PDA

View Full Version : The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: michael see zheng xun

Pages : 1 [2]

Nigio
03-17-2006, 08:42 AM
This is getting really impressive! :eek:
Keep it up.

LadyMedusa
03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Oooh~ Colors :)
I really like the clouds and the sky here :)

Slav
03-17-2006, 09:26 AM
NICE! good work on the everything! i love it. :wip:

nebezial
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
turn the phoenix rider more backwards, like really goin all out on that farewell, cause his face as is really aint sayin much so say it with a gesture:thumbsup:

Squibbit
03-17-2006, 11:12 AM
turn the phoenix rider more backwards, like really goin all out on that farewell, cause his face as is really aint sayin much so say it with a gesture:thumbsup:

or make him lean more forward to be more with the riding, with an expectant grin on his
face, looking forward to the adventure and being a little less with the farewell

vader
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
uow, I liked this sketch!! :eek:

trie only to change the pose of character who goes to be great.

calisto-lynn
03-17-2006, 01:20 PM
OMG!! OMG!! OMG! O_Othe colours are spectaculary-splendid-amazingly-beautiful!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
everything seems right in ist place!!! beautifull update!!!the red really fits in the first plan!! amazing!!

Neubius
03-17-2006, 01:45 PM
i was looking forward to some colour.
dude, you do not disappoint.
excellent.

slickgreekgeo
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Your concept get better and better, your latest is easily the most dynamic. Keep em coming!

makaron
03-17-2006, 02:48 PM
this last one is great... your Phoenix just get better and better in pose and comp:bounce: like it :D

BTW... it was close my last guinea-pig got the name Phoenix... kind of regets now that she is called Ninja, when I see this... haha

NinjaA55N
03-17-2006, 05:13 PM
a beautifull piece so far buddy! I must say that this looks like some sort of clip from a game. If u would just going on with this one, detailing it and so on, u'll be finished with this challenge in a week or two, hehe :) But u could still improve with the all in all scheme, some blue elements wouldnt hurt to rest our eyes from all that agressive red.. ah, nevermind.. Im just putting out everything that crosses my mind at the moment. just keep up the good work u r doing and get us stunned some more please :)

walrus
03-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Fantastic, dynamic colors, Michael! Can't wait to see it filled in, with more specular on the water an all. Looking great...!

-mike

FlaminGlow
03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Splended, perfectly amazing coloring skills, you must be a fine art artist using oil colors because this colors you did remind me a lot of fine art oil colors, realy so amazing, and the idea is good too but the water still needs a lot it doesnt seem to be affected well of the movement besides i feel it need color fixing try to change colors untill you feel satiscfied...:eek:

Glosep
03-17-2006, 06:55 PM
This one is my favourite, the color looks great, specially the backgroud.
Good comp. Keep going.

kidster
03-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Whoa ! G R E A T ! U have skill doode ! i love your drawing ! keep it this way !

Good luck ! I'll keep an eye on ya !:scream:

BaronImpossible
03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Very nice colour studies, but I much prefer the one where he's flying from the roof - that sketch was awesome.

rawwad
03-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Nice sketch :D I love the horizontal compositon, sky and bird is beautiful. waiting for next update :thumbsup:

asparta
03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Congratulations for the last contest!!

And I see you continue with the same excellence here. Have fun, and I wish you show your best.

Squibbit
03-19-2006, 12:47 AM
starting to be real nice colors there mr.biscuit, one of my favourites i think at this stage :thumbsup:

3dRaven
03-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Wow I'm lost for words :applause: Love the colors

Edit

Only had some slight probs in finding the head of the creature at first glance (blends in a little too nice with the body) Maybe make it stand out a bit more? (minor beak color change or something?)

Samanthie
03-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Beautiful so far, the colors are excellent. :thumbsup:

jevinart
03-19-2006, 08:57 PM
excellent color, style, technique and sense of drama here. love the composition and feeling of movement -- from the wings of the bird to the waves below. beautiful work.

ramy badie
03-19-2006, 09:47 PM
personally, I loved concept sketch 6, but I really love the colors you chose for this. The red really stands out, but at the same time it doesn't clash with the other elements. I like it, keep up the good work.

ralphmanning
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Going well with the colours so far, but i'm looking really forward to seeing the one from the rooftop (concept sketch 6) in colour. :p

beelow
03-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Micheal u know this entry sucks right?:rolleyes:

Hehe, just kiddin'!:D

Agamemnwn
03-21-2006, 09:42 AM
goodmorning Michael . i really like the composition in the last sketch . the way u put the sunset behind the figure to follow the eyes from the phoenix and the rider . the colors are great . i agree with nebezial about the pose of the rider . to twist his back to see more of the figure in the background and say goodbye. maybe turn the phoenix a little to the right so the pose would be more natural to wave back to the figure and carry the movement away fromt he center of the image.. just a thought

Tigrenka
03-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi,Michael! Great as always

domclubb
03-22-2006, 03:19 PM
i'd define the head of the beast more and have the rider leaning back to give the sence of him being pulled by the movement of the beast. I would maybe think of moving the other character to the foreground so that the rider is easily able to wave at him without looking backwards. Maybe put him on the rocks to the left? Other than that, i like the way you've refined this concept. The mood is better, its more dynamic and i love the bright red you've used for the beast. brilliant.

FIDUCIOSE
03-22-2006, 03:20 PM
That's great!! amazing as always. Really love your palette.

I will stick on your wip, good luck!

Arc80
03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Lots of updates... man, all looks great buddy :thumbsup: I definately like the colour that you are using. very eye catchy and it definately reads well. I really like the character design that you posted with the pheonix. I'm kinda with Baron here though, i prefer the scene where he's about to fly off the roof. It just feels that it has a lot more dynamic and expectations. Keep it up man.

cheers

pushav
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Nice work! I like the colors!:thumbsup:

xric7
03-24-2006, 01:25 AM
hey Mike.the latest update is too awesome!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :buttrock:
can't wait for more.cheers

Samanthie
03-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Wonderful update. I like how you defined the head more and it looks really good. One tiny critique about the head though. I can see it much better but it still tends to blend in with the tail at least for me. A suggestion would be to darken the tail feathers a little so the head will come forward more. It is a lovely piece Michael!:thumbsup:

sirBS
03-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I like your color and an atmosphere of work.:thumbsup:
Good luck !

