PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jannis Bardis

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Jannis Bardis is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9600)

Latest Update: Modeling: character
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1143042734_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3373093#post3373093)

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 04:56 AM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Let the journey begin :D

Squibbit
02-28-2006, 04:58 AM
aggie have fun dude

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 05:09 AM
thank you sir squib :D so exited :D

Matellis
02-28-2006, 06:12 AM
Hey , oh cant wait to see some ideas from you!! i will be watching , im thinking also about working on a 3D one as well , i will see if i have the time!
have fun!

beelow
02-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Hey welcome and have fun, time for ur spanking! Hey! Basketball Spanks Agamemnwn*

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 06:22 AM
have allready some ideas i want to explore. one has perticularely stuck in my mind. doodling a little as we speak. we'll see what i can come up with :D

matellis : go for it. its always a good challenge to push the limits . if u organise your time i think u can manage a 3d piece as well :D

beelow:D Thanks man :D bring it on :D its going to be so cool :D

makaron
02-28-2006, 07:29 AM
http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/bbbb.jpg
good luck on your journey...

MechaHateChimp
02-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Good Luck!:)

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 07:33 AM
tack tack min lilla makaron :D det samma :D

tack you Mecha Hate Chimp . i hope for you the best.

Vedic-kings
02-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Good luck!

Rebeccak
02-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Go Aggie Go Aggie! :D

Lemog
02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Best wishes for your Journey Aggie :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Elsie
02-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah Janni Janni Banni *hugs* Have a great one!

Gunilla
02-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Go, Aggie, Go! :bounce:

trevlig resa, lycka till!

Zapan
02-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey Jannis !!

Glad you have you here once again !!

have lots of fun and best of luck mate !

cheers,

-Zapan

rattlesnake
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
hello Jannis, just writing to wish u good luck , ill be watching your steps into this challenge, have fun!:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
02-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Rock on u nuts...have fun. :)

Bikod
02-28-2006, 10:56 AM
good luck there!!!

sergioKomic
02-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Good luck Aggie!:thumbsup::bounce:

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Good luck Aggie!

Thanks sergio. good luck to you too :D

good luck there!!!

thank you Bikod :D

Rock on u nuts...have fun.

Lets go u nut lets have fun :D

hello Jannis, just writing to wish u good luck , ill be watching your steps into this challenge, have fun!

Hi rattlesnake Thank you for the wish . good luck too u too

Hey Jannis !!

Glad you have you here once again !!

have lots of fun and best of luck mate !

cheers,

-Zapan

Hello monsoir escargo its going to be fun :D

Go, Aggie, Go!

trevlig resa, lycka till!

Hej min lilla gunilla. Tack tack . where is your thread . i cant find it i hope u have joined as well

Yeah Janni Janni Banni *hugs* Have a great one!

elsie elsie flexie !!! thank you you too :D

Best wishes for your Journey Aggie

Thank you laurent i hope u reconsider and join as well . Cant be a challenge without le nut on the stirring whell :D

Go Aggie Go Aggie! :D

beccalicous . i am going to poke u too finish this challenge :D good luck girl
Good luck!

Thank you vedic kings :D

I just came home so i am going to get right on it and paint some sketches that i have in mind and see what i can come up with :D see ya soon

LadyMedusa
02-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Good luck Aggie. :)
*subscribes*

FrozZT
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey man! I wish you good luck and loads of fun! :)

AIR
02-28-2006, 06:44 PM
AgamemnwnHi,welcome to the challenge.
Looking forward to see what u cooking.:)

Seeya.

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Good luck Aggie. :)
*subscribes*

Thank you Valentina :D . good luck too u too . have fun

Hey man! I wish you good luck and loads of fun! :)

Hi Niklas, good luck with the challenge :D

AgamemnwnHi,welcome to the challenge.
Looking forward to see what u cooking.:)

Seeya.

Hi AIR thanks for the warm welcome . Good luck with the challenge as well :D

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 06:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1141153014_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1141153014_large.jpg)

this idea stuck in my head the moment i show that the challenge started.
If you ask any climber in the world why they climb a mountain, they all answer the same. " because its there"
The day they waited for a long time has finally come. the weather cleared over the summit and they prepare to journey up . its a dangerous journey every, every step counts, the leader checks right and left att his gear and then he looks up att the mountain. Its full glory anveils in his mirror like glasses. The journey begins.

