PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Omar Carias

Pages : [1] 2

Climax
02-28-2006, 03:30 AM
Omar Carias is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/view_entries.php?challenger=9579)

Latest Update: Final Image: The Journey Begins
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146772824_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3515281#post3515281)

Climax
02-28-2006, 03:39 AM
mmmm...This looks like a nice place to build up my thread....I think I'll stay....From here I shall start a New Journey

Welcome to everybody, great artist and friends, it is time for a new beggining
May god give you all the strenght to make this another great adventure!
:wip: :beer: :wip:

antone-m
02-28-2006, 05:18 AM
how are old mate Climax :bounce: good luck with the challenge unfortunatelly I won`t be able to enter this time :cry:

rattlesnake
02-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Welcome to this one friend..cant wait to see this thread updates..l:thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
02-28-2006, 06:09 AM
good luck with the challenge omar. have fun first of all :D its going to be good :D

beelow
02-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Welcome back climax, let see what u come up wit, haha! Good Luck!:thumbsup:

maxspider3000
02-28-2006, 07:14 AM
hey Omar, good luck here my friend :)

makaron
02-28-2006, 07:35 AM
http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/bbbb.jpg
good luck on your journey...

Zapan
02-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey Omar ,

Let's the new party begin my friend !

Best of luck and have fun !!

cheers,

-Zapan

gpepper
02-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Omar is in the place ! Nice to see U ther M8 ! have a great journey !

arturro
02-28-2006, 10:51 AM
:applause::applause::applause:
This time I see we're here from the very beginning and hopefully to the very end
:buttrock:
good luck my friend

Gunilla
02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi Omar, good luck and a niec journey :thumbsup:

Versiden
02-28-2006, 12:05 PM
guess the journey begins for all the entrants, welcome to the challenge and goodluck

sergioKomic
02-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Omar is back.... (subscribes):thumbsup:

monsitj
02-28-2006, 03:04 PM
welcome back ! glad to see you again dude!

3dRaven
02-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Omar nice to see you joining. Can't wait so see your new detailed ideas come to life :)

Virtuoso
02-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Omar.............just stopping by to wish you tons of luck and fun......and will watch the creation come to life best I can......good luck mr.Challenger,and may the journey be a great one.....Now go get that journey started.....:arteest:

mmoir
03-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Hey Omar,

Nice to see you are up for another challenge. Good luck and have fun.

Bikod
03-01-2006, 02:17 AM
hello there buddy, Good luck on the challenge. will be expecting good stuff :)

ihamid
03-01-2006, 04:15 AM
hiya climax! doing 5d i see! welcome and goodluck mate!

Climax
03-01-2006, 03:47 PM
The Best, Rattlesnake, Agamemnwn, Beelow, Maxpider3000, Makaron, Gpepper, Arturro, Gunilla, Versiden, SergioKomic, Mositj, 3DRaven, Virtuoso, Mmoir, Bikod, Yunisirees

Happy to see u all again guys and gals, also old friends, I guess the theme is perfect to most of us, so, it is expected to have an amazing challenge this time full of magic and fantasy, Thank to you for subscribing to my thread, I will bring some ideas soon, I hope as always this would be a great experience to us all :)

theuni
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi,

nice to see you in one of these contest again... good luck ;)

Climax
03-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Theuni : Hi Nice to see u in too Have fun Buddy! :)

Well My brain has crashed again, I will have to restart miself to see if i can come with an idea for this challenge, at this moment you could drop a coin in my head and hear that funny noise of something falling in a bottomless cave!

>:lightbulb<
:argh:

Poonks
03-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Climax,

i hope to see your concept soon... so just have fun and good luck!

sonicstrawbery
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Nice to see you here Omar, can't wait to see your concept, best wishes :thumbsup:

Claireabella
03-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi Omar. Welcome to this challenge and the best of luck on your journey. enjoy! :thumbsup:

Climax
03-04-2006, 09:41 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1141465271_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1141465271_large.jpg)

Year 2033 The scientist research facility of GALILEA was making an experiment to test new forms to produce food in hostile territory of a foreing planet, something went wrong, The base was attacked by extrange creatures who destroyed the main computer and kill the 22 scientist in charge of the station.
It was supposed to be a desestic and safe zone so, Dr. Sanders had taken his only daughther to show her his job, During the unexpected attack the scientist managed to hide with Lya until the creatures were gone, after the massacre he realized that every mean of comunication to the main base was destroyed and also 3 of the 4 vehicles available and capable of helping them to reach the main station, unfortunetly the energy cells of the small transportation were not enough to take them all the way to AVALON (The main station) but it was equiped with a "LEGBOT" wich is kind of a semi-robotic protesis to help scientist to walk over heat territory carring heavy instruments and walking relatively short distances using a power multiplier wich is controlled by a net of sensors connected to nerves of the legs enhacing their strengh and making possible to walk on the surface of the stange soil without getting burned, but the energy cells of the LEGBOT were never planed to be used to walk long distances and were running out, Dr. Sanders didn't want Lya to know that, so she wouldn't get afraid, they hadn't eat in 2 days and their water suply was almost empty, to make things worst, Dr Sanders was bleeding because of the unconfortable task of using the lEGBOT for such a long time. Their journey was about to end, the only hope they have is get AVALON before the creatures

BobbEr
03-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Welcome back! Dramatic history u told here! Very nice sketch!:) Waiting for 3d!

-Best of luck!

-Roman

alvin-cgi
03-04-2006, 11:04 AM
hmm... sound interesting.:cool:

vfxluc
03-04-2006, 12:06 PM
hey there! this is my first post and i'm glad i found your sketch. i think you're going for a nice adventure ride.
looking forward for your next submit.
see you around

Zapan
03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Ah Yes Omar , That's a really sweet story , very intersting and well written , besides nice illustrated by a great sketch ... :applause:

Can't wait to see that taking shape with polys !

cheers ,

-Zapan

antone-m
03-04-2006, 04:47 PM
cool story and concept omar keep rocking :buttrock:

Climax
03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
BobbEr, alvin_cgi, Zapan & the best

Thank you for nice words about story and sketch, in fact I was wondering if I should create another idea, it sounds a bit tragic to me, but I would like to hear more opinions, I'll try to make my mind to post another idea soon with a "happier" story
:shrug:

makaron
03-04-2006, 06:46 PM
please show that... I :love: happy stories...

theuni
03-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi Omar,

great strory you`re telling here! And a fantastic sketch you created there :thumbsup: Looking forward to see the first "steps" in 3d :)

rattlesnake
03-04-2006, 07:48 PM
hello man, well i really like the story, and the sketch is very cool, just can say wow! to this great idea:arteest:

(sorry did just read above) ahh...u really think is tragic? i really like it, but i know a happier story can be cool..

this one has a lot of potential on my opinion. but do what your heart tells u...lol:):buttrock:

Climax
03-04-2006, 07:58 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1141502288_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1141502288_large.jpg)

I am Only 333 years old _told MAGUZ to BOGGY, I am tired of the enchanted lake and fishing every day, I want to become a Magician like my Uncle VARITO! YEAH! _Boggy said, This is our shot! why don't we go visit your Uncle and ask 'im to teach us how to!?
Maguz parents were disapointed _ a magician!!?? They said, but against their will, MAGUZ was decided to learn the arts of magic, also the fairy of the lake told him she had a vision in the waters of midnight that he would become the greatest magician ever, MAGUZ opened his eyes as big as a watermelon and an ear to ear smile drew in his face
But, _the fairy said_ it is a long Journey, you have to go throught the spooky Forest and defeat the red Oger before going over the mountains of courage and who knows how many other dangers will you have to go trhought.
adventure! MAGUZ said, Boggy and I can against everything, isn't it so BOGGY?, rememer that anoying talking fish of the bureaucrat river? YEAH, BOGGY said_ we sure gave a lesson to that idiot, we took his farts out, hahaha.
MAGUZ friends couldn't stop laughting on them went they knew where was that pair going to, HAHAHA, they said_ we told you not to live inside that hallucigenous mushroom, you'll be back when you get hungry! HAHAHAHA
but MAGUZ and BOGGY ignored them and so happily started their Journey to VARITO'S castle, a long way full of adventures that someday they would tell to their nepheus in front of a warm fireplace drinking a cool Mushroom beer!
:beer:

Climax
03-04-2006, 08:06 PM
THANK U FOR VISITING MY THREAD!

