bad man" or a spectre i think you could give the art more a sense of a getaway or a sense of rush maybe.
keep up and good luck
:thumbsup:

rkeith0275
03-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey,

I am pretty new to this stuff, but in regards to your concept idea, the thing I like about it is the combination of new (spaceship) and old (pyramids) I always like pieces that combine both and pull it off (which is the hard part I guess) Anyway, I wouldnt scrap the idea all together. Good luck with the interview and folio completion.

Slav
03-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, think about the motive of your thief. If you want the basic then its usually tied down to the most biggest treasure or relic they can steal and how hard it is to steal. For a thief, location and the process of stealing is very important. They have that mentality of "expect the unexpected" and never trust anyone.

Just to throw an idea, in my opinion, i would probably make the thief standout in an over populated town, city, or conurbations, and really show the busy area with all this complex pathways and alleys. Because its always interesting to see how a thief would maneuver to get in and get out without getting notice or caught.

I don't know, just trying to help you out bro. Goodluck on your life drawings by the way. Watercolour should be an easy medium for that depending on how you're going to treat it.

be back again bro. hope i help you somehow :argh:

actually those are wicked ideas to go bye ill have to keep this post for when i have to write the back-story. :) Archie you have no idea how much this helped. i am not sure if its because i have not really had time to really sit down and think it through or just i am a bad back-story writer. in either case this time ill get it right, i hope.

A good start. I'd make sure the main character is emphasized a bit more.

thanks, this is just a random doodle i did to just get something up here its not going to be a final concept or anything. its it mostly just something i can look at later on to emphasize some ideas and concepts i would like to focus on during this challenge :) but you are write partially why this didn't work was because the character was not dominant enough.

I think the feeling of a thief, somebody trying to hide, to evade its missing, the character is creepy but it only reads as a "bad man" or a spectre i think you could give the art more a sense of a getaway or a sense of rush maybe.
keep up and good luck

sorry to point this out but you got it all wrong, this is exactly what i am aiming to get as far away from. evasion and hiding might be traits of your typical stereo type thief but think about how he obtained a relic for, say a lost sun temple, and he now must travel there to make use of this relic. i might change all this but for some reason i am really not digging your suggestions. they just seem typical and premature to me. *shrug*

Hey,

I am pretty new to this stuff, but in regards to your concept idea, the thing I like about it is the combination of new (spaceship) and old (pyramids) I always like pieces that combine both and pull it off (which is the hard part I guess) Anyway, I wouldn't scrap the idea all together. Good luck with the interview and folio completion.

well what can i say ... this particular concept is not cutting it and i am going to try a different temple/environment design... so don't count on anything at this stage :)

thanks allot for those who stopped buy, your crits and suggestions are always welcome. so yea... keep them coming :)

sypherr
03-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Nice to see you in this challenge slav :)

Im loving your thief idea i think this piece is going to turn out great! :)

Slav
03-08-2006, 01:53 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141782824_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141782824_large.jpg)

i have started to see allot of, packing for a long journey type images recently and i tried to go another way... not fantasy although i was tempted with one sketch i really liked but i had to scrap it because it was too much on the interpretive side. i wanted to introduce an image that could be read easily yet had the potential to be interpretive. in the end i kind of tried to weave the idea of my thief/general protagonist with a quest. no journey would take place if it didn't have a purpose, thus i believe the true beginnings of an adventure/journey really starts at that point as opposed to the physical preparation for the travels. i took 2 parts from my idea the "relic" element, it acts like a key for the final destination which can also be seen in the image as the shaman type woman shows the destination of the path to be travelled. i think this would be the right mix of reality and mysticism because i will be able to explore interesting lighting and shadows. should be really fun once i start refining the lines to define what really the scene will be all about. i posed with my sister tonight and got some reference for the anatomy so all that is left to do now is block out the perspective and match it to the figures. *ooh this is going to be soo fun*

slav.

Wayne jermaine
03-08-2006, 04:32 AM
gooodstuff man.. good luck

Zycho
03-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Very nice sketches! Love 'em. Can't wait to see some colors on them :thumbsup:

beelow
03-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Nice, sketches Slav. The ole' handy digital camera, hehe! Keep it up dude!:thumbsup:

dash2k4
03-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Wow, this looks good. Can't wait to see color!

yoitisi
03-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Nice sketchwork here, I like the middle one with the lone walking character, although it might be a bit simple (or maybe not, but the background is yet a little undefined to me).

Would like to see more of you :)

umbrellasky
03-08-2006, 08:37 AM
I really like your idea. I too didn't really want to go down the 'fantasy' route (for a change). I love your drawings!!

Keep it going :thumbsup:

SideAche
03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
NICE! Looking forward to seeing your development - as always. Great to see you work again.