Stahlberg
03-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Excellent!
But he should look back more, or there should be some people on the right side he's saying goodbye to, otherwise it looks like he doesn't care that much... :)

I think the wings should be bigger, here's some reference:
http://www.mytaxidermy.com/jpgs/gallery/birds/eagle01.jpg
http://www.sculptures-by-bjh.com/eagles.htm

DeeVad
03-24-2006, 10:57 AM
:)
Your work is incredible, and I really like the mystical fragance in your colors scheme. Always the same: a bit burn and colors over-exposed like your red for the big eagle. I really like the way you go with this one. Keep it !

MichaelZHsee
03-24-2006, 11:38 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1143200317_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1143200317_large.jpg)

here's another color test update for conceptsketch 6.i'm not sure if i'll go with the color schemes but i'll be playing around still:)

will post a reply to each and everyone of u tomorrow~gotta take a leave now

umbrellasky
03-24-2006, 01:21 PM
OOlala Mr Sh@ke! your colour ideas are magnificant!

Vahn
03-24-2006, 03:04 PM
this one is really great ... i prefer this roofview :D

now the phönix' head gets some space and can be seen better. The red and blue contrast works really well here ... amazing piece already ..go on :D :thumbsup::applause::bowdown:

jeromoo
03-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi there Mike,

May I suggest adding a bit of greenish tint to the sky to compliment the reddish colour of the phoenix better? It also enhances the mystical atmosphere of chinese mythology. Just an idea, bro.

Keep going at it, mate.

Neubius
03-24-2006, 03:30 PM
wow - love the colouring. is intensity of the reds a result of the sun shining from behind?
wounderfull

Samanthie
03-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh wow! This one is beautiful as well. Love the contrast between the colors. :thumbsup:

adonihs
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
hot damn! i was looking for your piece ver since i saw your cggallery. so cool! is that a pheonix? well first of all, I love the texture on the feathers, really great job on those! the characters are awesome, and the little city below is so so cool! i want to see where you take this =) nice job my friend!

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2006, 04:57 PM
awesome, keep it up mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ralphmanning
03-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes, concept sketch 6 is definitely my favorite.

I do like the colour test of it, the colour in the phoenix is beautiful - I really love it's vividity.

However, when I saw the sketch, I definitely envisaged some more green. I think it'd look much better with lots of lush green foliage peppering the distant cliffs and maybe a few plants closer in the foreground also. :D

beelow
03-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I like this last one but the one b4 this has a better color pallete, go with that one, personal taste though, peace!:thumbsup:

MichaelCTY
03-25-2006, 04:34 AM
hey bro, U did too much setches haha really hard to choose,I really think you should start doing one of these, waiting for ur decision

MichaelZHsee
03-25-2006, 05:19 AM
sacha - thanks man~:scream:

beelow - thanks alot buddy~i might be going with the latest piece,will keep the color schemes and enhamce alil bit on the mood.

michael chang - thanks bro,i think i'll go with the rooftop piece.will still be playing with the colors.damn i 'm so undecisional.:sad:

squib - thanks dood,i'll keep it coming

nigio - thank u.

valentina - thanks alot my friend,i like the colors too and at the same time,i like the latest one as well:scream:,i'll see what i can do about it~

slav - thanks mate

neb, squib and vader - got it man~i'll fix the posture ,will pobably be adding more sub characters to it.i might be going for the latest composition for now

linda - thank u soo much my friend

neubius - thanks mate~so many color palette i have in my mind till i'm not sure which to go~i gotta settle down on one though:scream:

george - thanks mate

makaron - BTW... it was close my last guinea-pig got the name Phoenix... kind of regets now that she is called Ninja, when I see this... haha
:scream:lol. blaz would be happy though

blaz - thanks man~yeah,haha i can actually finish this piece in a few days,but come to think of it~we have 2 months more to go,i'll spend every bit of the time to finish this.not very much in a hurry but there's always stuff that got into my time.thanks for the advice mate:thumbsup:

walrus - thanks man,got it~haha i'm a 3d guy myself and i should have known better about this :Dfor now i'm going with the latest comp

flaminglow - thanks for the suggestion,i'll keep that in mind if i'm still going with the water

snowan - thanks buddy

kidster - thanks man,all the best to u as well~i see ur doing some great horses study:)

simon - thanks simon,here goes the color test for the concept sketch 6.

rawward - thanks mate.

asparta - thank u so much,i'll work hard this time too:Dall the best to ya

squibbit - haha,mr.biscuit?its cookies man!thanks for liking it my friend.if i have half the amounts of ideas u have,it'll be great:scream:

raven - got it my friend,will fix that up when i come to settle down on the final piece

jevinart - thanks mate.

Ramy Badie - thank u,here's the color sketch for concept6 but i tred a different schemes,i'll see if i'll go with the previous palette

adonihs
03-25-2006, 06:09 AM
love the update, love how I was also left out of the comments! lol just kidding :) great pic man, its coming far.

W-I-L
03-25-2006, 07:40 AM
ha! you had to change your username too... great stuff so far mate.. keep it up

Nazirull
03-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Great going matey!....love ur texture strokes....:cool:

BaronImpossible
03-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Yep, that's my favourite. A bit more light on the roof would be good. Other than that, excellent!

individium
03-25-2006, 05:21 PM
wow! nothing to say! beatiful colors. beatiful picture. cant wait to see whats more coming

LadyMedusa
03-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Love the fresh colors and the angle is also really nice :)
I think you should keep up whit this one *nod nod*

Cyberone
03-25-2006, 08:08 PM
im really liking this idea...

the "turm" of the guy on the bird is quite strong me thinks....mmm...it bothrs me at that angle...

the textures are sweet at this stage...the colours are lush...love the orange and red against the blue...

cool..