Please give your sincerous opinion, ( I personally like the MAGUZ and BOGGY story ) but I think Dr Sander's is not that bad too, anyway it would be nice to hear what u think

Thanks very much to U!

rattlesnake
03-04-2006, 08:11 PM
hahahaha!..nice story...have some cool story lines...

but i like more the first concept the tragic one...so..

1 vote for the first one:thumbsup:

antone-m
03-04-2006, 10:18 PM
for me I like the second idea but I give my vote to the first idea

Climax
03-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Antone and Rattlesnake:
Yeah...i have that feeling too, the second story is funny and colorfull, but I guess the first one has this dramatic smell I like, so, I appreciate your opinions, I'll go for the first one! :thumbsup:

Zapan
03-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Ahahah , very funny second story !
Could work really well ,

But I keep thinking that the first one could show an even more interesting approach of the subject ... So I'm glad you're going for the first concept ...

Can't wait to see polys here !

cheers ,

-Zapan

Agamemnwn
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Goodmorning Omar.
The first concept about Dr. Sanders its quite dramatic and it could work nice about its more about the nearing the end of a journey rather than a beginning .maybe if you change the time and set it when they are getting ready for departure for the destroyed base as dr.sanders has kneed down to let his daughter get up on the legbot and you see the destroyed base and the vastness of territory in front of them with the hazardous terrain.

The second one if more pleasant more funny and adventures and has also the unknown factor in it . what are they going to come across. But that doesnt matter . your characters are upp for it whatever that will be :D So its difficult to decide . i like the more dramatic scene but its more to the end and u can work of the characters expressions more and easier because of the circumstances instead of the Maguz and bobby concept

fgdf
03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
HI Omar I prefer te first concept. Let's play on jury's emotions :buttrock:

theuni
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Omar,

like the first one better, but don`t listen to me I`m a stupid Sifi Lover :)

Gunilla
03-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I think both storys and sketches are really good - but as the rest I vote for the first. You could get very strong dramatic feel for it plus it also seems to fit more your style - so good choice :thumbsup:

Climax
03-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Zapan
Lol, yeah, thanks buddy I appreciate your oppinion I think you are completelly right! :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
Thanks for such a good analysis, yep, I was planning to put the vehicle far behind the main characters, the destroyed station would appaer to close at any distance shown in the image and I like the fact that Dr sanders was suffering after walking for a really long time, yes, the story is not at the beggining, but i think it wouldn't be as dramatic as at this point...I'll see how it comes :)

the_fgdf
Yeah, It has a stronger meaning

theuni
hahaha, so am I

Gunilla
yeah, I feel the same, So it is settle...

Thanks everyone for taking your time to help me decide, I'll go for the first one, even the voting was unanimous :scream:

maxspider3000
03-05-2006, 06:52 PM
for me i like MAGUZ and BOGGY story ... but it's up to you ...
and i wanna said that ur drawing is so amazing so ...
have fun, omar :)

shakes
03-05-2006, 08:04 PM
really great sketching- interesting seeing two different styles-I think the first one would be very dramatic. hard to choose really!

makaron
03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I like the sweet story, the 2nd :p

but I know you make something grand of the 1st concept... :thumbsup:

mmoir
03-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey Omar,

Looks like you have decided on a storyline to your image. The sketch has a powerful look to the 2 characters faces, really like the childs blowing hair and the guys grimmacing face. :thumbsup:

Climax
03-06-2006, 09:48 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1141638500_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1141638500_large.jpg)

Well, today I started modelling Sanders head, I think the expression will work as it is now, maybe minor details to fix.
now it is a full 3dsmax model, but i will bring it to ZB to see how can i play with it, ears are not perfect, but what the hell!, maybe they wont be seen, this challenge i won't work in details that are not visible at the end I am in a hurry and that is very stressig :P
c&c are welcome.

Poonks
03-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey great start here :thumbsup:

Just i will say thats the ears are too flat for the moment...and the mouth a little too small

Great job so far keep it up

antone-m
03-06-2006, 10:18 AM
great model and expression yeah that`s how I imagined it :thumbsup: waiting for more

mmoir
03-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey Omar,

Sanders head model is looking pretty close to your sketch's expression , great job.:thumbsup: To me the head seems a little to wide across the eyes in the front view. I really think this guy fits your scene.

animato
03-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey omar ...didnt catch you before choosing the concept but nothing would change becouse I was also voting for the first one :thumbsup: . I like the first sketch more becouse of stronger emotions involved. Give it deep backrgound with some elements from you story and man great picture is comin ;).

animato
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
yeah and I forget ...the head is looking great and am waiting to see that legbot :D

Zapan
03-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Great start Omar ,

Really powerful personality in this one ! I agree about the previous crits , but somehow it doesn't disturb at all , adding a realy cool style ...

Keep it up mate ,

cheers ,

-Zapan

wesa
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Nice modell! Great start! Keep it up and good luck to ya!

BobbEr
03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey! Model looks very nice! Just like in your concept! Little crit is only about ear. Keep up the good work!

Agamemnwn
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
great modelling Omar . the head looks great and the expression is very fitting to the circumstances :D

shakes
03-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I like the eyes- he looks heroic and sympathetic..looking great!

Climax
03-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Poonks: Thanks! yeah, ears are a bit flat and not well modeled, but they wont really be seen, so i decided not to put too much effort in it cuz he will wear a kind of helmet and details would be useless, It is funny but if you turn eyebrowns like that the muscles of the mouth are limited and can not open so much, or at least i couldn't watching at the mirror :argh:

The Best: Thanks buddy! I appreciate your nice words!

mmoir: Thanks Mike! yeah it is a bit wide, i'll fix that! :wip:

animato: Thanks man! Also thanks for voting, I also liked the 2nd story, if i get the time, I will do it as well :D but not for the challenge :sad:, thanks for comments!

Zapan: Glad u like it Brouty! I hope I have time to model the body soon, thanks for keeping an eye in my thread!

Jonason: Thanks Jon, Happy to read such nice comments!

BobbEr: Thanks! yeah, those ears...I'll see that!

Agamemnwn: Thanks! More retouching when texturing will help too!

shakes: Thanks for nice comments shakes!

rattlesnake
03-06-2006, 08:13 PM
hey man..great to see your modeling session:bounce:...

man if youre thinking to move it later into zbrush maybe u can make smoother your mesh , i mean get rid of the details here like wrinkles and stuff , and bring a bit more simple mesh into zbrush, that way u can add all detailing there and have more chances to play with it..well just a thought..but if u bring it to zbrush as it is now im sure u can still do a great work on it...

man this is looking so cool..good luck on the next steps:buttrock:

Climax
03-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Thanks Jorge! That's the idea, he should have some wrinkles in forehead and eyes, I'll make them in ZB, but i will first model the entire body :thumbsup: I hope I havent forget how to :scream:

beelow
03-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Nice head model, Omar! I'll drop by later!:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Omar...my friend...i hope i am not late to join the party... :)

By the way i am very happy to see u are fully a 5D-er now...Good luck in your 2D entry aswell.. :bounce:

tilite
03-07-2006, 10:58 AM
i hope i am not late to join the party

ditto :) Can't wait to see this evolve

theuni
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi Omar,

nice modelling start... I like Doc Sanders relaxed face expression :D Just spoted that the area between nose wing and cheek looks a bit "hard folded". Do you plan to smooth it out in Zbrush? Oh, btw what computer hardware are u using... just thinking of taking such a detailed head into Zbrush... well with my pc you could cook your meals than :)

makaron
03-07-2006, 06:10 PM
me like :D

keetmun
03-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Dude I found u! It's great to see u in as usual. Unfortunately for me I can't join as I got some important deadlines to meet...:sad: Nice start to the head, really like the emotion u got going on there! Rock on buddy :buttrock:

Keet Mun

SuperXCM
03-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Hello Omar!!:bounce:

The first concept is my favorite!! Nice choice, and the modeling it's good so far, nice expression, i'm sure it will be an amazing final image, (like your story too).