Slav
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141845809_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141845809_large.jpg)

here are a few sketches i did from life toward the figures in my piece.

Slav
03-08-2006, 07:27 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141846047_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141846047_large.jpg)

i am still trying to clean out the grey color from the image but i guess it will take a few days to get rid of. i changed my image radicaly from earlier concepts. so far this image is sitting at par with me.

NOOB!
03-08-2006, 07:53 PM
yeh i think the male figure can be exaggerated slightly,like the one next to the life drawing.

its looking great,but i think the journey theme isn't too clear right now:) maybe it'll become more apparant as u go.

Katea
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Veri nice, and dinamic, Try to put sth interesting on the right :) Good luck! :)

Lync
03-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Very nice sketches. I do like your concepts too. They are a little bit more thought provoking than others which is great.

GrM
03-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Cool stuff, this looks like an interesting take.

If this is the image you're going with, is there any kind of context to what is happening at the point the image is "taken" at? Is he about to steal it, or is this his first encounter with the relic/treasure? you've got me thinking, and its great.

I like the base colors you have, and like I said, interesting stuff so far, I can't wait to see this as it goes!

Slav
03-08-2006, 09:57 PM
hey guys, thanks to everyone who stopped by... nothing much to respond to, just if you have any interest as to what direction my image is going just read the thread. most things will become clear with time.

aside that thanks to everyone whom stopped by and shared thier thoughts. :love:

Slav
03-09-2006, 04:51 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141879882_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141879882_large.jpg)

i introduced both the destination and the relic(which is going to change as soon as i find a better design) to the image and worked out a few things with the forground and background. while i slave away on the rest, enjoy.

kevinhyshen
03-09-2006, 05:08 AM
nice to see an incorporation of perspective, unique concept, good luck

sypherr
03-09-2006, 05:40 AM
I like the idea :)

I think alot of emphasize should be put on the relic too.

The woman seems alot larger than the man, is this intentional?

Keep up the good work Slav :)

W-I-L
03-09-2006, 05:50 AM
its just preference i guess but this composition does not excite me.. i guess i dont feel that close to whats going on.... mayeb a lower perspective or tightening up of the chracters. i am not sure.. nice idea though son

Slav
03-09-2006, 04:01 PM
thanks stopping by kevin.

sypherr, i am not exactly sure what to make of the relic yet i dont like the design i have right no so more the likely ill be changing it. as for the woman to be honest i have no idea... i thought her size was appropriate for the image. she kind of drew her self because i never intentionally sat down and designed her. although i am quite happy with the way she looks.

thanks for dropping in will. well if you can suggest anything more specific that would be nice. as far as rendering, i am trying to do everything all at once. no crazy gimmicks just a few brushes and a whole lost of cross hatching. :)

Slav
03-10-2006, 02:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141956365_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141956365_large.jpg)

back to the thief idea.

MichaelZHsee
03-10-2006, 03:00 AM
very nice angle for the last one:scream:this composition looks more powerful

norvman
03-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Wow very impressive stuff... I can't wait to see the finals on this..

I like the idea that your bouncing around radical approaches as much as you are...

makes for good art...

this latest piece is really starting to pull some emotion too...

like the idea that your doing as much as you are with a limited color pallet in this latest sketch...

W-I-L
03-10-2006, 05:38 AM
really prefer the thief idea.. and that comp is good.

Slav
03-10-2006, 06:53 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141973600_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1141973600_large.jpg)

look for it.

Slav
03-10-2006, 09:50 PM
sh@ke, norvman, W!L: thanks for dropping in. i think ill stick with the last one. i am digging it. a bit of work to be done there but its all good so i figure that with a bit more design i can work out the background... bring in a bit more saturated color in some areas and so on... i shall return. :)

Katea
03-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Nice one Slav, I like it a lot, the mood is very nice :) :thumbsup:

walrus
03-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey, Slav, i like this latest one a lot. Neat colors and camera angle. (And i know it won't stay, but i like how you did the inkwork underneath the colors.) Looking good...!

-mike

MikeTheHunter
03-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Hey ther, Slav. The last one has a lot of potential, you could just add more space to the work in the background, some bridges, some archtecture, I wouldn't close it with a wall, but I think it'll come up with the next update. I really like your ink work :) GO GO GO :buttrock:

Arc80
03-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Finally, he listened, hehehe. I definately dig this last comp bro. Nice depth and good way of showing a great lighting.
The only advice i can give you at the moment is that i feel like it needs a foreground. Maybe just bring the main character a bit towards the camera and some sillouheted foreground on the leftside. Just tossing some idea here.

Other than that, i would definately work on this one. Good choice of angle to push the mood :thumbsup:
will await for your next move mate.

btw: how many pieces of papers do you have left on your sketchbook :p

sypherr
03-11-2006, 03:26 AM
Ur last one is the best.