MichaelZHsee
03-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Jannis Bardis - thanks alot for the comment~i'll look up to that for sure:)

tigentra - thanks for liking it mate,love ur works too:D

domclubb - thanks mate,yup,the pose will be fix when i come to the next update~i might go with the latest com but still i'll follow up with the comment u have fed.thanks again

fiducious - thanks mate~glad u drop by.i'm looking forward to ur update as well

arc80 - thank u ,i made that concept 6 update but will be working more on it.:)yeah~ i kinda like the previous design for the phoenix but i think i'll make the phoenix alil more vibrant like in the latest piece

pushav - thanks buddy

xric - thanks bro,might be bz this week but i'll post an update soon:D

Debbie - thanks alot my friend for the suggestion,yup i'll work on that even if i go with the latest concept where the phoenix back facing us.:)

sergey - thanks mate,though i might not be using the same pallete for the latest but nothing has been confirm yet.:scream:

steven - thanks alot for the wings reference.i really do need that

david - thank u my friend,the colors yeah~haha ,alot actually prefers the the sunset color schemes and quite a number of u like the latest~i'll see what i can do about both the palettes.

madalaine - thank u so much,should have settle down with a particular colors,now that i made too much and i couldnt decide:scream:

vahn - thank u ,almost ready

jerome - thanks mate~yup,i'llry that out

neubius - thanks,the red is the color of the phoenix itselfs,if i were to place the sun infront then they might in sihouette and dark.

adonihs - thanks alot,just stay tune ya:)haha yeah,i missed out the latest replies

sacha - thanks buddy

ralph - thanks and yeah~the green like jerome mentioned earlier,will definitely try out on that

beelow - thanks dood,i'll see what i can do with both this palette.the previous is indeed more symbolical but the latest one has a better contrast

michael chang - thanks bro~yeah,will start real soon.probably on the begining of april:scream:

wil - yeah~i'm not sure why i have to change that,it said the username 'sh@ke' is being used by someone else~maybe its due to the '@' haha~its okie though.i'm still shake.
thanks alot for dropping by

maranello55 - thanks bro.all the best to u too

BaronImpossible - thanks simon,yup,this could be it~i'll repaint the whole thing from scratch,since this is only a sketch,overpaint on this wouldnt do the job.

individium - thanks man~i'll keep'em coming

LadyMedusa - thanks valentina,u are right:scream:

Cyberone - thanks mate

calisto-lynn
03-27-2006, 09:55 AM
oops.. I MISSED ALOT...BEAUTIFULL WORK MICHAEL!!:thumbsup:

coolrio
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
cool....:thumbsup:i envy 2d because its fast

MY JOURNEY (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=325612)

AZUMI (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=255234%20)

MY MASTER AND SERVANT (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=225581)

Zephyri
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Top class work, Michael, as ever. Lovely character development and the last one is definitely the best as far as colours/composition and story telling go. Only thing that strikes me as odd is why the phoenix would have it's wings in the air and then trying to be looking under them, but sometimes the look of the picture is more important, and compositionally, it works well like this.

HamsterFly
03-28-2006, 09:23 AM
So beautiful colors and great concept ! :thumbsup: keep it up..... good luck mate !

adel3d
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
you are still in the concept part like me .Hopefully we both go to the other steps.
So far good!

MichaelZHsee
03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
calisto - thank u linda:)

terminus_ad_quem - thanks for dropping by~i'm pretty slow here~not even at thelineart stage.:D

Zepyhri - thank u sam~i think its becoz i wanna have a long nexk for the phoenix and i'll try to tilt the head up alil bit:)keep updating ya

HamsterFly - many thanks my friend,i love the way u do ur colors too.why didnt u join this time?

adel3d - thanks alot mate~yup,i'm slacking off~i'm working on it at the moment.looking forward to see ur updates too

Kyena
03-29-2006, 09:19 AM
This is developing so absolutely beautiful Michael.

I haven't been reading the other answers so forgive me if I repeating.

I would brighten the roof a bit - right now it's too dark in contrast with other elements.
Also his waving arm is bent backwards way too much. I understand that you need to do it that much in order to show it because of the thing on his back. Maybe consider having him wave with the same arm but turning more toward us and wave over his left shoulder (from our view). Or maybe change the thing on his back a bit so you can make a more realistic position for his shoulder arm part in the right side?

I really love the contrast between the red and the blue.

domclubb
03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
this has come along way. I love the composition in the lastest version. The bright blue sky bothers me a bit. I would personally like to see a desaturated sky. Maybe a moody, stormy one. This would make the bird leep out of the canvas more. I love the colour of the bird and i'd like it not to compete with the sky colourwise. (I might be totally wrong here though as alot of people love the red against the blue). Beutiful stuff though. Keep up the good work.

Zapan
03-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Hiya Michael !!

OMG , you're doing wonderfully ... but that's really not a surprise !
Gasp totally gorgeous work mate !!

Hope to see more soon ! ... a lot more !

cheers ,

-Zapan

MichaelZHsee
04-02-2006, 06:24 AM
. Maybe consider having him wave with the same arm but turning more toward us and wave over his left shoulder (from our view). Or maybe change the thing on his back a bit so you can make a more realistic position for his shoulder arm part in the right side?.

thanks alot natasha,i'll take consideration on what u have mentioned when i come to the next updates,been really bz with the cookie ad recently.:)

domclubb - yeah i have thought of maybe having alil less vibrant schemes on the piece,blue and red seems to be prety good in contrast but i'll definitely play around more with different palette:)

Zapan - i'm soo glad u drop by steph,ur modeling is progressing fantasticly!thank u so much for ur words:scream:

mutedOracle
04-02-2006, 06:55 AM
no please don't change the color sceme. The contrast is beautiful. :scream:
I'd just repeat that red/yellow somewhere to tie the image together. maybe you could have red lanterns hanging in that city or something...

anyway, it's looking really awesome. can't wait for some updates.

Falcorr
04-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Nice work MichaelZHsee . I like the contrast of the red bird against cold blue sky. It is a major selling point in your art piece. I'll just wait and see what becomes of it :thumbsup:

Minnhagen
04-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Really nice work, I love the colours! Maybe some more reddish light from the bird reflected on the nearby surroundings? Looks like it really shines... Anyway, great image!

chenga
04-02-2006, 12:02 PM
:thumbsup:

I like your art very much! And, im going to follow this thread closely. Your work is inspiring.

Rooma
04-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Nice work Michael. I like the contrast between the colours of the bird/dragon and the background and I think the colouring is great too. And by the way I'm a new commer here and I leave comments to the ones I think are the best and guess what ..you're one of 'em :D so why don't you come and check out my humble work I would love to here your comment.