Ego
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Cool sketch Aggie!

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 07:09 PM
tried my best on sketching . as i dont know that much in sketching and to make something with the mouse its really tough so be gentle :D

Vedic-kings
02-28-2006, 07:13 PM
to make something with the mouse its really tough so be gentle :D

I know what you mean:D

ceresz
02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Lycka till och ha det roligt Jannis!
~Skurai

Elsie
02-28-2006, 09:18 PM
My sympathies using a mouse to sketch Janni *sigh* tis like trying to draw with a bar of soap - you pulled it off well though ;) This promises to be interesting, I've never seen you model a human before.

ihamid
03-01-2006, 03:46 AM
hiya man! i see already with concept sketchs! will keep following this closely! and welcome to the challange!

SheepFactory
03-01-2006, 07:00 AM
good luck with the challenge man!

Agamemnwn
03-01-2006, 07:02 AM
hiya man! i see already with concept sketchs! will keep following this closely! and welcome to the challange!

hi Hamid,
yeah only one for the momemt. will get right one it and find more i hope :D have a good day

My sympathies using a mouse to sketch Janni *sigh* tis like trying to draw with a bar of soap - you pulled it off well though ;) This promises to be interesting, I've never seen you model a human before.

thank you my little Elsie :D its the first time so its going to be a challenge :D

Lycka till och ha det roligt Jannis!
~Skurai

tack tack :D

I know what you mean:D

:D

Zapan
03-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi there !

Cool concept sketch man , can't wait to see polygons dancing !!

GGOOOOO Aggie !!

cheers ,

-Zapan

Agamemnwn
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
good luck with the challenge man!

Thank you Sheepfactory :D u too

Hi there !

Cool concept sketch man , can't wait to see polygons dancing !!

GGOOOOO Aggie !!

cheers ,

-Zapan

Whats up mon pettit escargo :D thanks for the kind words. Its going to be a challenge to make a nice character . never made one before :D i will have to see your anatomy thread :D

Cgkoko
03-01-2006, 01:24 PM
hey.... Good luck! Now start modeling:D

sergioKomic
03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Cmon man (@$$ kicking mode=on) this concept is not wild

GO WILD IM TELLING YOU!:arteest:

Agamemnwn
03-01-2006, 06:11 PM
you are right sergio we need excitment, the sence of adventure, danger? the element of suprice? need to think about it and find some original ideas :D will post something tonight

Crin
03-01-2006, 06:16 PM
tried my best on sketching . as i dont know that much in sketching and to make something with the mouse its really tough so be gentle :D

I used to have to use my mouse for sketching but recently i finally got myself a wacom! Get one mate, honestly it's worth the money! Mines only little, it may even me the smallest one a6 but it's more than done the job for me!

Good luck with this challenge!

Carina
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Looking good so far from what comes across with the mouse drawing. Really feel for you, can't imagine life without my wacom! Having said that all the sketching i've done lately has been on actual paper and scanned, heh.

Good luck with the challenge!:)

Agamemnwn
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I used to have to use my mouse for sketching but recently i finally got myself a wacom! Get one mate, honestly it's worth the money! Mines only little, it may even me the smallest one a6 but it's more than done the job for me!

Good luck with this challenge!

Thank you Michael,

Looking good so far from what comes across with the mouse drawing. Really feel for you, can't imagine life without my wacom! Having said that all the sketching i've done lately has been on actual paper and scanned, heh.

Good luck with the challenge!:)

thank you Carina :D

as i said michael and carina .i see the wacom as an investment to move my skills on the screen . so if my skills on sketching are crap buying a wacom wouldnt improve my drawing skills it will just further them into the screen. so i thought of working on paper and improving on drawing and then when i see that i am impoving buy the wacom :D

Rebeccak
03-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Woo! The 'Aggie' phenomenon is catching on! :bounce: Nice sketch Aggie! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

~gobeccagobecca

MichaelZHsee
03-02-2006, 08:35 AM
hie jannis,pretty nice sketch,just i think that guy is alil too thin?:scream:thank u so much for the posts in my thread.all the best to ya and have a fun journey