Like others have suggested i think you should bring the character closer to the foreground.

Slav
03-11-2006, 06:41 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142059315_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142059315_large.jpg)

working out the city

Cyberone
03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
very nice start, love the colours...it reminds me of painting i used to do in my final year of art school...

i dont really get any story jsut by looking at the picture as of yet...
but i still like it all the same...

Slav
03-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Katea thanks for coming by and checking out my piece.

walrus hey thanks allot for the encouraging words. yea the ink might not stay... but ill always remember how it is. :P

MikeTheHunter i can always drill holes later mate. :P maybe a bit of light is in order there i donno right now i am trying to get the whole image to fit and since i change the perspective again... ill have to fix some of the lines near to the right of where the figure should be. not exactly sure 100% what i want there but defiantly know i want to keep that shadow... ill have to plan this out a bit more.

Arc80 you right but foreground comes after the background. i need to know what i can work with in terms of covering up the background... ill probably introduce some later when i am ready to move to something else from the background. as for the sketch book... i had to get a new one :| but luckily i have plenty of spare almost empty ones from high school.

sypherr:hmm characters... hehe i am not quite there yet. ill stick to background for now... and to be honest i have no decided if the characters are going to be facing toward the city or running away from it. *probably away from it*

Cyberone: yea i really have not put down a complete story to the image yet... but you can find a general outline of the thief concept earlier in the tread if you wish :) thanks for dropping in.

paperclip
03-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Yaroslav, I really like this one. The colors complement each other so well and I love the pen & ink feel to it. I think you should keep them- it really suits the picture.
Also, great atmosphere. All we need now are characters and a journey. :D

andrecaetano
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
hello!
I liked your first and last concept.
The city on the last one is very interesting, the lights and the atmpsphere.
Although i gues on the first one the idea of a journey was clearer than on this last one.

keep it up :)

MikeTheHunter
03-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Slav - the last update was really nice, kida structures I had in mind and yeah, you're right, the shadow is really working there now. You're on the right track ;) No more crits, just waiting for an update :)

W-I-L
03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
getting a sence of wonder and mystery about your enviroment.. very convincing and well done so far.. keep up the good work

Slav
03-13-2006, 08:12 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142237539_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142237539_large.jpg)

bringing some more saturation into it and playing around with some ideas.

Squibbit
03-13-2006, 08:14 AM
excellent atmosphere there, Slav ! :thumbsup:

anilduran
03-13-2006, 08:41 AM
The colors and mood of the enviroment seems impressive.
waiting for updates...

MichaelZHsee
03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
dig the camera angles~dynamicly captured.:thumbsup:

umbrellasky
03-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey I've missed so much!! I keep doing that, thinking I'm all up to date with watching peeps but alas there are soo many people to keep track of ;)

Anyway wow! Awsome sketches, I really like your latest! Great work!

Vahn
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
mhhm great angle and very interesting sketch ...i really dig the colors and the structure in the bg :D :thumbsup:

jevinart
03-13-2006, 01:05 PM
great sense of tension and drama here; the environment feels crushingly claustrophobic, adding to the suspense of the character's run. like the semi-monochromatic feel of the colors, too.

vader
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
good dynamic in the scene, the atmosphere is very cool! :thumbsup:

good luck slav

domclubb
03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
The escape sketch is very nicely done with great energy and atmosphere. However, i'm worried that the strong theme of escape takes away from the theme of a journey. He seems to be looking back rather than preparing to look forward.

yoitisi
03-13-2006, 05:56 PM
I like the style you work in right now, with the ink and all, although it will not stay for the final version :D

One thing though, I do not really dig the composition with the character in it. Hes a bit off center now, but I think it would be more fun to place him even more to the right, so you can see what is hunting him. (maybe even tilt the camera up a bit, so more of the ground is visible, or tilt it down so the thief will look like walking over the camera and out of sight)

Also, what is a thief doing with a bow that is even bigger than himself?? It would hinder him more then helping him I imagine :)

Slav
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142291463_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142291463_large.jpg)

i was writing a manifesto as my collage writing piece. it inspired me to work a bit.

i hope none one minds but the overwhelming response i got from my last update made me realise how little time i actually have to reply to everyone but i will get to it soon.

werepumpkin
03-13-2006, 11:23 PM
I thiink your work is wonderful, but I'm not sure the concept is coming accross yet as you have described it. I look forward to seeing the progress on this one.

sypherr
03-14-2006, 12:05 AM
I see you have brought it to life :)

Do you have a story to go with it?