MichaelZHsee
04-03-2006, 06:58 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1144043883_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1144043883_large.jpg)

the lineart for the character as well as the phoenix

MichaelZHsee
04-03-2006, 07:08 AM
mutedOracle - thank u mate~i have decided to go for something more greenish interms of the overall mood as i think it symbolised more orientally.yes,lanterns will be added in for sure:)

Falcor_- hi there~and thanks for the comment~i wanted to go for something more moody yet atmostpheric,the blue against red is indeed a good contrast however i'll try something to get the depth more prominent

Minnhagen - yeah u r right about that~will see how things goes:)

chenga - thank u,great to have support from a country mate,where ya working at the moment?seen some of ur 3d works and i'm impressed.

Rooma - thank u so much,glad that u like it:)i'll lurk into ur thread soon.thanks again for the nice words

beelow
04-03-2006, 07:16 AM
He finally makes it to line art! Waiting for progress!:thumbsup:

MichaelZHsee
04-03-2006, 08:34 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1144049639_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1144049639_large.jpg)

here's the latest comp with the revision of the previous concept sketch no.6.alil changes here and there~the composition is wider now and i changed the waving arm to the left.will post the color comp soon:)

thanks alot beelow:)

MichaelZHsee
04-03-2006, 11:27 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1144060037_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1144060037_large.jpg)

here's the latest updates for today~the rest of the characters will be up soon. going for the less vibrant palette.

sergioKomic
04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
OMFG .... great pallete !.....:thumbsup:

jbballaran
04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow. Nice view. Amazing textures already at this point. Love how the red breaks up the rest of the colors like that. The picture just looks a bit like he's arriving from the journey already. You're out to get another award are you? :P Keep it up man :scream:

Zephyri
04-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Michael, this is looking better and better. I love the new background, really gives a more epic feel, and that phoenix looks even more impressive! The only thing I'm not keen on is its placement, dead across the centre and right to the edges like that. It starts to look like one of those eagle emblems after a while and just cuts the whole composition in half so yu go from up close detail in the bottom to misty hills suddenly at the top. Perhaps putting the bird on a slight tilt like he's ciclring a little, and having the rider lean against that might solve the problem. Or, actually looking at it now, and realising where his head is, it could be that the wings both look like you're looking at them dead on, and the body is more of an 3/4's view. Obviously you're nowhere near finished with it yet, so I have no doubt you'll resolve the issue!

But other than that minor point, it's looking great! I like the new colour scheme better too.

walrus
04-03-2006, 02:29 PM
This is looking great, Michael. I'm glad you went back to the green backdrop, so much more beautiful than the blue to me. What lovely colors! One thing to watch out for: The placement of the buildings in the mountain just behind the boy: Almost looks like he's wearing one of them as a hat! Clear out or fog up the smace behind his head and it might read a bit better. But not much else to say - it's coming along great!

-mike

domclubb
04-03-2006, 02:32 PM
wow. this is more like it. truly great. The new sky is more atmospheric and gives a great depth to the piece and the bird leeps out of the canvas. Brilliant.

mutedOracle
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
yeah def, the green does work a lot better!

keep it up mate :thumbsup:

Hexodus
04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Whoah, the colors looks fabulous! I love it!

Samanthie
04-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Beautiful update and lovely colors. Nice details and perspective below the cliff, well done. Keep up the good work.:)

adonihs
04-04-2006, 12:35 AM
wow awesome update dude! but just be careful, foilage can be a pain in the ass if not approached right. Im sure youll do fine though, good work!!! i love the colors

makaron
04-04-2006, 01:05 AM
that green background towards the Phoenix is great...

FIDUCIOSE
04-04-2006, 05:29 AM
BOOyaH! better and better progress no need to describe how great it is, everyone here just say it all hee hee. What about leave the feature or leaf blowing in the wind in foreground, it make a great movement speed and feeling of the wind when the bird flying.

beelow
04-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Much nicer now, Michael, keep at it!:thumbsup:

xric7
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
wow mate,your latest update is change a lot.i love the scene a lot.very beautiful environment.can't wait for more:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

coffeelin
04-04-2006, 12:47 PM
good!I like it.

minminxu
04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
zeng xun ...I love this picture.....the scene's painting are so nice!keep it up ...good luck...:bounce: :bounce:

tilite
04-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I've been checking on your updates all the time but still havn't had any real reason to comment. Just thought it was about time to remind you, you are doing great work and I love this piece. Thats it no CC about the image just love it :thumbsup:

:edt: So it's your style I think I apreciate the most, everything just blends into something that idealy appeals to me - and obviously a large portion of the cgtalk community.. Just wondering who you are following in the challenge and maybe some artists of insiration. PM me if you don't want t public mention of your thoughts... cheers

-tilite

:)

AWaqas
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Wow.. redish with SSS effect on the wing.. Im amazed!! **wipe tears**

And another Malaysian too.. great!!

You're on my watch.. good luck!!

individium
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
man this one looks even greater. thats incredible but theres a little problem in perspective of something there maybe the house, maybe the character. house looks like its on a diagonal ground. im dont think theres any other problem.

we want details, we want details:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

ralphmanning
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Michael, this is MUCH better. I prefer the colour palette so much more. :thumbsup:

Great move with all these natural greens. Also, it's good to see they aren't competing with the bird, in colour saturation/vividity... so good idea to keep the greens more muted and subdued.

Saying all this, I didn't know you would keep out the blue completely! You seem to have gone from one extreme to the other. Or are you concerned about the whole RGB thing if you were to include a blue sky. Hmm, well I think a blue sky would look nice also, but keep it under-saturated, not too bright - unlike your previous blue sky.

Last crit; the way I see it, your going to have to make a decision. Either crop more of that left-hand wing off so it looks like it's meant to be cropped off. Or widen the canvas so there is some space between the wing tip and the canvas edge.