Gunilla
03-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Ahhh - the project is started and the first steps are taken.. nice indea! This could make a very strong image I think. Funny, we have almost the same concept - only the characters differ :scream:

Agamemnwn
03-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Woo! The 'Aggie' phenomenon is catching on! :bounce: Nice sketch Aggie! :thumbsup:

~gobeccagobecca

Hi my little beccalicious :D thanks . its the best i can do for now . suck att sketching be better soon and make u proud :D

hie jannis,pretty nice sketch,just i think that guy is alil too thin?:scream:thank u so much for the posts in my thread.all the best to ya and have a fun journey

Hi michael thanks for stopping by , i know the guy is thin but as i said i suck att sketching hope he is going to look better when i modell him

Ahhh - the project is started and the first steps are taken.. nice indea! This could make a very strong image I think. Funny, we have almost the same concept - only the characters differ

godmorgon Gunnie :D

I want it to be a strong image emotions on the face of the character. the magestic mountains and the reflection on his glasses. the feeling of breathing heavy in the high altitude and the element of suprise and danger as well . these are the main things i am going to aim on . and he is going to be humanoid not human :D i need to sketch some ideas i have on my mind right now and show them to u guys tonight :D

thank you all for the support :D

makaron
03-02-2006, 09:50 AM
to eager on the save button, doublepost...

makaron
03-02-2006, 09:50 AM
you can make him loose his grip, looking like he is about to fall backwards :p

Zapan
03-02-2006, 10:47 AM
you can make him loose his grip, looking like he is about to fall backwards

Suddenly that's the end of his journey ... :D

cheers ,

-Steph

Agamemnwn
03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1141324203_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1141324203_large.jpg)

Worked on the character for my scene. this time on a piece of paper . wanted a strong character not only physically but also his facial expressions .

Ego
03-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Strong looking character. Does he have a hand growing behind him or is that hand a different study?

Agamemnwn
03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
thank you Queenie :D no the hand is a different study :D

LadyMedusa
03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Intressting looking face... Really like the nose :)
Will be looking forward to see him in 3D. :)

Zapan
03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey Jannis !

Great sketch but ... but did I miss something ? is he the guy climbing the mountain ?
At first I thought you were going to something realistic ... :curious:

Anyhow , looking forward to see what all this means :) !!

cheers ,

-Steph

Agamemnwn
03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Intressting looking face... Really like the nose :)
Will be looking forward to see him in 3D. :)

Thank you Valentina . it will be a challenge to make him good and reallistic :D

Hey Jannis !

Great sketch but ... but did I miss something ? is he the guy climbing the mountain ?
At first I thought you were going to something realistic ... :curious:

Anyhow , looking forward to see what all this means :) !!

cheers , -Steph

Hi Steph,

What do u mean , its going to be reallistic but i dont want him to be a human climber . i want to push the envelope . make him humanoid and in another world . give also the element of suprice in the picture as well as he looks up the mountain and the clear sky on the summit the appearency of a menacing storm behind him and him group. more adventurous more danger in high altitude.

Thats the idea anyway . I am greatfull for your guys and gals feedback on this

rattlesnake
03-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Steph,

What do u mean , its going to be reallistic but i dont want him to be a human climber . i want to push the envelope . make him humanoid and in another world . give also the element of suprice in the picture as well as he looks up the mountain and the clear sky on the summit the appearency of a menacing storm behind him and him group. more adventurous more danger in high altitude.

hello, well the idea sounds really nice, doing a humaniod character with some modifications is going to look nice..looking forward for updates man

KangarooMan
03-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey there, great start on the challenge! :thumbsup: I will be looking forward to seeing your entry progress.

Matt :)

Zapan
03-03-2006, 01:07 AM

Oh ok , everything's clear now (yeah I'm bit slow:scream: ) ... so realistic , but fantasy concept anyway .
Sounds really great ! Run Aggie .... Goooo !

cheers ,

-Steph

DeeVad
03-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Hello Agamemnwn ! Nice to see you in this challenge; Your character idea is good, and the face look fantasy, I will come back to see the WIP. Good Luck !

