PDA

View Full Version : Character: gramps

dobermunk
12-13-2002, 09:57 AM
:shrug: What have I dun wrong?

Here's gramps (second attempt).
May be familiar to some from tutorials Amaan Akram and I unleashed a while back. We were playing with the idea of a short, so I thought I'd plug gramps in the lead role...

suffix
12-13-2002, 10:06 AM
he is damn scary looking! that vein is scaring me!!! maybe the sweater could be better, maybe a bump map? other wise it's looking good, if you want him to be scary looking! :)

jeb
12-13-2002, 01:07 PM
awesome modeling dude , the hair looks superb. but the clothes need work. it looks lowpoly and the texture looks lowres.

hope to see the body

xtrm3d
12-13-2002, 03:12 PM
scary ?? humm i dont think he look scary..he only look really old..
the haire are great but the brown are better..
i love hes eyes area.. they are so "life-full"
i should agree for the pull-over .. he need more work..
and may be an other light scheme .. ( i juste think the main light is a bit too bright.. )

cool work..
i stay tuned and wait to see more of him..
i think about stuff .. like hand,pant,shoe and my be a sweet environemt ??? -- like watching tv.. :wip: :thumbsup: :wip: :thumbsup:

xtrm3d
12-13-2002, 03:14 PM
hoo.. and i forgot..
he definitivly have too much theet ..
let him loose some of them :D

dobermunk
12-13-2002, 03:23 PM
>he definitivly have too much theet ..
Yeah, I think he can take them all out at once ;-)

>the clothes need work
The sweater is lo-res. Forgot to up the subdivision. Trying to get a decent solution between an animatible model and a soft-looking, ribbed sweater :hmm:

>he is damn scary
:surprised You should get a better clos-up of those nose hairs!

I've got his hands done, his pants are modeled. Gotta get another view done...

Amaan
12-13-2002, 08:24 PM
wow love the look of the skin and the eyes.

i think his hair needs Brylcreem.

he has this unkempt look and then there's this smile...makes him look crazy :)

Remi
12-14-2002, 01:41 AM
Very nice modeling......I agree with the teeth comments....I also would tone down the smile a bit...make it look like it's hard for him to smilee....a struggle if you know what I mean...he looks very old and decrepit.....Very nice altogether though....keep it up....:thumbsup:

LordShaitan
12-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Looks good, i agree with eveything said so far. Maybe add a little bit of color to those veins? Maybe some small textural veins as well.

Maybe add a little bit of hair to the nose?

Keep it up, great work!

psilipsycho
12-15-2002, 04:43 AM
I like it alot! I would like to see a larger range of color in the skin. At any given time you can see greens, blues, reds and purples tones flushed throughout the skin. I understand this isn't ment to be photoreal, but a little more variation could only help.

eunuchbot
12-15-2002, 05:53 AM
the only other thing I see is that the eye ball should be closer to the eye lids

Amaan
12-15-2002, 05:57 AM
that muscle on the jawbone (near the ear) seems a bit flat.

c'mon David. It's a weekend. Let's see some new renders :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.