Good luck and have fun my friend, i'm happy to see you here again!! :buttrock:

Let's go!!! :beer:

Climax
03-16-2006, 07:26 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1142493962_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1142493962_large.jpg)

Dr Sanders is 43 years old, He quit smoking 4 ago it was a stupid vice anyway, even so, a routing of 2 hours in the laboratory's gym wasn't enought to get him ready for this journey, also long hours in space had made his bones weak, not to mention the gravity of a smaller planet, even with the power of the Legbot people felt heavier on that hostile environment and the heat of the soil was the perfect final touch to make his a hell of a journey
Thanks for comming c&c are needed :D

asbassie
03-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I love this. It's got like a nice old-school comic look to it , by that I mean the modeling is excellent...Looking at the concept scetch I thought : Yeah, wouldn't it rock if this guy could capture that nice comic style in 3D. And so, it turns out, you did and exceeded my expectations. Hats off to you and i'd like to see more.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Sanders rocks..:)

antone-m
03-16-2006, 10:48 AM
cool updates
but I don`t know I always imagined his clothe to be bigger than this espicialley his helmet :shrug:

gpepper
03-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Your character is just great Omar ! Nice modeling ! :applause:

makaron
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
me like this a lot :) he really fits in to your "story" ...

Climax
03-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Asbassie
Thanks for such nice words pal, in fact I allways loved old comics from Marvel, Moebius, Enky Bilal and many others to mention, I guess is from there i got inspiration, comments like yours keep one going , thank u very much :)

Dimitris Liatsos
Thanks Dim, always cool to have your comments in my thread :thumbsup:

The Best
Thanks, yeah helmet in the sketch is a bit bigger, but when modeling I though it would be a bit unconfortable to wear, so i decided to fit it better on his head, also the Legbotr is still not modeled that would make him look more robust, But i've been thinking in use other kind of shot for the final, in the last challenge I put more attention on the girl and in the final she looks so insignificant, If it is nesesary I will sacrifice the Legbot just to see Sanders and his daugther expressions better :curious:

Gppeper
Thanks buddy! I am glad you find it pleasant, thanks for inspiring words! :love:

Makaron
Thanks Mona!, I've been a bit lazzy this days, If i dont get work to do this week i will continue with my 2 wips, I haven't started painting for my 2d :blush:, but i will, so, soon I'll be closer to you in the other side of this challenge hahaha, but i've seen you all over the challenge, that's nice! ;)

rattlesnake
03-16-2006, 07:15 PM
hey man..the modeling is going goooood! this man reminds me a book called "el ethernauta" maybe the style . but of course your character is much more detailed, and im sure that he will look even better once he got some extras like Legbot..that will really rock!:buttrock:

gogogo Omar.

shakes
03-16-2006, 08:41 PM
he looks awesome, again, really heroic. love the modelling.

FlaminGlow
03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
the idea is looking so cool, and the model looks cool too sorry i didn't find what i can add critique for you.. :scream:

ODoul
03-17-2006, 01:27 AM
This is going to be good. Nice work!

ChewyPixels
03-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Modeling is coming along nicely.

I think you should adjust the concept to reflect the beginning of a journey...no?? :shrug:

nemirc
03-17-2006, 04:28 AM
well well well, here we are again.
Too bad you won't be enjoying my company this time around :wise: No time for the challenge :cry:

*subscribe*

theuni
03-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey Climax,

great progress on Doc S. !!! He already got this pain expression in his face I wanted to see so badly :) Great work!!!

Zapan
03-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Omar !

Pretty awesome character , really nice details on his outfits !!
Just Keep up the great work mate !

cheers ,

-Steph

angel
03-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Hey Climax, solid background story in your piece, good luck buddy.

makaron
03-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Makaron
Thanks Mona!, I've been a bit lazzy this days, If i dont get work to do this week i will continue with my 2 wips, I haven't started painting for my 2d :blush:, but i will, so, soon I'll be closer to you in the other side of this challenge hahaha, but i've seen you all over the challenge, that's nice! ;)

haha... you know me... I´m all over the place... http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/019094%7E11.GIF
gotta keep up and see all this nice pictures progress.... looking forward to when you start with your 2D image... hope is gonna be soon... so don´t be lazy now Omar... get to work... :p haha..

Climax
03-18-2006, 10:55 PM
+ Rattlesnake Thanks Jorge! I have the Legbot almost complete, but after studing the composition I think i will have to exclude it from the scene, I will show it anyway when done, and you will see why. Thanks for Nice comments my good friend :thumbsup:

+ Shakes Thanks, soon I am going to start texturing, And hope to have the same comments :scream:

+ FlaminGlow Thanks for your encouraging words, that sure is a great help! :thumbsup:

+ 3D Explorer Hahaha, Lets hope so! :beer:

+ Jedi-Juice Yeah, you got a point there, although according to the story he is in fact in a journey, the image isn't speaking for itself, so, I have already a solution to make the image more explicit, thanks for great crit!

+ Nemirc well well well, here we are again.
Too bad you won't be enjoying my company this time around No time for the challenge
Hahaha, Well I hope u have a good reason for not joining us this time :beer: and I will be glad to have your commentaries anyway!

+ Theuni Vielen Danke fur solche verstarkene worten! :D I hope I said it Ok :P

+ Zapan thanks Brouty, well If you bring a couple of those pretty elfs you have in your thread, Then we'll have a hell of a party! :buttrock:...but hurry before I model Sander's daughther!

+ SNoWs Thanks Angel, I appreciate your time reading nice literature like my stories! :D

+ makaron Haha, yep! gotta put my hands to work now...well maybe after a short nap, or maybe after the movie :)....zzzzzz

Squibbit
03-19-2006, 09:24 AM
hey that's a pretty cool looking character, dude

theuni
03-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Guten Tag Climax :)

Your German really improves fast ;) Das war sehr gut...

sathe
03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi there, is there any chance i could see a wireframe. It will make it a bit easier to spot areas that might need fixing. Its looking great, although watchout for the extrusions along the bicep area of the arm. they maybe are a tad too sharp however i dont know if this was planned. :)
Good luck and keep us updated with wires please :D

Climax
03-19-2006, 03:37 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1142782653_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1142782653_large.jpg)

This is how the legbot should look like, but honestly I would like to focus in the characters expression, a full body in the image would minimize the feeling of it...or...well I'll make some tests after finishing at the final composition :D crits and comments are welcome. The LEGBOT is not entirely finished nor rigged i am posting this to figure out how it would look like, also the backpart is missing, I hope you find it interesting so far, Thanks!

Womball
03-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Really cool design! The boots look really heavy. Although that might be a good thing if its for underwater or space exploration.

Climax
03-19-2006, 03:51 PM
+ Squibbit Thanks buddy! I am glad you like it, textures will come soon, I appreciate your commentaries :thumbsup:

+ Theuni na ya! mein deuch is wirklich sehr slecht geborden, ich schreibe es nich viel, aber wen du mir verstehen kanst, than es ist gut genug oder? :scream:

+ Sathe Hi and thanks for comments Here (http://www.hondurasart.com/albums/album114/aab.jpg) you can see a wireframe of the torso as you see it is a fairly simple model not like your Quake Marine, Hey, I love Quake, but after playing online my selfstime went down, I am such a punching bag hahahahaha, but it would be great to play a party one of this days :thumbsup:

+ Womball Thanks! Legbot were designed to walk over heat surfaces, some kind of a protesis device to multiply normal legs strenght, it is used in extreme hostile environment, that's the idea :)

makaron
03-19-2006, 03:56 PM
good boy Omar... :applause: you been working I see.. you done some nice boots...

Womball
03-19-2006, 04:01 PM
My only crit on it is that, it corners are too sharp. It could use some more beveling I think and a few more details. It seems a bit too simple compared to the main character, but afterall its not part of his body. Ooh heated surfaces!?! Does that mean there is going to be heat effects.

CryingHorn
03-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow, wonderfull modeling man keep it up!

megabytes2004
03-19-2006, 05:26 PM
its a superb work!!! the details of the model are amazing. Im sure when the textures are added it will be an excelent piece of art!! Cant wait to see the whole thing. Nice work!!!
Good luck to all!!

Cheers!!!
megabytes2004

Zapan
03-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Wow , great boots !!

Really stylish ! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for more mate !

cheers ,

-Zapan

SuperXCM
03-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Nice work on the character Omar, looks great... waiting to see upadte for the legs...good luck!! :wip:

rattlesnake
03-19-2006, 07:32 PM
man i really like the leg bot...i think it fits very well with the character, really good test mate

Vedic-kings
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
This is looking great, I love the leg gears!

