PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Sizes for Airplay

vikigrafx
02-27-2006, 07:34 AM
hi everybody

I am working on a project for a client where he wants to airplay that footage in both USA and Europe. As i know these 2 countries uses different frame rates 30 FPS(NTSC), 25 FPS(PAL) respectively, i want to know some more details from you as a help to comlete my project.

I am doing some CG work for that video. Using 3dsmax for that. My doubt is what rendering size i have to use while rendering( i heard 720x486), what is the image and pixel aspect ratio i have to use? Are there any precautions i have to take apart from them. I want the rendering size, image & pixel aspect ratios for both NTSC and PAL standards.

Those who knows the answers could you please inform or guide to get related info please.... This will be a great help. Thanks in Advance

tedious
03-05-2006, 01:26 AM
You can always scale down from a higher resolution to a lower resolution, so if PAL is higher resolution, render for PAL. I think 768x580 is the highest you should need to go, that's a 1.33 image aspect and whatever pixel aspect works. If you scale down to NTSC (720x480) keeping the 1.33 image aspect it will look fine, as long as you don't render on fields.

For framerate you could start with PAL also, then use your choice of retiming filters in a program like After Effects or Shake. Don't do a straight cine-expand, though, because that's made to go 24 to 30, not 25 to 30.

-tedious

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.