DimitrisLiatsos
03-04-2006, 12:17 AM
HHeheheh...i think u are ow going to be in need of a new machine soon...nice character :thumbsup:

Go NUTS! :bounce:

Agamemnwn
03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
rattlesnake: thanks man . i will go with this idea for now and let the journey unfold :D
mmbenya: hi matt thanks for stopping by .
Zapan: mon pettit escargo :D thanks for the comments . its going to be fun
DeeVad: thanks for the kind words hope i dont let u down :D
DimitrisLiatsos: you have no idea how right u are :D dimitri , but its going to be fun :D thanks for the kind words.

ok because i am a logistics guy by trade this is how i am going to break up the project.
concept ( brainstorming and character development)
2d scene ( sketching the hole scene on paper and looking att the best composition as well as character/characters equipment, poses and facial expression !very important!)
blocking of the scene in 3d ( experiment on lighting as well)
modelling the enviroment( were needed) and characters, props etc.
texturing, rigging, turntable
rendering
any ideas and comments are always welcome and encouraged :D

Claireabella
03-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Good luck and enjoy the journey with this challenge.......! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Morning Aggie! I think today is a good day to start modeling - yup, I can feel it. The poly clouds are building up. Good luck :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Morning Aggie !

I think today is a good day to start modeling - yup, I can feel it.

Yup , I second that , a Sunday without polys , it's like a BigMac without mayo ... doesn't sounds right ! :scream: ... oh I'm silly today

cheers ,

-Steph

Agamemnwn
03-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Claireabella: Thank you for the warm welcome good luck to u too
Gunilla: Godmorgon Gunnie :D Today is a good day to sketch . Character poses, character sketches, enviroments, read Loomis and Hogarth, thumbnailing and working on composition angles,emotions and facial expresions :D No rushing things. I dont want to start blocking the scene and modelling the character without having worked on the layout and how he is finally going to look and decided that its not going to work and have to start over again from the beginning .
Zapan: Hi steph thanks for stopping by . You are my poking team to keep me on track and push me to the finish line . i greatly appriciate this . Thank you my friends :D

FrozZT
03-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Today is a good day to sketch . Character poses, character sketches, enviroments, read Loomis and Hogarth, thumbnailing and working on composition angles,emotions and facial expresions :D No rushing things. I dont want to start blocking the scene and modelling the character without having worked on the layout and how he is finally going to look and decided that its not going to work and have to start over again from the beginning .

Hi! I think you are going at it the right way... Looking forward to see the results of todays sketching.. I'll be back to check them out later! ;)

Agamemnwn
03-06-2006, 03:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1141657197_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1141657197_large.jpg)

made some modifications to the character after studying sketching and tried to render him to show how he would look like. suggestions and comments are always welcome :D

FrozZT
03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Is this character for your climbing concept or am i totaly confused right now? Never mind.. He looks cool, keep doing sketches to your models, i think you'll learn alot from it! Keep it up..

Agamemnwn
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
FrozZT: hi Niklas . yes he is the character for the climbing concept. as i said i want him to be humanoid but now human :D so i started sketching to see what i can come up with :D

Zapan
03-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Great sketch Jannis !

Lot of personality in this character , can't wait to see the polys version :D !!

keep it up ! no snailing for you mate !

cheers ,

-Steph

Lemog
03-07-2006, 05:27 AM
Very interesting character... I really appreciate the nose... less the ears... too thin even at the base certainly (for me...)

Agamemnwn
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Lemog
Today 12:08 AM

Great sketch Jannis !

Lot of personality in this character , can't wait to see the polys version :D !!

keep it up ! no snailing for you mate !

cheers ,

-Steph

Thanks Stephane . hopefully i will try to make him good in the poly version . Looking att your wireframes him help me plan how to modell him . Thank you :D

Very interesting character... I really appreciate the nose... less the ears... too thin even at the base certainly (for me...)

