PDA

View Full Version : Konkeptoine Releases a grand ReUnion

Vizfizz
02-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey everyone. Got the word from the Igors that Konkeptoine will be releasing their latest shader package "ReUnion" on Monday. Of course for some of you, that day is already here. (Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder David...but I saw the pages up on your website... looks like fair game to me.) :scream:

If you go to Konkeptoine's website, you'll find pages for ReUnion under the pop up menus. There's both a product description and samples available for viewing.

http://www.konkeptoine.com

I had the opportunity to get a sneak peek and let me tell you, these shaders have tremendous potential. By utilizing EIAS' next generation shader API, these shaders are capable of interactive previews, slider bars and much, much more.

The shaders within this package include:

Diffractor: Need holograms and cd rainbow like materials...this is your baby.
Microscope: Finally a nice way to generate microscopic environments.
RefractionMap: Cool refractions without Raytracing...ah speed!
Domus: Customizable specular highlights... need I say more?

I highly recommend these shaders. The Igors & David have done an absolutely tremendous job of putting these together. They're simply amazing.

richardjoly
02-27-2006, 01:40 AM
Now this looks very interresting. Trying to find a credit card with some space on it...

halfworld
02-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Woah.... They look great! Domus especially!

Some neato interfaces too, I want to see them in action!!! Congrats K-Team!
Ian

Dova
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
(Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder David...but I saw the pages up on your website... looks like fair game to me.) :scream:

And looks wonderfull to us Brian. ;) Thanks for your support!

So, well, here are the official words: ReUnion Shaders are RELEASED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear customers and friends,

We are proud to announce the release of our ReUnion Shaders.

REUNION PACKAGE: The new Konkeptoine ReUnion pack includes 4 shaders with a usage aimed at different purposes.

Diffractor™: Diffractor is specially designed to reproduce the diffraction of light in a simple, fast and efficient way. It includes four tabs full of options to control how your diffracted light look, including special controls to fake the tipical CD reflections in a accurate way (Scratched Reflections). The interface features also a custom preview and color ramps for a easier of use.
A modest shader in origin, this rebuild is specially designed to create diffraction rainbows with a simple interface. A CD is a popular diffraction example.So we added a set of CD-specific physically correct effects in the Scratched Reflections Tab. The beta-testing added more options to Diffractor's application area: each artist uses the shader for its purposes/taste (typically far away from originally designed diffraction). Diamonds.. physically their subtle colors are not diffractive, they have absolute another nature, but practically it's a very convenient Diffractor's usage. The Scratched Reflections can be used separately to get new interesting metals without any relation with CD's or jewels..
Microscope™: The Microscope shader detects where the pixel density increases (Usually towards object edges) and takes care of it. You can add a color to the most dense zones to fake lots of effects, from landscape depth of field, to microscope images in a easy way.

RefractionMap™: RefractionMap allows to fake refractions without Raytracing. Same as you use a bitmap image to fake Reflections to save render time, now you can also use the RefractionMap shader to render fast refractions in Phong shading. Do a render of your environment, add the RefractionMap shader, and render in Phong.

Domus™: Ever wanted that cool specular highlight present in PIXAR's award winning "Tin Toy"? Window-shaped speculars? Speculars defined by your favorite image? Here is Domus! The Domus shader can do it for you. With two modes "Window" or "Custom image", the Domus shader will reshape your highlights at your taste.

See the samples of the ReUnion shaders at:

http://www.konkeptoine.com/2Reunion/htm/R2samples.htm

The manuals are also ready to be downloaded from our website.

ReUnion Package works under EIAS 5.5 and 6.x MacOSX and Windows.

Price: $150 (United States Dollar)

To order now the ReUnion shader package through our online system please head to:

http://www.konkeptoine.com/tpv9/order.php

Please do not hesitate to write to our customer support if you have additional questions.
We hope the ReUnion shaders to be a good help for your toolset.

Yours
David Argemi, Igor Yatsenko and Igor Ivaniuk
http://www.konkeptoine.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.