Anyway, great work. I loved that last update. Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: Actually, on second thoughts, maybe it's best without any blue. Yeah - hard to decided without something to compare against. As always, looking forward to another update! ;)

vader
04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
excellent work michael!! :bounce:

good luck

warpy
04-08-2006, 12:16 AM
shake it,

its still too blended with the background. you should realy add more depth of field in there.

cheers.

adonihs
04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
wow, i love the new angle. i felt no pun intended lifted when I saw it. you feel a huge drop when you look at where hes going to. feels like, (my 3rd disneyland comparison on someones pic) but that youre on splash mountian, about to go down the drop. and thats a scary, but exciting feeling. great job =)

rawwad
04-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Hoho! Fantastic work friend! It looks great, composition and camera angle is excellent. Girl on Phoeix looks awesome too. Very dynamic with great mood! Keep working mate! :beer:

APHA
04-08-2006, 10:22 PM
here is mine (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3435042)

bandro
04-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Its gonna be amazing man!!

MichaelZHsee
04-11-2006, 10:32 AM
john - hie and thanks alot for the comments,i'll add up the rest of the characters as to create a sense that he is just about to depart:)haha~i'm just competing among the challengers here.

sam - thanks alot sam,ur comment meant alot~i'm working on it now,will readjust the position of the main character on the phoenix ,i could probably scale them down alil bit,yeah~i've been bz with the company works,animating stuffs and the schedule is killing all my time here,will update on this soon

mike - thank man~i got it,yeah~i'd adjust the placement of the character inorder to get rid of the chopped composition as mentioned by sam:)

dom clubb,Henjo Mey,Adrian Maleska - thank u guys soo much for the kind support

debbie - thank u ,i'll keep with the colors.

adonihs - thanx alot mate,yeah~i'll come to that soon,i see ur handing urs very well now:)

makaron - thank u:)i like it too

skan - great idea mate~thanks alot for that,i'll work it out when i come to that particluar part

beelow - thanks dood

xric - thanks bro,been really bz these days~i'll try to update as soon as posible

lin - thanks

minminxu - glad u drop by my friend,i'll keep up and same goes to u i hope:)

Tommy - thanks alot my friend,i've been following most of the participants progress here and for inspiration,i seem to being influence much on jason chan's directions and some of my cg buddies :)

Ahmad Waqas - thanks mate,glad to have another malaysian to follow my thread here,ahah~the sss effect arent going to work much here but i'll see what i can do about it.

Berkay Dincman - thanks for the thought on the perspective.i'll check again on that

ralph - thanks mate~haha i simply had another pallete in my mind and just try out out and see how it turns out to be,didnt really thought of wanna get rid of the blue background but it just happened.yup ur right~i'm working on the changes mentioned:)

vader - thanks mate

warpy - thanks buddy,will see how thing goes

adonihs - thanks haha,i like the way u describe on the piece i'm making here

rawward - thank u very much:scream:

alpha and bandro - thank u

umbrellasky
04-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Oooo :eek: This is just so wonderful!! I adore the perspective, great work!!

Slav
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM
top notch work as usual... but the only thing ill say is that the sky really needs something. its too bland. :)

paperclip
04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I can't believe I haven't replied to this one yet! :blush:

This is a really beautiful picture and I love the evening light, coupled with the soft glow of the house lamps. Very atmospheric!
I think you should repeat some of the colors of the bird somewhere else, in very, very small amounts, to make it tie in better with the atmosphere- right now it looks sort of pasted into this desaturated background, you know?

Aside from that, excellent stuff and looking forward to seeing more. :love:

Atris
04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi Michael! I really like your idea! You've created the very vivid and interesting the figure of the phoenix! Good luck, my friend! :)

Muttonhead
04-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I agree with Walrus, the details behind the boy's head are interfering with seeing his form against the backdrop. I would either move the buildings, or really flatten out that area behind his head with some desaturated colors that are fairly uniform in their tonal values.

Also: I am having a hard time seeing where the Pheonix's tail is supposed to go. Right now it looks like it goes behind a grey hill in the background, but I feel like it wants to overlap the roof in the foreground. I would maybe bring that tail towards the foreground more, to add a sense of perspective and drama.

Awesome piece so far, I really love the mood and atmosphere! Great work!

MichaelZHsee
04-25-2006, 04:26 AM
enialadam - thanks alot madalaine:)

Slav - thanks mate~the sky yeah,i'll see what i can do about it

paperclip - thanks my friend,glad u drop by,yeah~yeah it might be alil too jumpy to have the vibrant color of the phoenix against the desaturate kinda background,but i'll try to balance up the entire mood

Atris - thanks alot atris:)ur doing fantasticly at the moment too:D

sean-a-murray - thanks alot mate~got it,i'll re adjust what u have entioned above,will probably tweaked alil bit on the background as well as the position of the phoenix.thanks again for the comment.

ps;i'm sorry for not been updating forawhile now,was flooded with tons of jobs in the company and couldnt really fit in my time for the challenge,almost totally didnt get my hands on it.will spend the coming May to catch up with this.thanks again fellow challengers and friends who have helped and guided me so far,its very much appreciated:)

cosmicbeanbag
05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
have you tried taking out that rock formation on the midright that runs along the top of the building? i think that may be adding to the boxed in tightness of the composition.

calisto-lynn
05-08-2006, 06:52 PM
i missed alot here but it looks great!cant wait for more!!^^ :D

MichaelZHsee
05-11-2006, 04:18 AM
linda~thank u so much for the encouragement~neb keep saying i am lazy but infact i have been bzing with alot of my jobs here.kinda tight on deadlines,if i cant finished this piece of the challenge,i'll still be finishing it for good:)thanks again

kyi_72 - ur right about the rocks formation,i'll make sure that it turns out randomly in final

adonihs
05-11-2006, 04:20 AM
update! =O i wanna see more !

Slav
05-19-2006, 04:40 AM
keep rocking dude! looks awesome!

dinodog-jr
05-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Take it easy, mike!

I am eagerly not to see the current piece would be finish actually.
I know u got better painting than this..hehe.
The Concept is good , dun get me wrong.

Sorry for asking too much. I knw u got very distriction time over der.

anyway, take care of ur health, man

MichaelZHsee
05-19-2006, 02:08 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148044124_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148044124_large.jpg)

hie people,its been awhile since i last updated~work has overtook my time and i've been dying to complete this,i've been working on this since yesterday and i think i might have gone alil too far from the wips,there are still stuff to be detail as well as touch ups,here;s what i;ve been doing so far,will keep updating till i reach the finals:)hopefully

Slav
05-19-2006, 03:50 PM
YEA! long over due man and damn good stuff. maybe the perspective on the house *(to me at least) seems a bit too forced.

adonihs
05-19-2006, 06:23 PM
wow big improvement, very cool wings on the bird :) I like how its all starting to meld together now, i also love the mountian next to the sun, looks great!