Keep it up!

shakes
03-19-2006, 09:11 PM
nice legs! meticulously modelled too.I'm wondering if they dominate him visually a bit too much..? because of the size,they seem to me to make him look a little less powerful. just a thought. great work.

antone-m
03-19-2006, 09:29 PM
now that`s how I imagined it keep rocking :wip:

nemirc
03-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Hahaha, Well I hope u have a good reason for not joining us this time :beer: and I will be glad to have your commentaries anyway!

Well, I am working on a short animation for a local competition (I have a little less than a month to finish) so that is taking most of my CG time right now. Besides I want to run a digital fashion show and that will keep me busy for amother month or so... There is no way I can finish a decent piece for the challenge in the remaining month :wip:

Selina42
03-20-2006, 01:28 AM
His facial expression really gets across his discomfort and im most impressed with your attention to detail! Looking forward to more!

Climax
03-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Womball Yeah, a bit beveled corners will be added on sharpen edges, More details will be added when texturing, and Heat effects u bet! ;):wip: thanks for crits!

Crying Horn Thanks :beer:

megabytes2004 Thanks pal! I'll do my best

Zapan Thanks and stay tuned :cool:

SuperXCM comming soon, maybe at the end of next week :wip:

rattlesnake Gracias Bro, si todo sale bien pronto voy a postear nuevos updates, uv unwraping va a ser como siempre un trabajo arduo, Alli nos vemos en el cibermundo :)

Vedic kings Thanks for encouraging words!

Shakes Yeah, I mentioned before, so I am in the dilemma of showing him in a full body picture, also the girl on his back would seem not so impacting, thanks for pointing that!

The Best Thanks! glad to hear that!

Nemirc Good for you, lot of work means good things are happening, It's a shame u can't come in, but i guess u are in other kind of challenge isn'it? so I wish u luck in your personal projects and lots of fun in the progress of it! :beer:

Selina42 Thanks for great comments I am glad you like it so far!

Stefan-Morrell
03-20-2006, 03:21 AM
man those legs are awesome..looking forward to seeing thm textured

Sneakybunny
03-20-2006, 04:23 AM
yeah thats some BAD ASS pair of pants
:buttrock: i'll be waiting for the textures
From The Huffer

coochaki
03-20-2006, 05:11 AM
really great work :thumbsup:
nice details.
looking for more man , good luck... .. .

EL1230
03-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Gracias por la critica constructiva, el modelo suyo también se ve muy bueno

asbassie
03-20-2006, 08:07 AM
FRIKIN AWESOME! I love the update on the model, totally out of this world, I mean, "Off da Planet yo!" More of that quality work should be seen more often, so when can we expect the mapping?

ThierryS
03-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi Climax, wow, nice modeling! Superb work going on in this thread. I subscribe and will follow your work:thumbsup: . Keep posting!

theuni
03-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey Omar,

you now that song: These boots are made for walking... ;)
Really nice artwork on these mech parts :bowdown:
What are those round cushions meant for?

...great work... ... keep going!!!

Agamemnwn
03-21-2006, 10:32 AM
great looking character Omar :D and the start of the leg bot is really nice but i have one suggestion about them . u need to add some seams on them to show how the character can put the legbot on makes it more reallistic and differentiates it from looking like a cyborg.

a-papantoniou
03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Very nice going. The modeling is lovely!

nemirc
03-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Nemirc Good for you, lot of work means good things are happening, It's a shame u can't come in, but i guess u are in other kind of challenge isn'it? so I wish u luck in your personal projects and lots of fun in the progress of it! :beer:

That's why I can't complain :cry:
Anyway, since the contest is a local thing, I can get more exposure down here :deal: (which is something I somewhat lack right now :rolleyes: )

polygonwarrior
03-22-2006, 06:31 PM
cool model my friend:bounce:

Climax
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Stefan-Morrell, no1gashuffer, coochaki, eduardo lobo, asbassie, thierry2005, a-papantoniou, CUBISIS
Thank u very much guys for great support :thumbsup:
theuni maybe to sintonize great radio stations hahahaha, just kidding, well they might be for carring small tools or samples when exploring :shrug:
Agamemnwn Good point my friend, in fact I was affraid somebody would ask me that question :twisted: hahahaha, well yeah, some seams will do :D

keetmun
03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey mate everything's looking really good so far! Not much crits to add, just wanna say I really like the facial expression going on right now, really promising!

Can't wait to see your final again!
Keet Mun:buttrock:

Climax
04-06-2006, 03:23 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1144290232_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1144290232_large.jpg)

Hi all! summer hollidays are about to come in my country, so I decided to give sanders a break taking'im to the beach, but it seems he still has that stress :D, only the head is texturized at this point, I put a specular channel to try to emulate sweat, scanline render one light just to test it out, your oppinions atre very important, see u!

rattlesnake
04-06-2006, 04:12 AM
oh yeah..thats great cant believe is scanline render i thougth it was mental ray...i think color is very good on this man..and sweat effect is going ok..are u going to add some drops?

result is looking very good mate..:bounce:

antone-m
04-06-2006, 08:41 AM
nice colors omar lucky him he is in the beach lol

raghavendraachari
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Hello friend u render look amazing
very good model and expression

wish u good luck
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=338776 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=338776)

theuni
04-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey pal,

yep your sweat texture already looks nice... maybe you want to add some drops to get a stronger feeling... and maybe your Doc already starts to sweat blood? Well as I can remember your story he`s almost at the end of his powers...

Climax
04-15-2006, 11:08 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145095735_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145095735_large.jpg)

Hi there, I've been ausent from the challenge pages, but working as you can see, Mr Sanders is already fully textured and now he is also Rigged!, the legbot also finished, he looks more like a soldier by the green color of the LB, but I kind of like it :D, Lya is also 90% finished, I will post her when the time comes.
I made this render and added some post effects in PS just to show the mood of the scene, a gun will also be added in Dr Sanders' left hand, gotta model it first, c&c are welcome, and Thanks for comming!

coochaki
04-15-2006, 12:02 PM
great work man!
looking forward... .. .

shakes
04-15-2006, 01:08 PM
hey Omar, he looks fantasic..good textures, and the modelling is nicely balanced now with his robo legs..well done

makaron
04-15-2006, 01:30 PM
well done... :bounce:

bkeiser3d
04-15-2006, 05:08 PM
This is looking really nice, i would like to see you U.V. map or what ever you are using to texture the models with, maybe a screen shot?

burpy
04-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I like your character (and the lighting) for just the test shot! The final shot should look awesome. Waiting for updates..!:)

Climax
04-15-2006, 07:15 PM
coochaki
Thanks pal! soon i will post more updates
shakes
Thanks buddy, :blush: I am glad you like the progress :beer:
makaron
Thanks baby! ;)
bkeiser3d
Thanks pal, well I work uv's in a very painfull way looking for the best projection and then unwraping overlaped faces manually point by point to make a comprehensive mesh to export to Photoshop, wich i find confortable to create layers of texture and experiment with colors, even only the face in this model was painted within Zbrush but I also made retouches in PS to create a specular and bump maps, i used pelt mapping in max wich is great to unfold this kind of shapes, if you are really interested in seeing the uv unwrap beyond this short explanation i will make a picture showing the process for you, :D I am just a bit lazy to do it now :blush:
burpy
Stick around and bring your friends!....updates will come soon :wip:

Thanks to everyone for encouraging comments and crits :beer:

scootermaya
04-15-2006, 07:16 PM
I can't beleive I missed so much ! I'm sooooooooory !

Regardless, I love you composition. incredible mood and the model looks great in this pose.
since you've gone so far in the texturing, I may suggest a litle durt an some scrachtes on the boots, no ? It looks very clean on the laps to me.

Good job man :thumbsup:

EL1230
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
excelente amigo, siga adelante, la iluminación muy buena y la texturización tambíen, falta el otro modelo no?