Dominus
03-14-2006, 12:09 AM
wow, great atmoshpere there dude! the light is so.. i don`t know, i just like it :)

norvman
03-14-2006, 12:24 AM
That just looks great... yet another reason why I won't win this competion... ha! :cry:

Keep after it Slav that just rocks :cool:

Tigrenka
03-14-2006, 09:55 AM
good, good, good. Nice pic.

Желаю удачи!!!

Chupacabra
03-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi there,

Awesome work, dude! Just a suggestion... Why not try to make the figures read more? Maybe i'm wrong and stupid, ignore it if you want...

Best regards and big respect

Khan alias Chupacabra

My Journey Begins (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=323929&page=1&pp=15)

tuck
03-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Very nice composition,I like it.:thumbsup:

JoshBobillot
03-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey man, I dig your progress, The lighting and coposition is starting to look very nice. keep up the good work. I just joined the comp so I'll be starting mine very soon. I'll check back to see your progress.

Laters,

MechaHateChimp
03-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey Slav!

I like the way you've progressed so far with your initial cave concept. Definitely nice choice of colors and camera angle. I'll visit again as your work develops. - J

Slav
03-16-2006, 03:57 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142481445_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142481445_large.jpg)

myself and archie bounced off some ideas reguarding our entries the other night. anyways after that i went and did some work on the piece

some things to be done are the figures the anatomy is horrid... and a few other things i have in the back of my mind. anyways enjoy.

Slav
03-16-2006, 02:02 PM
MechaHateChimp: thanks for dropping in man. its been a while and i am still not sure but something is bothering me, maybe with time it will sit right who knows!

Mr. Bobizzll, tuck: thanks guys for stopping by and sharing your comments. :thumbsup:

Chupacabra: i am not sure what you mean by read more... mind explaining what you mean exactly?

Tigrenka: thanks for droppin in and good luck to you too :)

yoitisi: well i changed so much i am not sure this applies anymore... but i hope that is better in some ways.

domclubb: i initially addressed this issue with the figure being in front but somehow in the midst of this craziness the front-most figure somehow ended up being in the background... but i am pleased to say its fixed now. i have switched focus on what they see as opposed to what's behind. and i might add a few more figures to illustrate that more.

vader, jevinart: again thanks for droppin in guys and come back soon!

and now ill go work a bit more.

shattered-fx
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Looks like a concept art for a future Kevin Costner film..altough the anatomy is quite wrong, I still have to say that the general atmosphere is ok.. keep it up..thumbs up!!

CodeNothing
03-17-2006, 01:04 AM
this is an extreamly interesting piece. Everywhere i look my eye explores the space, also it has a "odd nerdrum" flavor to it that makes it kind of awkward/alien type of lighting. Its realy good. :)

beelow
03-17-2006, 03:38 AM
U may need to fix that arm watch the porportion of the character in the foreground. His arm seems a bit short.

But aside from that I love this painting, really good stuff!;)

Slav
03-17-2006, 06:01 AM
i sat down and made a few diffrent thumbnails... i hope to upload soon.

beelow: about the arm thing, yea i know i wrote that in the description...

CodeNothing:i have a strange feeling ill be finishing this piece just not for the challege. :)

TheFirstAngel
03-17-2006, 06:45 AM
cant say much more than "brillinat". curious what cha comin up with next :)

Slav
03-18-2006, 05:09 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142658558_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142658558_large.jpg)

line stuff i did the other night. story to come. with an update of the image.

slav.

Slav
03-18-2006, 05:20 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142659240_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142659240_large.jpg)

In defiance of the sacred Riuathlanim realm code, and of her Royal traditions the Thorn Princess, Ui, left the safe confines of her home province in search of Eiden. Young and naive the princess desperately needed to prove herself to the court's members, by drowning her roots in the Shattered Spring she hoped to gain her rightful place the as queen. A spring known to exist, but unfortunately the location of which is only known by the order of Urannia. Although most Urannia elders died during the Spirit Cleansing, the Shariuuian civil war period almost 2500 years prior to her birth, the few who survived where now known as the tomb keepers. They where believed to have been given the worlds memories, the last bathed within the springs waters. The Keepers where her only hope, in finding the Spring, and preventing her province from being engulfed in another 1000 years of civil conflict.

beelow
03-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Really, Nice update dude, good luck with finishing this piece dude!:thumbsup:

Dominus
03-18-2006, 11:05 AM
i don`t really know what`s going on in the picture, but does look good and the color scheme is great! best luck to you dude! and also thanks for droping by ;)

Arc80
03-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Interesting story. Good start on this one bro and good call on the size relationship between the characters.

btw: i thought you hated faries... :p :D

talk to you soon mate.
cheers

Slav
03-21-2006, 04:32 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142915546_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142915546_large.jpg)

i have changed the castle design, some terrain details and will add some more foreground elements as soon as i fix some a few areas in the background that don't sit right with me. i think this is going to be the final concept i am going to render.

