PDA

View Full Version : Alias problem

KenSaba
02-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Hi All!

My first edition in AE 6.5, and having some problem with Alias. Guess it's too basic, but I can see where I'm doing the mistake....

What Im trying to do is zoom out from a single image. My output size is 720x480, so I try it with 2000wide, and later with a heavier image 6000wide, but it doesn't work. The result is AE read the image as it has 720wide, and when in zoom in, it shows it in consequent low resolution, too aliased.

I apreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

beenyweenies
03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi All!

My first edition in AE 6.5, and having some problem with Alias. Guess it's too basic, but I can see where I'm doing the mistake....

What Im trying to do is zoom out from a single image. My output size is 720x480, so I try it with 2000wide, and later with a heavier image 6000wide, but it doesn't work. The result is AE read the image as it has 720wide, and when in zoom in, it shows it in consequent low resolution, too aliased.

I apreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you nested the image into another comp before doing the scale on it. Make sure you are scaling the original image, NOT a nested version of it. If you need to scale a comp, there is a button in the timeline window to turn on constant rasterizing, which can be found to the right of the comp's name.

KenSaba
03-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey, beenyweenies!

Yes, Im scaling the original... First time I try a 2000x1500pixels, after I try this 6480pixels heavier one. I read about the Collapse Transformation button, but it's not available for the image layer... I'm trying to find the reason, but no success up to now. I apreciate any further advise. Thank you anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/yam653/forum%203d/aliased.jpg

beenyweenies
03-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey, beenyweenies!

Yes, Im scaling the original... First time I try a 2000x1500pixels, after I try this 6480pixels heavier one. I read about the Collapse Transformation button, but it's not available for the image layer... I'm trying to find the reason, but no success up to now. I apreciate any further advise. Thank you anyway.

collapse transformations only works on native AE layers such as text or precompositions, or layers that are vector art, such as imported Illustrator files. From the screengrab you attached it looks like everything in AE is set up properly.

That said, I didn't realize it was a 3d render that was giving you grief - try opening this same image in photoshop or similar and see if it looks just as aliased. If so, you may need to turn on some anti-aliasing feature in your 3d program, or just bump the render quality up considerably. If you are using Maya, this image looks like it was rendered on "Draft" quality mode. Choose "Production" instead.

If it still is giving you problems let me know.

KenSaba
03-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Hey Beenyweenies!

Think it's all right with original image. I post a piece of it; there are almost unnoticeble alias, but not that AE way... I guess the AE is getting this 6000pixels image and treating it as 720, from the begining, for a reason I don't know... So when it grows to closest zoom it has 300pixels...

The output also is checked in Best Settings, lossless.

Well, I modified the take, cleanning the zoom(scale) movements and deliver the task. But still researching about the cause. Think at last I notice AE is not Premiere..! lol so I'll start from the basic lessons.

Any idea is still welcome, any success I post it in here. Thank you so much.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/yam653/forum%203d/originalres.jpg

KenSaba
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Well, think I got it, at last...

Just a simple settings on Compositing Settings> Advanced> Preserve Res when Neasted ON.

Hope it help someone some day to not spend a week to find it... LOL

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.