Tremoside
04-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Hello Omar,

Nice piece you have mate! Cool texturework too! I feel the backround empty a bit, but as you going forward with your project i think that will be solved. Just keep WIPpin' :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
04-16-2006, 03:24 AM
oh man..i missed this last update but looks very cool posed and textured..i also like the light a lot it gives a great feeling!..youre rocking friend!

angel
04-16-2006, 03:31 AM
looking good!, my only suggestions are that the right elbow lacks definition... rubber hose syndrome ;) I don't think you are finished yet but I thought to mention it anyway... the face has too much specular. Keep going!

antone-m
04-16-2006, 04:45 AM
hey dude I hate when I miss an update hope that u forgive me for that

u are making great art here keep going dude

Gunilla
04-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Oh - I've missed alot since I last visit - great updates!
The render is looking great, scanline you say? Wow!
The texturing and expression for his face is really good, sweat works fine I think. Maybe add som wrinkles to make him look a bit older? That could help making his expression even stronger.
great work :thumbsup:

Womgoose
04-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Erm I missed all of this also - maybe somebody is hiding your post when you close your eyes ;)
The work you have done so far is really just :eek::drool::eek:
I think you should covert him to an Unreal model after the competition ;) (although I have a sneaky feeling the poly count isn't game friendly lol)

Climax
04-16-2006, 05:46 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145205992_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145205992_large.jpg)

Lya is still a wip, skinning is hard after you spend a while trying to fix an area, but if you turn the model you see a mess, texturing is very simple since she will be on Dr Sanders Back.
Same as her father some little deformation issues easy to fix. she should be about 6 years old, C&C are welcome

raultabajara
04-16-2006, 06:39 PM
nice character concepts!
(I dont like of the sea. I like desert more)

:)

antone-m
04-16-2006, 06:52 PM
cool updates mate keep rocking

glenn23
04-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This looks great as a standalone! Even the text works in there nicely. Cool volumetrics too!

M477
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice render, the lighting looks great! :cool:

Climax
04-17-2006, 07:21 AM
scootermaya
Thanks pal, I'll see about the scratches, U are welcome at any time to this thread!
eduardo lobo
Gracias Lobo, ojala la final reciba esas criticas
Tremoside
Thanks friend, yeah, background is empty, i will model a vehicle and also some rocks, this is only a test
rattlesnake
Gracias Jorge! tu tambien estas haciendo un excelente trabajo :thumbsup:
SNoWs
Thanks! yeah, those elbows, just when we asume things done allways come this deformation issues, but thanks to max8 now is a piece of cake to fix that!
thebest
Hahaha, u don't need my forgiveness u are always at the right time :thumbsup:
Gunilla
Don't worry you haven't lose much in this thread, i haden't been doing many updates until now, thanks for beeing here!
Womgoose
Hahaha, thanks!...an Unreal model...yeah i don't think poligons would make any diference...I always get fragged in few seconds :D
raultabajara
Thanks Amigo, the desert and sea were just funky render, glad u like it so far
thebest
Thanks again dude!
glenn23
Thanks Glen, I am glad you like it!
M477
Thanks buddy, i still have no clue for the final illumination but your words tell me I am in good direction!

Thanks to everybody for nice words and critics! :beer:

rattlesnake
04-17-2006, 07:33 AM
hey friend..cloth texturing is looking ok to me...i like this character..but shes going to be over her dads shoulders right?

good work:thumbsup:

theuni
04-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi pal,

fantastic and outstanding work! Nice progress, you were working secretly and telling us you took some days off :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Both your last updates are sweet Omar. I like little girl very much especially 'cuase she sure looks very young and has that expression. Good presentation too ! :bounce:

Have fun my friend.

Climax
04-17-2006, 08:23 PM
rattlesnake
Thanks Jorge, yep, she will be on his back, like a back bag:)
theuni
hahaha, well... SURPRISE :beer:
DimitrisLiatsos
Thanks Dim, glad u like it ;)

Climax
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145868492_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145868492_large.jpg)

I decided to introduce the scape vehicle for the background, based on Batman's but much more simple, it is not high detailed, but i think it will work in the back plane, when preparing this image for posting i realizad that the lights are a bit unaligned, easy to fix, I hope you like it and thx for visiting!

rattlesnake
04-24-2006, 09:51 AM
wow man! that car modeling simply rocks! i love it, u achieved a great result..i think lights fit perfect on the car mate..cant wait to see it with textures:buttrock:

coochaki
04-24-2006, 09:55 AM
nice modeling !

design looks coool!

i agree with you there is no need to make more details if it will work in the back plane,
but this want good posting!
looking for more!
keep going---->... .. .

gpepper
04-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Excellent modeling Omar ! this will be a great vehicule, enough to be behind the whole characters...

scootermaya
04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Bellissima !:applause: I can go for a ride on this baby ! Magnifico vehiculo ! muy gwapa la coche !:bounce:

Climax
04-24-2006, 07:18 PM
rattlesnake
Thanks Jorge, i can't wait to see it textured too!
coochaki
thanks pal!, glad u like it!
gpepper
Merci Pfeifer! I hope everything results good when texturing
scootermaya
Gracias amigo! you can have a ride whenever you want as long you bring your fairy with! :D

antone-m
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
cool vehicle dude sorry for being late

cgoz
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
great detail, what's the top speed :)) looking for textures

shakes
04-24-2006, 10:19 PM
top job on the car, Omar..lovely modelling. looks pretty detailed to my eyes!

SONIC-X
04-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Cool looking vehicle dude.It will look nice in the background.

Climax
04-25-2006, 09:26 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145953576_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145953576_large.jpg)

Well, this is the car, I must say I am happy with the result, even got a sponsor for tires :D, there are some modeling and texture little issues but I think is ok as it is, in fact I am considering puting it not so far in the back plane for better apreciation, I hope you like it as I do, C&C are welcome

Climax
04-25-2006, 09:33 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145953978_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145953978_large.jpg)

Top view...

Climax
04-25-2006, 09:37 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145954261_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145954261_large.jpg)

the texture of the left door is inverted due of mirroring from the other one, but if in the final image is not noticeable i'll leave it that way, I am such a lazy man :D

Climax
04-25-2006, 09:45 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145954706_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145954706_large.jpg)

One more....well you know?..."life is Short...Render More"

Climax
04-25-2006, 09:49 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145954972_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1145954972_large.jpg)

...And this one, I hope you liked the "slideshow" I was thinking in posting this image in the finished artwork gallery...but I don't know if it is forbiden during the challenge, anyway,Thanks for droping by :beer:

rattlesnake
04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
wow man!!..texturing is really good..and this last two renders are freaking amazing...can i use the last one as wallpaper?...very good work friend:thumbsup:

Versiden
04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
personally, I think it's a little too similar to the batman tumbler vehicle. While you mentioned that your main source of inspiration was from the film, I think many people looking at this particular model with fresh eyes will say that's the batmobile.

It's a great model, and texturing work is solid too, im not critising that. I just feel the design should be re-looked.

gpepper
04-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Excellent ! great image ! :thumbsup:

Texturing job is really nice !
I don't think it is forbidden to post in the 3D finished work section, but if you can I vote for 5 stars !

SONIC-X
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Realy nice texturing and renders.

centurionit
04-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow..Nice car texturing, brilliant the motion blur effect too..keep it on...Only one question:who will drive the car?
I understood there were only the man and the girl....Let me know I'm cucious...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330707

cgoz
04-25-2006, 11:45 AM
wow that's wild...cool texturing

antone-m
04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
very cool modeling and texturing dude u rock:buttrock: "I have feeling that u used batman`s car as a ref am I right??:rolleyes: lol "

Climax
04-26-2006, 01:45 AM
rattlesnake
Thanks Jorge, of course, it will be an honour for me to decorate your desktop :cool:
Versiden
I understand, I also like to invent my stuff, in fact this is the first time I use a reference to recreate something like that, and I agree it looks very much alike the batmobile, that was my intention, but if you compare them you'll see the diferences, even if it were the same, the modeling should be a merit itself, It is no absence of creativity, it is REcreation, at least that is my point of view, if the jury decides that I am plaging it would be a shame for me, but i would mantain my position, besides, honestly the main and only reasons for me to participate is the mere fact of doing what I love to do.
Thanks for your comments Martin it is a good point and I am happy you touch it :thumbsup:
gpepper
thanks pfeifer i really appreciate your support
SONIC-X
Thanks SONICX I like your vehicle too, hope to see it finished soon! :wip:
centurionit
Thanks, according to the story it will be Dr. Sanders who will drive it until it runs out of gas, after that he must walk carring his daughter, here is where his journey really beggins going trough the hostile land to reach the main station of AVALON before is too late
cgoz
Thanks pal! I am glad u like it
thebest
hahah, thanks, yeah, it was my inspiration :love:

makaron
04-26-2006, 06:11 AM
*wrooom* and *wipe the sand out of my eyes*... :scream:

those last updates make me feel like I´m a viewer at a race in the dessert... the light is really good and the car is great... get a feel for speed now... :bounce: *wrooom*

shakes
04-26-2006, 08:59 AM
great renders and textures, Omar!

scootermaya
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
WWWhhhooooooo maaaaannnn !!! Great pictures ! Love the texturing :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup: :drool: ! Watch for the windows not to be to reflecting though !