MichaelZHsee
05-20-2006, 08:45 AM
adonis - thanks alot my friend,u've been a great support,been loosing track on the progress since i was bz with the other stuff,i'm just hoping to get this done as soon as posible:)

slav - man thanks alot for the comment~i'm afraid that i dont have much time to make the changes anymore~:scream:will come visit ur thread soon:)

dinodog~thanks for dropping by buddy~will try not to disappoint u my friend,worst come to worst~if i cant finished this painting for the challenge~i will finish it for good.thanks again

will fit in alil more time to come up with the next update

Ramitxon
05-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Wow, I would really like to ride that bird. Very good work Michael, It is a very long time since I didn't drop by and I see your picture is looking fantastic. Good luck my friend.

tourajkh2001
05-20-2006, 11:07 AM
great texture in your artwork ! have a great joureny man :D

MichaelZHsee
05-20-2006, 11:08 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148119683_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148119683_large.jpg)

here's another update ,thought the sky is alil empty and so i painted some clouds and play around with alil more color variation to enrich the painting more.:)

notpill
05-20-2006, 11:51 AM
:applause: hi, michael c'mon don't stop now. your entry rocks:buttrock:

BaronImpossible
05-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Looking great, almost done now. Particularly like the sky and dragon colours. Perhaps a little more definition to the dragon's head and body is needed.

umbrellasky
05-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I feel that the scenery needs another colour, it's very green and feels like it needs something else?

Awsome work!

:thumbsup:

paperclip
05-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow, you're incredibly close to the finishing line, michael! I love the sky, they introduce extra colour but not too much. The only things I can notice now is- define the feathers of the right wing a bit more, just the edges as they seem to have the same texture as the foliage behind them. Also, the lantern is a little too bright, tone it down somewhat.

I love this, I hope it's one of the winners. :thumbsup:

jbballaran
05-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Beautiful piece man. Colors are so lush... As expected :) My only crit is the size of the house they're on is confusing. It actually looks like that that's the whole house, and not just a tower or something attached to a house. The wing span of the griffin's kinda throwing the scale of the house off, dwarfing it a bit. And perhaps more atmospheric depth would introduce a bit of vertigo to the viewer, since the griffin's droppin off the roof like that. Just personal nitpicks man :) The land is beautiful. You're gonna kick ass with this again, I know it.

beelow
05-21-2006, 03:35 AM
Nice to see that you are back in the contest dude! Great stuff as usual! I am wondering if you have used 3d at all to help y9ou along the way! Will be back for the final peace!:thumbsup:

Quills
05-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Cool composition, twisted perspective and foliage...

Q

MichaelZHsee
05-22-2006, 11:52 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148295129_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148295129_large.jpg)

touching up alil here and there,made some changes on the rocks and the sky,might add a few more characters to it.

beelow
05-22-2006, 12:20 PM
THe character on the phoenix is too big or the characters on the roof top is too small, in relation to each other. My only crit as of now! Peace!:thumbsup:

walrus
05-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey, Michael, this is looking great! I love the recent additions o the sky, like the clouds and the sun work and the birds. It makes the piece even more hopeful in spirit.
Many posts ago, when you had just done some restructuring, I commented that the boy had a house-roof for a hat, you replied that it was because you had just done some quick repositioning. Now, unless I'm reading the whole thing wrong, he's still got a roof right on his head. As I've said it before I was hesitant to mention it again, and I promise I won't bug you about it a third time. :) Just had to point it out as I keep getting distracted about it... Unless I really am misreading is and he is wearng a square black had... in which case, never mind!
Anyhow, it really is looking wonderful, great work!

-mike

dinodog-jr
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
waoh..good eyes , walrus.
Mike, u like dat roof-cap?

The image had been lighten up.. This piece got very amazing "3D rendering" color...I raelly like the enviroment in this piece but the character riding on the phoenix should be more amazing design.

Waiting for the biggest version to look around the details!... see ya man!

alxcote
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Beautiful colors here, I love your image. All i can suggest Is perhaps bring the contract on the middle ground like the water fall and the cliffs as they blend with the character and we lose the depth of your picture. But detail wise and color choices are awesome. Good luck!

alx

Slav
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
hey man. you already got this i am sure... but watch the bird's left wing. randomize the feather lengths a bit. :) :thumbsup:

individium
05-23-2006, 02:12 AM
very very good picture,

only problem is on the left wing it feels like its reverse or something, some feathers are too long.

other than that, wonderful.

penartist26
05-23-2006, 03:26 AM
wow men ur rendering is very cool but i notice ur flying bird, is that a phoenix? man if thats a phoenix its surely HOT in Fire, so i guess ur pilot need some materials to support her from that
burning phoenix.it needs some realistic touch man, the rooftop where the parents are standing' hmm i guess theres somehing lacking about them dont u think its nice to see a lover or couple
specially parents standing on the house rooftop just to wave or say goodbye to their child?
looks like flat to me, but if your allowing my suggestions like this : a fence and a wating shed a cover something like that i dunno how to tell it properly in english in chinese style like jetlis movie or love of the condor heroes tv series that would be awesome to see. but still ur work and angle are very nice. keep it up i hope my critqz can help,gudlluck:thumbsup:

Norberg
05-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi Michael,
I know it´s kind of late for crits, but the boy riding the phoenix need to be scaled down half size. If you just draw out lines following the roofedges you see what I mean. Right now the boy is actually larger than the couple standing on the rooftop.
Other than that this is looking fantastic, the colors and atmosphere are exellent!
Good luck!

adonihs
05-23-2006, 08:56 AM
wow huge improvement michael! but times coming up! =O hurry and finish this beauty up and submit! It's looking fantastic though and I love the house, almost done :)

paperclip
05-24-2006, 11:19 AM
What happened, michael??

dinodog-jr
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I know wat happend to Mike . He told me in this morning.
The Worst day of his life. (at least for me, it is sux.)

Something terrible happend to him and his entry work.