beelow
03-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Cool dude tear it up! Waiting for the next progress, I see that u are going more left to right.
I don't know about that one, though. I find the sky a little more pleasing to my eyes! But, this is looking sharp!:thumbsup:

BaronImpossible
03-21-2006, 01:34 PM
There's a good feeling of space in the foreground. The background is good too, but I can't help thinking you could push the depth a little more. Maybe that will come out as you refine it. Nice job so far.

walrus
03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, that's certainly a change from your last concept... wasn't working for you, eh? THis is looking nice. Very spacious, very pretty. I can't quite make out what's in the elder's hands, but I'm sure it will become clearer. Good luck with this one!

-mike

Slav
03-21-2006, 05:37 PM
beelow: yea man i didnt really flip it some to see how it looks upside down ect...the sky i hope to change though it seems too bland for my taste right now. anyways stay tuned :P

BaronImpossible: i am not sure i want to push it more though... i guess ill have to give it a try... it might take focus away from the geo transition i am working on. i hope it becomes more clear as well :)

walrus: well it was working for me just not for the challenge... that and the whole Kevin Costner bit hit a nerve. i am trying to make a transition from lush rain forest to desert... i donno how i am going to do it yet but i hope it will be alright. thanks alot for dropping in man. yea and my work on the characters for now stopped i want to refine the foreground before i start work on the characters and before even that can begin i want to fix the background and the clouds... soo much work ahead. :)

ldgree
03-24-2006, 10:00 PM
HEy Slav!.. i love your last contest ^^
I will keep watching u, the sketches are beautiful

LD

Slav
04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1144448174_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1144448174_large.jpg)

just an update with a few things i changed and worked on. since life is hectic right now today was 1st time i worked on this in a while so here is what i got. i mostly worked on the contrast hope it works.

CodeNothing
04-07-2006, 11:57 PM
hey i like it! its very storybook/sureal and slightly disturbing. Like the dark crystal or Labrynth.

my only crit is the curve of the farthest mountain looks a little awkward.

nice color and atmosphere. :cool:

Arc80
04-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Bah! more updates... stop being lazy :D

Oh btw, i know it is still early in stage and progress, but the middle area of your piece (Hill/river/dessert areas) is looking a bit flat. Not a lot of depth of field going on over there.
Bro, smack me, if i'm giving you a critzs at a very early stage. I dont want to sound like i'm assuming here. So let me know.

catch you around.

beelow
04-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Well, I think that there is no real depth yet, maybe in the later stages u will add the depth in it! Waiting for the next update, great stuff as usual!:cool:

ramy badie
04-08-2006, 03:23 AM
This is really awesome work, such a cool style on this so far, I feel like the color choices are right on the mark and the image really tells a story. Lovely work :)

Jori
04-08-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm really waiting to see how you'll add depth in your pic, this is precisely what I do need more to learn :cool:

adonihs
04-08-2006, 03:43 AM
gorgeous clouds and concept, keep it going =)

Slav
04-08-2006, 11:34 AM
ldgree, adonihs: thanks for dropping in guys and sharing kind works. :)

CodeNothing: aww... i kind of like that mountain. and for the very reason you don't :( for some reason it works for me. at any rate ill see if i need to change it later on depending on how it works with the image it self.

Arc80: no you aren't assuming anything man. its true its not really all there... but consider that adding atmospheric haze takes 2 seconds while working out where all the mountains go as well as how they looks takes quite a bit longer then that. yea that's a line XD but its more so for me to know where i wanted to keep the horizon (which is changed anyways) then it is for the final viewer. its just how i work so consider it like a post-it but made of the image or some kind of check list of what's to come :)

beelow: well hehe like i said. i am trying to work out more important things then depth right now. after i am done my work ill have some side times to work on this thing alot more. i just remembered this update also doesn't have the pillars i added so yea... but will prolly be the next one.

ramy badie: thanks allot, it really means allot to me considering that my earlier concepts went in for quite a bashing. who knows this one might actually work. :arteest:

Jori: ahh depth is nothing special. just bust out the giant standard feather brush bring down the flow to 10% and start knocking out elements with haze you grab from the sky and surrounding areas.