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Yes...the car and it's renders are just great..i particularly like te last which shows it in motion...:bounce:

nemirc
04-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Too bad I can't come around very often :( (busy, busy, busy :banghead: ).
Anyway, I really dig your progress. That little girl is lovely :D

Keep it up ;)

Climax
04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Makaron
Thanks Mona, make your bet the race is on :scream:
Shakes
Thanks Shakes, glad u like it:thumbsup:
scootermaya
thanks pal, windows just have a 2o% opacity material
DimitrisLiatsos
thanks Dim, ;)
nemirc
thanks for visiting Sergio, how are your projects going?

mdavid
04-28-2006, 05:51 AM
The car makes a fantastic image. Very impressive stuff and a great sense of movement too. I notice the dirt/dust thrown up behind it is not blurred as much as the ground nearby. Is that because it's being carried along in the wind behind the vehicle? I'm wondering if it should be a bit more blurred. Superb work

sonicstrawbery
04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Woot ! Such a cool shading and render, i love it all the way, i'm looking forward :thumbsup:

FreakyDude
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
you know to be honest, as cool as this render may be, I fail to see a journey in here. Isn't it sliding from the original inention a bit? This seems more like something for the fx race challenge right now. Not trying to sound to negative, but I'm tired as hell, I visit cgtalk before I tuck in, see some cool pictures, click some, see a cool picture of a cool car, check what it's about> a journey, Metinks, yeah right... that was my first impression. isn't a first impression the one that says most about what feeling an image gives you? It's a cool car, give it a different view, like racing into the sunset maybe, or into the rising sun, to get more of a journey feeeling to it.
goodnight dude.

melkao
04-28-2006, 11:38 PM
WOW....is a great model...but the thing tha i like more than rest is the texturing...what a wonderful work!:thumbsup:

i'll keep my eye on this one

Climax
04-29-2006, 02:24 AM
mdavid
Thanks pal! yeah maybe more blurred dust would have been more natural, though the render of the car is just to show the model finished, in the final image it will be static
cipher
Thanks dude, updates will come soon!
FreakyDude
yeah, you are right, but the car will be only an element in the final image, it will be in the background, and the focus of the picture will be on the characters, wich have to leave and continue on foot through the long way to salvation
melkao
thanks! I am glad u like it, you are welcome to my thread

Thanks everybody :beer:

speter
04-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Wow man! :eek: This car is amazing! very cool!:bowdown:
I think that you should use more attrition on the front of the car.. not just on the edges (or less on the edges, for the sake of balance). And the dazzle lamps are too clean. But it's just my opinion... and these things are none important :)
so anyway! It's very cool stuff! :thumbsup: Just keep it on! I'm looking forward your next update!
Good Luck!

nemirc
04-30-2006, 10:19 PM
nemirc
thanks for visiting Sergio, how are your projects going?

Short film is finished. Right now working on a new demo and a new short film :D ...
Still working on the prep for the rest of stuff I have plans for, though :p

Climax
05-02-2006, 03:35 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146537339_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146537339_large.jpg)

Just created the far mountains for the horizon, it is just a displacement map painted in Photoshop, pretty simple, then aplied a falloff texture with some procedural layers and rendered with a bit of fog to emulate distance, a road is there, but it is not very clear because of the perspective.
The lower image is just a composite with a gradient for the sky, and some vapor columns painted by hand to increase the feeling of heat.
I am almost done,the sky is also ready, I will post the final image soon, I need time to complete also my 2D entry.
Thanks for comming, c&C are welcome ;)

Lemog
05-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Hello Omar... I read yesterday your thread but no time to write something... I can post to repare that today.

In first, congratulations for your progress... it's really visible, especially with the characters... strong and sensitive in the same time...

I appreciate a lot your vehicle... insane work of texturing, really impressive... much of nice touches :thumbsup:

Best wishes to you for the final line before the end, I'm sure that will be an interesting piece so far... seeya mate :wavey:

mdavid
05-02-2006, 12:49 PM
That background looks beautifully alien and hostile

antone-m
05-02-2006, 05:37 PM
cool update
was thining that it should look something that belong to red or have some lava on the surface u know something like that

Climax
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Lemog
Glad to have u here My friend! I appreciate your kind words but most of all: your visit, thanks for taking your time cheking my thread.
So, how were your vacations? I hope everithing is Ok with your Job now and that you can find the time to finish your challenge, :bounce:, well pal, I'll see you around!

mdavid
Thanks David, I am glad you like it, I hope to get the same critics with the final :D

The Best
Hi Antone, you are right, the lava is comming in the first plane, this are the far mountains, I wanted some crackelatures on the ground but due to the perspective they wouldn't be seen, I wanted some "RIDDICK" feeling, but a bit diferent for the environment, even more lava, but when deciding the final pose and camera shot they would be just details, so, I hope you like the final image wich is already done, I haven't posted yet 'cause I want to make some tests before showing the definitive, thanks vor the visit pal :beer:

antone-m
05-02-2006, 09:18 PM
The Best
Hi Antone, you are right, the lava is comming in the first plane, this are the far mountains, I wanted some crackelatures on the ground but due to the perspective they wouldn't be seen, I wanted some "RIDDICK" feeling, but a bit diferent for the environment, even more lava, but when deciding the final pose and camera shot they would be just details, so, I hope you like the final image wich is already done, I haven't posted yet 'cause I want to make some tests before showing the definitive, thanks vor the visit pal :beer:
I`am sure I will like it dude waiting for it :beer:

makaron
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I like that background... and waiting for the final... :wip:

so you can get on with the flying 2D on the right side... :p

mmoir
05-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey Omar,

Long time no see, Wow you have done some great modeling here. The vehicles are awesome:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and your characters are looking great too. Good luck the rest of the way.

Climax
05-03-2006, 03:31 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146623472_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146623472_large.jpg)

Ok Guys, Lya, behind your father...Remember we are gonna use this pose for the turntable...Dr Sanders, more expression on your face...Ok, whatever...Didn't you shave yourself this morning?? ( Damn, this models! ) ok...Lights...Camera...and...

rattlesnake
05-03-2006, 04:48 AM
Hey man...this photo looks very good, i really like the details n your texturing bro! and of course the modeling is great...Dr. Sanders expression is very cool too man:arteest:

coochaki
05-03-2006, 05:18 AM
nice update!

really great characters!

keep going---+>... .. .

oceanbluesky
05-03-2006, 05:25 AM
Wow Omar! This is really good work...very much like the expression on their faces and your little girl's pose. (Too bad there's a gun, but, I guess the world isn't perfect....) Look forward to seeing more! --And your final 2D entry, too. Good luck

antone-m
05-03-2006, 05:26 AM
everything is great but I don`t know why I don`t like the gun :shrug: and the little girl she shouldn`t
be sad u know she doesn`t know the danger they are going for ...........hmmm u know it`s just my head lol

makaron
05-03-2006, 06:14 AM
don´t shave Dr Sanders, I like that, makes him rough and tough... ;) one thing is the gun, that I would like to see with a bit more dirty and used look on... like the rest of the gear he have... otherwise I think this is just :thumbsup:

Climax
05-03-2006, 06:33 AM
rattlesnake
Thanks my friend, That is fuel to continue moving :thumbsup:
coochaki
Thanks pal, Great to hear such nice words!
oceanbluesky
hahaha, yeah, that gun...I also don't like its presence, but I thought it would be better than an I-pod :D
thebest
:scream: hahahaha, yes, I really modeled it as simple and fast as I could, in one single hour it was created and texturized only with procedurals, I agree it looks ugly, but i put most of its details just to be showed from an specific point of view....and this is not it :D in the final doesn't look that bad
makaron
aha, that's the kind of comments Dr Sanders like to hear from a pretty lady, about the gun, well, you'll see it better in the final image

Lemog
05-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Result very impressive for your turntable... The only crits could be only minor... as the fingers of the both... but certainly not very visible in the final framing... just keep going Omar :thumbsup:

Climax
05-03-2006, 08:39 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146641981_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146641981_large.jpg)

This is how the layers are composed for the final image, the list describes what is each layer according to the number, if you want a better appreciation of this composition you can check the video to wich this link is referred:

Clik here to watch COMPOSITION VIDEO (http://www.hondurasart.com/albums/album124/aaa.mov)

I hope you like the presentation, thanks for comming! :)

simovici
05-03-2006, 08:52 AM
impressive concept. I like it.:thumbsup:

oceanbluesky
05-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Wow! This looks great! I'm very into the way you've layed out the comp layers in such an easy to understand and instructive manner. Very helpful -- and, beautiful in your posted movie. Really like the concept too. --And glad he isn't carrying an iPod.

