PDA

View Full Version : fallen angel in hell (nudity)

ablorat
02-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi to everyone.
I'm quite new to using photoshop for painting in it, and very new to using tablet.
i've bought it a few days ago and this is the first result...
the original picture size is 11000x9000 and it is far from being finished... i'm kinda stuck at this point and don't now how to continue... the body is kind of soft...
what should be more detailed? what about the composition? how can i improve it? is it interesting enough?
i need critique and suggestions from you fellows.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/ablorat/tab.jpg

KahlanAmnell
02-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Absolutely amazing.

I am really looking forward to a finsihed comp. There is so much meaning behind this work already that i am stunned you would call it a WIP.
My suggestions. You have gone for realizm with the angel. Continue that with everything else.
Work on your buildings and horizon. Apply perhaps a few hellish creatures appearing from the sky or perhaps from below. Continue adding detail. I'm subscribing. Lets do this together

ablorat
02-28-2006, 03:02 AM
Thanks Kahlan Amnell (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=140094)! I will later add some flying demon -good idea :)
The buildings on the horison will be difficult to make real, i've tried it and it didn't work out well
they were too cartoonish. I'll try to find an appropriate refrense and then get back to the buildings
So i just painted and added detail on the girl... for 3 more hours!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/ablorat/tab2.jpg

ablorat
02-28-2006, 10:13 PM
more work on it all=more detail :)
7 more hours of work...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/ablorat/tab3.jpg

jsn
03-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Hi Ablorat!

This is looking great :bounce: I think it looks very interesting!

I love what you're doing, keep up the great work!

jas :thumbsup:

oogieboogietoogie
03-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I really like the detail on the fallen angel.

However, it looks as if she's going to fall down on her back; maybe it's because her feet are not perpendicular to the floor, or her knees are not balancing the not-perpendicular feet enough.

Keep up the good work!

KahlanAmnell
03-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Commin along very well. Your doing great with those buildings. Its commin out just as i had imagined. Good work.

Your anatomy skills are impressive. The girl looks great however be sure to spend more time on her hair. It sticks out to much when compaired to the rest of her beautiful body.

Keep it up

aggie93
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
This is a really great piece of art. It appears to me you have mastered CG and tablet art. I am interested in getting a tablet and software to start CG. Did you find it hard to transition from traditional to computers?

Ags

ablorat
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
This is a really great piece of art. It appears to me you have mastered CG and tablet art. I am interested in getting a tablet and software to start CG. Did you find it hard to transition from traditional to computers?

Ags

Well, thanks aggie93. But i don't think i'm even being close to true masters of CG like those who post their unbelievable stuff on this site.
The transition isn't hard for me. i did a few oil paintings in the past and it's a real mess and to much bother compared to digital painting wich is so much fun!!!
But i'm not totally new to it. I use Photoshop for many years now (since ver. 3), never for painting in it, but still it helps a lot. I like the tablet too. Its pen feels so natural in hand, not like mouse. And it's pressure sensetive! Wow!!! :)

Kahlan Amnel
Hair! What a chalange! The hardest part is for the end. I'm even considering to paint it black cos' it will be much easier and probably will look more real

Ninetaile
you're somewhat right about her falling back... but what can be done about it? may by i'll paint a brick or something she could lean on to... i don't know :(

jsn

working on this piece i made a few discoveries an even had to spend some money...
Saved file is 400-500 MB and when opened expends to 1GB!!! (once even 1.5GB)
Even though i have 2GB of RAM computer creates a huge scratch disk and then things started to slow down... So i bought additional HDrive in order to separate the OS and programs from paging file and scratch disk. It helped! And i'm happy again! :)

tonight i'll paint... :D

ablorat
03-02-2006, 02:04 AM
today was mostly hair day, some color fixes to the background sky, her back and roof top...
added more detail to the eyes + little fixes here and there

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/ablorat/tab4.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/ablorat/tab4_crop.jpg

oogieboogietoogie
03-02-2006, 03:00 AM
Awesome. :)

I hope this isn't too late, but after noticing the face:
if you drew a line under a nose, the lips, and the eyes, they would be parallel, however, in your picture, it seems to me that her left eye is slightly raised a little in comparison to her left eye and the other features of her face.

Maybe it's me.

Anyway, Keep up the Great Work!

Mfunky
03-02-2006, 03:09 PM
wow!!!
great job ;)
can you post a tutorial about your fallen angel?
thanks

xric7
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
cool design and idea.great painting too.i love ur image.:applause:

KahlanAmnell
03-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Hair is comming along quite nicely. It is without a doubt a great improvement on your overall work with realistic hair. When your in the mood, contiue your work on those buildings the first few came out great. Dont stop there, do them all.

rblitz7
03-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow! excellent job man! My thought is that the wings dont look so attached to her body, maby add a slight bumb in her back where the wings protrude and maby change the skin color a bit around the wings.

aggie93
03-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Wow! excellent job man! My thought is that the wings dont look so attached to her body, maby add a slight bumb in her back where the wings protrude and maby change the skin color a bit around the wings.

Yea, Think of how this would be jointed to the shoulder. A bird wing should be able to rotate in that position. That type of joint would need to be placed there. I am working on a female with wings. The best thing about mine is that her back is not shown. Keep up the great work. She is looking real with every brush stroke.

Redchaplin
03-04-2006, 03:15 AM
I LOVE this pic. the color of the figure is amazing. the face is great, and the background is an inspired look at hell. It brings to mind a conversation held recently in class about the placement, or mor accurately the anatomy of a human wing. I think everyone has a different view on the subject. Yours is good, I might have done it differently, maybe less bone and more viscera, but regardless this is an amazing picture.

ablorat
03-04-2006, 06:49 PM
hi again. and thanks to everyone who have commented my work.
i think it is pretty finished now but i'm not totally satisfied with the result.
I think it could have been much better if i had a littke more patience or skill

i fixed a little the wings an all, hope you'll like it :)

may be i'll get back to it later to make a few things look better
But for now i'm a little tired of it

Redchaplin:
I would have liked to participate in that conversation you're talking about, it would have helped me i think :)

Please take in consideration that the original picture size is huge (11000x9000 pix)
so when resizing it to 900x800 many little but important details disapeared
so this is the latest version
Tell me what you think, i need your critique, it helps me a lot!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/ablorat/tab5.jpg

aggie93
03-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Great job. I think you did a really great job on her wings and the lone white feather is a good touch. You can really feel her remorse for whatever reason she got sent to Hell. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Come join us on the OFDW.

KahlanAmnell
03-05-2006, 12:52 AM
I think you did a fantastic job. The buildings, the girl, the feather. It all came together well.
I agree tho that with a bit more patients you could have done better but hey were in a feild of trial and error. The end result looks great as is.

Post a link to high res. I would love to see it.

ajay1589
03-05-2006, 07:09 PM
i definetly see a connection with this piece and the movie Constantine. There is one scene where gabriel loses "her" wings and they look similar to this
also the way hell is depicted in Constantine is a lot like your background
Even though theres some similiarities...this looks very very good
maybe you should illustrate that shes a fallen angel by showing some other hellish creatures...or even by showing a break in the clouds(that would mean adding some length to the piece) also the building that shes standing on needs a better, more realistically crumbling texture

freestyle771
03-05-2006, 10:49 PM
yup v nice work :)
2 things i'd point out:
her tatoo despite it's kinda burning is bit too neat, clear, like paste on the picture , see?
and the background buildings need bit more work. try using some ref-pics underground texture on em , myte help with details

anyway, very nice work man :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2006, 10:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.