Take care man.
Hope dat rascal will get what he deserve.

paperclip
05-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Did his computer crash and lose everything??

dinodog-jr
05-24-2006, 05:01 PM
even Worst than u can imaging.

nebezial
05-24-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah i heard...mikeey hang in there mate!!!:thumbsup:

walrus
05-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Can anyone say what actually did happen, or is everyone just going to post "ha ha, i know and you'll never guess!"

paperclip
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I heard what happened.....poor michael! I hope he recovers before too long.

:sad:

Ramitxon
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
I hope nothing serious happened to Michael?

Samanthie
05-25-2006, 03:26 AM
Whatever it is Michael I hope you are ok!

jeromoo
05-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey man, I think people want to know what really happened to you! You should share this experience with fellow artists here so that they can take precaution. I feel like explaining what happened now, but I think you announce it yourself!

I just realised... your entry is part of it too? OMG!

MichaelZHsee
05-25-2006, 08:35 AM
theresa,dinodog,nebezial,jerome,samanthie,mike and ramitxon,
sorry guys~everyone,i feel grateful for all ur concern and support,okie,it happened 2 days ago,at nite after working hours,i went to the restaurant and buy some food,thought i'd only need a few minutes and indeed,eveything happened within the minute i left my car,i parked my car about a few metres away from the restauant,so i thought it'd be ok to leave my stuffs in my car for a while.
i brought my external hardisk and my ibook along everytime i go to work,it contains my 3 years portfolios,3d master files of maya,most of my freelances works and all my artworks i have done so far,practically my backups of the works i've done,my carreer,made a mistake by not having a dvd copies for all my stuffs and my cpu at home has crashed while ago. ...when i got back to my car,the passenger seat windows were gone,dont really know how these people took away the whole window without much glass shattered and all my stuffs gone.the ibook and my hardisk were in a bag where i slid under my seat.that day was supposed to be my last day in the company,tehn i thought i might as well go back to the office the next day to retrieve some of the files and the works i've done during my time serving in the company.
as for the challenge,i'm not sure if i could get it done on time,since i only have the lower resolution files that i save in the server,i did send over the low res file to neb,said he will help me with something on the painting,and he did a great job by over painting some elements into my painting which i am very glad.thanks neb:)now ,the only hope i have left is blow up the painting resolution and re paint the details back.cant promise anything and i'm not sure if it could be done just one day...
guys,just dont make the same mistake i've done here.too late to feel sorry for it.

MichaelCTY
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
oh man, thats too bad............I think you ve try your best on ur Journey, Everyone know that, so Please dont be too sad......

Atris
05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi Michael! I truly feel for you! I hope you will be able to retrieve a maximum of your files and the works! Don't be downhearted.
And Good luck finishing!!! :)

MichaelZHsee
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148557306_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/9560/9560_1148557306_large.jpg)

spend the whole day retouching and painting,managed to scale up the resolution of the painting and here it goes.
michael - thanks alot bro.u've been a great support:)
atris - thanks mate,best wishes to u as well.

this is a story of a young man's journey into seeking knowledge in a far off land,with his companion phoenix,they wil travel to a place where no man can reach by any means of transportation,since he himself is unsure of the exact destination that he is heading off to,he will need to rely on his phoenix tp take him to the intended destination.This young boy,unlike any other boy,he has 'special' gift in him and his parents knew that.he catches on things really fast,his intellect surpases normal menmhis understanding of things surprises everybody,the more he grew,the more he learned,until iy comes to a point where there is nothing new for him to learn.thus comes a time for his phoenix to set him on a journey to a place where higher learning opportunities awaits him.

Slav
05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
yea! grasts on finishing man! looks great. :) now all i need is to find a magical doohicker that stops time so i can finish my isu and my image at the same time.

theresa,dinodog,nebezial,jerome,samanthie,mike and ramitxon,
sorry guys~everyone,i feel grateful for all ur concern and support,okie,it happened 2 days ago,at nite after working hours,i went to the restaurant and buy some food,thought i'd only need a few minutes and indeed,eveything happened within the minute i left my car,i parked my car about a few metres away from the restauant,so i thought it'd be ok to leave my stuffs in my car for a while.
i brought my external hardisk and my ibook along everytime i go to work,it contains my 3 years portfolios,3d master files of maya,most of my freelances works and all my artworks i have done so far,practically my backups of the works i've done,my carreer,made a mistake by not having a dvd copies for all my stuffs and my cpu at home has crashed while ago. ...when i got back to my car,the passenger seat windows were gone,dont really know how these people took away the whole window without much glass shattered and all my stuffs gone.the ibook and my hardisk were in a bag where i slid under my seat.that day was supposed to be my last day in the company,tehn i thought i might as well go back to the office the next day to retrieve some of the files and the works i've done during my time serving in the company.
as for the challenge,i'm not sure if i could get it done on time,since i only have the lower resolution files that i save in the server,i did send over the low res file to neb,said he will help me with something on the painting,and he did a great job by over painting some elements into my painting which i am very glad.thanks neb:)now ,the only hope i have left is blow up the painting resolution and re paint the details back.cant promise anything and i'm not sure if it could be done just one day...
guys,just dont make the same mistake i've done here.too late to feel sorry for it.

i hear its a problem wit IE 7 there is some kind of exploit in it. lesson learned, never download beta software. :P at least on your main workstation.

jeromoo
05-25-2006, 01:54 PM
i hear its a problem wit IE 7 there is some kind of exploit in it. lesson learned, never download beta software. :P at least on your main workstation.

Slav, I think you misundertood Michael. What he meant is that someone broke into his car and stole his laptop and his external harddrive which contains ALL his cg portfolios that he has ever done, personal and business-alike! He doesn't have any other backups at all! Except the low res ones he has put up online.

That really sux, man! I'm off to make multiple emergency backups of my works now!!!

CoreyArtE
05-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Slav, I think you misundertood Michael. What he meant is that someone broke into his car and stole his laptop and his external harddrive which contains ALL his cg portfolios that he has ever done, personal and business-alike! He doesn't have any other backups at all! Except the low res ones he has put up online.

That really sux, man! I'm off to make multiple emergency backups of my works now!!!

Wow, that really happened? I am very sorry to hear that man. But if it means anything I still think this is one amazing piece you managed to generate. Honestly, be proud man because you didnt give up.