Good luck!

alvin-cgi
05-03-2006, 04:05 PM
wow, interesting... really like the way you compose the final image... will watch the video...:thumbsup:

The Journey Begins (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322760&highlight=alvin)
Spectacular 3D (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275950&highlight=alvin)

EL1230
05-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Gracias amigo por su apoyo, su composición esta quedando realmente espectacular!, suerte!

Climax
05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Lemog
Thanks Lemog, yeah there is something in there, I'll fix that anyway:thumbsup:
simovici
Glad you like it pal!
oceanbluesky
Thanks Ocean, composition is very simple, I am happy you liked the video:thumbsup:
alvin_cgi
Thanks Alvin, When you watch the video, you will see it is very simple :)
eduardo lobo
Gracias a Ud. por su visita y gratos comentarios :beer:

rattlesnake
05-03-2006, 09:09 PM
hey friend..wow the video of compositing is really amazing!! and your image is very cool too, you did an exellent work here man...ill be here waiting the final..:bounce:

antone-m
05-03-2006, 09:59 PM
cool work omar keep going :thumbsup:

Gunilla
05-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Hey - very clever setup for the comp, it looks great! And I really appreciate the video - very good :thumbsup:

melkao
05-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Now i can see the general composition...and looks great...that last update is very clear to show the idea......:eek:

coochaki
05-04-2006, 06:04 PM
wow...:buttrock:

great work!
nice pose for your characters & nice compositing too!
hey man; keep going ---=>... .. . , i really like your work!:wip: :cool:
.... .. .

Climax
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146772824_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/13/9579/9579_1146772824_large.jpg)

After the attack to the GALILEA Research Facility, The only survivors: Dr Sanders and his daugther Lya had to escape, they must get The AVALON main Station before the invaders, the only functioning vehicle was used to help the trip, unfortunetly, it wasn't made to run over the "hot Mountains" They had first to ride over the "HADES" what others call "The ocean of Sand" now, the vehicle can no longer help in their desperate scape, This is where The Journey really begins, going through the Hot Mountains, is a long way dangerous and sofocating, they say nobody could survive walking over that place, But there is no choice, fortunetly Sanders will use a LEGBOT, a robotic prosthesis designed to increase the power of normal leg to walk over extremely hot surfaces, but Legbots where also designed for reatively short distances after that it could be a painfull and risky task, Only one thing can help them now....Hope.

It has been a pleasure to participate one more time among lots of great artist and good friends, I am very happy to have completed my journey and I hope we can meet each others one more time in a new Challenge, I appreciate your great support and all the fun & learning we've had until now, I can relax a bit now, but also have to finish my 2D Journey, Thanks to everybody for have followed my thread.
Cheers guys!

Try
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Congratulations! Excellent Job!! :thumbsup:
Wish it was me that could lay this project to rest so early!:)
Love the composition video.
Good luck with the judging!

glenn23
05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Congrats! It all came together perfectly! Form follows function. The legbots make perfect sense now.

Good job!

gpepper
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Already finished ?
I have to hurry up !

All the elements are just great, but the final image make me feel strange...
Probably too CG.
Maybe you can work again ? I don't know...
Anyway, I told you this as a friend and all the work you have done is great ! The modeling of your characters, texturing, The great car !
You have done this challenge ! finished it !
I hope to see U soon ! Maybe on the next challenge ?

makaron
05-04-2006, 09:59 PM
well done...:applause: you have a nice picture here Dr Sanders... ops! I mean Omar... :bounce:

Climax
05-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Special Thanks to:

thebest
Antone Magdy (Tony)

rattlesnake
Jorge Lescale

Agamemnwn
Jannis Bardis

beelow
Bryce Smith

maxspider3000
Yusuf Eltelpany

makaron
Mona Eriksson

Zapan
Stéphane Brouty

gpepper
Gilles Pfeiffer

arturro
Artur Malczyk

Gunilla
Gunilla Elam

Versiden
Martin Sen

sergioKomic
Kotsovoulos Sergio

monsitj
Monsit Jangariyawong

3dRaven
Gregory Werner

Virtuoso
Michael Madic

mmoir
Mike Moir

Bikod
Egbert Tjong

yunisirees
Hamid Ibrahim

theuni
Stephan Theunissen

Poonks
Lavanche Cédric

cipher
Sebastien Durand

Claireabella
Claire Duval

BobbEr
Roman

alvin_cgi
alvincgi

vfxluc
ucian bursuc

fgdf
Bartosz Bialek

shakes
John Shakespeare

animato

Jonason
Andreas Jonason

DimitrisLiatsos
Dimitris Liatsos

tilite
Tommy Frauenfelder

keetmun
Wong Keet Mun

SuperXCM
Lombardo Simone

asbassie
Juan Jacques du Preez

FlaminGlow
Mohammed Al-Yousef

3D_Explorer
Raymond O'Doul

Jedi-Juice
Jesus Bibian Jr

nemirc
Sergio Arístides Rosa

SNoWs
Angel Nieves

Squibbit
Panu Uomala

Sathe
Grant Warwick

Womball
Nathan S or NDS

CryingHorn
Andrius Balciunas

megabytes2004
Dennis Alba

Vedic-kings
Josh McGraw

Selina42
Selina Moore

Stefan-Morrell
Stefan Morrell

no1gashuffer
Jason Bell

coochaki
Mohammad Coochaki

eduardo lobo
José Eduardo Lobo

thierry2005
Thierry Schiel

a-papantoniou
Antonis Papantoniou

CUBISIS
Rishikesh Nandlaskar

raghavendraachari
G Raghavendra achari

bkeiser3d
Brian Keiser

burpy
Michael Burburan

scootermaya
Michel Cavro

Tremoside
Mark Endre Seljan

Womgoose
Lee Niven

raultabajara
Raul Tabajara Vidigal Leitão Neto

glenn23
Glenn Dean

M477
Matt Jones

cgoz
Ozan Çivit

SONIC-X
CORRIE ENGELBRECHT

centurionit
Mauro Bonelli

mdavid
Mark David

melkao
Carlos Eduardo

speter
Peter Seljan

Lemog
laurent antoine lemog

oceanbluesky
Eric

simovici
simovici florian

Try
Per Trystad

And all the nice people who came visit my thread, now i finished and will have the time to visit all threads I can

Climax
Omar Carias

Climax
05-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Try
Thanks pal, I can now drink a beer and have some sleep :D
glenn23
Thanks for kind word my friend :)
gpepper
I appreciate your comment my friend, I feel this is how I imagined from the begining, yeah, maybe too CG, I don't know if I will work any further in this, I'll relax some days and look the image again, if I feel like I could improve something, I'll play a bit more :shrug:
makaron
Special thanks to you nice one! I appreaciate your support and I 'll be glad to share another challenge together..ops, wait...I have to finish my 2D...hahaha, Well I'll see you there! ;)

coochaki
05-04-2006, 11:57 PM
great work man!:scream:

best of luck to you!

shakes
05-05-2006, 12:19 AM
gosh, I missed the last few updates, and here it is, finished! looks fantastic Omar, and you captured the hero thing perfectly. love his bot textures! great work, and it's been fun watching it evolve. good luck!

alvin-cgi
05-05-2006, 12:23 AM
well done man!:scream: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Journey Begins (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322760&highlight=alvin)
Spectacular 3D (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275950&highlight=alvin)

Abaddon
05-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Wow, great work! And fast too.
Something that lept out at me looked at it though is that the lighting seems strange. The characters seem too well lit, and the light source is directly behind them yet seems to be coming from the right. Some dark dramatic shadows might add to it some.
Congrats on your work. I want to know if they make it..... :eek:

mdavid
05-05-2006, 04:31 AM
I love it. Bravo!! It's a fantastic image. Very heroic pose and the scene has a lot of drama. Good luck

antone-m
05-05-2006, 04:42 AM
yeah man yeah u did it u rock congrats dude :thumbsup:

EL1230
05-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Muy buena la composición y las texturas,le deseo suerte!