Thanks for stopping by laurent. I like his nose most of all as well . I need to work on the ears and eyes and maybe try something else for the ears as well
I ve been working on sketching different angles and how i would like the character to be ( started climbing and see him on a climb angle or down on camp) i think i will go with a more dynamic pose of the character started to climb the mountain and looking up gasping for air looking att the top of the mountain :D i like it more like that more emotional :D

makaron
03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
looks like he is ready to be in polys soon :) good work so far ... you can "chop" his upper ear of a little bit and then he start to climb :bounce:

Gunilla
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Sketch looking real good, Jannis! :thumbsup: I especially like his nose too, he has four nostrils, right? Makes me wonder how his inner breathing organs might be constructed. :)

Rebeccak
03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Nice sketch Aggie! :thumbsup:

~GBGB

Climax
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Looks Good! Now it is time for some modeling uh? :bounce::bounce::bounce::arteest::cool:

Agamemnwn
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
looks like he is ready to be in polys soon good work so far ... you can "chop" his upper ear of a little bit and then he start to climb

Tack Mona . i know his ear is bothering me . need to fix it

Sketch looking real good, Jannis! I especially like his nose too, he has four nostrils, right? Makes me wonder how his inner breathing organs might be constructed.

Hej Gunnie :D thanks for stopping by . yes he has four nostrils . my friend looked att him and said "i wonder how he is when he has a cold " :D :scream:

Nice sketch Aggie!

Cheers,

~GBGB

thanks becalicious :D

Looks Good! Now it is time for some modeling uh?

Hi Omar thanks for stopping by.

this days i have too much to do as i am going to finish my master thesis and leave it at the university so that has first priority in my list. Other than that i have some second thoughts about the relevance of the character in the concept. Many of you guys had difficulty putting the character in the concept and i am having thoughts about it. if he is going to fit the concept or he is too fantasy looking. so i need to adress this now before i start modelling as well as finalize the concept sketch and render it in paper to see how the character would look like and what i need to model next. I started looking att tutorials and wireframes of characters models to see how i am going to modell him as this is going to be my first reallistic full character. There is a challenge by itself

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and support me in this . will be needing it all the feedback i can get :D

paperclip
03-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Hey Jannis! Good to see you around- sorry I haven't swung by here before now. I keep looking for 'Agamemnwn' and actually scrolling past 'Jannis Bardis' by accident. :D Sorry!

I like your character sketch, can't wait to see how you put it in context with everything else. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
theresa

LadyMedusa
03-11-2006, 12:14 PM
The ear is lookins so tiny and "wrong". You should either move it down or move the lobe down (stretching the ear to humanoid proportions)

AIR
03-13-2006, 10:52 AM
where are the updates man.:shrug:

Common dude,time is ticking...

Zapan
03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie....Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie....Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie....Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys .... Aggie....Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys .... Aggie....Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys .... Aggie....Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... Polys ... Aggie .... Polys .... Aggie.... :scream:

slickgreekgeo
03-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I wanna c an update, or else it's inevitable; we kung fu fight.

Agamemnwn
03-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Hello to everyone and thanks for all the concern and nice comments . as i said my master's Thesis is my priority work nowdays and until i finish it this week it will take most of my time . i hope that i will get along in this project on the weekend so plz be patient

mon petit escargo, AIR and slickgreekgeo thanks for the push :D

valentina i know the ears are wrong i will fix them :D

clippy thanks for the nice words :D

beelow
03-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Ok, jannis where are the models, haha! jk! good luck! I will be ur cheerleader hehe!:D

Agamemnwn
03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1142931368_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1142931368_large.jpg)

After a long time finally i have made some progress in the challenge and made some concept compositions of how the final image would look like in terms of dynamic of the image the characters overall look , poses and a rought of how i would like the foreground, middleground and background to differentiate. There are 5 concept angles and compositions both with different cameras and angles. I decided also to skip the humanoid character as i thought i would not be to relevant to the hole story .

Vedic-kings
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey looking great! Finally some modeling from you:thumbsup:

Looking forward to some more from you, as I really like how this is turning out!

Gunilla
03-21-2006, 09:25 AM
And we have polys! :bounce::bounce:

Difficult about the angles... 1 and 5 seems very dramatic - there goes my vote!
One thing you might consider to make the concept of journey stronger is to see if you can see something of the goal/target. Maybe seeing him from behind, he's looking down over his shoulder and the big mountain raises above him?

Great start - yayy! :)

Vedic-kings
03-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Difficult about the angles... 1 and 5 seems very dramatic - there goes my vote!
One thing you might consider to make the concept of journey stronger is to see if you can see something of the goal/target. Maybe seeing him from behind, he's looking down over his shoulder and the big mountain raises above him?