NinjaA55N
04-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Although I really like that latest concept that r u heading to, I must say that the thief sketches and story convienced me the most. It could be coz of the dark mood that is present in the first sketch and just a few light sources that really make the pic misterious, but overall I think that piece could be very iconic and grand! I also like this image..
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1142291463_large.jpg

it has some very good shapes and nice composition.. the upgrade of this one starts to become a bit confusing and the placement of the characters isnt so good, so Im voting for this pic or the first thief concept. Good luck!

taz23
04-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I think Ninja might have a point, I like the new stuff but the first concepts are more interesting

Slav
04-09-2006, 09:32 PM
NinjaA55N: yea i do agree and personally i like it quite a bit myself. however it will have to remain a concept and maybe finished later as a personal project. i really like the concept itself and to rearrange anything in the concept will be taking the whole image back-wards. with that said i thought it would be best at hinting the characters are about to go into the background as opposed to it being where they just stepped out of.

taz23 thanks for dropping in man. as for interesting i really hope not, i guess its just a personal preference but i think that its a battle between micro and macro again. or at least in a general sense of it.

anywho :D rock on guys. :wavey:

warpy
04-10-2006, 09:53 AM
looks like an old english painting, its good to see a style such as yours.

authentic
04-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Hello yaroslav. didin't see your thread. What a shame !
I like your pictures. Great work on relation size.

Slav
04-11-2006, 08:52 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1144741933_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1144741933_large.jpg)

yet another update. playing with size and more contrast and shadows. cant wait to start detailing the foreground, i think that's where the fun will start :D

Atris
04-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi Yaroslav! Great painting! I'm looking forward to seeing the next stage. Good luck! :)

jevinart
04-12-2006, 12:51 PM
beautiful sense of depth and grandeur in your piece -- especially love the progressively smaller characters. lush colors and landscape make this a wonderful image. very nice so far...

Srulo
04-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Beautiful scene. The shadows are well in place. One thing though- It looks like the trees should have some leaves or something. It looks like that it is a blooming area generally

Samanthie
04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Your image is lovely. Very nice color scheme and the trees are very good. The little footbridge to the right is a nice touch. I agree with Srulo about adding a few leaves. Good luck to you and thanks for stopping by my thread and for your comments. :)

OliveBeard
04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I'd put a little more atmosphereic fade on that far mountain.

I love the style of your characters--stick-like, yet so real. It reminds me of a calendar of J. R. R. Tolkien creatures I loved.

Can't wait to see the finish. I think the depth is perfect.

Elrond56
04-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Have been away but don't know how I missed this one . . . it's like stepping back into middle earth . . . I agree with the suggestions for leaves, as a matter of fact it's SPRING so let the blossoms bloom *)

I'll be back!

individium
04-16-2006, 12:32 PM
i loved both of your works, colors are betiful everything is beatiful but i think the escape concept gives the journey feeling clearly but the last one does not give a journey feeling much it feels like a picture of an ordinary day of those beings.(it would be great to see both of the pictures finished)

good luck:)

Slav
04-21-2006, 02:55 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1145584542_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1145584542_large.jpg)

more updates to come soon.

MDN67
04-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Very nice pic, the color are very good, i like the anbiance, great job

Slav
04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
warpy: thanks allot for dropping in man.

jevinart: hmm that was unintentional but i guess if it work then all the better :)

Atris: and i hope to not disappoint :thumbsup:

Srulo: hehe you are way ahead of me man. just wait and see what is to come. :scream:

Samanthie: thanks for dropping in, and leaving your comment.

OliveBeard: well i like the bg now but as for the characters i really have not gone into the gritty details of them yet.

Elrond56: you have it closer then the others. its actually an autumn scene as opposed to mid ground which is summer and background which is a barren waste land sort of.

individium: well the problem is that the other piece didnt speak to me in terms of a thematic connection to the challenge topic. otherwise i was very pleased with the image it self. ill finish it but not for this challenge.

MDN67: thanks allot man. come back soon, ya hear!? :)

well the characters are set the image is almost at its final look the only thing i have to do is redesign the foreground and get some reference for the other 3 characters.

i hope to update soon.

chenzan
04-23-2006, 02:41 AM
i like the colors. A assume the characters are all of different sizes right?

Squibbit
04-23-2006, 03:41 AM
this reminds me of one of my own pics, dunno what size things are and i don't know
if it's a bad thing

nice landscape

individium
04-23-2006, 11:26 AM
its looking better now i think and more like a journey with those new creatures its still not clear in my opinion but now i think you know how to make it happen and final details will make it more clear. your picture has a very nice taste and i enjoy looking

Miah
04-25-2006, 10:44 AM
HI Slav!
Your scene is really unique! I think its because you have got an interesting cast of differently sized character. You layed them out throughout the foreground very well and balanced. I love the small details that make the scene believable such as the grills of a window on the lower right, the lone wheel alongside the fence, and the little metalic chimney. Really lovely composition. Will check back for more awesome updates!

Will be waiting for when you put the details in, surely it will look incredible!

Riddick
04-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Very nice background!
Good luck and keep the level up!

Slav
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1147373380_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1147373380_large.jpg)

let them have their 15 mins of fame.

