PDA

View Full Version : ambient occlusion help!

lipe
02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Hello!
I was trying to do a scene but when i connect the "mib amb occlusion" to a lambert shader, on its color or on a lambert SG material.. lights on my scene doesnt render.. why?? sorry, im learning yet, but i cant uderstand why it happens.. i can only use it making a composition in photoshop?? because, if i connect on the color, i cant put textures on it, and i dont know why my lights doesnt render.. i have tried with FG and GI on and off.. and nothing happens.. if i put a light emitting photons, the renders take long to finish, but its exactly the same if i didnt put it to emit photons.. :/ can someone help me??? im trying but cant figure out why it happens..
if i use dirtmap, my lights will render??? VERY sorry for my english..

jeremybirn
02-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Make a "surface shader" and connect the ambient occlusion to the out color if you are rendering a separate ambient occlusion pass - that won't require lights.

If you are rendering things all in one pass, with no compositing, then connect the ambient occlusion to the ambient color of your shaders.

-jeremy

Digitalwool
02-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Hey maybe its the same solution as above, but I think my idea is a little different.

I've been doing really nice occlusion passes with FG Occlusion. What I've been doing is make the mib_fg_occlusion node, then connect the "out value" of it to the "out color" of the surface shader. Apply surface shader to everything in your scene. Add one light of any kind, with an intensity of 0. Render with "Final Gather" turned on, adjust the final gather rays for quality.

This works very well and is super fast. I hope that helps and is different from the other suggestion.

lipe
02-28-2006, 02:54 AM
the first one works!!! now ill try the second one, tnks for all!

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.