Great start - yayy! :)

I agree with Gunilla about maybe having your character looking down, with the camrea looking up at the large rock, also as he holding on with fear or something along that line..

makaron
03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
nr 5 looks nice... :bounce: hejja Jannis... give us more polys... :thumbsup: and im a bit confused about his goal, but im such blondie... maybe you told us and I forgot ... haha

Zapan
03-21-2006, 09:42 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce::bounce:

Polys !!! I see Polys !!!
I really like the 1st comp ... I do like the landscape view of the 3rd one too ...
Arf not easy ...
So I guess my vote would go to an invisible choice , a mix between those 2 ... you think that's a possible option ?

But so great to see that pic starting , now Go Aggie ... FLY !! yay !

cheers ,

-Steph

Lemog
03-21-2006, 10:15 AM
I really like the #3... but with details and people on the ground... to have a more strong view and action...

well, to have :
- the scale between the guy and the ground's details as the #5
- the framing of the #1 (another focal then to have #5 scale of things)
- the format of the "3...

my thoughts :shrug:

Your project start well Aggie :thumbsup:

authentic
03-21-2006, 11:28 AM
your different layout are intersting. I think for 1 2 3 you can let more space in direction of point of view of your character. My favorite is 3 for the moment but a move vertical version of 1 could be better I think.

sergioKomic
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Its not my favorite, but only no4 has some kind of a BEGINNING!:scream:

Yeap the journey BEGINS...:thumbsup:

Llynna
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
i like the 5th its a nice angle and gives some real focuses on his face, which i know you want to do :)

glad that you finally began compositing :)

Squibbit
03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
hey u got a similar idea than my upcoming concept, only the angle is different

no worries i aint gonna take it to final , it's just for fun

that #5 looks pretty good to me

Agamemnwn
03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
vedic kings : thanks for the kind words :D

Gunnie : tack s mycket . About the character i was thinking as he lifts his head up that sees the top of the mountain . have some thought about how to make it more menacing and how to put the element of danger in the image to make it more dramatic as well as play with his expression

makaron : The goal is easier said than done . climb the mountain because its there. its a challenge and a journey both as a journey up the mountain and a journey in the emotions of the climber and the dangers he faces. The unbredictacle , the wrong moment that is always there. sometimes the most simple situations are the most dramatic. what i want to betray in the image is the guy and the mountain . a goal to be reached. and the thoughts that go though his mind as he sees the goal in front of him as well as the element of suprice and the majestic of the enviroment.

Zapan: mon petit escargo :D thanks for the encouragement :D

Lemog : Thanks for the vote laurent i know its difficult to decide i have to think about it again and go through them .

authentic: thanks for stopping by and the thoughts about the compositions :D

sergioKomic: hi sergio , well we cant please everyone :D but i will try my best

Llynna : hi britta :D thanks for the kind words and the vote:D

Squibbit: similar is the right word i have no worries. but i dont have pink bunnies try to kill my climber :scream: :D,will have to find another way to put him in danger thanks for the vote panu

Agamemnwn
03-22-2006, 03:52 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1143042734_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9600/9600_1143042734_large.jpg)

as i am going to take some time to decide the composition layout i started working on character . This is what he looks like for now

Rebeccak
03-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Heya Aggie,

Good to see the start of your character! :thumbsup: Looks good so far, let's see some ears! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

KangarooMan
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey Jannis, great start on the modeling, I can't wait to see more! :beer:

Matt :)

rattlesnake
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Hello ..you have a good start on your modeling...ill be waiting for the final face modeling:thumbsup::thumbsup:...and well..i think compo1 can work.. or yeah compo 3..withsome more elements , good start man!

Zapan
03-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Dammit , I didn't see you started modeling !

great start Aggie !! it looks really clean !

can't wait to see more !

cheers ,

-le petit escargot :scream:

paperclip
04-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I like the third composition- you could have a creature's hand reaching down to help him up- will he take the hand? Or not? what will begin if he does? You could also use a great surpised expression and a cool creatures' hand ...plus little rocks falling down to show that it's a heavy beast....

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2006, 12:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.