Cyberone
05-12-2006, 03:25 PM
looking great!!!
interesting charecters and a vast packground....sounds like a recipe for sucess if you ask me!!

cant wait to see some more...

cyb :)

domclubb
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
a nice concept you have here. i love the characters, theres something humorous but slightly spooky abut them. the colours are great to. good luck

Quills
05-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Nice colouring - Guess the journey (where ever they are heading) will be even more ardous with those kids! (cool charcters) ;)

Q

Slav
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
chenzan: yea they are all supposed to short, the only semi real sized character is the child on the far right but you cant really tell. :)

Squibbit: i tried to play with roll reversal here. i am not sure it worked 100% but you should get a sense of scale from the background and when you come to the foreground, it should in theory get very twisted.

individium: thanks man. well as a speak peak that little character of the 3 is supposed to be giving the princess and her companion an acorn and some supplies. but i didn't draw in the bag yet. you are right though i hope things do become clear with the details. if they don't i am doomed! :(

Miah: yea i like that old feel allot of Italian type influence but i didn't use reference so i guess its all in my head. things i remember from what i seen somewhere. nothing specific.

Riddick: thanks allot for dropping in buddy.

Cyberone: encouraging words are always welcome :) thanks.

domclubb: once you think about the spooky... the only thing that comes to mind is the act of rendering countless mid-ground trees!

QUILLS: yea who really cares where they'll end up as long as they get going. i mean if i lived in that environment i would just wonder aimlessly.

beelow
05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Been a minute since I have been here, sorry dude. Nice Chararcters, I like those poses. Waiting for more updates!:thumbsup:

Slav
05-16-2006, 09:11 PM
cool. thanks for droppin in beelow!

Slav
05-19-2006, 03:05 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148004344_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148004344_large.jpg)

yep a few more days of this and its done.

authentic
05-19-2006, 08:47 AM
I really like your entry slav. The relation size are incredible. I would just say that the poses of some character could be more understandable.

Slav
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148325257_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148325257_large.jpg)

some work on the ground plants and, i really have no idea i am just rummaging through my memory banks for anything that fits into the foreground at this point. ill be back with more. this image gets done today maybe tomorrow.

beelow
05-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Looking good slav! I will be keeping watch, I almost forgot to visit your thread, to check up on your progress, sorry dude! YOur choice of colors are solid!:thumbsup:

Slav
05-23-2006, 05:23 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148358229_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148358229_large.jpg)

old character on the right to be done.
tree and graden under it.

be back soon. will finish tomorrow. had to write some stuff for lit.

anticz
05-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Hi Slav,
This has come together really well. I really enjoyed seeing the progression of this. I like the current concept but I think I agree that the previous concept was more dynamic and stonger compositionally. I'll be keeping my eyes glued to this. Good luck!

Slav
05-23-2006, 01:50 PM
beelow: thanks alot for dropping in man and no worries about that.

anticz: i donno man this image has kind of grown on me. sure the composition is kind of different. anywho thanks alot for dropping by!

paperclip
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Ooooh...pretty!

You're pretty close to the final now. Only crit I have is that you can't really see the face of the witch from this distance- maybe post a larger version?

Slav
05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
hey paperclip, haha i am sure the full size print will look better though :)

here is the 100%
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/slav1/characters.jpg

paperclip
05-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Can I point out how much I love your colours?

vader
05-23-2006, 08:59 PM
hi slav!! cool man, good image! the colors are creating an excellent atmosphere in the scene. :thumbsup:

good luck!

Slav
05-24-2006, 04:58 AM
i love old people!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/slav1/baha.jpg

Slav
05-24-2006, 06:12 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148447572_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148447572_large.jpg)

this is what i have for tonights work. be back on friday.

MichaelCTY
05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
wow ,cool environment you had made, great piece dude, lookin forward to your final:)

Slav
05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
had like 30 mins this morning and decided to put this together. its how i check out progress on my images.

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/f/2006/145/9/2/something.swf

sorry for the deviantart link... but its the only dump i could find right now. right click and save target as. there is no load screen because i didnt have time to put one together. but anyways enjoy.

Michael87: thanks allot for dropping in bud. ill finish this tomorrow probably.

TheFirstAngel
05-25-2006, 03:34 PM
solid work, now finish it! lol go slav go!

PSych
05-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi Slav!