Zapan
05-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Already done ! :surprised

Damn ! you made a marvelous one once again , well lead from the beginning until the end !
I missed the last steps of your progress , but I'm just drooling in front of the result !

You rockin' artist , Big congrats my friend , wish you all the best with that one !
And also looking for your 2d one too !

cheers , and CONGRATULATIONS again

-Zapan

gpepper
05-05-2006, 08:40 AM
gpepper[/b]
I appreciate your comment my friend, I feel this is how I imagined from the begining, yeah, maybe too CG, I don't know if I will work any further in this, I'll relax some days and look the image again, if I feel like I could improve something, I'll play a bit more :shrug:

You don't have to care about what I said, this is a personnal feeling. I find your entry really great ! You are right, having some relax moment is one thing that I would like to have ! But I think I will work on my entry until the last day ! 20 days to wait again !
See ya Omar and have fun ! ;)

Gunilla
05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
You've finished already!
Congrats, again an excellent piece from you - good luck with the 2d :thumbsup:

InTerceptoV
05-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Greaet image. Nothing else to say. I suppose it is great feeling to have nearly finished image. Well good luck.

Versiden
05-05-2006, 11:35 AM
hey dude

you've finished already with lots of time to spare! congrats on the final!
probably the only thing i would tweak is the girl's hair, quick fix in photoshop.. maybe add a few extra stray strands.
Otherwise, great thread to follow.. goodluck

mmoir
05-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey Omar,

Hey you finished your image , you're making me look bad being done so early.:) Your image is really well done, the characters really work well together and you did an excellent job on modelling them.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: . The vehicle is excellent as well , also ,I do like the desolate feel of the background it lends to the storyline of your image . Congrats on finishing with such a strong image.

Lemog
05-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Really mate... you can be proud of you... especially strong and beautiful result... a masterpiece... I really like, a good blend between sensitive and force... and you finish even early... great :thumbsup:

Best of luck for the ultimate step of judging... :applause: :bowdown:

vincent1
05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Well executed piece, technically. Only thing I would like to point out is that the picture is too sharp. It is lacking in "aerial perspective" (i.e. fuzziness and blurring caused by air particles and light conditions over distance); if you read the guidelines, it is highly suggested by the organisers that you include this in entries.

Crit my journey:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3517526#post3517526

MT-Cup
05-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Congratulations! It's every bit as impressive as we knew it would be from the concept sketches. :thumbsup:

Stefan-Morrell
05-05-2006, 05:48 PM
:cry: :banghead: :bowdown:

it's..beautiful..fits the theme to a T,looks great..awesome textures & details on that guys suit too

Congrats :)

Stefan

Climax
05-05-2006, 07:05 PM
coochaky
Thanks my friend, I feel some kind released this time :)
Shakes
Thanks Shakes, It has been a pleasure to have your C&C as well, the party isn't finished yet, it is just me who got drunk already...but after some rest I'll stay visiting all of you :beer:
alvin_cgi
Thanks Alvin, It's been nice to have you in my thread
Abaddon
Good point in lights, I tested the models against the sun wich is actually a real light in the scene, i liked in dark, but many details were also lost, then i thought they have in front of them lava and all that stuff, so, i put an orange wall in front to create a bounce of light, but they seemed too red, so I decided to increase the key light a bit more and decrease a bit the orange bounce, yeah, the result is like everything was set up for a photograph, but it is an illustration after all, I thought it was worth sacrifying a bit of realism to save their expressions
If they made it?....well the story doesn't tell, but I've heard of a conference of a guy called Thomas Sanders talking about survival and a pretty girl was with him, she was developing a new prototype of Legbots...who knows :D?
mdavid
Thanks David, that is a nice thing to read!
thebest
Thanks Tony, you were here all the steps of the way and the first in suscribing to my thread, so, many thanks to you :beer:
eduardo lobo
Gracias Lobillo, agradezco sus palabras, ojala salga algo bueno de todo esto!
Zapan
Thanks Brouty, I appreaciate your words, and will also stay around to stress you until you finish yours :D
gpepper
Thanks Pfeifer, I guess we are never done with an image, there is allways something more we would like to add or fix, thanks God there is some time to think about it, meanwhile i'll stay around to support good friends as yourself, this time with a beer in my hand instead of a cup of coffee lol
By the way, I tried to submit the car to the finished work, but it was denied until the end of the Challenge lol, well if we don't try we wont know ;}
Gunilla
Thanks Gunilla, There is still time and the fun continues, just got a bit less stress for the incomming days! lol
InTerceptoV
thanks pal, I hope to see yours finished too!
Versiden
Thanks Martin, that's a nice idea, i'll give a try! :)
mmoir
Thanks for nice words Mike, I hope to see yours finished soon!
Lemog
Thanks my old pal!, I wish you too all the best and the time and strenght to finish your entry and other jobs, don't get stressed, there is still plenty of time :beer:
vincent1
Thanks, it is a good point, I was planning some particles in the air, gotta make some tests, thanks for a good suggestion! ;)
MT Cup
Thanks man, that's a nice compliment to hear!
Stefan-Morrell
Thanks Stefan, you are doing a greeat job too, and I am sure you soo will bring us another great picture:beer:

Thanks to everybody, I want to say also that I thought the challenge would end on the 15th, LOL, i wanted to finish as soon as I could to have time to finish my other thread, but is Ok, i will have 11 days more to visit all friends and work quietly in others projects of my job, :cool: thanks u all!

antone-m
05-05-2006, 09:15 PM
thebest
Thanks Tony, you were here all the steps of the way and the first in suscribing to my thread, so,
you are welcomed dude at anytime :wise:

rattlesnake
05-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi my friend...sorry i took a little time out from my computer and u uploaded your final image...now im late :blush:..but now im happy to see your final image...really great result, i think u improve a lot each challenge , the sky and environment looks very cool, How did u created it so fast man!? youre a gift artist no doubt, my best wishes for the judging process friend:applause::thumbsup:

SONIC-X
05-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Your final images is awesome dude.well done and I hope you finnish your 2d entry aswell.
I wish I was as far as you are right now.

Cheers.

BAMU
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
very nice work, congrats and good luck :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-06-2006, 12:24 PM
:beer::beer::thumbsup::thumbsup::wavey::wavey::applause::applause::applause:....Weeeeee....everybody is finishing...arghhh...and i am working in tv spots...yay!

Congrtas man!

Tremoside
05-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Congrats for your final! It's fine and you made a great job! Lot of works and just in time! :thumbsup: :beer: :bounce: :buttrock: Time to sit back and enjoy the show!

Climax
05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
rattlesnake
Gracias Jorge, mucho de lo que he aprendido te lo debo a vos, agradezco tus palabras! :beer:
SONIC-X
Thanks SONIX, I'll do my best to finish my 2D thank you very much! :thumbsup:
-BAM-
Thanks dude! good luck to you too :thumbsup:
DimitrisLiatsos
haha, I know you are going to finish as well and as usual with honors! :beer:
Tremoside
Yeah, Thanks buddy! time for a little break! :D

Selina42
05-07-2006, 08:32 PM
WOW youre just showing off really with this gorgeous image arent you?! Great job -i'm particularly mesmerised by the sky!

oceanbluesky
05-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Great image Omar...wonderful expressions on your characters' faces...excellent sky!

Congratulations amigo! :applause:

soapy
05-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Well I didnt follow the thread but I am happy to find it now. Nice work! I think this image would make a great book cover. Congratulations on a fine finish.