PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow Simulation: Fluids and Bubbles?

Tocpe
02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Sorry if I threw this in the wrong forum, but as there isn't a RealFlow-dedicated forum yet and this is kind of an animation question, I thought this would be a good place to post my question.

I have a little bit of RealFlow experience (ran the demo and played with it till it expired :( ) but my boss has asked me to create a specific animation and I was wondering if and how RealFlow could be used to achieve it. We're looking to simulate gasses (in bubble form) rising through a liquid. Can any of you RealFlow users help? :) It seems simple enough, he just wants to make sure it can be done before we fork over the $$$ for the app.

For the bubbles, I was thinking I could run a simple sphere particle simulation in Maya, generate the keyframes, export it into RealFlow and then run the spheres through the generated fluid. That would create the proper interaction between the bubbles (spheres) and the fluid.

Tocpe
03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
anybody?... hello?... anybody in here? ;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.