Great work and nice progress :thumbsup:
My only crit: clouds on left side of picture - too close...
(Sorry for changing your work, i'm only hobbyst, but maby something like this will help u make litle diferent mood...)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/PavelSych/CGS_Journey/SLAV_largeV2.jpg

Good luck

Slav
05-26-2006, 02:24 AM
TheFirstAngel: thanks for dropping in man! and i will this Friday! :)

PSych: thanks for the paint over and i am fully aware of what you are trying to say with it, but i have to point out that if i do this i would ruin the mood i am trying to set with the image. the whole encapsulated environment feel goes out the window. (not to mention time constraints and on top of which if i add more haze to the background will become more bland and colorless, dead in some ways. i am really trying to stay away from desolate macabre theme as much as i can. more of a corrosive yet livable environment) also if i make it lighter it will hint a shift and cloud density over the characters something i don't want, that's what i want to keep the deep tone that i have. kind of like in the movie lost world, with the whole dinos living within a creator but not quite. sorry if i am not explaining myself as well as i should but at this point major changes like this are out of the question. :) now that's not saying i wouldn't be able to do it but more of a subjective matter as to one's preference. :scream:

MichaelZHsee
05-26-2006, 02:42 AM
hey slav:)thanks alot for the encouragement my friend,i'm on the verge of giving up due to that incident but i'm very glad that i have made it.i hope u ur going to completet this challenge too:)its looking good now,looking forward to see the finished painting:)good luck:thumbsup:

beelow
05-27-2006, 05:56 AM
Sorry Psych, gonna have to agree with slav with that one, I love the colors on the cloud. To paint it too realistically would make this image loose its luster and the mood would suffer! Keep at it dude your almost there!:thumbsup:

Slav
05-27-2006, 12:32 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148729549_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9601/9601_1148729549_large.jpg)

In defiance of the sacred Riuathlanim realm code, and of her Royal traditions the Thorn Princess, Ui, left the safe confines of her home province in search of Eiden. Young and naive the princess strives to prove herself to the court's members, by drowning her roots in the Shattered Spring she hoped to gain her rightful place the as queen. A spring known to exist, but unfortunately the location of which is only known by the order of Urannia. Although most Urannia elders died during the Spirit Cleansing, the Shariuuian civil war period almost 2500 years prior to her birth, the few who survived where now known as the tomb keepers. They where believed to have been given the worlds memories, the last bathed within the springs waters. The Keepers where her only hope, in finding the Spring, and preventing her province from being engulfed in another 1000 years of civil conflict.

--

there is much to be said about this image in terms of what its meaning is behind the actual story. i tried allot of new stuff with this one and it seems to have turned out to my liking. the environment especially. also since each one of the characters exists now on paper as well as in my mind, like giving birth to something and then nurturing it to this stage. the most stressful and rewarding of times i have had lately, between managing my work school and this challenge now i can finally rest knowing at least one thing is done. time to move on and finish more work that is hanging over my head.

Slav
05-27-2006, 12:37 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/slav1/journey_dtl1.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/slav1/journey_dtl2.jpg

some detail shots @ 50% res. and no i am going to go to sleep, been working for the last 17 hours. good night.

MichaelCTY
05-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Yo,1stly congratz on finishing this on time dude, the image looks very interesting, and as I told you,I like the environmnet very much, ofcourse your characters looks great as well heehee, let me read your concept more clearly then. good luck and cheers

Slav
05-28-2006, 02:06 AM
MichaelZHsee: its the only thing i can do at this point that and pity the lost works and hardware. and yea i will and i did finish. all done :P

beelow: thanks allot for all the encouragement and frequent visits! again, much thanks!

Michael87: yea the story is maybe not it all it could be but i really wanted to focus on the image telling a story rather then the story constructing the image. i hope you like it, and thanks for dropping in!

SideAche
05-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Ha, Slav, you got me. Another excellent competition from you my friend. Good luck and best wishes. Till the next one.

Squibbit
05-28-2006, 03:10 AM
weird stuff

nice details

TheFirstAngel
05-28-2006, 04:51 AM
first: congrats on the great image :) awesome work, beautifull!
as for the story, you done that willingly to turn me completely braindead after my completely useless paintingmarathon, did u? lol :scream:

CoreyArtE
05-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Congrats on finishing man, really turned out nice. Goodluck with the judging. :thumbsup:

Cyberone
05-28-2006, 10:52 AM
final image has come up damn good..
youve done a great job..
the people things and the background are equaly fantastic..
good luck..

CYB

individium
05-29-2006, 02:59 AM
congrats yuroslav! nice to see you finished your image and it ended very good.

very nice work!

Mythmaker
05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Slav! - Congrats on finishing! - It's a really interesting pic - lots to look at! Really well painted too...

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

Elsie
05-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi Slav :) Really well done on your challenge piece. I love the unity of the picture and feel as though my eyes could spend much time roaming around the background. You have a great style!

vader
05-29-2006, 08:46 PM
great slav!, congrats for final image dude! :thumbsup:

good luck :beer:

Atris
05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi Yaroslav! Congratulations on your very well done work! I wish you good luck! :)

JoanOfArt
06-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Charming calm collected image. Very artistic. Enjoyed discovering your thread.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2006, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.