Slav
05-25-2006, 02:58 PM

OH SNAP, SHIT ON ME and F*** ME SIDEWAYS

i didnt clue into that one... that REALLY sucks bro! that guy should rott in hell. :( or at least give the HD back :argh:

Ramitxon
05-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Congratulations Michael, on finishing at last your image, doing what you could. It's a fantastic pic. I'm really sorry about what hapened to you, It's one of the worst things that can happen to your proffesional life, losing your past work. You have all my support and my encouragement, never give up. Good luck my friend.

Nazirull
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
I know how it feels...i lost 4 years of college work the same way.... my pentium 100 decided to go kaput and bring together the 500 MB HD with it......

The journey begins for you mate.........i wish you all the best for the judging.

paperclip
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Woo michael, you felt the burn and finished it anyway! I'm proud of you. :love: Good luck with the challenge- you sure have produced a fine image....:applause:

makaron
05-25-2006, 04:52 PM
those theifs... :twisted:

but you did a great job in finish it anyway... looks great... well done... :bounce:

Samanthie
05-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Michael, This is terrible to have happened to you. :sad: You have done an excellent job on your image in spite of everything and it looks lovely. My best to you and good luck!

walrus
05-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Michael -

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. It's worse than just losing a hard drive becuase somewhere there's some malicious bastard to blame. >:-(

I'm glad you were able to bounce back and turn this image around and get a hi-res version together so rapidly. I hope you'll have similar luck getting together your portfolio and other lost files. Best of luck to you, and so as not to end on a total downer, congratulations on making such a fantastic image for the challenge!

-mike

MDN67
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Very nice image, with a awesome lighting, good job and good luck

nebezial
05-25-2006, 06:21 PM
see, u made it:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: beautiful work mike

Squibbit
05-26-2006, 12:04 AM
nice that u got it finished regardless

MichaelZHsee
05-26-2006, 04:04 AM
jerome,slav,ramitxon,coreyart,nazirill,samanthie,makaron,squibbit,walrus,mdn67 amd nebezial

thanks u soo much for everything,the guidiance,help,encouragement and support.
special thanks to nebezial who have did tremendous improvement to my piece of work,walrus who endlessly giving priceless feedbacks and everyone for all the precious comments,i couldnt list all that have helped me throughout the entire process of making this piece a reality:)thank u again

here's some 30% high res image,might take some time to load the all the images due to the sizes
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5959/thejourney307hi.jpg

50 percent of the original size
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/126/uppersky8ds.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6506/middlecharacters5pg.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3500/lowhouse1uw.jpg

thanks again :)

MichaelCTY
05-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Well done mike, I still like your piece ,especial the background, thats awesome.
although You had lost yout computer,you still tried your best, thats a great spirit as well

MichaelZHsee
05-26-2006, 07:34 AM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7352/thejourney30a8cn.jpg

here's alil update,made some color balance changes.

adonihs
05-26-2006, 11:11 AM
EDIT: OH MY GOD! i just read about labtop, etc! That is so terrible! God, who would do such a thing? I swear, it's an ongoing thing lately...someones been trying to make credit cards under my name and hack my Paypal :/ What is with people? Are they that worthless? Jesus, im so sorry man...that sucks. You definetly earned GIANT points on my list for repainting all of this. respect to you, hardcore.

bad.ass.

kevinhyshen
05-26-2006, 11:14 AM
cool colors and phoenix/dragon wings, nice perspective too

Muttonhead
05-26-2006, 07:01 PM
ahh jeez. That is really an awful thing to happen. So soory man. Great piece though, you pulled it off in fantastic fashion....

-Sean

Slav
05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
through all that has happened i think you are an inspiration of how one should conduct oneself when things go horribly wrong. i commend you on finishing. it rocking dude! :scream:

beelow
05-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Damn that sux dude! To hear someone steal shyt makes me angry, feel fuking someone up now!:argh: :banghead:

I am glad to see someone like you to finish up the entry dude! Alot of heart! Congrats dude, many thanx for some of the pointers you gave me dude! Good luck with your entry! I like how you handled your lighting and your texturing, colors and compo, one of my favorite images. What image I do not enjoy of yours, hehe! peace dude, remember you always gonna create new work!:thumbsup:

Kuroart
05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I can't even fathom the horror of something like that to happen. I can't say anything but sorry that happened. That really sucks.

The pic looks awesome though. I really like it.

CoreyArtE
05-27-2006, 11:38 PM
This came out great! You should really be proud of yourself, especially after what happened to you. Goodluck in the judging!

TedTerranova
05-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Beautiful image. I love the setting and the characters. It really tells a story and makes the viewer curious about what is happening. This would make a great book cover. great work and good luck!

FIDUCIOSE
05-28-2006, 06:26 AM
That's fantastic!!
Good luck in judging my friend.

cgoz
05-28-2006, 09:14 PM
wow i've missed that! fantastic job, great colors and compositons, good luck

individium
05-29-2006, 02:38 AM
marvelous work! congratulations!

very beatiful colors and comp. and everything.

bumskee
05-29-2006, 04:39 AM
sweeet, the warm bright wings really give it a good kick. Love the details on the buildings, Best of luck! cheers, Min

Lemog
05-29-2006, 01:05 PM
An another masterpiece for you Michael... each time it's the same song... you catch again the essential of beauty, feeling, mood and mystic...

...great pleasure to discover this image :bowdown:

Elsie
05-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm just speechless Michael. You have again made a wonderful contribution to the challenge and (although I'm sorry I lost track of everyone over here!) one of my favourites. Just beautiful. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you :D!

vader
05-29-2006, 08:51 PM
excellent image Michael, great composition!! :bounce:

congrats and good luck :thumbsup:

xric7
05-30-2006, 02:55 AM
hey mike,ur final image is really kicki az.i love the bird's eyes view and the china landscape a lot.the characters and monster are cool as well.congrats and wish u luck in judginng.cheers bros.:thumbsup: :buttrock: :bounce:

dinodog-jr
05-30-2006, 09:12 AM
yo, mike..
Glad to see u made it in this very moment!..

Godspeed, mike~!

sorry for the late congrat, my adsl spoilt at the storm nite before i submitted mine.. haha.

notpill
05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Mike, your final it's incredible. The final rush in the last two days will remain in my mind for years.
Bravo:applause:

Good luck with voting.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.